Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:43 pm 

Kicks off this Friday with France vs Wales:

Previews:

France: The team to beat, confidence is absolutely sky high after beating the All Blacks last year after grabbing the 6 Nations crown. However they are still vulnerable to losing to a motivated England team. However France are a Gatland's wet dream for women's rugby players. They have the biggest backs, the biggest and toughest pack but are not always street wise with what to do if they can't bully opponents into submission. Their backs are fast and well skilled but I can't say they are always the most coherent in attack.

England: Uncovering ever more depths of talent, the question is starting to be can and will England glue it together? Can and will England select the best team? Currently they are on a high with contracts being awarded but that is unlikely to have had any genuine effect on how much training players can have yet.

Wales: Ever improving and increasing their depth. Wales problem is they look a scratch team to often with players easily isolated, support slow to arrive and few clues how to get out of their own 22 for long periods. In isolation they have a superb backrow, fast and mobile and strong. Some of the most rapid winners in all of Rugby and some backs who can handle and pass the ball. But as I said the issue is they seem to look like a scratch team each tournament (for all the repetitive talk of progress ever year) and you have to wonder if another coaching team could get more out of them. In the long term the Welsh domestic game has exploded.

Scotland: IMO the real massive improvers of 2018. Gave everyone a headache with a physical pack and a rapid backline. I can see them producing a random surprise result but sadly with Kronkel injured at the moment they may not have the firepower to do more than frighten for 20 minutes or so.

Ireland: Ireland could have been going backwards after the last RWC but are fortunate their domestic scene was well developed previously and several of their top players ply their trade in the English Premiership. Should have the edge over Scotland, Wales and Italy but the big 2 seemed to have pushed on a bit from Ireland. However they are capable of a big results should they work out how to get some tries early on against England or France.

Italy: Hard to see where Italy are. They were above Wales and Scotland at one point but now seem to be not to different to those two and this group of 3 will all be sure they can pick up points against the other 2 this 6 Nations.

To see the first round 1 on TV (Correct times and details provided by Lobby)

Ireland v England women is on Sky at 5:00 pm on Friday 1 Feb,

Scotland V Italy is on Saturday at 7:35 pm on BBC Alba and

France v Wales is on Saturday at 8:00 pm on S4C in the UK and French TV in France.

There is also a 30 minutes highlight show on BBC2 on Sunday 3 Feb.

Last edited by eldanielfire on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:12 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:

Previews:

France: The team to beat, confidence is absolutely sky high after beating the All Blacks last year after grabbing the 6 Nations crown. However they are still vulnerable to losing to a motivated England team. However France are a Gatland's wet dream for women's rugby players. They have the biggest backs, the biggest and toughest pack but are not always street wise with what to do if they can't bully opponents into submission. Their backs are fast and well skilled but I can't say they are always the most coherent in attack.

England: Uncovering ever more depths of talent, the question is starting to be can and will England glue it together? Can and will England select the best team? Currently they are on a high with contracts being awarded but that is unlikely to have had any genuine effect on how much training players can have yet.

Wales: Ever improving and increasing their depth. Wales problem is they look a scratch team to often with players easily isolated, support slow to arrive and few clues how to get out of their own 22 for long periods. In isolation they have a superb backrow, fast and mobile and strong. Some of the most rapid winners in all of Rugby and some backs who can handle and pass the ball. But as I said the issue is they seem to look like a scratch team each tournament (for all the repetitive talk of progress ever year) and you have to wonder if another coaching team could get more out of them. In the long term the Welsh domestic game has exploded.

Scotland: IMO the real massive improvers of 2018. Gave everyone a headache with a physical pack and a rapid backline. I can see them producing a random surprise result but sadly with Kronkel injured at the moment they may not have the firepower to do more than frighten for 20 minutes or so.

Ireland: Ireland could have been going backwards after the last RWC but are fortunate their domestic scene was well developed previously and several of their top players ply their trade in the English Premiership. Should have the edge over Scotland, Wales and Italy but the big 2 seemed to have pushed on a bit from Ireland. However they are capable of a big results should they work out how to get some tries early on against England or France.

Italy: Hard to see where Italy are. They were above Wales and Scotland at one point but now seem to be not to different to those two and this group of 3 will all be sure they can pick up points against the other 2 this 6 Nations.

