Planet Rugby Forum
http://forum.planetrugby.com/

Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby
http://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77946
Page 5 of 5

Author:  assfly [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

saffer13 wrote:
Tbf, very few SA teams have a good track record in this regard with intl signings.


Perhaps he inspired Bosch to try that little grubber at the end :nod:

But ja, apart from Michalak we have Fat Stevens, Mouritz Botha, Jack Wilson, Hernandez, that Aussie lock from a couple of seasons ago.

Author:  Sards [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

assfly wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Tbf, very few SA teams have a good track record in this regard with intl signings.


Perhaps he inspired Bosch to try that little grubber at the end :nod:

But ja, apart from Michalak we have Fat Stevens, Mouritz Botha, Jack Wilson, Hernandez, that Aussie lock from a couple of seasons ago.

Maybe there's some kind of agreement in place

Author:  Beaver_Shark [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

saffer13 wrote:
assfly wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Yeah. That's always the unknown: how long coaches will persist with idiots.


He came to the right place to try. We've an incredible list of bad signings :blush:


Tbf, very few SA teams have a good track record in this regard with intl signings.


For sheer incompetence no signing will ever be worse for us than Epi Taione. His 40min cameo against the Waratahs in the 2008 semi-final is the single worst performance by any player in the history of Super Rugby.

Author:  Sards [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

Beaver_Shark wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
assfly wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Yeah. That's always the unknown: how long coaches will persist with idiots.


He came to the right place to try. We've an incredible list of bad signings :blush:


Tbf, very few SA teams have a good track record in this regard with intl signings.


For sheer incompetence no signing will ever be worse for us than Epi Taione. His 40min cameo against the Waratahs in the 2008 semi-final is the single worst performance by any player in the history of Super Rugby.

Eisch

Author:  Beaver_Shark [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

assfly wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Tbf, very few SA teams have a good track record in this regard with intl signings.


Perhaps he inspired Bosch to try that little grubber at the end :nod:

But ja, apart from Michalak we have Fat Stevens, Mouritz Botha, Jack Wilson, Hernandez, that Aussie lock from a couple of seasons ago.

You left out Andy Goode :lol:

Author:  assfly [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

Oh sweet lord :lol: those are the two worst signings ever

Author:  Bokkom [ Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

Beaver_Shark wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
assfly wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Yeah. That's always the unknown: how long coaches will persist with idiots.


He came to the right place to try. We've an incredible list of bad signings :blush:


Tbf, very few SA teams have a good track record in this regard with intl signings.


For sheer incompetence no signing will ever be worse for us than Epi Taione. His 40min cameo against the Waratahs in the 2008 semi-final is the single worst performance by any player in the history of Super Rugby.


I remember I felt so bad for his sake on the day.

Poor chap.

Author:  Sards [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 2 2017 Soup rugby

Just a reminder for the Brumbies supporters to get something going

Author:  OomPB [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

All the Brumbie supporters flounce like Ox. If the Sharks win and they should, we'll have Ox back again.

Author:  Zakar [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

You're a strange lot.

A game thread will likely be started when teams are arrounced.

Author:  OomPB [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Zakar wrote:
You're a strange lot.

A game thread will likely be started when teams are arrounced.

The Shorks dont win that often.

Author:  saffer13 [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

OomPB wrote:
Zakar wrote:
You're a strange lot.

A game thread will likely be started when teams are arrounced.

The Shorks dont win that often.

Zakar - oomPB and Sard have both been reviving these old threads of late for some reason.

Author:  Sards [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Zakar wrote:
You're a strange lot.

A game thread will likely be started when teams are arrounced.

The Shorks dont win that often.

Zakar - oomPB and Sard have both been reviving these old threads of late for some reason.


So we can be enthralled by your illustrious contributions

Author:  Chilli [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Super kak lazy is what they are.

Author:  Sards [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Chilli wrote:
Super kak lazy is what they are.

It's genius...watch ....

Author:  mightyreds [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Sards wrote:
Sharks were ghastly vs the Reds. Should be a man shaming like nothing we have seen prior.

Brumbies vs Sharks

When....tomorrow.


