Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:26 am 

10 tonight? That's pretty good, I had just assumed I wouldn't get to play any more until November.

You guys be online?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:30 am 

Yarp :thumbup:
Might only get a couple of hours in, but I'll get what I can.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:34 am 

yep seems rude not to, especially if I use the line to my wife 'oh its the last day this is available to play with my good close personal friends whom I've met often.'

tomorrow night when she bollocks me when I'm shooting people in da fais I can truthfully say 'oh this is Battlefield ONE, completely different game to the one I was playing 4 hours last night on'

lets do a proper squad, I think with some tactics & revive & supply we can do well, so long as Nols & Tae don't go wandering about boasting about going for zero objectives, and admiring their shiny Black weapon (oo er)

will prob be on around 8pm :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm 

Where did you read 10PM Nols? I'm seeing a lot of stuff online saying the Beta closes at 3:00PM....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:44 pm 

Tits, you're right. I just went off the first hit on Google. The actual BF website says 3pm.

Ribeyerolls self indulgence it is, so.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm 

RIP your lovely black gun with the lovely black handle and cool black sights and cool black muzzle

:(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:16 pm 

backrow wrote:
RIP your lovely black gun with the lovely black handle and cool black sights and cool black muzzle

:(

Damn it I was hoping to go into full-on Gurka mode with my Kukri knife I got. I'll never get that in BF1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:32 pm 

Hey Tae you wimp why didn’t you defend your girl Serena while yeeb trashed her on the other thread? He will still be your nightly cyber-buddy if you stand up to him, I promise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Hey Tae you wimp why didn’t you defend your girl Serena while yeeb trashed her on the other thread? He will still be your nightly cyber-buddy if you stand up to him, I promise.

Good cobus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:42 pm 

Isn’t that why you married into one of those families, so someone would find you funny?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 pm 

Ah, bringing family into it now. Keep going champ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:50 pm 

Your list of classy moments is too long to recount but I’m pretty sure you brought up Coog’s daughter repeatedly. It’s hard to believe a 40+ man who lives for video games would stoop so low, I know.

bones - please refrain from bringing family into the discussion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 am 

yup, I got the 'couldnt' find servers' last night, so back to Bf1

got my cocaine hit of mortar tank on Volga & another MVP or top five without really trying, 60-2, then went for more suicide stabbing runs to get my melee kills with the gasmark affliction. only 1 more, then I can start playing again !
the Reaper affliction is also a c-bomb, losing 1 health per second is hard as you often are down to 80 before you even get near to the action !

the medal I need this week is the pistols one - 10 pistol kills (ok), 5 revolver kills (ok) then 5 revolver kills in a life (I doubt I will ever be able to get this) - anyone done it ?

any of those 'do X in one life' tasks I am utterly horrible at :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:51 am 

Anyone else feeling the hype for the delayed Battlefield 5 with black tranny waffen SS troops?

Dear god the first promo video was just ridiculous, female paratrooper with prosthetic and British soldier with samurai sword get chased by some tanks. This is going to bomb so badly ( ironically dice and EA are in the same predicament as Activision/ Infinity wars were with Infinite borefare last year)

I suppose the Beta is fun tho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:59 am 

didn't see the samurai sword, but yes the 1st montage was utter drivel.

mostly peeps will just leap straight into the multiplayer games I think, front end seems nice, gun and perk development path seems interesting and attainable, you can customise your characters appearance (give them huge red lips or a Hitler moustache hopefully), and if you can change sex I suspect most will bin the womans voice as like 99.9% of women on this planet, the voice is really annoying and unhelpful.

just buy the game, its Nazi's ffs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 am 

oh and Nols, last game on bfV I played, I sussed out the 'moving field guns' thing - need to reverse, if in correct place you can press down to hitch the gun, then you can drive it to another location. Makes the Half track very handy, if you can get a field gun on a ridge then the enemy tanks and buildings can get juiced PDQ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:02 am 

backrow wrote:

mostly peeps will just leap straight into the multiplayer games I think, front end seems nice, gun and perk development path seems interesting and attainable, you can customise your characters appearance (give them huge red lips or a Hitler moustache hopefully), and if you can change sex I suspect most will bin the womans voice as like 99.9% of women on this planet, the voice is really annoying and unhelpful.