To se on TV:

Fri 01 Feb
FRANCE V WALES

KO 20:00 GMT Stade de France TV: BBC S4C

Sat 02 Feb

SCOTLAND v ITALY

KO 14:15 BT Murrayfield TV: BBC

Sat 02 Feb
Ireland
IRELAND V ENGLAND KO 16:45 GMT Aviva Stadium TV: ITV

Your timings and TV listings are for the Men's 6 Nations. Ireland v England women is on Sky at 5:00 pm on Friday 1 Feb, Scotland V Italy is on Saturday at 7:35 pm on BBC Alba and France v Wales is on Saturday at 8:00 pm on S4C in the UK and French TV in France.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm 

Lobby wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Previews:

To se on TV:

Fri 01 Feb
FRANCE V WALES

KO 20:00 GMT Stade de France TV: BBC S4C

Sat 02 Feb

SCOTLAND v ITALY

KO 14:15 BT Murrayfield TV: BBC

Sat 02 Feb
Ireland
IRELAND V ENGLAND KO 16:45 GMT Aviva Stadium TV: ITV

Your timings and TV listings are for the Men's 6 Nations. Ireland v England women is on Sky at 5:00 pm on Friday 1 Feb, Scotland V Italy is on Saturday at 7:35 pm on BBC Alba and France v Wales is on Saturday at 8:00 pm on S4C in the UK and French TV in France.

Cheers. Sadly those times came from the official women's 6 Nations page. Shows how much care is given to their side of things sadly. I'll correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 am 

Italy thumped Scotland 38-0 in November and then followed that up with a 35-10 win against South Africa. They have showed consistent improvement under their coach Andrea Di Giandomenico, but they are still some way behind England, France and Ireland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am 

sturginho wrote:
Italy thumped Scotland 38-0 in November and then followed that up with a 35-10 win against South Africa. They have showed consistent improvement under their coach Andrea Di Giandomenico, but they are still some way behind England, France and Ireland

Agreed. I find it hard to track them in their domestic league, but they have a fair few players in England as well. I'm not so sure Ireland are that far ahead of everyone that isn't England and France..

In other news France will have some players away fro the Seven's because they are aiming for Olympic qualifying. They may not be back for England so that swings things in England's favour in terms of the odds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:05 pm 

I played a game of tag against our 9.

Quote:
IRELAND WOMEN’S Team & Replacements (v England Women, 2019 Women’s Six Nations Championship, Energia Park, Donnybrook, Friday, February 1, kick-off 5pm):

15. Lauren Delany (Firwood Waterloo Ladies/IQ Rugby)
14. Eimear Considine (UL Bohemians/Munster)
13. Sene Naoupu (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
12. Michelle Claffey (Blackrock/Leinster)
11. Megan Williams (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
10. Nicole Fowley (Galwegians/Connacht)
9. Ailsa Hughes (Railway Union/Leinster)
1. Laura Feely (Galwegians/Connacht)
2. Leah Lyons (Harlequins)
3. Fiona Reidy (UL Bohemians/Munster)
4. Aoife McDermott (Railway Union/Leinster)
5. Nichola Fryday (Galwegians/Connacht)
6. Juliet Short (Railway Union/Leinster)
7. Claire Molloy (Wasps)
8. Ciara Griffin (UL Bohemians/Munster) (capt)

Replacements:

16. Emma Hooban (St. Mary’s/Leinster)
17. Linda Djougang (Old Belvedere/Leinster) *
18. Anne-Marie O’Hora (Galwegians/Connacht) *
19. Anna Caplice (Richmond)
20. Claire McLaughlin (Old Belvedere/Ulster)
21. Kathryn Dane (Old Belvedere/Ulster) *
22. Ellen Murphy (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
23. Alison Miller (Old Belvedere/Connacht)

* Denotes uncapped player at this level

Quote:
RELAND WOMEN’S SIX NATIONS FIXTURES:

Friday, February 1:

IRELAND WOMEN v ENGLAND WOMEN, Energia Park, Donnybrook, 5pm (live RTÉ/Sky Sports) – Buy Tickets

Friday, February 8:

SCOTLAND WOMEN v IRELAND WOMEN, Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow, 7.35pm (live RTÉ)

Saturday, February 23:

ITALY WOMEN v IRELAND WOMEN, Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, Parma, 7.30pm local time/6.30pm Irish time (live RTÉ/Eurosport Italia)

Saturday, March 9:

IRELAND WOMEN v FRANCE WOMEN, Energia Park, Donnybrook, 7pm (live RTÉ/France Televisions) – Buy Tickets

Sunday, March 17:

WALES WOMEN v IRELAND WOMEN, Cardiff Arms Park, 1.30pm (live RTÉ/S4C)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:25 pm 

Interesting to see Cleall at lock as I've been saying it's where Hunter should go to extend her career.

