Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15676
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


No need for you to get upset about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22983
fatcat wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


No need for you to get upset about it.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34811
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


I have a very full head of hair.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:01 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
fatcat wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


No need for you to get upset about it.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 7941
Location: Stockholm
Seneca of the Night wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


I have a very full head of hair.


Balding is a clear signal of masculinity, subconciously respected by men and women. So says science. As in a gorilla group, beta-males never develop the silverback, some human males never loose their feminine, childhood locks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15676
Seneca of the Night wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


I have a very full head of hair.


I only drool in my sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1815
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


I have a very full head of hair.


Balding is a clear signal of masculinity, subconciously respected by men and women. So says science. As in a gorilla group, beta-males never develop the silverback, some human males never loose their feminine, childhood locks.


:lol: :lol:

BTW cunt eyes, its "lose". Not "loose". LOSE. :x :x :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14734
Location: Haunting your dreams
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
The reactionary snowflake thread, where balding, obese, miiddleaged men who look like ham salivate at the opportunity to have a go at left-leaning female journalists.


I have a very full head of hair.


Balding is a clear signal of masculinity, subconciously respected by men and women. So says science. As in a gorilla group, beta-males never develop the silverback, some human males never loose their feminine, childhood locks.


Did you read a Ralph magazine article about Gorrillas or something? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10555
Got a goodie

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lack-woman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18829
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar
Boobs not Moobs wrote:



Isn't a black female BoJo just describing Diane Abbott to a great degree?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6770
For all the usual Guardian outrage anout inequality it delights in the headline about commoners being invited to the wedding

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... sor-castle


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34811
We should make that Cheddar Man geeza Foreign Minister.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 4025
kiwinoz wrote:
For all the usual Guardian outrage anout inequality it delights in the headline about commoners being invited to the wedding

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... sor-castle

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y#comments
''woke'' FFS :roll:
Loved this BTL comment; 'This article isn’t quite peak Guardian, but it’s certainly wearing it’s crampons and has a determined look.'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 4085
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ve-sex-why

Sorry mate, she's faking it with you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:46 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
DragonKhan wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/05/my-girlfriend-masturbates-after-we-have-sex-why

Sorry mate, she's faking it with you


That maybe be true, but it's an article that is hardly uniquely "peak Guardian" by any measure or even falls into the right category.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15186
Location: Auckland, NZ, Earth
"Commoners"....fucks sake. Can't believe people in the UK still use that term. Have some fvcking pride in yourselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 4085
eldanielfire wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/05/my-girlfriend-masturbates-after-we-have-sex-why

Sorry mate, she's faking it with you


That maybe be true, but it's an article that is hardly uniquely "peak Guardian" by any measure or even falls into the right category.

Ah yeah I know, just didn't want to start a new thread for it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12184
This is pretty good. Opinion piece. Woman cooks for a lot of people, doesn't say who for or what she cooks. Poorer people can't afford fresh produce, work long hours so don't have time to cook etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... sity-class

Pretty peak, but turn it up to 11 at the end

Quote:
• Kathleen Kerridge is an author of LGBT fantasy fiction


I actually don't the Guardian tbf, but I generally stay clear of the opinion/CiF pieces.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-politics

The far right hates vaginas. Why doesn’t this anger the left more?
-Marina Prentoulis


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22983
eldanielfire wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/08/vaginas-far-right-progressives-identity-politics

The far right hates vaginas. Why doesn’t this anger the left more?
-Marina Prentoulis


Utter cowardice to close It for comments so rapidly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15676
Mick Mannock wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/08/vaginas-far-right-progressives-identity-politics

The far right hates vaginas. Why doesn’t this anger the left more?
-Marina Prentoulis


Utter cowardice to close It for comments so rapidly


Not really. The idiot author was taking a panning, so best for everyone to move on and forget about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6994
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... work-women

Not sure if this meets the high level expected on this thread, but the article got me thinking

Do you know anyone that actually cat calls?

Have you seem a group of said "builders" cat call?

I honestly never see it and I work in the middle of the CBD with currently 5 building sites within 100m of me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34811
_fatprop wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/08/catcalling-hate-crime-current-laws-work-women

Not sure if this meets the high level expected on this thread, but the article got me thinking

Do you know anyone that actually cat calls?

Have you seem a group of said "builders" cat call?

I honestly never see it and I work in the middle of the CBD with currently 5 building sites within 100m of me


I know a woman who is a crazy-as-shit psychologist and campaigner for sexual abuse victims. Yet she talks fondly of her youth when she used to take diversions through central London to go past building sites in order to get cat-called. Though she recognises that she was seeking affirmation that she lacked from healthier sources, she doesn't think it did her any harm.

I don't know what city you work in, but I took a ride in the front of a truck once with a couple of Romanians who were moving some stuff of mine to storage in North London, and they were hanging out the window whistling at girls the whole way there. It was quite funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:48 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19124
Location: Adelaide via Sydney and Patea
Political Correctness Gone Mad...can't even call a happy rooster by his preferred title...

Image


Last edited by Taranaki Snapper on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6994
I am in Sydney, actually the only thing near a cat call I remember seeing is some p plater kids calling out

And I see that is more about them confirming their own heterosexuality to their mates in the car


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15676
_fatprop wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/08/catcalling-hate-crime-current-laws-work-women

Not sure if this meets the high level expected on this thread, but the article got me thinking

Do you know anyone that actually cat calls?

Have you seem a group of said "builders" cat call?

