Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:32 am 

ok, some had a cheeky wee 5 hour sesh on the Beta last night (my wife wasn't well so went to bed early, shame.. :smug: )

here is my feedback and initial thoughts - some of the pros could also be a con depending on your POV

Pros:
looks gorgeous, but no real increase from Bf1 which is also gorgeous
up to 65 v 65 !
Mechanics of running, reloading, shooting - much the same
bullets do realistic damage now so you can kill someone with one bullet now, the days of drilling 8 rounds of LMG into them point blank only to have them kill you with a pistol at 4% health, are over.
More buildings can be destroyed now
front end engine & respawn choices has been improved
you can't blaze away so much now as ammo has been made more realistic, grenade spam just won't happen as much
getting revived & calling out for help, is much better now, and really encourages squad play
will be much harder to nurse kd ratios now as there are no overpowered tanks or fixed guns or Behemoths or choke points
the Stug44 gun is an absolute beast in my hands - decent ROF and mag, and little kick - it turns out I CAN run & gun ! :o (was getting regular top tep finishes kd 4:1 which lets be honest, I rarely do on bf1)
some nice new mega campaigns modes
your in game ccy can upgrage your weapons & vehicles along a certain route, you can't unlock and fit everything at once, so the whole 'I'm killing people in a stupid way because I need 15 kills to get a certain unlock' thing that I hated has become much less important.
accents by & large are much better, no 'Tea (sneer) / jerry don't know us Brits / Gay German mincer / Dem Devils aint so tough' etc
if you are near an explosion, everyone gets knocked to their feet and you get stunned for a few seconds - feels v realistic

cons
much much harder to spot enemies and call out players - you now tag an area, not a baddie mostly, not sure I really worked it out
none of the guns seem to have recoil really so it feels a bit 'floaty' and more like Unreal tournament of 15+ years ago
the 'building fortifications thing' is a complete total rip off from Fortnight, and doesn't really add much as it gets blown up by one tank shell
all the different flags and indicators on screen gets a bit more confusing, just seems messy compared to red dot / blue dot / green dot
sniping seems waaaaay harder now, Assault class just seems overpowered
tanks only start with 18 rounds, which for a shoot merchant like me, is horrendous news !
No Behemoths of mega fixed turrets - the squad leader accumulates some kind of points system that is separate to the normal scoring system, and you can have a call of Duty style killstreak thing going:
7k points - can call in a supply drop
20k points - can call in a big tank
41k points - can call in a V2 rocket that in effect is a mini nuke and kills baddies on a certain flag
they already have my £79 so anything I've written here will literally only be of interest to the 3 or 4 good close personal friends who I've known for decades and have met in real life dozens of times, who read this thread
some shit accents are still there

TLDR - lads just buy the game, its ww2 & Nazis ffs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:45 am 

Yeeb are you quite sure it's 65 v 65? I would have been fairly certain that wasn't possible/available for any Battlefield game they've made to date.

Will be on tonight/this afternoon to give it a proper go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:50 am 

normilet wrote:
Yeeb are you quite sure it's 65 v 65? I would have been fairly certain that wasn't possible/available for any Battlefield game they've made to date.

Will be on tonight/this afternoon to give it a proper go.

it looked that way, the scoreboards went down to 65 v 65 anyways, with the last dozen or so being 0-0
squads are only up to 4 people now, I was Oboe squad and there were later lettered squads after us. I chose Oboe, as in 'Pink Oboe' :D

8===>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:58 am 

I only got a couple of rounds in last night, but I enjoyed it. The limited exposure means that I'm sure some of the issues I have will resolve themselves in time.

