Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:20 pm 

Mothers in Derry hand their kids over to paramilitaries for kneecapping. Britain's fault, obviously. Brexit is going to make it worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/15/mother-son-kneecapped-northern-ireland-brexit-border

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am 

Akkerman wrote:
when will the anti-welsh bigotry stop :(

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... and-brexit

Quote:
But until a thorough self-examination takes place and English imperialist attitudes are properly put under the microscope, the bigotry will continue. And Brexit seems to indicate that this sense of cultural superiority won’t be going away any time soon

Amazingly ignorant to think Eddie Jones would only say such things because he moved to England? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Quote:
But until a thorough self-examination takes place and English imperialist attitudes are properly put under the microscope, the bigotry will continue. And Brexit seems to indicate that this sense of cultural superiority won’t be going away any time soon

Amazingly ignorant to think Eddie Jones would only say such things because he moved to England? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think she's saying that mate. More saying that Jones could be forgiven for thinking his comments are acceptable because stuff like AA Gill describing the Welsh as “loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls” is printed. Can you imagine the shit storm if he said that about an African country? But having worked in England I don;t think I've ever been held back by being Welsh so it's not exactly on the level of 'No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish.' so it doesn't concern me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:49 am 

Quote:
AA Gill describing the Welsh as “loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls

Which part do you disagree with?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am 

fatcat wrote:
Quote:
AA Gill describing the Welsh as “loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls

Which part do you disagree with?

I think there was some context to his comments, having actually visited Wales.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am 

bessantj wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Quote:

I don't think she's saying that mate. More saying that Jones could be forgiven for thinking his comments are acceptable because stuff like AA Gill describing the Welsh as “loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls” is printed. Can you imagine the shit storm if he said that about an African country? But having worked in England I don;t think I've ever been held back by being Welsh so it's not exactly on the level of 'No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish.' so it doesn't concern me.

Now that's a stretch. You're acting like aussies don't specalise in sledging other countries. Also it's not as if the Welsh don't regularly give it to the English for example. The idea it's some isolated anti-Welsh bigotry is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
bessantj wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Quote:

I don't think she's saying that mate. More saying that Jones could be forgiven for thinking his comments are acceptable because stuff like AA Gill describing the Welsh as “loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls” is printed. Can you imagine the shit storm if he said that about an African country? But having worked in England I don't think I've ever been held back by being Welsh so it's not exactly on the level of 'No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish.' so it doesn't concern me.

Now that's a stretch. You're acting like aussies don't specalise in sledging other countries. Also it's not as if the Welsh don't regularly give it to the English for example. The idea it's some isolated anti-Welsh bigotry is ridiculous.

It really isn't mate. No I am not, I'm saying the author of that piece believes that Jones could be forgiven for thinking his comments are what is accepted considering what is printed about the Welsh in national newspapers. I agree just just a bit of Aussie sledging. Not sure what you mean about isolated anti-Welsh bigotry though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 am 

Those comments were from 1998. Jones comments were clearly tounge in cheek, the outrage is so scouser victim hoodlike as to be funny.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 am 

bimboman wrote:
Those comments were from 1998. Jones comments were clearly tounge in cheek, the outrage is so scouser victim hoodlike as to be funny.

I'm most surprised that she used something Jeremy Clarkson said. It's as if she's never read/heard him speak before.

EDIT: Reminds me of Scott Johnson when he was coaching with Wales. Called New Zealand 'Two poxy islands' or something like that.

Last edited by bessantj on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 am 

bessantj wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I'm most surprised that she used something Jeremy Clarkson said. It's as if she's never read/heard him speak before.

Who ? What? She ? Oh the author. She another that will bring a world free from any sort of nuance, or in fact comment of any sort. It will be a dull and quite dangerous place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm 

bessantj wrote:
bimboman wrote:

EDIT: Reminds me of Scott Johnson when he was coaching with Wales. Called New Zealand 'Two poxy islands' or something like that.

Better, he said something along the lines of...... We're not calling them the all blacks, we're calling them new Zealand, because everyone knows NZ is just a poxy island in the middle of the Pacific.