You're almost like one of the Youtuber shills..almost. And then you come out with the stuff about Hitler Mustaches and huge red lips. The shill EA needs but not the one it deserves ha.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 am 

backrow wrote:

If I get to drive a panzer I am in :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 am 

normilet wrote:
backrow wrote:

You're almost like one of the Youtuber shills..almost. And then you come out with the stuff about Hitler Mustaches and huge red lips. The shill EA needs but not the one it deserves ha.

you don't think teabagging somebody when you look like Hitler or Ronald Mcdonald would be funny, and drive them into revengeful rage when they see it in the kill cam ? :lol:

they will deffo allow Mohawks as its in one of the cutscenes, so my Allied Assualt stock character will end up looking like BA Baracus, sucka !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 am 

maxbox wrote:
backrow wrote:

If I get to drive a panzer I am in :lol:

you do. Tank play seems more realistic now, except you can't squash cars or fences as much as I'd like. Your ammo is limited so its lots more strategic, and you can suppress more. Repairs are also way more limited than BF1
I got a cheeky 25-0 in a Tiger without any of the perks unlocked, so it seems as if my ground vehicle skillz have transferred over from bf3,4 and 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am 

I saw somewhere (Twitter?) that the customisation is going to be pulled back a bit from the ridiculous level that was in the reveal trailer. They've made an absolute shitshow of revealing and promoting the game, and compounded matters with poor communication relating to delayed features etc.
There's still an excellent game in there, just on the basis of the beta. Hopefully the game isn't too bugged at launch and they sell enough so that long term support isn't threatened.

backrow wrote:
I got a cheeky 25-0 in a Tiger without any of the perks unlocked, so it seems as if my ground vehicle skillz have transferred over from bf3,4 and 1

Ahem. With a squad mate in the support gunner seat and another squadmate running alongside as scout, providing callouts and supporting long range fire.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:32 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I saw somewhere (Twitter?) that the customisation is going to be pulled back a bit from the ridiculous level that was in the reveal trailer. They've made an absolute shitshow of revealing and promoting the game, and compounded matters with poor communication relating to delayed features etc.
There's still an excellent game in there, just on the basis of the beta. Hopefully the game isn't too bugged at launch and they sell enough so that long term support isn't threatened.

backrow wrote:

Ahem. With a squad mate in the support gunner seat and another squadmate running alongside as scout, providing callouts and supporting long range fire.

the gunner seat did square root of bugger all, didn't shoot shit, or given meaningful audible, concise, truthful & relevant advice, just sat there like a plum the whole game.
Scout was fairly boss at callouts tho :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 am 

Shame that the scout couldn't hit the backside of a barn door.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:35 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Shame that the scout couldn't hit the backside of a barn door.

I too couldn't get to grips with the Lee Enfield in that game, SO much wanted the Martini Henry or Ross or Tankgewehr in BFV
I kept hitting people for 55 damage at fairly close range - WTF? its a rifle, would cut a man in half at that range !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am 

The STG once it's fully upgraded and you put the marksman scope on it is absolutely game breaking. The thing basically doesn't kick at all, laser accurate from range, especially with the reduced TTK. Stodeh did a good video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTL_X9r2WkM&t=749s

I found sniping to be extremely satisfying btw, although was having a bit of trouble initially leading my shots on a moving target, I think the bullet velocity is way higher than what we are used to. The body shots only doing 55 damage forced me to go for the head which is always good practice.

Kinda dreading going back to BF1 now. I know I still want to hit the 150 level cap, but a bit of fatigue is setting in at this stage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am 

i found the STG didn't even need a scope, as I prefer the situational awareness.
scope on the K7 LMG or whatever its called though, on a bipod - yeah baby !

it deffo takes less bullets to kill people in this game than in BF1, getting a 80m one bullet headshot with a sten gun is pretty satisfying !

Norm, I've had fatigue on bf1 ever since I started running out of fun things to unlock - al the afflictions and Elite Codex with a weapon you dislike = FUDGEOFF !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:01 am 

DICE have been consistent in the message that the gunplay in BFV will have more focus on skill and rewarding players who learn to use the weapons better. Incentivising headshots is part of that. I found myself going for headshots with the Lee Enfield much more than I do in BF1.

Stodeh's a freak when it comes to aimed accuracy. Some of his videos with the snipers in BUPG are ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:20 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Your list of classy moments is too long to recount but I’m pretty sure you brought up Coog’s daughter repeatedly. It’s hard to believe a 40+ man who lives for video games would stoop so low, I know.

bones - please refrain from bringing family into the discussion

Do some actual modding chump

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm 

just realised something:
the Stg came out in 1944, and the Tiger tank in 1942 - yet central Rotterdam was flattened in May 1940 - so that whole Beta map & weapons combo falls into the Tae bracket whinge of 'it didn't exist then' like the Hellreigel

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... i_1940.jpg

also Narvik in 1940, I think the RAF planes there were Gladiators, Hurricanes, and swordfish, not Spitfires and Blenheims

#pedant #robotwomen #tea*sneer*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:00 pm 

Sure the Tommy gun is in BF1, even though the first versions of it didn't exist until 1919.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:22 pm 

I played the beta for a few hours the other day and was thoroughly unimpressed.