Some big issues for me, which are presumably related to it being an unfinished version of the game.
-Movement feels bouncy or something. Maybe similar to Yeeb saying it's floaty. Could just take some getting used to.
-It's really difficult to see enemies. There are well-flagged issues around player visibility which DICE are working on so it'll definitely improve. Even so,with the gorgeous colouring and textures etc, it's really hard to see character models. Coupled with the bouncy movement, I found it quite hard to shoot enemies while doing my usual hamster on speed routine. Couldn't track them and unfamiliar with my character movement. Again, probably just takes practice and familiarity.
-I need to make a concerted effort to stop spamming the spot button. :blush:
-Sniping feels very different. Seems really difficult to find and shoot people. Combination of the low-mag scope and the difficulty in seeing enemies being even more pronounced at range. I didn't unlock any of the later guns or upgrades for the Lee Enfield, which probably has a bearing.
-The weapon upgrading and cosmetics system seems good. I bought a cosmetic upgrade for my Stg44 and now the barrel is wrapped in a cloth. It looks cool. Pointless, but skins are fun. The actual upgrade tree is an odd one. If you unlock all the way down one side of the upgrade tree, you can't then unlock the other side and just choose between what way you want to set up the gun. You've to buy a new gun and unlock everything from scratch again, but go down the other side this time. Seems a bit grindy and makes it take long to just set up your weapon for a game. You also can't play with weapon upgrades/skins from within a game. You've to quit back to the main menu. Bit shit if you unlock an attachment or upgrade in-game but you've to leave the server if you want to equip it.
-Squad leader perks are fun. I got a cheeky triple with the V2 on Rotterdam just before the round ended. On Narvik we ended up spawn camping the enemy and I called in a resupply, which people actually used to replenish ammo.
-Low ammo count takes some getting used to. :uhoh: I guess we'll adapt, but it really funnels gameplay around the objectives. Battles end up happening in very predictable lanes as people run back and forth between resupply stations.
-The female voice of my Brit sniper was really annoying and jarring when making callouts. I'll definitely be customising my characters to males. :lol:

It seems fun and very promising. :thumbup:
Concerned about it being properly ready for launch. Apparently they're months behind schedule, but they've only delayed for 1 month. I suppose EA want it out for the Christmas market. Get ready for more BF4-style launch problems. x(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 am 

I didn't find the gameplay hogged the flags or certain lanes at all, was quite fun going up the hill on the left on Narvik and creeping up on snipers and knifing them in da fais

I also felt the in-game felt quite ready actually, servers seemed stable, no lag or jerkiness or bugs on spawning - same can't be said of the front end though, that would often switch axis v allies, of show the wrong pics - also misspelt 'guns' as 'gunes' on one of the aircraft loadout screens (I think the Blenheim).

forgot one major shite thing - I spawned in a Tiger, went up to the nearest car as I wanted to pancake it - feckin car is made of Adamantium or something and threw my 60 ton tank off to the side ! I wanna squash stuff, not get held up by some crappy tin can from the 1930's !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am 

I only played for less than an hour of actually gametime, so I didn't get that much experience compared to you.
I did see a fair bit of rubber-banding, mind you.

I also only played Conquest, one round on each map. Didn't give Grand Operations a go, or the other game mode that's available. No idea how those modes play out.
Must see how well squads work now. Apparently that was a big issue for the early access of the beta on Monday, but apparently they fixed it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:30 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I only played for less than an hour of actually gametime, so I didn't get that much experience compared to you.
I did see a fair bit of rubber-banding, mind you.

I also only played Conquest, one round on each map. Didn't give Grand Operations a go, or the other game mode that's available. No idea how those modes play out.
Must see how well squads work now. Apparently that was a big issue for the early access of the beta on Monday, but apparently they fixed it.

didn't see any rubber banding, you can play ops or conquest - the ops mode has a mix of Rush / blow up the bomb bits, and Conquest / hold the points / drain the tickets. Gameplay very similar.

am finding I'm learning far more far quickly by playing as assault and just steaming in, so me changing my own tactics from previous games is already paying dividends.

comms Rose is still shite though, much easier to just look at the flag you want and 'spot' it to set it as the order.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:50 pm 

Forgot to mention that the sound design is completely broken at the moment.
The general background noise is very quiet, but then something will explode nearby and be extremely loud. The sounds of gunfire and bullets seems sporadic. It's very hard to react to, almost feels like an unrelated ambient soundtrack with the occasional loud bang thrown in.

DICE are well aware of it, though, so presumably it'll be sorted out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:56 pm 

rarely listen to the sound tbf, bootsteps I usually get the direction wrong in an turn to present a back so somebody can Shiv me with a Nail knife, and bullets noises are fine. I'd love a machine gun that had Auto Martini Henry or Tankgewehr Ca-CHing noises !

I just turned the audi down a bit last night, as I usually play when kids are asleep I usually have the sound quite low, helps to dull the sound of Kiwi twats who have Pom Poms blaring out of the Telly & giving feedback to everything !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:56 pm 

:lol:
I've noticed that phenomenon myself!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:52 pm 

This is cool.

