Chat Forum
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:12 pm 

Thomas wrote:
Ahhh that was one of the better episodes from either season. I was utterly enthralled the whole time. Maybe because it didn't feature Dolores.

MiB is an utter, utter bad ass.

Yeah, was going to post similar. At last, a cracking episode. Answered a lot of questions, and goes back to discussions on the page back about how surely Hopkins is going to return after 3D printing himself, and now has the means to install his mind

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:17 pm 

Location: The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead..Peasants..
I was lost on the first series, just watching now to see if Thandie gets her tits out again. .

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Ahhh that was one of the better episodes from either season. I was utterly enthralled the whole time. Maybe because it didn't feature Dolores.

Yeah, was going to post similar. At last, a cracking episode. Answered a lot of questions, and goes back to discussions on the page back about how surely Hopkins is going to return after 3D printing himself, and now has the means to install his mind

Given William's actions towards the Delos host and the general theme of rebellion, I figure Bernard may have something to do with preventing that happening.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Given William's actions towards the Delos host and the general theme of rebellion, I figure Bernard may have something to do with preventing that happening.

No shit

However the divegent timelines are awesome and frustrating

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 pm 

c69 wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:

No shit

Yeah, the timelines are frustrating at times.

I'm still not sure however why William is still taking partaking in the resurrection of Delos the elder. He seems to have gained full control of the company. What does he possibly have to gain in fulfilling that particular mission. He'd surely be better set in trying to sabotage it at every turn.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 pm 

c69 wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:

No shit

Yeah, the parts with Bernard & Elsie before she went through the door where he's questioning his reality (which mirrors Dolores last year retracing her own steps years later)? I was struggling to try and figure out when he would have gone back without her afterwards or if it was just him not being able to tell what 'now' is.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:31 pm 

When Elsie was all "we need to see what's behind this door" I was all "Uh no you don't. The Terminator is back there..."

Also, who is the First of the Ghost Nation? He popped up earlier in the season in a suit. Is he a host?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 pm 

errr um just watched the next programme

:?: :uhoh:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm 

Thomas wrote:
When Elsie was all "we need to see what's behind this door" I was all "Uh no you don't. The Terminator is back there..."

Also, who is the First of the Ghost Nation? He popped up earlier in the season in a suit. Is he a host?

I presume so, everyone at that party was a host weren't they? I can't remember if he was there when they all froze though.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:03 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Thomas wrote:

I presume so, everyone at that party was a host weren't they? I can't remember if he was there when they all froze though.

He was...Zahn McClarnon who played Hanzee Dent in Season 2 of Fargo...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 am 

AMA on Reddit with the director of that episode, Lisa Joy. She seems like a fun lady.

https://old.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/8jdp18/its_westworld_cocreatorexecutive_producerdirector/

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:23 am 

Two threads of Ed Harris being given every chance to impose himself and we have a much better episode. As mentioned already no Dolores as a low-rent terminator helped matters along, which is a pity really since she worked pretty well in the first series.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 am 

Red Revolution wrote:
Two threads of Ed Harris being given every chance to impose himself and we have a much better episode. As mentioned already no Dolores as a low-rent terminator helped matters along, which is a pity really since she worked pretty well in the first series.

I just can't stand her voice.

Wistful musings about her future and what she wants.

Ugh.

Just kill some plum.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 am 

Thomas wrote:
Red Revolution wrote:

I just can't stand her voice.

Wistful musings about her future and what she wants.

Ugh.

Just kill some plum.

Actually, just killing people randomly is half the problem as well. As I noted on the page back, she doesn't seem like much of a robot revolutionary when she's killing as many robots as the humans are. her entire storyline has become a bit scattershot.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 am 

Last episode was superb TV. Easily the best of this season so far, and probably only bettered in the entire run by the one where Bernard was revealed as a host.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 am 

Great episode.
William is a fantastic character. Loved his journey from optimistic young supporter of the project to wise old cynic following his wife’s suicide. Also plum old rich Scottish prick Jim Delos was great.
It seems Ford succeeded where the Delos corporation failed with implanting a human mind into a host and that he sent Bernard back to that secret lab to upload his (Ford’s) mind before he committed suicide by host. Can’t wait to see where it goes.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 pm 

Thomas wrote:

Thanks bro. :thumbup:

And agreed. Great episode.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 pm 

Cracking episode that, really good and piqued my interest.

Ed Harris just captivates every scene is his in, quality.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 am 

Terrific entertainment !

My god daughter Eva and I are glued to it , then I watch again with the other half when she gets home.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 am 

eugenius wrote:
Terrific entertainment !

My god daughter Eva and I are glued to it , then I watch again with the other half when she gets home.

Glad they are both there to explain it to you, bro. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Thomas wrote:

No shit

Yeah, the timelines are frustrating at times.

I'm still not sure however why William is still taking partaking in the resurrection of Delos the elder. He seems to have gained full control of the company. What does he possibly have to gain in fulfilling that particular mission. He'd surely be better set in trying to sabotage it at every turn.