I honestly never see it and I work in the middle of the CBD with currently 5 building sites within 100m of me


I spend quite a lot of time walking around the salubrious streets of Kensington, Chelsea, Belgravia, Marylebone and Mayfair where there are hundreds of properties undergoing some sort of re/construction and have never once witnessed a catcall or similar.

Mind you, I was walking up Redcliffe Gardens on the way to Earl's Court a couple of years ago and a white van stopped and the passenger called out to say I was the most handsome man he'd ever seen. I walked over and thanked him and told him if I batted for the other side we could have made a sweet couple. Him and his mate laughed out loud, and I got the impression he'd been joking all along, the bastard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12184
Another one. How to retire at 32 to a 66 acre homestead in Vermont by living frugally. Just need to paint your own kitchen cabinets, run an old car and not buy clothes too often. Short on details.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... l-spending


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
Margin_Walker wrote:
Another one. How to retire at 32 to a 66 acre homestead in Vermont by living frugally. Just need to paint your own kitchen cabinets, run an old car and not buy clothes too often. Short on details.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... l-spending


I think the title premise is destroyed by the first reply in the comments:

Quote:

"a successful career in the city" - Are you sure it wasn't that, rather than the 'frugality' that enabled her to retire at 32.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12184
eldanielfire wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Another one. How to retire at 32 to a 66 acre homestead in Vermont by living frugally. Just need to paint your own kitchen cabinets, run an old car and not buy clothes too often. Short on details.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... l-spending


I think the title premise is destroyed by the first reply in the comments:

Quote:

"a successful career in the city" - Are you sure it wasn't that, rather than the 'frugality' that enabled her to retire at 32.


Yep, delve a bit further down and it seems he's an IT manager still who works from home.

They are obviously also flogging a book. All hilariously smug. They just moved to the country and are working a few less hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:09 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
BTW,a peek article in that it is thought provoking, stuff the Guardian once did:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... difference

I don't agree, but logically saying basically why is Russia killing it's traitors in foreign countries bad, but Britain doing it to ISIS converts abroad good? is a fair argument to create.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
Margin_Walker wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Another one. How to retire at 32 to a 66 acre homestead in Vermont by living frugally. Just need to paint your own kitchen cabinets, run an old car and not buy clothes too often. Short on details.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... l-spending


I think the title premise is destroyed by the first reply in the comments:

Quote:

"a successful career in the city" - Are you sure it wasn't that, rather than the 'frugality' that enabled her to retire at 32.


Yep, delve a bit further down and it seems he's an IT manager still who works from home.

They are obviously also flogging a book. All hilariously smug. They just moved to the country and are working a few less hours.


As some of the commenst pointed out their blog shows they still spend thousands a month, around $3500 apparently. Which led to this comment:

"mrkfm 789012 12h ago
it's what people in the rich west who have lost all perspective call "frugal"."

They are frugal, they are not even middle class, they are very rich and living in some rich wankers fantasy land.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
Ok, now the Guardian is complaining Trump and Kin Jong Un sitting down to talk about getting rid of nukes and peace is a bad thing now:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... gerous-one

I didn't believe partisan politics could go so far just to hate on Trump they criticise world leaders sitting down to discuss peace and making the world safer FFS!


Last edited by eldanielfire on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 am
Posts: 3676
eldanielfire wrote:
BTW,a peek article in that it is thought provoking, stuff the Guardian once did:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... difference

I don't agree, but logically saying basically why is Russia killing it's traitors in foreign countries bad, but Britain doing it to ISIS converts abroad good? is a fair argument to create.


Quote:
Khan and Hussain were apparently involved in much savagery in Syria and in plotting terrorism in Britain. Yet there was no indication that killing them was the sole way of preventing further crimes.
:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22327
Video games fuel the rise of the far right:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... misogynist


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34811
eldanielfire wrote:
Video games fuel the rise of the far right:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... misogynist


I haven't played a video game since the days of galaxies, so how do they explain my full on alt-right looniness?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14362
Location: Coalfalls
Seneca of the Night wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Video games fuel the rise of the far right:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... misogynist


I haven't played a video game since the days of galaxies, so how do they explain my full on alt-right looniness?

Clearly they were very effective games, then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22
White male racist algorithms must die: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/13/women-robots-ai-male-artificial-intelligence-automation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19326
Location: Yemen
when will the anti-welsh bigotry stop :(

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... and-brexit

Quote:
But until a thorough self-examination takes place and English imperialist attitudes are properly put under the microscope, the bigotry will continue. And Brexit seems to indicate that this sense of cultural superiority won’t be going away any time soon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4140
Location: Newport, Gwent
To be fair to Jones the Welsh U20 had just stuck 125 on the Japanese U20 so he had some cause to be up set. You can be mad at him but then see his face and realise he has enough of his own probelms.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13912
Location: Above you.
bessantj wrote:
To be fair to Jones the Welsh U20 had just stuck 125 on the Japanese U20 so he had some cause to be up set. You can be mad at him but then see his face and realise he has enough of his own probelms.


Whether it’s bants in a speech or bants on a train, rugby is now in the spotlight.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apposite, BBB, bimboman, Brazil, ChipSpike, Dairymilk, dargotronV.1, Darth_Quinlan, de_Selby, Diego, Edinburgh01, eldanielfire, flashman, frankster, Google Adsense [Bot], handyman, Joost, koroke hangareka, Leinsterman, ManInTheBar, Pebbles, penguin, Petej, Podge, rabble, Raggs, Sandstorm, St_Badger, Stjudes, sturginho, tabascoboy, Taranaki Snapper, tazman77, Ulsters Red Hand, unseenwork, willmac, Wylie Coyote, youngsidd and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group