Heat maps of where kills are completed for the four classes on Rotterdam conquest. Medic really focused around objectives a cover. Assault and support spreading out slightly more between the objectives, and then scout having shit loads of kills from the train tracks and lots more between objectives.

Also, confirmed War Stories.
Quote:
Prologue: Take on an intense introduction to the world of Battlefield V.
Nordlys:This story involves a young resistance fighter who carries a weight greater than her weapons and ammo. Her story centers on not only her fight for her country’s liberation from occupying forces, but her family’s survival.
Under No Flag: Tasked with blowing up German air bases in the scorching North African desert, a young British criminal with poor judgement causes mayhem – but learns valuable lessons.
Tirailleur: It’s high-intensity all-out infantry warfare, where Senegalese units of the French Colonial Forces fight to liberate the French “homeland” that they’ve never even seen before.
The Last Tiger (arriving post-launch): In the twilight of WW2, the German Army descends into chaos. A lone Tiger tank crew begins to question the ideology that got them to this point.

So there will be one Story coming with a DLC drop, and it's from the perspective of the losing side. That I like.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 pm 

on that Tirailleur campaign, will you get unlocks for shitting in pools & doing your own special takedowns on the female Allied Snipers ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:21 pm 

Ah FFS dude.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:24 pm 

in da fais with some good Cobus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 pm 

*shakes head*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:14 pm 

I’ve been following the battlefield V release stuff and was looking forward to it. Had forgotten about the beta but downloaded it last night and played about 90mins.

Fuccck I’ve no idea what’s going on. The only gun I can use is the sten because I can’t control the recoil on the support class gun or the STG. Feel like I keep dying in an instant or from enemies I don’t see.

Feel like the learning curve is massive from BF1.

Will still buy the full game tho :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:32 pm 

Add your ID and format and I will update the OP Newportblue

The stg has almost zero recoil !? It’s a beast of a gun , as if the support gun if you use the bipod
Sten is pants in comparison

Found and Easter egg on narvik, you can build a fortification and it takes ages - it’s a feckin snowman!
Once built, you hear some sleigh bells !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 pm 

Nah, the Stg kicks a lot, but I think it's manageable. You can compensate for it by pulling down on the stick and burst and tap firing works well.

Enjoying this more the more I play. Bought a long range scope for the LE and spray painted the whole thing black. Headshots are very satisfying and I feel like a ninja! :lol:

Still go through boughts of the spawning and dying. Combination of poor map knowledge meaning I don't know where enemies come from, and still struggling with the player movement and gun control when things heat up.

I feel like DICE need to do a little work on the time to death. Frequently the first indication that you're being shot at is that you die. Very little sound effects or damage markers to give you a chance to react. Not every time, but I've had a large number of what feels like insta-deaths.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:38 pm 

I haven’t Sussed out spotting or when you can throw an ammo or medic pack or when to ask for help when you bleed out - sometimes it’s instant, others it seems to do nothing.

Weird how we differ on the Stg, I can’t run and gun to save my cock usually but I’ve had a few beastmodes 5-1 top ten finishes despite being a low rank with this gun (some people are ranked into their 20’s already !!!)
For me is virtually as good as the hellreigel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:50 pm 

I’ve just had another quick go.

I can use the STG to tap fire. So that’s an improvement. Didn’t feel like I was dying out of know where to. Which I suppose is a bit of map knowledge like you said Nol.

I’m part of the Xbox master race so you inferior losers can’t play with me :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 pm 

The spot button makes a yellow marker appear on the map/screen for a few seconds. If you're on comms with mates you can use it to quickly point out a location.
Sometimes if you look directly at an enemy and spot them, they'll be spotted like before. Red icon over their head. Not sure if they appear on the minimap, though.

The scout scope fully spots enemies, as too does the flare gun. If you suppress an enemy loads with a support gun they'll also be spotted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:33 pm 

Right, who's around tonight? Or even now? I am absolutely lethal with the scout class, somehow this is the perfect balance for me. Not looking forward to two more months of BF1!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:48 pm 

I wanted to party up with you yesterday, you didn’t accept :(

I will be on later tonight 8pm ish
I found scout a bit weak this time , hard to get one shot kills? Also I don’t know the maps for hanging back and 300m one shotting in da fais

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:25 pm 

backrow wrote:
I wanted to party up with you yesterday, you didn’t accept :(

I will be on later tonight 8pm ish
I found scout a bit weak this time , hard to get one shot kills? Also I don’t know the maps for hanging back and 300m one shotting in da fais