Recently saw Cleall in a Sarries post and it looks like she's dropped weight. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:39 pm 

I don't see how eldaniel can say the french are the biggest in the backs (or anywhere)

They were dwarved by the kiwis in the fall.

group for Wales

Quote:
ARRICASTRE Lise (Lons Rugby Féminin Béarn Pyrénées)
BOUJARD Caroline (Montpellier RC)
BOURDON Pauline (AS Bayonnaise)
CONSTANTY Doriane (Stade Français Paris)
CORSON Lénaïg (Stade Français Paris)
DESHAYE Annaëlle (AS Rouen Université Club)
DIALLO Coumba (Stade Français Paris)
FERER Céline (AS Bayonnaise)
FORLANI Audrey (Blagnac Rugby Féminin)
HERMET Gaëlle (Stade Toulousain)
IMART Camille (Stade Toulousain)
JASON Ian (Stade Toulousain)
JOYEUX Clara (Blagnac Rugby Féminin)
LECAT Fiona (Stade Toulousain)
MENAGER Romane (Montpellier RC)
MENAGER Marine (Montpellier RC)
MURIE Léa (Stade Toulousain)
N'DIAYE Safi (Montpellier RC)
PEYRONNET Morgane (Montpellier RC)
RIVOALEN Yanna (Lille MRC Villeneuvois)
THOMAS Caroline (ASM Romagnat Rugby Féminin)
TOUYE Laure (Blagnac Rugby Féminin)
TRAORE Dhia Maylis (Stade Toulousain)
VERNIER Gabrielle (Lille MRC Villeneuvois)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:20 pm 

The French one looks tidy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Interesting to see Cleall at lock as I've been saying it's where Hunter should go to extend her career.

Recently saw Cleall in a Sarries post and it looks like she's dropped weight. :thumbup:

You probably can guess where I'm going, 2 players (Cleall and Beckett) both moved out of their usual positions (No.8) so Hunter can play there. Despite both having more crash impact, can make harder yards in traffic and both can pass better. Now, to be fair, I can see some reasoning, Since the RWC the coaches have tried to make England's pack more solid with bulk at lock seeing as it's become way behind Canada and France's. I don't think it really worked against Canada in the AIs in 2017. It also makes sense to bring Sarah Beckett in at 6 as she is just a baby at test level. The downside is Cleall's explosive physicalness will be dulled by working the engine room as will her top level workrate around the pitch. Which also means her excellent link-up game

As for the front row, Davies isn't an ok scrummager, Botterman is overrated IMO and lazy, Bern is a superstar but I can see the Irish getting into that scrum. Which then doesn't make sense to have two flankers turned amateur front rowers on the bench. Especially as Byrony Cleall and Brown are again two of England's very best flankers and total beasts. I assume Cornborugh and Lucas are injured. Hwoever I'd look at Chloe Edwards at Quins. Great scrummager and works her arse off round the park. Will almost certainly get you the most hard yards on the pitch. It's a set-up I wouldn't dare throw against France who will manshame that scrum for fun next week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 pm 

I'm a very amateur observer of the England women's game, but there's a fair few names I don't recognise in there. Abbie Scott injured? Always thought she was a second row shoe in. Lydia Thompson's always seemed impressive, has she opted for 7s?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
I'm a very amateur observer of the England women's game, but there's a fair few names I don't recognise in there. Abbie Scott injured? Always thought she was a second row shoe in. Lydia Thompson's always seemed impressive, has she opted for 7s?

Abbey Scott didn't play the weekend so yes I assume it is an injury as she is possibly always No.1 on the team sheet. Same for Lydia Thompson, whose the best wing in the world IMO and is deffo an X-factor player. The other star player I can't see is Abby Dow. It may not be injury but studies she is dealing with (She studies engineering). I'd also add in Rachel Burford into that list of eyebrow raising missing players. However it's probably a very good thing that several of those are barely noticeable, which shows the depth England have developed in recent years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:08 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:

Abbey Scott didn't play the weekend so yes I assume it is an injury as she is possibly always No.1 on the team sheet. Same for Lydia Thompson, whose the best wing in the world IMO and is deffo an X-factor player. The other star player I can't see is Abby Dow. It may not be injury but studies she is dealing with (She studies engineering). I'd also add in Rachel Burford into that list of eyebrow raising missing players. However it's probably a very good thing that several of those are barely noticeable, which shows the depth England have developed in recent years.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:14 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:

Abby Dow played for Wasps at the weekend and scored a try, so she isn't injured. She is not on a full time contract, but is one on the part-time EPS contracts for England. She hasn't featured in the full England team since the last 6 nations, so seems to have fallen back in the pecking order a bit, which is a shame as I think she is potentially one of the best wings in the Country.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:59 pm 

Pleased to see 2 players in the England team and 1 in the Irish team from my little club in Hertfordshire :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 pm 

Lobby wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:

Abby Dow played for Wasps at the weekend and scored a try, so she isn't injured. She is not on a full time contract, but is one on the part-time EPS contracts for England. She hasn't featured in the full England team since the last 6 nations, so seems to have fallen back in the pecking order a bit, which is a shame as I think she is potentially one of the best wings in the Country.

I don't think it's potential, I think she is already one of the best wings. I would only put Lydia Thompson and Danielle Waterman ahead of her in a back 3. She's certainly the most complete wing in the squad right now.

I don't think she is down the pecking order. She rips up the league regularly and has consistently played great for England. Remember since last 6 Nations England have only played the AIs. Dow along with Amy Cokayne was absent due to work commitments then. Cokayne is full time in the RAF. I suspect that is why Dow isn't on a full contract, yet, because she can't give England the time yet so she can finish her studies. She is the best winger in the country both in attack and defence bar Lydia Thompson. Though I can see her future at Full back. She can catch and she has a big kick and really hit great lines in the middle of the field. Her swerve and step are also underrated. I'm certain it's uni work not form that is keeping her away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:43 pm 

SaintK wrote:
Pleased to see 2 players in the England team and 1 in the Irish team from my little club in Hertfordshire :thumbup:

Your little club is a monster production talent for women's rugby :thumbup: . You'll notice there are players from your club in the sevens squad as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 am 

Laurent wrote:
I don't see how eldaniel can say the french are the biggest in the backs (or anywhere)

The kiwis do have some huge backs, their 10 for example. But I was speaking about 6 Nations teams here :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:48 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Laurent wrote:

The kiwis do have some huge backs, their 10 for example. But I was speaking about 6 Nations teams here :)

Stats of get the fudge off...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 am 

Laurent wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Laurent wrote:

England's tallest player in 5'10. Amber Reed.

Jessy Tremouliere is 5'11. Taller than England's tallest backs and all their forwards including captain number 8 who is 5'9. Safi N'Diaye is almost 6 feet. Your two locks are 6 feet.

England's heaviest player is Sarah Bern who is 90 kg. France have multiple players over that weight including a 107kg prop.

All stats from wiki using the RWC squads

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:49 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
SaintK wrote:

Your little club is a monster production talent for women's rugby :thumbup: . You'll notice there are players from your club in the sevens squad as well.

Yes, punch well above our weight and were a pioneer junior club. With the development of the women's game lots of other clubs in our catchment area now catching up. Which can only be good for the women's game in general.
WE are extremely proud of the girls who have gone on to the highest level of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:00 am 

Italy team to face Scotland:

15 Manuela FURLAN (Iniziative Villorba Rugby, 68 caps) – CAPITANO
14 Aura MUZZO (Iniziative Villorba Rugby, 7 caps)
13 Michela SILLARI (Rugby Colorno, 46 caps)
12 Beatrice RIGONI (Valsugana R. Padova, 32 caps)
11 Sofia STEFAN (Valsugana Rugby Padova, 45 caps)
10 Veronica MADIA (Rugby Colorno, 13 caps)
9 Sara BARATTIN (Iniziative Villorba Rugby, 84 caps)
8 Elisa GIORDANO (Valsugana Rugby Padova, 32 caps)
7 Giada FRANCO (Rugby Colorno, 6 caps)
6 Ilaria ARRIGHETTI (Stade Rennais, Francia, 37 caps)
5 Giordana DUCA (UR Capitolina, 7 caps)
4 Valentina RUZZA (Valsugana R. Padova, 24 casp)
3 Lucia GAI (Valsugana Rugby Padova, 58 caps)
2 Melissa BETTONI (Stade Rennais, Francia, 48 caps)
1 Gaia GIACOMOLI (Rugby Colorno, 13 caps)

