Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11269
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I think we will see a bit of a Bok backlash this year. Maybe not beating the All Blacks, but I hope we can get back to second in the Rugby Championship, which should see us climb the rankings.


Hope isn't a strategy mate.

Your player depth is the weakest that it's ever been. You apparently have a shit coach who I'm told was appointed because of politics, not ability. And every year more and more of your finest young players flee the country, in search of fortune and safety. You lost every game on last year's EOYT ffs. And the year before you lost to f**king Japan. Things are only going to get worse for South African Rugby.

You seem like a very angry individual. We have a sh1t coach and we are in a cycle of players that are not really up to it and we have lost a lot of players to France, the UK and Japan. All I've said is that I think we will do better this year. If you don't agree with that, that's fine boet. No need to bitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
handyman wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I think we will see a bit of a Bok backlash this year. Maybe not beating the All Blacks, but I hope we can get back to second in the Rugby Championship, which should see us climb the rankings.


Hope isn't a strategy mate.

Your player depth is the weakest that it's ever been. You apparently have a shit coach who I'm told was appointed because of politics, not ability. And every year more and more of your finest young players flee the country, in search of fortune and safety. You lost every game on last year's EOYT ffs. And the year before you lost to f**king Japan. Things are only going to get worse for South African Rugby.

You seem like a very angry individual. We have a sh1t coach and we are in a cycle of players that are not really up to it and we have lost a lot of players to France, the UK and Japan. All I've said is that I think we will do better this year. If you don't agree with that, that's fine boet. No need to bitch.


Which part of my post indicated anger? Au contraire, I've never been happier. Seeing the once mighty Boks slip to a laughable 7th on the WR rankings is hilarious. The funniest part is that Bok fans such as yourself still think things will turn around organically, without fundamental, systemic changes. You still think that the only thing holding you back from being world beaters is a half decent coach. That mindset is absolutely ridiculous. It's taken years for the Springboks to become as bad as they are, and they are only getting worse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11269
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I think we will see a bit of a Bok backlash this year. Maybe not beating the All Blacks, but I hope we can get back to second in the Rugby Championship, which should see us climb the rankings.


Hope isn't a strategy mate.

Your player depth is the weakest that it's ever been. You apparently have a shit coach who I'm told was appointed because of politics, not ability. And every year more and more of your finest young players flee the country, in search of fortune and safety. You lost every game on last year's EOYT ffs. And the year before you lost to f**king Japan. Things are only going to get worse for South African Rugby.

You seem like a very angry individual. We have a sh1t coach and we are in a cycle of players that are not really up to it and we have lost a lot of players to France, the UK and Japan. All I've said is that I think we will do better this year. If you don't agree with that, that's fine boet. No need to bitch.


Which part of my post indicated anger? Au contraire, I've never been happier. Seeing the once mighty Boks slip to a laughable 7th on the WR rankings is hilarious. The funniest part is that Bok fans such as yourself still think things will turn around organically, without fundamental, systemic changes. You still think that the only thing holding you back from being world beaters is a half decent coach. That mindset is absolutely ridiculous. It's taken years for the Springboks to become as bad as they are, and they are only getting worse.

I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:14 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14986
Get a kiwi coach. Ffs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16233
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I think we will see a bit of a Bok backlash this year. Maybe not beating the All Blacks, but I hope we can get back to second in the Rugby Championship, which should see us climb the rankings.


Hope isn't a strategy mate.

Your player depth is the weakest that it's ever been. You apparently have a shit coach who I'm told was appointed because of politics, not ability. And every year more and more of your finest young players flee the country, in search of fortune and safety. You lost every game on last year's EOYT ffs. And the year before you lost to f**king Japan. Things are only going to get worse for South African Rugby.

What an ignorant post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14986
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.


So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
Rinkals wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I think we will see a bit of a Bok backlash this year. Maybe not beating the All Blacks, but I hope we can get back to second in the Rugby Championship, which should see us climb the rankings.


Hope isn't a strategy mate.

