Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:51 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
So B. Venter only consulting with the Boks.

And with Italy

:lol: :lol: The match in Rome will be worth watching

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

And with Italy

How will he divide his time? First half in one box, second in the other?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:55 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

And with Italy

Claim being responsible for whoever wins.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

And with Italy

Will he have to cough up his Bok exit plays to Conor O'Shea when preparing for the match?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:57 pm 

That is some bullshit
And we cant even say its only Italy anymore :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:11 pm 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

And with Italy

Indeed.

Prior to our loss against Italy, Venter was part of an advisory panel for the Springboks; then he went off and coached Italy to the win.

You couldn't make it up.

Well, I suppose you could, but nobody would believe you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:49 pm 

Don't forget he was one of the brains behind organising the Indaba.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm 

Well he's not going to learn anything while at the Boks so we're safe there at least

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 am 

From Sport24 :
Brendan Venter hits out at rugby agents

Cape Town - Brendan Venter has questioned the integrity of some of the agents associated with South African rugby players.

Venter, who was recently confirmed as defence and exits consultant of the Springboks, vented his frustration on social media.

He was responding to the news that Springbok and Bulls centre Jan Serfontein would leave the country to explore opportunities abroad.

SA Rugby confirmed on Wednesday that an offer was made to keep the 24-year-old midfielder in the country, but he opted against signing a new deal.

Via his official Twitter account, Venter said it was a “pity” that Serfontein decided to head abroad.

Venter also commented on the loss of Sharks scrumhalf Cobus Reinach, who recently announced that he would join English club Northampton Saints.

Venter acknowledged that there were "some really good agents" around, but added that some of them “just don’t care” about the South African game.

Venter called for a more transparent process, saying agents need to explain the processes behind players opting to sign overseas deals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:54 am 

handyman wrote:
From Sport24 :
Brendan Venter hits out at rugby agents

Cape Town - Brendan Venter has questioned the integrity of some of the agents associated with South African rugby players.

Venter, who was recently confirmed as defence and exits consultant of the Springboks, vented his frustration on social media.

He was responding to the news that Springbok and Bulls centre Jan Serfontein would leave the country to explore opportunities abroad.

SA Rugby confirmed on Wednesday that an offer was made to keep the 24-year-old midfielder in the country, but he opted against signing a new deal.

Via his official Twitter account, Venter said it was a “pity” that Serfontein decided to head abroad.

Venter also commented on the loss of Sharks scrumhalf Cobus Reinach, who recently announced that he would join English club Northampton Saints.

Venter acknowledged that there were "some really good agents" around, but added that some of them “just don’t care” about the South African game.

Venter called for a more transparent process, saying agents need to explain the processes behind players opting to sign overseas deals.

Oh please man..................who would seriously want to stay here with all the shit thats going on.
Our Finance ministers advisor is calling for nationalisation of banks, mines and insurance companies......thats our savings and currency fecked. So what the kids will be earning will be worth bugger all. Zuma is blaming everything on white people and stirring racial division. The ANC is attacking opposition parties and disrupting meetings with violence. There is talk of a genocide and civil war if the ANC is unseated. The Springboks are poor . With absolutely no commercial value. SARU is running huge losses. Why would any young talented player choose to stay here...? And be proud to be a Springbok. Go I say , and build a secure and prosperous future for your family.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 am 

I'm more shocked that as a man who has decided his coaching career lies as a mercenary gun for hire, he should have the cheek to moan about players chasing money, and even worse, actually employing professional agents to do the job properly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 am 

Slider wrote:
I'm more shocked that as a man who has decided his coaching career lies as a mercenary gun for hire, he should have the cheek to moan about players chasing money, and even worse, actually employing professional agents to do the job properly.

This irony did not pass me by................he is just annoyed that he has to revise hos plans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 am 

Brendan has always been a self centered egoist. What matters is Brendan, and what Brendan wants.

Spoiled brat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Brendan has always been a self centered egoist. What matters is Brendan, and what Brendan wants.

Spoiled brat.

If he can make the Springboks great again, I don't care how shit person he is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am 

He kicked and hacked himself out of RWC 1999, with his petulance - God knows what he will do to the Boks. (edited, thank Sorc)

Last edited by Wilson's Toffee on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:13 pm 

Nearly cost us an early exit in 99 WC. Twat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 pm 

Quote:
Kolisi, Whiteley tipped for Bok captaincy

According to Huw Jones anyway...
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/kolisi-whiteley-tipped-for-bok-captaincy-20170421

Jones is full of predictions:
Quote:
Cape Town - Dillyn Leyds should be a Springbok by the end of the year.

That is the view of his Stormers team-mate and Scotland centre Huw Jones.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/jones-ill-eat-my-hat-if-leyds-isnt-a-bok-20170421

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

And with Italy

Are you inferring that SA may not win against Italy?. oh hang on….