A disposizione:

16 Silvia TURANI (Rugby Colorno, 5 caps)
17 Elena SERILLI (Belve Neo Verdi, esordiente)
18 Sara TOUNESI (Rugby Colorno, 6 caps)
19 Valeria FEDRIGHI (Stade Toulousain, Francia, 11 caps)
20 Lucia CAMMARANO (Belve Rugby NeroVerdi, 17 caps)
21 Francesca SBERNA (Kawasaki Robot Calvisano, 2 caps)
22 Jessica BUSATO (Iniziative Villorba Rugby, 6 caps)
23 Camilla SARASSO (Biella Rugby Club, 2 cap)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 am 

SaintK wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
SaintK wrote:

Yes, punch well above our weight and were a pioneer junior club. With the development of the women's game lots of other clubs in our catchment area now catching up. Which can only be good for the women's game in general.
WE are extremely proud of the girls who have gone on to the highest level of the game.

Indeed. What's more they'll be round for the next decade or so. Your club should really keep getting the word out about it's production line of talent to beat off competition, maybe a local paper article and a casual but blatant mention at every single game your girls play ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
SaintK wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
SaintK wrote:

Indeed. What's more they'll be round for the next decade or so. Your club should really keep getting the word out about it's production line of talent to beat off competition, maybe a local paper article and a casual but blatant mention at every single game your girls play ;)

We still attract girls from outside our usual catchment area due to the quality of the coaching. We also have an excellent reltionship with the sports editor of the local newspaper who is very positive in his support :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 pm 

Nice little bit about Wales' Ffion Lewis is the sister of a 7 time Mr Olympia champion Flex Lewis:

https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/statu ... 0168769536

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:52 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Laurent wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Laurent wrote:

Jessy Tremouliere is 5'11. Taller than England's tallest backs and all their forwards including captain number 8 who is 5'9. Safi N'Diaye is almost 6 feet. Your two locks are 6 feet.

England's heaviest player is Sarah Bern who is 90 kg. France have multiple players over that weight including a 107kg prop.

Jessy is broken and not in the squad for a start. So you are try to back your statement with a player that is not even in consideration.

Are you talking through your arse as usual, like when you stated the French were Pro? (before even the 7's got contracts)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:22 pm 

Laurent wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Laurent wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Laurent wrote:

Jessy is broken and not in the squad for a start. So you are try to back your statement with a player that is not even in consideration.

Nice of you to pick out one individual. I never said Farnce ahd the biggets backs in the 6 Nations

Quote:

Are you talking through your arse as usual, like when you stated the French were Pro? (before even the 7's got contracts)

I wonder where this unnecessarily shitty attitude comes from?

As to your points, being injured doesn't make a player not a French player anymore so I don't get why you are determined to be so arsy about it, you still couldn't refute the rest. Likewise on the contract situation, I recall discussing two years ago and actually giving you the links that said they were. I'm not accountable for other people's journalism so take it up with them. Though I had discussed with players who had discussions of offers with accommodation and perks. So I'm not sure why I'm talking through my arse there. Or why you think my discussion about women's rugby is usually "through my arse as usual" if you can only dispute a single thing from years ago.

In the meanwhile if you want to have civil conversations about the women's game I'm happy to continue or don't bother. You're welcome to engage or even point out even point out France's team may not be so big this time round due to injuries and players off with the sevens team to secure Olympic qualification, then that is fine. It's perfectly valid addition to the conversation. But I think most posters would rather discussion in women's rugby not be about posters carrying petty grudges from years ago making virtually irrelevant statements for point scoring. Thanks.

Last edited by eldanielfire on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:24 pm 

SaintK wrote:

We still attract girls from outside our usual catchment area due to the quality of the coaching. We also have an excellent reltionship with the sports editor of the local newspaper who is very positive in his support :thumbup:

Great. I really hope and wold like to see your club continue to get the credit it deserves.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:47 pm 

Wales team, the forward pack not to different to last year with Harries and Powell-Hughes not available. Interesting they are keeping the Wilkins experiment going at 10 and a fairly different center partnership and back 3, ignoring the excellent Joyce on right wing. Glad Beven is back at 9 as I rate her as a good scrummie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:54 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:

Wales team, the forward pack not to different to last year with Harries and Powell-Hughes not available. Interesting they are keeping the Wilkins experiment going at 10 and a fairly different center partnership and back 3, ignoring the excellent Joyce on right wing. Glad Beven is back at 9 as I rate her as a good scrummie.