Your player depth is the weakest that it's ever been. You apparently have a shit coach who I'm told was appointed because of politics, not ability. And every year more and more of your finest young players flee the country, in search of fortune and safety. You lost every game on last year's EOYT ffs. And the year before you lost to f**king Japan. Things are only going to get worse for South African Rugby.

What an ignorant post.


Which part of my post isn't 100% fact based?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:26 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14986
Ali's Choice wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.


So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.

Same things were said about England before Eddie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31534
Location: Chickenrunning...
Ali's Choice wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I think we will see a bit of a Bok backlash this year. Maybe not beating the All Blacks, but I hope we can get back to second in the Rugby Championship, which should see us climb the rankings.


Hope isn't a strategy mate.

Your player depth is the weakest that it's ever been. You apparently have a shit coach who I'm told was appointed because of politics, not ability. And every year more and more of your finest young players flee the country, in search of fortune and safety. You lost every game on last year's EOYT ffs. And the year before you lost to f**king Japan. Things are only going to get worse for South African Rugby.

What an ignorant post.


Which part of my post isn't 100% fact based?


All of it is fact. You must be so proud of yourself you giant bellend


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.


So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.

Same things were said about England before Eddie.


Dumb post. Made by a seriously dumb poster.

England have had the right structures in place for a while. Excellent academies, centralised contracts and agreements in place with the clubs to manage the workload of players. They also aren't losing players like SA are. In fact, they are a net importer of talent, with players from across the globe flocking to the premiership. The frustration with England prior to their current run of wins was that they had so much right off the field, but their on-field results didn't match up. The opposite is the case for South Africa, the SARU are absolutely dreadful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19520
Ali's Choice wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.


So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.


I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.

This year, with the SA franchises all moving to a more modern and expansive game, it might be even more difficult for Coetzee, especially if two or three SA franchises do reasonably well. The one option for him would be to virtually abdicate his responsibilities to Franco Smith, which I don't see him doing.

His recent comments that it will be about "winning rugby" rather than "entertaining rugby" (aka modern rugby) is disturbing as he still seems to view the two as mutually exclusive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
Jensrsa wrote:
I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.


If that is the case Jensrsa, then it is almost impossible to see South Africa improving from their current WR ranking of 7th in the near future. Most of the other top nations are improving. "Young talent", coupled with a defense oriented coach of questionable ability is not a recipe for success. I just cannot see the Springboks improving unless serious reforms are made at SARU board level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19520
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.


If that is the case Jensrsa, then it is almost impossible to see South Africa improving from their current WR ranking of 7th in the near future. Most of the other top nations are improving. "Young talent", coupled with a defense oriented coach of questionable ability is not a recipe for success. I just cannot see the Springboks improving unless serious reforms are made at SARU board level.


I agree that we it is more hope than confidence that there will be an improvement


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31534
Location: Chickenrunning...
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.


If that is the case Jensrsa, then it is almost impossible to see South Africa improving from their current WR ranking of 7th in the near future. Most of the other top nations are improving. "Young talent", coupled with a defense oriented coach of questionable ability is not a recipe for success. I just cannot see the Springboks improving unless serious reforms are made at SARU board level.

You forgot to say how happy this makes you, you twat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
Sandstorm wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.


If that is the case Jensrsa, then it is almost impossible to see South Africa improving from their current WR ranking of 7th in the near future. Most of the other top nations are improving. "Young talent", coupled with a defense oriented coach of questionable ability is not a recipe for success. I just cannot see the Springboks improving unless serious reforms are made at SARU board level.

You forgot to say how happy this makes you, you twat


Of f**k off. When the All Blacks lose this forum celebrates for weeks. And yet you're tearfully demanding All Black fans shed tears when the Springboks are at their lowest ebb? I can guarantee that if the All Blacks had just slipped down to 7th on the WR rankings, this forum would be partying like it was Mardi Gras.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:57 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14986
.


Last edited by CrazyIslander on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11269
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

For a start, AC have a lot more time for planning this year. Lets hope he used it well. The coaching staff are also better with Franco Smith and hopefully Brendan Venter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14986
Ali's Choice wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.