Then a few days later, he apologised, saying..... Some people were offended by my earlier remarks. I do of course realise that new Zealand is two poxy islands in the Pacific.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
bessantj wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Better, he said something along the lines of...... We're not calling them the all blacks, we're calling them new Zealand, because everyone knows NZ is just a poxy island in the middle of the Pacific.

Then a few days later, he apologised, saying..... Some people were offended by my earlier remarks. I do of course realise that new Zealand is two poxy islands in the Pacific.

Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:25 pm 

See how long this one is kept open because she is going to get eviserated.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... healthcare

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:51 pm 

Akkerman wrote:

Quote:

I don’t think it’s a unique bigotry as everyone gets a bit of the old bigotry now and again. It however would be good if the jokes were inventive, as it stands the sheep reference (as the example of England’s only joke about us) is about as funny as a stupid fücker in Surrey doing an impression of Jim Davidson’s Chalky voice. It’s dull as fück and painfully unfunny. The upshot of this (and there always is one) is that the utterance instantly outs the ‘joker’ as the most lonely cünt in the room. Usually because his missus left him for big Bryn from Ystradgynlais.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:02 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Quote:

I don’t think it’s a unique bigotry as everyone gets a bit of the old bigotry now and again. It however would be good if the jokes were inventive, as it stands the sheep reference (as the example of England’s only joke about us) is about as funny as a stupid fücker in Surrey doing an impression of Jim Davidson’s Chalky voice. It’s dull as fück and painfully unfunny. The upshot of this (and there always is one) is that the utterance instantly outs the ‘joker’ as the most lonely cünt in the room. Usually because his missus left him for big Bryn from Ystradgynlais.

precious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:03 pm 

message #2527204 wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Quote:

precious

Was that your pet name for her?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:09 pm 

now chalkies voice was quite funny, its just a shame jim Davidson was a woeful comic.
any ginger bloke going hooo keee mon would generate the same level of mirth - (activates globus mode) - I did meet the son of the ex governor or something of Jamaica, who was very ginger and white skinned - but had a pretty thick Jamaican accent. was most perculiar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:10 pm 

backrow wrote:
now chalkies voice was quite funny, its just a shame jim Davidson was a woeful comic.
any ginger bloke going hooo keee mon would generate the same level of mirth - (activates globus mode) - I did meet the son of the ex governor or something of Jamaica, who was very ginger and white skinned - but had a pretty thick Jamaican accent. was most perculiar.

I get all my Jamaica knowledge from Death in Paradise, which probably isn’t even Jamaica. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:31 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
backrow wrote:

I get all my Jamaica knowledge from Death in Paradise, which probably isn’t even Jamaica. :thumbup:

Nah, it's saint Marie iirc.

I used to play cricket with a white Jamaican lad. We once played a team from the Ladbroke grove area and one of their lads chased him off the park with his bat, thinking he was taking the piss out of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 pm 

Shit, close shave.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... experience

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:53 pm 

Dig deep, crackers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/18/new-orleans-chef-food-experiment-black-white-pay-more

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:58 pm 

Ramming Speed wrote:

I don't think it's news that white women are enemies of civilisation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:31 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Ramming Speed wrote:

I don't think it's news that white women are enemies of civilisation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
backrow wrote:

Nah, it's saint Marie iirc.

I used to play cricket with a white Jamaican lad. We once played a team from the Ladbroke grove area and one of their lads chased him off the park with his bat, thinking he was taking the piss out of them.

Gaudeloupe, (Globus mode on) I remember half the locations as my dad helped build them.

Black Brits can be funny when confronted by white Jamaicans, singing the anthem in the 98 World Cup with some friends in a Bristol pub caused some ructions, German town would probably freak them out.

Last edited by OhNo on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 pm 

bessantj wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
bessantj wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

I don't think she's saying that mate. More saying that Jones could be forgiven for thinking his comments are acceptable because stuff like AA Gill describing the Welsh as “loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls” is printed. Can you imagine the shit storm if he said that about an African country? But having worked in England I don't think I've ever been held back by being Welsh so it's not exactly on the level of 'No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish.' so it doesn't concern me.