Well I assumed he was using him as a test case. That's what im assuming the end goal of the Delos board/mgmt. Hence the smuggling of guests data and dna - selling resurection.

They still haven't cracked it, but I'd wager Ford has.

Everyone that died as a part of his little game will be resurrected and offered a chance to invest in this new venture.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:26 am 

Man In Black wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Terrific entertainment !

Glad they are both there to explain it to you, bro. :thumbup:

Nah I cheat , then explain it to them .

Big man - :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm 

Will Hopkins be back? Perhaps what William is searching for is a cloned version of himself, or perhaps his wife. That's what I'm thinking anyway, huge amount of flashbacks and mentions of Williams wife in that episode, and also William completely jaded with the Delos progress, perhaps knowing that Ford may have perfected it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 pm 

Just so I am clear, was it was only William's wife who committed suicide? For some reason I thought his daughter had as well so I was alittle surprised when Russian Roulette Girl turned out to be his daughter.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 pm 

Nope, still don't know WTF is going on here. But there are worse ways to kill an hour (despite a chronic lack of tits this season).

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:05 pm 

I agree. First seasons was full of lovely ladies who always seemed to be getting them out.
This season, there has been none and a couple of the story lines were ripe for a little bit of nudity.

So the question is, have they now been programmed to keep their clothes on?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
Just so I am clear, was it was only William's wife who committed suicide? For some reason I thought his daughter had as well so I was alittle surprised when Russian Roulette Girl turned out to be his daughter.

Yep, only his wife. I'm 99% certain that one of his big reveals to Dolores (maybe Ford, actually) last season was that his missus had offed herself and his daughter hated him.

Incidentally I'm really pleased that Jimmi Simpson (Young William) is getting to show his acting chops. Only ever seen him in It's Always Sunny before this, which to be fair he was superb in.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:27 pm 

VBall wrote:
I agree. First seasons was full of lovely ladies who always seemed to be getting them out.
This season, there has been none and a couple of the story lines were ripe for a little bit of nudity.

So the question is, have they now been programmed to keep their clothes on?

Probably some message there about dignity and liberation.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 am 

So Maeve has super powers now. :roll:
That feels like such a contrived addition I think they’ll do well to write it well.

Ok episode. Obviously having samurai is cool but when you’ve got someone as overpowered as Maeve you know there’s no genuine peril.

Poor Teddy, being dumped sucks. Especially when she has the tools to completely wipe your brain.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:37 am 

The psychic stuff is pretty fudged up. She's basically invincible now, I could see that execution scene coming a mile off.

I thought the whole sloppy writing thing was pretty funny, your man just lifted the story from Westworld to Samurai world. And oh look a bunch of men in 17th century armour wiped out all the soldiers with modern weapons, colour me surprised.

Dolores does my head in, we want more William!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:41 am 

The psychic stuff isn't that odd really. We know they're all connected, we know she's done something to her code to be able to control them so really it's just one computer talking to another wirelessly.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:17 pm 

CM11 wrote:
The psychic stuff isn't that odd really. We know they're all connected, we know she's done something to her code to be able to control them so really it's just one computer talking to another wirelessly.

Maeve’s whole thing is just repeated deus ex machina. Do we need an invincible host?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 pm 

CM11 wrote:

How do we know she has a wifi receptor?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
The psychic stuff is pretty fudged up. She's basically invincible now, I could see that execution scene coming a mile off.

I thought the whole sloppy writing thing was pretty funny, your man just lifted the story from Westworld to Samurai world. And oh look a bunch of men in 17th century armour wiped out all the soldiers with modern weapons, colour me surprised.

Dolores does my head in, we want more William!

Yeah, some of that stuff is starting to grate. All these trained soldiers are no match for some sword or 19th century gun-weilding robots.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:24 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Next episode: our heroes are ambushed, they have been pushed back to a cliff face with an armed horde forcing them precariously closer to the edge. Are they about to die? Luckily, at the last minute, Maeve realises she can fly, and via psychokinesis can lift Hector and Armistice from certain doom as the army idly stand there watching them fly off.

She then discovers she has laser powers in her eyes, and blasts the army apart as if she is Drogon tearing through the Lannister army.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
CM11 wrote:

One of the episodes Bernard mentioned it to the lady executive, whose name I can't remember, that all the hosts were connected. Think it was when they were tracking Abernathy?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
CM11 wrote:

One of the episodes Bernard mentioned it to the lady executive, whose name I can't remember, that all the hosts were connected. Think it was when they were tracking Abernathy?

Probably. I just think it's a little bit daft, as MiB says she's a walking deus ex machina and like Dolores is now invincible. I can see her in the future having some showdown with Dolores/Wyatt and freeing Teddy or something (who seems to be the only good character in the series at all).

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Probably. I just think it's a little bit daft, as MiB says she's a walking deus ex machina and like Dolores is now invincible. I can see her in the future having some showdown with Dolores/Wyatt and freeing Teddy or something (who seems to be the only good character in the series at all).

I still think it's all still scripted/controlled by Ford.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:06 pm 

Reminder about the mesh network:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thrilli ... -explained

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am 

What did Dolores do to Teddy?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next