Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:49 pm 

People seen the tweets by Carrie's dog?

Bit dusty here :(

Very sad loss, too early. I like Star Wars but I'm not a big fan, and didn't know a lot about her as an actress, but really rated her as someone who spoke some truths about Hollywood and being bipolar.

Same with George Michael; his music was good but when you hear how much he anonymously gave to charities it does make you appreciate someone more.

Saddest death of 2016 still has to be Alan Rickman for me :((

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:37 pm 

Her mum on the way out now by the looks of it, breaking news on the beeb that she's been rushed to hospital.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:42 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Her mum on the way out now by the looks of it, breaking news on the beeb that she's been rushed to hospital.

Grim.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:50 pm 

Salanya wrote:

FFS, are you fcuking kidding me??? :?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:55 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Salanya wrote:

I wish I was; someone send me a pic on Facebook. Just ignore the twitter bit, and just imagine a sad little dog waiting for its owner to come home (in the knowledge that the owner is dead).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:01 am 

Salanya wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Salanya wrote:

I wish I was; someone send me a pic on Facebook. Just ignore the twitter bit, and just imagine a sad little dog waiting for its owner to come home (in the knowledge that the owner is dead).

I name the dog "Globus".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:02 am 

Apparently her filming for the next Star Wars was already done, so perhaps minimal CGI required to write her out.

Of all the 2016 deaths, this one has bummed me out the most. She wasn't the biggest name, or the most talented, of those who exited stage left this year, but shit, as a 40 year old Star Wars has been an integral part of my life since I was a kid. One of my enduring childhood memories is of my father telling me I could open my eyes because the scene with the Rancor was over when we went to see Return of The Jedi in the cinema. I'm not ashamed of loving Star Wars and I hope to sit down with my daughter to watch them (she's 6 next month but I think it may be a bit early for Episode IV , and I'll be damned if she watches the film in anything other than release date order, fudge Jar Jar Binks and his child friendly Uncle Tomfoolery).

I was also shocked she was only 60, I have to say I'd clocked her as older given how she looked, although her life was pretty tough given the substance abuse and mental health issues.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:33 am 

appearing as a CGI younger version alongside a CGI younger version of deceased actor, Peter Cushing in Rogue One may have been her last Horcrux :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:34 am 

The Man Without Fear wrote:
Apparently her filming for the next Star Wars was already done, so perhaps minimal CGI required to write her out.

Of all the 2016 deaths, this one has bummed me out the most. She wasn't the biggest name, or the most talented, of those who exited stage left this year, but shit, as a 40 year old Star Wars has been an integral part of my life since I was a kid. One of my enduring childhood memories is of my father telling me I could open my eyes because the scene with the Rancor was over when we went to see Return of The Jedi in the cinema. I'm not ashamed of loving Star Wars and I hope to sit down with my daughter to watch them (she's 6 next month but I think it may be a bit early for Episode IV , and I'll be damned if she watches the film in anything other than release date order, f**k Jar Jar Binks and his child friendly Uncle Tomfoolery).

I was also shocked she was only 60, I have to say I'd clocked her as older given how she looked, although her life was pretty tough given the substance abuse and mental health issues.

Yeah - not sure why - but her death feels worse than the others - possibly because Star Wars was so iconic and a bit of a Fairy Tale - and because she wasn't on screen that much in the intervening years I only, really, remember her as that young fairy tale princess.

Star Wars isn't, by a long shot, the greatest of films - but I've never come out of the cinema with such a great buzz, as I did seeing that film when it was released. There really hadn't been anything like it before.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:37 am 

And now her mum has died as well. :(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/88006829/carrie-fishers-mother-debbie-reynolds-rushed-to-hospital--report

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:08 pm 

Salanya wrote:

Bit dusty here :(

Very sad loss, too early. I like Star Wars but I'm not a big fan, and didn't know a lot about her as an actress, but really rated her as someone who spoke some truths about Hollywood and being bipolar.

Same with George Michael; his music was good but when you hear how much he anonymously gave to charities it does make you appreciate someone more.

Saddest death of 2016 still has to be Alan Rickman for me :((

:shock: i missed that news.
pffffff sad, i liked his vilain roles. What took him is such an horror too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:15 pm 

Fat Old Git wrote:

RR

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76743

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:21 pm 

Another great moment

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:24 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Salanya wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Salanya wrote:

I name the dog "Globus".

Why?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 pm 

Globus mode/ When I was working on The Force Awakens all my scenes were with her. I tell you what she drank a lot of Coca Cola.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm 

Her bio is 99p on Amazon today, kindle daily deals
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Daily-D ... =341689031

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 pm 

globus wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Salanya wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Salanya wrote:

I name the dog "Globus".

Why?

It's brown nosed all other dogs butts and won't stop yapping about it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:49 pm 

Worked for me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 pm 

Quote:
An autopsy shows that Carrie Fisher had cocaine, heroin and ecstasy in her system at the time of her death in addition to various opiates

That's insane.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:18 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Quote:
An autopsy shows that Carrie Fisher had cocaine, heroin and ecstasy in her system at the time of her death in addition to various opiates

That's insane.

Why? This was her life ffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 pm 

c69 wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Quote:

That's insane.

Exactly. No surprise. Snort some coke, smoke a cig, smoke some H, drop some MDMA. She talked widely about her drug use.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 pm 

c69 wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Quote:

That's insane.

'Was' being the word.