It really isn't mate. No I am not, I'm saying the author of that piece believes that Jones could be forgiven for thinking his comments are what is accepted considering what is printed about the Welsh in national newspapers. I agree just just a bit of Aussie sledging. Not sure what you mean about isolated anti-Welsh bigotry though.

As the comments were made to a Japanese audience, presumably Eddie was thinking that the Japanese love a bit of Irish and welsh-baiting?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm 

Ooh Cathy is back https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/mar/19/cathy-newman-the-internet-is-being-written-by-men-with-an-agenda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:

I see they continue to peddle the bullshit

Quote:
In the past few weeks, two of her interviews have gone viral, with unpleasant results; the first with Jordan Peterson, a controversial Canadian psychologist who has attracted a following among the “alt-right”, the second with Max Mosley, recently exposed for publishing a racist campaign leaflet in the 60s. While a grotesque level of trolling has become a standard part of her job, these two interviews resulted in a heightened spew of unfettered misogyny and abuse online. She even received death threats following her interview with Peterson, and Channel 4 called in security experts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:03 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Quote:
In the past few weeks, two of her interviews have gone viral, with unpleasant results; the first with Jordan Peterson, a controversial Canadian psychologist who has attracted a following among the “alt-right”, the second with Max Mosley, recently exposed for publishing a racist campaign leaflet in the 60s. While a grotesque level of trolling has become a standard part of her job, these two interviews resulted in a heightened spew of unfettered misogyny and abuse online. She even received death threats following her interview with Peterson, and Channel 4 called in security experts.

Hasn't Peterson pointed out he received more abuse then she did over that interview?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:15 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Quote:

Hasn't Peterson pointed out he received more abuse then she did over that interview?

Her and C5 have presumably flat out lied about the abuse she received as there is zero evidence of it. Certainly from the Peterson interview.

She's thriving on her new victimhood.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Quote:

That seems hard to prove

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 pm 

https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-net ... -diversity

Didn't last long

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:02 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2018/mar/20/fight-bame-teachers-senior-positions-diversity

Didn't last long

TG usually closes comments when not going well

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2018/mar/20/fight-bame-teachers-senior-positions-diversity

Didn't last long

"16% of new teachers are from a BAME background". So the perfect representation of BAME which is roughly 13% of the population? How on earth can you complain about that?

Virtual signallers and SJW idiots never understand maths.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:33 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Didn't last long

"16% of new teachers are from a BAME background". So the perfect representation of BAME which is roughly 13% of the population? How on earth can you complain about that?

:lol: :lol: Thankfully we have teachers with your high standards of edumication.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 am 

Sefton wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Didn't last long

:lol: :lol: Thankfully we have teachers with your high standards of edumication.

Says Mr P.E

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 am 

Not the Guardian, but it deserves a giggle

https://jezebel.com/french-activists-tr ... 1823923290

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 am 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Didn't last long

Says Mr P.E

That would sting if I was a PE teacher and came from somebody who could string a coherent paragraph together.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:11 am 

Ramming Speed wrote:
Mothers in Derry hand their kids over to paramilitaries for kneecapping. Britain's fault, obviously. Brexit is going to make it worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/15/mother-son-kneecapped-northern-ireland-brexit-border

:o

Mentalists!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:16 am 

_fatprop wrote:
Not the Guardian, but it deserves a giggle

https://jezebel.com/french-activists-tr ... 1823923290

Quote:
Lawmakers are considering a plea to shutter Xdolls, which opened last month in Paris and allows customers to rent a life-size sex doll for $109 an hour, according to the BBC.

I appreciate I might not be up to speed on the current market rates for procuring the services of a prostitute but they can't be much more then the cost of shagging the sex dolls in question.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 pm 

I do not understand why The Guardian uses any stuff by Afua Hirsch. No sooner is some of her drivel on the site, than comments are closed. Presumably because of the negative comments on her utter crap.

Today, she bangs on about Churchill

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next