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 am 

Whiteley I reckon really need his trusty deputy (Kriel) if he is to be captain
They go well together and there seems to be a real bond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:51 am 

Venter could be for Coetzee what Gary Gold was for PDV i.e. the real coach. That could be huge for Bok rugby because for all his faults as a personality, he is a very good coach. This is assuming Venter actually cares and is not just picking up pay-cheques.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Venter could be for Coetzee what Gary Gold was for PDV i.e. the real coach. That could be huge for Bok rugby because for all his faults as a personality, he is a very good coach. This is assuming Venter actually cares and is not just picking up pay-cheques.

First I hear of this. I thought the players were coaching themselves?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:20 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:

First I hear of this. I thought the players were coaching themselves?

Yeah! Smit, FDP and Matfield were coaching the team.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:56 am 

Quote:
Nxesi emphasised the importance of development and has recognised that it is not only dependent on the sports federations, but it is also the responsibility of the governmental departments.

"If you look at those who play for the national teams, you will see it is mostly players drawn from model C schools or school with sports. There is talent in the rural and township areas that have not been unearth.

"But that is not the responsibility of rugby – it’s the responsibility of Federations and the Department of Sport and Recreation," he explained.

http://www.rugby365.com/countries/south-africa/78842-sa-gov-to-back-world-cup-2023-bid

A minister who acknowledges the government's responsibility in developing rugby at school level? That's a change.

I wonder what his instructions were regarding the Kings and their place in Super Rugby

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:30 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Nxesi emphasised the importance of development and has recognised that it is not only dependent on the sports federations, but it is also the responsibility of the governmental departments.

"If you look at those who play for the national teams, you will see it is mostly players drawn from model C schools or school with sports. There is talent in the rural and township areas that have not been unearth.

"But that is not the responsibility of rugby – it’s the responsibility of Federations and the Department of Sport and Recreation," he explained.

http://www.rugby365.com/countries/south-africa/78842-sa-gov-to-back-world-cup-2023-bid

A minister who acknowledges the government's responsibility in developing rugby at school level? That's a change.

I wonder what his instructions were regarding the Kings and their place in Super Rugby

Sounds promising...

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:34 am 

handyman wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:

Sounds promising...

Kings deserve to stay.......end of. We cannot discount the fact that they are new to Super Rugby and are just over a number of demoralising issues such as Cheeky , non payment of players salaries , bankruptcy and player drain to the larger unions.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:41 am 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:

Sounds promising...

Kings deserve to stay.......end of. We cannot discount the fact that they are new to Super Rugby and are just over a number of demoralising issues such as Cheeky , non payment of players salaries , bankruptcy and player drain to the larger unions.

Look, they have put in a few inspiring performances of late, but the union is a total clusterfcuk. No way you can select them above one of the other unions.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 am 

handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:

Look, they have put in a few inspiring performances of late, but the union is a total clusterfcuk. No way you can select them above one of the other unions.

Of course they have....they were touted as a Quota team and created to showcase that and were hamstrung by the reasons I included above but they have developed into a solid union and are playing a solid brand of all inclusive rugby.........they deserve a chance.

Cheetahs and Bulls can feck off North for all I care....in fact the style of rugby played north would suit the Bulls more than the Kings tbh.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:51 am 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:

Of course they have....they were touted as a Quota team and created to showcase that and were hamstrung by the reasons I included above but they have developed into a solid union and are playing a solid brand of all inclusive rugby.........they deserve a chance.

Cheetahs and Bulls can feck off North for all I care....in fact the style of rugby played north would suit the Bulls more than the Kings tbh.

A whole new conference for you not to watch but have an opinion on ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:54 am 

houtkabouter wrote:
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:

A whole new conference for you not to watch but have an opinion on ;)

You are worse than my 8 year old son...........................so exhausting

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:11 am 

old men get tired so easily these days :D

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:37 pm 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:

Waai windjie waai
Few good games now they deserve (deserve!) to be there more than the Bulls and Cheetahs

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:18 pm 

Cartman wrote:
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:

Waai windjie waai
Few good games now they deserve (deserve!) to be there more than the Bulls and Cheetahs

Hey...you Vaalies can have one team between the two of you dammit. :x

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 am 

Quote:
Speaking after a successful comeback to rugby with the Golden Lions in their 112-14 win over the Namibia Welwitschias in the SuperSport Rugby Challenge, after spending six months recovering from a shoulder injury suffered during the Springboks’ end-of-year tour, the Lions winger said he would listen closely to medical advice.

“We’re just taking it day for day to see how the progression goes,” he said. “The Super Rugby guys have been playing awesome rugby and if I was a coach I wouldn’t change anything there. So in terms of myself I’m taking it day by day to see how it goes.”

Quote:
With the Springboks playing the first test of their three-match series against France in just over a month, and the Lions left with just three more fixtures before Super Rugby goes into its break for incoming tours, quite what that means for Combrinck’s international ambitions is a mystery.

The 26-year-old, who was one of the few leading lights for the Boks last season, played 40 minutes in the Lions’ annihilation of the Welwitschias at the Alberton Rugby Club in the South of Johannesburg on Saturday, finishing the rest of the game as a glorified water boy for the team.

As reintroductions to the game go few could have been gentler on the shoulder than the match against the outclassed Namibians, who had conceded seven tries without reply by halftime and shipped in another nine in the second half as their lack of conditioning told.