I read 3 pages and it seems no one has grasped that the Sharks haven't even played the Reds - are you talking about last year, Sards? - that's not relevant in 2018. As for the Brumbies, it's amusing how when a team hits a slump, people start to produce bizarre and far-fetched explanations. Some Yo-Yo on rugby.com.au was this week tweeting that the whole poor start to the season by the Bs is due to the departure of Scott Fardy, who 'at the time of leaving Australia was still the best 6 in the country' (wrong; that was Dempsey ). SF has been a great servant of Brumbies rugby, but struggled to produce his RWC form after 2015, and McCaffrey is already playing better than Scotty was last year. When you look at how they are travelling, the issue is clearly something affecting the whole squad, not related to a single player. The Brumbies have a considerably stronger squad than when they won the conference last year, all their new players are playing well, but aspects of traditional Brumbies style are suddenly missing: I see the key ones as scrum power, fitness/the ability to change the pace of the game, and the rolling mall(this one only dating from the Jake White era). The most likely story to explain that is that they have lost one of Australia's best coaches, and the new guy is struggling to get up to pace with Super Rugby. It's however surprising to see the forwards getting towelled with Laurie Fisher running the show, so I can't figure that one...

Author:  sunnybanana [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

It’s last year’s thread.

Author:  assfly [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

mightyreds wrote:
I read 3 pages and it seems no one has grasped that the Sharks haven't even played the Reds - are you talking about last year, Sards? - that's not relevant in 2018. As for the Brumbies, it's amusing how when a team hits a slump, people start to produce bizarre and far-fetched explanations. Some Yo-Yo on rugby.com.au was this week tweeting that the whole poor start to the season by the Bs is due to the departure of Scott Fardy, who 'at the time of leaving Australia was still the best 6 in the country' (wrong; that was Dempsey ). SF has been a great servant of Brumbies rugby, but struggled to produce his RWC form after 2015, and McCaffrey is already playing better than Scotty was last year. When you look at how they are travelling, the issue is clearly something affecting the whole squad, not related to a single player. The Brumbies have a considerably stronger squad than when they won the conference last year, all their new players are playing well, but aspects of traditional Brumbies style are suddenly missing: I see the key ones as scrum power, fitness/the ability to change the pace of the game, and the rolling mall(this one only dating from the Jake White era). The most likely story to explain that is that they have lost one of Australia's best coaches, and the new guy is struggling to get up to pace with Super Rugby. It's however surprising to see the forwards getting towelled with Laurie Fisher running the show, so I can't figure that one...


Paragraphs are your friend.

Author:  Sards [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

sunnybanana wrote:
It’s last year’s thread.


One of them can initiate a fresh thread when the teams get announced.....there is so little interest on the board lately it just seem easier to rehash old threads.

Author:  sunnybanana [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Sards wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
It’s last year’s thread.


One of them can initiate a fresh thread when the teams get announced.....there is so little interest on the board lately it just seem easier to rehash old threads.


I was just clarifying for ‘mightyreds’

Author:  Sards [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

sunnybanana wrote:
Sards wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
It’s last year’s thread.


One of them can initiate a fresh thread when the teams get announced.....there is so little interest on the board lately it just seem easier to rehash old threads.


I was just clarifying for ‘mightyreds’


:thumbup:

Author:  village [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Didn't Gregor Townsend also have a less than stellar cameo career with the Sharks?

Author:  Chilli [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

village wrote:
Didn't Gregor Townsend also have a less than stellar cameo career with the Sharks?

Most players have a less than stellar cameo career at the Sharks. Except the Frenchie that they signed last year.

Author:  assfly [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

Chilli wrote:
village wrote:
Didn't Gregor Townsend also have a less than stellar cameo career with the Sharks?

Most players have a less than stellar cameo career at the Sharks. Except the Frenchie that they signed last year.


We have had a mixed bag with international signings. I thought Freddie Michalak was great for the Sharks, helped us get to the final in 2012 on the back of some great performances.

We had a couple of other Frenchies in the late 1990s, a flyhalf and a lock, can't remember their names.

The English sigings were awful - Goode, Botha and Stevens. I assume that was John Smit's influence.

Hernandez was pretty average for his short stint.

And then there was that crazy Tongan guy who loved red cards :lol:

But it is clear that the Sharks are very much a sought-after team to play for, both for local and international players.

Author:  Wilson's Toffee [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brumbies vs Sharks round 5 2018 Soup rugby

assfly wrote:
Chilli wrote:
village wrote:
Didn't Gregor Townsend also have a less than stellar cameo career with the Sharks?

Most players have a less than stellar cameo career at the Sharks. Except the Frenchie that they signed last year.


We have had a mixed bag with international signings. I thought Freddie Michalak was great for the Sharks, helped us get to the final in 2012 on the back of some great performances.

We had a couple of other Frenchies in the late 1990s, a flyhalf and a lock, can't remember their names.

The English sigings were awful - Goode, Botha and Stevens. I assume that was John Smit's influence.

Hernandez was pretty average for his short stint.

And then there was that crazy Tongan guy who loved red cards :lol:

But it is clear that the Sharks are very much a sought-after team to play for, both for local and international players.


The quality of sun and surf, Durban Poison and easy girls. Without par, in the world ..

Page 5 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/