Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Brazil wrote:
That's because the robotic models are earlier generation, as shown in the exchange with the Ford family group earlier in the season, whereas the newer ones are 3D Printed. When Logan cuts open Delores and William goes postal on the Reb encampment, it's an earlier timeline, hence the robotics.

Hang on: William and Logan are humans. How can that be an earlier timeline without them recalling it in the current one? In fact, although Logan is a repeat visitor, William is a virgin.

Thx: on other point.

Thought we'd pretty much established that William and Logan are in an older timeline so not sure what you mean. Also, with regard to your telemetry point, that's is the 'present' while the massacre is in the 'past'.

Really? Not been on this thread but if they are on an older timeline, then the bodies after William's "massacre" would not be the synthetics?

Dunno. Dolores was one of the first, they could have developed synthetics soon after.

But I take your point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:42 am 

CM11 wrote:
Dunno. Dolores was one of the first, they could have developed synthetics soon after.

But I take your point.

I think these threads are more challenging that the plots themselves!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:45 am 

CM11 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Brazil wrote:
That's because the robotic models are earlier generation, as shown in the exchange with the Ford family group earlier in the season, whereas the newer ones are 3D Printed. When Logan cuts open Delores and William goes postal on the Reb encampment, it's an earlier timeline, hence the robotics.

Hang on: William and Logan are humans. How can that be an earlier timeline without them recalling it in the current one? In fact, although Logan is a repeat visitor, William is a virgin.

Thx: on other point.

Thought we'd pretty much established that William and Logan are in an older timeline so not sure what you mean. Also, with regard to your telemetry point, that's is the 'present' while the massacre is in the 'past'.

Really? Not been on this thread but if they are on an older timeline, then the bodies after William's "massacre" would not be the synthetics?

But I take your point.

William-Dolores-Logan Storyline - 30 years ago - robotic hosts

MIB - Dolores - Teddy - Wyatt Storyline - 30 Years after - Synthetic hosts (are the old hosts' minds updated into synthetic bodies hasn't been answered yet)

Ford -Arnold/Bernard Storyline - all over the shop like a mad woman's shit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 pm 

Brazil wrote:

Well put, that man :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:28 pm 

Is robotic Dolores or synthetic Dolores a better shag?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:32 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Is robotic Dolores or synthetic Dolores a better shag?

The Digital vs Analogue argument of the Westworld universe...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:22 pm 

Brazil wrote:

MIB - Dolores - Teddy - Wyatt Storyline - 30 Years after - Synthetic hosts (are the old hosts' minds updated into synthetic bodies hasn't been answered yet)

I get that but Torque's point was that the army slaughtered by William looked like synthetics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:23 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Brazil wrote:

I get that but Torque's point was that the army slaughtered by William looked like synthetics.

Eh? They had moving metal bits sticking out all over the place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:46 pm 

Brazil wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Brazil wrote:

I didn't imagine that then :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:49 pm 

Brazil wrote:
Synthetic hosts (are the old hosts' minds updated into synthetic bodies hasn't been answered yet)

Which would at least be an explanation, albeit weird: on the basis that wipes are meant to happen so rid the unpleasant memories and anything that needed keeping would be archived on a USB stick.... and not stored on hosts whose RAM might get obliterated in a hail of lead.

The whole latency premise revolves around the notion of upgrades. Ghosts in the machine. Why not clean upload/program which is what has to happen for new hosts off the production line anyway?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:49 pm 

Brazil wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Brazil wrote:

Did they?

Fark. Astigmatism is a bitch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:54 pm 

I have no feckin clue what's going on but still kind of enjoying it. Reminds me of Lost so hope they don't lose it completely like they did that

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 pm 

Brazil wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Brazil wrote:

I actually hadn't paid attention and just took Torque's word for it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 pm 

CM11 wrote:

42k posts and you did that? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

42k posts and you did that? :shock:

Guilty as charged.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:57 pm 

MIB = Logan theory - interesting, sorry if RR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewKe97gal_w

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 am 

RB81 wrote:
MIB = Logan theory - interesting, sorry if RR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewKe97gal_w

Not watched it but following on from Braz's post earlier, I think he will transpire to be correct (despite my reservations on how well that hangs together).

The obvious thing (at 2am in the morning in bed) is the MIB
- we know he is in the "current" (or at least a late) timeline because he has met (an old) Ford.
- Ford knows him well and yet never uses his name. It's a cheap ploy, "the man with no name", but is necessary because without it, his name would be revealed and give the game away immediately.
- tbh, without giving it much thought, I'd assumed the MIB was going to be the uber-droid as a reincarnation of Brynner's character in the film.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 am 

I was wondering how they were going to afford Hopkins for the next season - guess that answers that question. They pulled a Sean Bean.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:10 am 

Well that was awesome. Dirty old Willy eh?

Nice little teaser of an eastworld in there as well???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:

SW = Samurai World wasn't it?

Anyway, good ending I thought. Lots and lots of fan theories were confirmed, but the one no one saw coming was that Ford was ultimately setting himself up to be the hero of the piece.

The one odd thing I did find was how nonchalant Ford was that Bernard was back to life, as if he knew he was going to make it. Did he really write the story down to the level that Maeve would find Bernard and resurrect him?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:35 pm 

Well that was awesome 👍🏻 All came together brilliantly I thought. My one bugbear is that they seemed to employ the same security Guards as a Bond villains lair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:31 pm 

Awesome indeed and you could end it all right there and feel it was a nicely rounded story. No blatant cliff hanger, just the natural feeling that you want to see what happens next.