Combrinck said going off at halftime was always the plan: “The plan was always to trust the medical staff and the plan they have for me. After five months I can’t really rush into it and play 80 minutes.”

While he didn’t score one of the Lions’ 16 tries against the Welwitschias, Combrinck put in a performance in which he was lusty in the physical exchanges and instrumental in setting up two of the tries.

“It was awesome being back,” he said afterwards. “Shoulder’s feeling great, I just need more game time to see how it goes but I’m very satisfied with it.”

https://www.supersport.com/rugby/supersport-challenge/news/170508/Combrinck_looking_no_further_than_SS_Rugby_Challenge

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:47 am 

Quote:
The Springboks will be without Francois Louw for the June series against France after the veteran flanker underwent a shoulder operation.

The 31-year-old, who plays for Bath in England, told Netwerk24 that he was likely to be out of action for more or less 12 weeks after undergoing surgery on Thursday.

Louw started nine Tests for the Boks last year, and would have been the favourite to once again wear the No 6 jersey against France.

His untimely injury might open the door for Kings fetcher Chris Cloete, while the Lions' Jaco Kriel, or even Stormers captain Siya Kolisi could now have a role to play at openside flank.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/louw-blow-for-boks

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:22 am 

Why is he even considered

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:15 pm 

Cloete should be a cert, but won't. Easily out best genuine openside option.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 am 

sunnybanana wrote:
Cloete should be a cert, but won't. Easily out best genuine openside option.

He and Kriel as the 6 options
Kolisi as 7
Duane/Whitley a8

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm 

3rd Bok training camp 21-23 May

Quote:
At the conclusion of the camp on May 23, the Springbok squad of 31 players for the Castle Lager Incoming Series next month against France will be announced, as well as 26-man SA ‘A’ squad for their matches against the French Barbarians. Following next week’s announcement, the Springbok squad will gather in Plettenberg Bay from 28 May to 4 June to continue with preparations for the French series.

http://www.sarugby.co.za/article.aspx?category=sarugby/springboks&id=3995674

1. Lukhanyo Am (Centre, Cell C Sharks)
2. Ruan Botha (Lock, Cell C Sharks)
10. Jean-Luc du Preez (Flank, Cell C Sharks)
11. Thomas du Toit (Prop, Cell C Sharks)
21. Pat Lambie (Flyhalf, Cell C Sharks)
29. Tendai Mtawarira (Prop, Cell C Sharks)
33. Coenie Oosthuizen (Prop, Cell C Sharks)
34. Chiliboy Ralepelle (Hooker, Cell C Sharks)
4. Andries Coetzee (Fullback, Emirates Lions)
9. Ruan Dreyer (Prop, Emirates Lions)
6. Ross Cronje (Scrumhalf Emirates Lions)
17. Elton Jantjies (Flyhalf, Emirates Lions)
19. Jaco Kriel (Flank, Emirates Lions)
25. Lionel Mapoe (Centre, Emirates Lions)
26. Malcolm Marx (Hooker, Emirates Lions)
28. Franco Mostert (Lock, Emirates Lions)
36. Courtnall Skosan (Wing, Emirates Lions)
38. Harold Vorster (Centre, Emirates Lions)
39. Warren Whiteley (No 8, Emirates Lions)
3. Chris Cloete (Flank, Southern Kings)
5. Lionel Cronje (Flyhalf, Southern Kings)
24. Makazole Mapimpi (Wing, Southern Kings)
31. Andisa Ntsila (Flank, Southern Kings)
7. Damian de Allende (Centre DHL Stormers)
12. Pieter-Steph du Toit (Lock, DHL Stormers)
13. Dewaldt Duvenage (Scrumhalf, DHL Stormers)
14. Eben Etzebeth (Lock, DHL Stormers)
18. Siya Kolisi (Flank, DHL Stormers)
22. Dillyn Leyds (Wing, DHL Stormers)
23. Frans Malherbe (Prop, DHL Stormers)
27. Bongi Mbonambi (Hooker, DHL Stormers)
30. Sikhumbuzo Notshe (Loose forward, DHL Stormers)
37. Jano Vermaak (Scrumhalf, DHL Stormers)
8. Lood de Jager (Lock, Vodacom Bulls)
15. Warrick Gelant (Fullback, Vodacom Bulls)
16. Lizo Gqoboka (Prop, Vodacom Bulls)
20. Jesse Kriel (Centre/Fullback Vodacom Bulls)
32. Trevor Nyakane (Prop, Vodacom Bulls)
35. Jan Serfontein (Centre, Vodacom Bulls)

Sharks 8
Stormers 10
Lions 11
Bulls 6
Cheetahs 0
Kings 4

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:03 pm 

Quote:
No players from the Toyota Cheetahs were included as they are on tour in New Zealand. As with the first two camps, there are also no overseas-based players amongst the training squad, adhering to Regulation 9 of World Rugby.

Which Cheetahs/overseas players could be considered?

Overseas: I read the other day that Frans and BdP could get a call.
Cheetahs: Venter, Oupa, Rhule...who else?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:04 pm 

How long is Lambulance out for this time? Poor oke needs to go build a retirement fund in Japan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next