The wife uses the ps4 too man, it's not always me who's online. Playing now til pretty much 1 or 2 am so drop an invite whenever you're on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 pm 

Ah I see - good job I don’t forward links that a friend has found on PSN now, else would be

“ Norm darling, I was just playing candy crush on your machine, and one of your friends sent me this power tools thing ?!? Wtf!”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:34 pm 

I can't access online features. This is wank.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 am 

poor squad skillz last night tbf, none of you buggers were PTO and Tae's level of timely advice and clarity, is up there with his doorway navigation. :thumbdown:

still, I did get to Teabag Norm rather than revive him, managed about 5 dip dip chocolate dips before someone else shot me in da fais. and a cheeky wee 25-0 in a Tiger.

Scout and Medic are rubbish for me, in this game modes & maps & starting weapons, its all about Assault & support.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:52 pm 

I've gotten 3 MVPs since the beta opened Ha. Git gud.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:03 pm 

normilet wrote:

ye didn't seem to be doing that well on Narvik from what I could see, seeing as I revived yo ass a few times !
(you did get Nols a few times and he whined like eine fraulein hunde about it)
I was 8th, ye were 10th, Tae was 37th :lol:
Nols was 14 on the other side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:10 pm 

Nice to read some honest and pretty detailed reviews. I've watched quite a few reviews of the beta on Youtube and I get the feeling people are giving the game a bad rap simply because they want it to fail.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 pm 

Newsome wrote:
Nice to read some honest and pretty detailed reviews. I've watched quite a few reviews of the beta on Youtube and I get the feeling people are giving the game a bad rap simply because they want it to fail.

its good if you like making your gun a certain colour - last night Nols was all like "ah my lovely gun is all black, its boss"
"my gun is soooo cool"
"ah the detail on this thing is immense"

he was like a Kitten playing with a pretty piece of glittery string :lol:

for me, its all about getting more ammo / lessening recoil

for Tae - its all about eventually one day, getting enough points for some kind of unlock or purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:21 pm 

having said all that, when the real game comes along, I'm probably going to have lots of fun customising the players
Allied Assualt will end up being Mr T
Allied Support = Macho man Randy Savage
the allied chick sniper I'm going to give a robot arm, some sexy eyeshadow and a stupid accent to (oooh, waait...)
absolutely all of the German classes, I will give Hitler toothbrush tache's and monocles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:58 pm 

Could you imagine if DICE/EA through some oversight released a Hitler tache customisation option? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:03 pm 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

ye didn't seem to be doing that well on Narvik from what I could see, seeing as I revived yo ass a few times !
(you did get Nols a few times and he whined like eine fraulein hunde about it)
I was 8th, ye were 10th, Tae was 37th :lol:
Nols was 14 on the other side

Stop hating Yeeb.

I wasn't even in a game with Norm, and Nols was on our side the games I played.

I actually like the Beta.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:04 pm 

I did enjoy the part where you two distracted a guy with your Tiger 1 while I took an eternity to successfully snipe him from my perch on top of a crane.
Teamwork, eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:10 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
I did enjoy the part where you two distracted a guy with your Tiger 1 while I took an eternity to successfully snipe him from my perch on top of a crane.
Teamwork, eventually.

Yeah the tank gunner will take a little getting used to for me - for starters Yeeb's cannon gets in the way. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:26 pm 

Tae was here wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Teamwork, eventually.

Yeah the tank gunner will take a little getting used to for me - for starters Yeeb's cannon gets in the way. :lol:

*Alt+ctr+f7*

I won’t lie,

Etc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm 

backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Teamwork, eventually.

*Alt+ctr+f7*

I won’t lie,

Etc

Yeeb I thought you might enjoy that comment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:33 am 

so does the whole bfV beta switch off today ? do I have to uninstall it from my ps4 ?
hopefully they will let me keep my Biff-Ninja STG & K7 LMG that I've specced up to the max.
Oh, and Nols Black gun with cool black sight and black barrel and black magazine, with black headlining because its cool.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:59 am 

We can play until 10pm tonight, apparently.

There's talk of there being a second beta next month, given that the release date has been pushed back. Gives them a chance to implement some changes based on beta experiences and then play-test that again before the full release.
Be interesting to see if the stats/progress are maintained across betas 1 & 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next