The French will be too strong for Wales. They've picked a seriously strong pack, even if the back line looks a bit more experimental

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm 

:lol: .... 3. Joyeux

Not so much! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:36 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
:lol: .... 3. Joyeux

Not so much! ;)

a good few new heads with 7s and Julie Duval having retired from propping the backs are once again changed.

Ménager was mostly not playing on the wing makes some sense moving in the centre after all her twin is at 8...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:44 pm 

What's happened to Carla Neisen? She seemed to be a bit of a pocket rocket in centre?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm 

Eldaniel,

Always picking fights with you on the Brexit thread ;) , so let's just get the fact that you did in your 6 Nations preview say of France "They have the biggest backs". Jessye Tremouliere will miss the tournament through injury so her "height" isn't really relevant.

I don't recognise any French backs other than the sparrow-like Bourdon at 9 and the decently proportioned Marine Menager and Boujard at 13 and 15, so can't help.

What I would like to say is that as a bit of a lurker on women's rugby, I have thoroughly enjoyed your input.

Perhaps supporters of Les Bleu(e)s are a bit sensitive to casual size-ism. You might not notice it but it is profoundly irritating to see Brit journalists in their match previews involving France so often going on about a "massive French pack", only to discover that the Anglos and Celts very often weigh more than the "massive French pack".

For once the French Fatties claim on here regarding the men is absolutely correct!

May the bigger side win. Keep up your good work :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:54 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
What's happened to Carla Neisen? She seemed to be a bit of a pocket rocket in centre?

I think she is in new Zealand with the 7's
On the way to Sydney
With a lot of the backline regulars

GROUPE FRANCE

CIOFANI Anne-Cécile
DRANES Célia
DROUIN Caroline
GRISEZ Joanna
HORTA Fanny
IZAR Shannon
LOTHOZ Valentine
MAYANS Marjorie
NEISEN Carla
OKEMBA Séraphine
PELLE Chloé
TORRES-DUXANS Charlotte

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 pm 

Lobby wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

The French will be too strong for Wales. They've picked a seriously strong pack, even if the back line looks a bit more experimental

Some massive backs in that French team :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 pm 

shereblue wrote:
Eldaniel,

Always picking fights with you on the Brexit thread ;) , so let's just get the fact that you did in your 6 Nations preview say of France "They have the biggest backs". Jessye Tremouliere will miss the tournament through injury so her "height" isn't really relevant.

I don't recognise any French backs other than the sparrow-like Bourdon at 9 and the decently proportioned Marine Menager and Boujard at 13 and 15, so can't help.

What I would like to say is that as a bit of a lurker on women's rugby, I have thoroughly enjoyed your input.

Cheers. I appreciate the kind words. I'm equally happy more of the board is showing an interest and even discussing it at times.

Quote:

Perhaps supporters of Les Bleu(e)s are a bit sensitive to casual size-ism. You might not notice it but it is profoundly irritating to see Brit journalists in their match previews involving France so often going on about a "massive French pack", only to discover that the Anglos and Celts very often weigh more than the "massive French pack".

For once the French Fatties claim on here regarding the men is absolutely correct!

I didn't realise the French were sensitive about it. Though throughout last year's 6 Nations this was obviously the bigger pack in their games. I think only maybe Ireland look comparable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:43 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
shereblue wrote:
Eldaniel,

Cheers. I appreciate the kind words. I'm equally happy more of the board is showing an interest and even discussing it at times.

Quote:

I didn't realise the French were sensitive about it. Though throughout last year's 6 Nations this was obviously the bigger pack in their games. I think only maybe Ireland look comparable.

Not so sure on pack weights last year but Froggies have traditionally been very sensitive about scrummaging!

Describing the French pack as massive when it was often the lighter tended to diminish a perceived superiority of technique in the heyday of diminutive props like Domingo and Mas.

As a French poster observed elsewhere, fat fudge Atonio was unfairly replaced by the subbed but superior Slimani to allow the French to scrummage their way to victory over Wales last time in Paris.

As I say, your posts are really informative and not least have encouraged me to catch the Eng v Ireland game asap after the 5pm start tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:00 pm 

shereblue wrote:

As I say, your posts are really informative and not least have encouraged me to catch the Eng v Ireland game asap after the 5pm start tonight.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm 

Ireland vs England teams for today 5pm:

vs