I think the narrative "Escape" bit suggests Ford has planned Maeve's escape pretty thoroughly and there didn't seem any reason they went to cold storage other than to see Clementine and discover Bernard, so it looks like Ford planned for that too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:51 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:

Possibly, didn't see an SW just saw the Samurai. We haven't really seen much of the outside world however it seems to be a bit Japanesey to me. Speaking Japanese over the PA's, the shinkansen style trains into WW terminal now the Samurai world etc...

Could be talking bollocks just an impression I get.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm 

Very good. Enjoyed that whole series.

Seems almost obvious the next season is going to be based around control of the park. Mauve / Delores trying to free the hosts, and William trying to keep a handle on it.

Well done though. Pretty good vision and storywriting for 10 episodes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm 

Ok, so that was a good finale.

Liked that Maeve was part of Ford's plan all along - and probably her going to find Bernard was part of this as he didn't seem surprised to see him. I guess her choosing to go back and find her 'daughter' was her achieving true consciousness rather than following the storyline.

I didn't really like the way the William/Dolores past storyline panned out - they could have made the conclusion of that a lot more dramatic rather than just being told in voice over effectively.

Elsie is totally still alive and it was her who lured Stubbs & reprogrammed the Ghost Nation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:16 pm 

RuggaBugga wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:

Possibly, didn't see an SW just saw the Samurai. We haven't really seen much of the outside world however it seems to be a bit Japanesey to me. Speaking Japanese over the PA's, the shinkansen style trains into WW terminal now the Samurai world etc...

Could be talking bollocks just an impression I get.

Didn't see an "SW"?
:shock:
Advertisers hate this one weird trick...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 pm 

I believe there are a number of parks as well and lots of zones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 pm 

c69 wrote:

The scale of the operation is still something that seems fantastical. Assuming that there are numerous parks, then you'd need a small continent to fit them all on if they are the same apparent size as Westworld.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:

The scale of the operation is still something that seems fantastical. Assuming that there are numerous parks, then you'd need a small continent to fit them all on if they are the same apparent size as Westworld.

Are we sure this is on Earth?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 pm 

c69 wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:

Are we sure this is on Earth?

No we are not, and that appears to be where we are going I think (by the by, I've just run the numbers, and if each park was 500 miles across (I heard that somewhere), you'd be able to fit about 12 on Australia. Showing just how massive they are and the kind of space they'd require.

There's also the point I made earlier in the thread that the land seems totally devoid of any critters. That would be impossible on earth to maintain (unless at some point in the past lots of life was killed off. Would also explain why there's now a lot of large real estate available for murder parks).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:54 pm 

c69 wrote:

Yeah, but what does that mean? That could just be a location within any given park, a postcode if you will (rather than distinct different parks, or different bits in the same park doing different things).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:

Yeah, but what does that mean? That could just be a location within any given park, a postcode if you will (rather than distinct different parks, or different bits in the same park doing different things).

Nah I prefer my alien shit loads of parks concept. Do we know that Delores didn't shoot a "host" Ford?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:18 am 

500 miles across is enormous. The entire South Island is barely 500 miles long...i don't think that is correct. Probably just a writers error and they mean 500 square miles.

If you look at the geography it's quite unique and really only seen in the US/Mexico and I can't imagine any country ceding such a huge land area to a private company. So it's either an error or they are not on earth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:24 am 

True Blue wrote:
500 miles across is enormous. The entire South Island is barely 500 miles long...i don't think that is correct. Probably just a writers error and they mean 500 square miles.

If you look at the geography it's quite unique and really only seen in the US/Mexico and I can't imagine any country ceding such a huge land area to a private company. So it's either an error or they are not on earth.

I tended to think it was meant to be 500 square miles, but then Dolores & William were on that train for like 3 days, so maybe not....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
True Blue wrote:

I tended to think it was meant to be 500 square miles, but then Dolores & William were on that train for like 3 days, so maybe not....

Indeed. 500 square miles is just 22 miles across. No chance it's that small. A decent runner would be able to cross it in a couple of hours. Journeys apparently take days in Westworld though.

When they're in the control room, the size of the map suggests it's 500 mile across.

However, I don't buy that there are umpteen parks either. How many 'worlds' could you realistically create that people would be willing to spend cash on:

Jurassic World (once they had got the rights)
Ice Age World (once they had got the rights) / Neanderthal World
Roman World
Egypt World
Medieval World
Samurai World
China Dynasty World
Aristocracy World
Second World War World
Cold War (Spy Thriller) World
Zombie World
Alien World

There's probably a handful more, but you'd struggle to get beyond 20 I reckon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:03 am 

1930's Gangster World.
Porno World.
Test Rugby without vast conspiracy not to penalise All Blacks World.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:44 am 

I watched the original fillum again recently and there were 3 worlds: Western; Roman and; Medieval.
When Richard Benjamin legs it, there are dead guests everywhere in the other "Worlds" but no sign of other murderous robots doing Yul's work...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:05 am 

True Blue wrote:
I was wondering how they were going to afford Hopkins for the next season - guess that answers that question. They pulled a Sean Bean.

Not necessarily. Ford was 3D printing someone in his secret lab, and they never told us who. Could easily have been a host version of himself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 am 

Doc Rob wrote:
True Blue wrote:

Not necessarily. Ford was 3D printing someone in his secret lab, and they never told us who. Could easily have been a host version of himself.

Err I've posted the answer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next