So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.

Same things were said about England before Eddie.


Dumb post. Made by a seriously dumb poster.

England have had the right structures in place for a while. Excellent academies, centralised contracts and agreements in place with the clubs to manage the workload of players. They also aren't losing players like SA are. In fact, they are a net importer of talent, with players from across the globe flocking to the premiership. The frustration with England prior to their current run of wins was that they had so much right off the field, but their on-field results didn't match up. The opposite is the case for South Africa, the SARU are absolutely dreadful.

Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?[/quote]
Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.[/quote]

So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.[/quote]
Same things were said about England before Eddie.[/quote]

Dumb post. Made by a seriously dumb poster.

England have had the right structures in place for a while. Excellent academies, centralised contracts and agreements in place with the clubs to manage the workload of players. They also aren't losing players like SA are. In fact, they are a net importer of talent, with players from across the globe flocking to the premiership. The frustration with England prior to their current run of wins was that they had so much right off the field, but their on-field results didn't match up. The opposite is the case for South Africa, the SARU are absolutely dreadful.[/quote]


Only an idiot, a really fvcking idiot, would say the Boks cannot become no.1 in the world again. Sure things aren't right but we know that. The results speaks for itself. We don't need some dickhead captain obvious to tell us that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31534
Location: Chickenrunning...
Ali's Choice wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.


If that is the case Jensrsa, then it is almost impossible to see South Africa improving from their current WR ranking of 7th in the near future. Most of the other top nations are improving. "Young talent", coupled with a defense oriented coach of questionable ability is not a recipe for success. I just cannot see the Springboks improving unless serious reforms are made at SARU board level.

You forgot to say how happy this makes you, you twat


Of f**k off. When the All Blacks lose this forum celebrates for weeks. And yet you're tearfully demanding All Black fans shed tears when the Springboks are at their lowest ebb? I can guarantee that if the All Blacks had just slipped down to 7th on the WR rankings, this forum would be partying like it was Mardi Gras.


Actually you're the only Kiwi fan celebrating the Boks loss of form, you enormous ballsack

Everyone else wants a strong Bok Team in Workd Rugby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1003
This thread is a prime example of why I and dozens if not 100s of long time original posters don't really come here any more.

:?

This place is dogshit

inb4 who are you?
inb4 don't let the door hit you on the way out again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
handyman wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

For a start, AC have a lot more time for planning this year. Lets hope he used it well. The coaching staff are also better with Franco Smith and hopefully Brendan Venter.


Finally some actual arguments for an improved Springboks team. As I said previously, hope is not a strategy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34516
Location: Queensland
Sandstorm wrote:
Actually you're the only Kiwi fan celebrating the Boks loss of form, you enormous ballsack

Everyone else wants a strong Bok Team in Workd Rugby


Your country proudly refused to let our Polynesian players tour back in the day because of racism. You didn't respect players of colour enough to let them play Rugby against you. And just a few decades later you want me to cry because your team is in decline? Grow up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34469
Location: Planet Rock
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
So you think that the Springboks will improve because "the talent is there"? Despite the fact that they are currently ranked 7th in the world and their pool of talent is diminishing with each passing year? You really are a shit-for-brains.

Same things were said about England before Eddie.

Said by you maybe. However no one with a brain was saying that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4660
At least we now know where Ali's Choice weird online personality stems from. Why didn't he just acknowledged earlier his deep resentment for South Africans in general because of past racist policies instead of trolling poverty and AIDS victims?

:thumbup: Good luck with fighting those demons, boet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 46750
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Ali's Choice wrote:
centralised contracts


Lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10704
Location: Kenya
Easy fishing today :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4337
Dryden wrote:
This thread is a prime example of why I and dozens if not 100s of long time original posters don't really come here any more.

:?

This place is dogshit

inb4 who are you?
inb4 don't let the door hit you on the way out again.