Aside from the PC bullshit and all that jazz, I think the gameplay is not 'Battlefield-like' at all. Everything moves at a million miles and hour. The ambient background sounds in the Rotterdam map are garbage; where are the War Tapes of the previous BF games? It's nearly impossible to spot enemies also. Really didn't like the ammo/health depot system as it restricts player movements to the proximity of depots. The whole thing felt like a re-skinned BF1 which is hugely disappointing.

I'll be staying away from this for a good few months post-launch until things might improve. It's a real shame too as the BF series is one of my favourite.

I really don't want them to make BFBC3 now either as I'm sure they'll screw it up somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:30 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
The whole thing felt like a re-skinned BF1 which is hugely disappointing.

Really?

The gunplay is different. Spotting is completely re-worked. Time to kill is very different. How is it just a re-skin of BF1? There are some very significant changes to core gameplay features compared to previous titles.

Player visibility needs work, particularly now that 3D spotting isn't as prevalent as previously, and the sound design is clearly still unfinished. Those are hopefully things that will get some attention.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:31 pm 

interesting comments Feck - I didn't feel the pace was any different really, and the lack of ammo just means people who blaze away like an American policeman at a Rap concert (ie me) have to pace their firing a bit. as nols said its the guns that have changed the most, not the moving about bit.

the spotting mechanic has been documented, but its hard for everyone at least - I had several kills where some bugger just ran past me as I kept still, I then crept behind them and knifed them in da fais.

I like the fact its a reskinned bf1 as to me that is 99% a good thing, awesome graphics, stuff that blows up, weather etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:43 pm 

Chaps, some tips for the afflictions perks:
For reaper, you have to get ten kills in a life - if you can get into a mortar tank on Volga having spawned as an Assault or whatever first, then it’s very do-able ! (Basically you lose 1 health per second and can’t be healed by medipacks, but if you get a kill you get ten seconds of no drain.

Scavenger has one for 5 kills in a life, I got this (also by accident) by lobbing a grenade and blowing up a train.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am 

going for a medal so had to play on Somme, paschendale and capporetto maps - I totally don't know these !
resorted to (you guessed it) going as a tank gunner to get my ten kills in about 2 mins.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 am 

Lads, got the ‘kill a behemoth with kolibri ‘ last night !
Defending galacia, train at half energy - I spawn in my base camp and take the long route to get to their blindside - run up close, pop some mines and tnt down, pop pop pop with the kolibri, and get the kill !

:smug: :smug: :smug:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:52 am 

Did you figure out how to record it?

I played a few rounds last night for the first time in weeks. Tried a few new weapons. I don't think I'll be unlocking any remaining assignments without some serious commitment to vehicle play, so I'll just go for a few more service stars. Managed my second service star with the incendiary grenade. :blush:
I have almost 1500 kills with the various grenades. :uhoh:

I'm almost rank 119. That's what I got to in BF4, with an extra 80 hours of playtime. Once I make it to 120 on BF1 I'll be happy.

I noticed that when I was playing medic or support, I kept trying to resupply allies every time I spawned, whether they needed it or not. Was obviously still in the habits that go with the attrition system from the BFV beta.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:50 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Did you figure out how to record it?

I played a few rounds last night for the first time in weeks. Tried a few new weapons. I don't think I'll be unlocking any remaining assignments without some serious commitment to vehicle play, so I'll just go for a few more service stars. Managed my second service star with the incendiary grenade. :blush:
I have almost 1500 kills with the various grenades. :uhoh:

I'm almost rank 119. That's what I got to in BF4, with an extra 80 hours of playtime. Once I make it to 120 on BF1 I'll be happy.

I noticed that when I was playing medic or support, I kept trying to resupply allies every time I spawned, whether they needed it or not. Was obviously still in the habits that go with the attrition system from the BFV beta.

nah, forgot on purpose to record it - visually it wasn't that exciting like blowing up 7 with a limpet, would have been literally me running along the edge of the map for 30 seconds, going up to the side of the train, putting some TNT down, taking a few steps back, pop pop pop with the tiny gun, and BOOM

realised I described it wrong, when I blew up the train with my kolibri it was just one TNT as the train energy was low - but the next round, I did the exact same thing but dumped all 3 mines with all 3 TNT, and then exploded the lot in one go - BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM !
train was about 1/4 energy that time but I fragged it in one go.

I've insanely gone for pretty much every unlock going, need a few more affliction revives, affliction kills with a rifle, and that's about it (the kolibri kill means I don't have to get 500 spot assits with Peacock affliction enabled)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm 

You should record stuff like that and then post on Reddit for free internet points. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 pm 

i would do only it looked a bit boring and I don't know what reddit or internet points are :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next