It's because dozens if not 100s of long time original blowhards as yourself don't really come here that this place has turned to dogshit. So blame yourself you miserable grumpy old cunt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10392
Location: Texas
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.
Probably not done since the legendary Topsy Ojo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18084
Mr Mike wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.
Probably not done since the legendary Topsy Ojo.


"Probably not done" was enough, Mike.

Neither Kriel nor Pollard scored two tries vs the ABs on debut


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34636
Location: Hut 8
Ali's Choice wrote:
Which part of my post indicated anger? Au contraire, I've never been happier. Seeing the once mighty Boks slip to a laughable 7th on the WR rankings is hilarious

That makes you a prick tho'. Having sides getting weaker is hardly going to do the game overall any good and even you will tire of the ABs thrashing hapless opponents.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 46750
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Which part of my post indicated anger? Au contraire, I've never been happier. Seeing the once mighty Boks slip to a laughable 7th on the WR rankings is hilarious

That makes you a prick tho'. Having sides getting weaker is hardly going to do the game overall any good and even you will tire of the ABs thrashing hapless opponents.


Maybe, but by God he's going to exhaust his list of uncomfortable sexual analogies before that day comes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5041
Ali's Choice wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
I believe the "talent is there", however it is young talent, inexperienced at international level and Coetzee showed last year that he doesn't really know how to use the type of talent that is coming through having spent most of his recent career coaching a defence-based game.


If that is the case Jensrsa, then it is almost impossible to see South Africa improving from their current WR ranking of 7th in the near future. Most of the other top nations are improving. "Young talent", coupled with a defense oriented coach of questionable ability is not a recipe for success. I just cannot see the Springboks improving unless serious reforms are made at SARU board level.

You forgot to say how happy this makes you, you twat


Of f**k off. When the All Blacks lose this forum celebrates for weeks. And yet you're tearfully demanding All Black fans shed tears when the Springboks are at their lowest ebb? I can guarantee that if the All Blacks had just slipped down to 7th on the WR rankings, this forum would be partying like it was Mardi Gras.



Equating the rare occurrence of another team beating the All Black with the current Springbok predicament is, to be kind, disingenuous. Of course fans will cheer for the massive underdog but only a few of the nastier trolls on here would want to see the AB’s heading their way to 2nd tier status.


Last edited by Calculus on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35617
Location: Innie Kaap
I cant see the screen with ACs cum all over it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30704
LandOTurk wrote:
Tighthead wrote:
Sadly, that's what losses to Ireland, England and Italy deserve.


And Wales.


And Japan.

And Argentina.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19520
At least we're still in the Top 10. Not bad out of 190 plus countries


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11269
Jensrsa wrote:
At least we're still in the Top 10. Not bad out of 190 plus countries

op jou stukke vandag haha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10183
naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
handyman wrote:
I didn't say we are going to be worldbeaters, I said I suspect we will see some improvement.


Fair enough. But based on what? Your player depth decreases every year. So what do you think will drive this improvement that you suspect will happen? Improved academy programs? Improved coaching standards? Enhanced talent identification systems? Or hope?

Seriously you idiot. The talent is there. Ithink both Kriel and Pollard both score two tries vs the ABs on debut. Not many players can do that.
Probably not done since the legendary Topsy Ojo.


"Probably not done" was enough, Mike.

Neither Kriel nor Pollard scored two tries vs the ABs on debut


I presume him means debut against the AB's. If so, Pollard did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18084
Pollard's debut against the ABs was the 2014 loss in Wellington, no tries there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andalu, Banana Man, bessantj, Biffer29, Birdy, booji boy, Bowtie, canine, Captain Average, ChipSpike, clydecloggie, CrazyIslander, David990, Fritz Lung, Google Adsense [Bot], Jumper, Leinsterbloke, Leinsterman, Liathroidigloine, Lobby, Luckycharmer, Magpie26, Margin_Walker, Mog The Almighty, Monk Zombie, Mr Fedora, normilet, OomPB, P in VG, Plato'sCave, redderneck, Rinkals, Rugby2023, sewa, slick, sockwithaticket, Steamin Beamin, tazman77, Ted., The Sun God, Turbogoat and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group