Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 36681
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
A simple yes would have sufficed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 55617
Quote:
Communists and You have in common.




They're one and the same where chubs is concerned.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 36681
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Communists and You have in common.




They're one and the same where chubs is concerned.

Play nice Mr IRA terrorist apologist


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 55617
c69 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Communists and You have in common.




They're one and the same where chubs is concerned.

Play nice Mr IRA terrorist apologist



Haven't you got some workers to starve to death for the greater good ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11458
Location: Europe
why don't you guys keep the bantz for the CPAP thread, I want to hear more about those guides


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22268
Location: Big Willi Style
Which adidas are they? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 349
DragsterDriver wrote:
Which adidas are they? :)


Some designed by Porsche which are the best, some blades like bladerunner, others ordinary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
So Trump has now turned a regional effort to restore democracy in Venezuela to a regional effort to thwart the "imperialistic" ambitions of the USA. Well done.

Pence got a lovely dressing down from Santos, Colombia's President.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/14/polit ... index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 21950
Reagan would have him long dead by now and the people back to prosperity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Mullet 2 wrote:
Reagan would have him long dead by now and the people back to prosperity

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 349
Life under Venezuelan Socialism well it's really probably communism.

The official exchange rate is still 10 to the USD the free market (Black) rate is now 52,000, at the
end of June it was 4,400 to the USD and late August 20,000.

My Druze friend has a appliance shop where most of the goods are priced at about half of
there replacement cost which he has to use USD for.
It is impossible for a retailer to make money with hyper inflation especially with Government
controls on your profit margins (30%).

I have lost one of my guides on Margarita as an Arabic boyfriend brought her silicone and a car.

No problem Manual my 20yr University Student Gofer has lined me up with a new guide every day
in Caracas I'm only to happy to help these girls with a scholarship.

Very little for me to export now except hand tools been buying Stanley 38mm chisels for $1.50,
Chinese ones for 20c, 100's of 3M sandpaper for 1c per sheet, Octopus driwall trowels for under $1,
vice grips for around $1, pliers from 15c to a $1 the list goes on.

Best restaurants filet steak, Lobster, fresh fish $2 - $3, the 4 star hotel is down to $4 per night and the
taxis are 10c - 25c, coke is hard to find but fresh fruit drinks are plentiful at 20c.

Last I looked petrol was still one bolivar per litre that is 52,000 litre for a dollar crazy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11458
Location: Europe
xhooker wrote:
I have lost one of my guides on Margarita as an Arabic boyfriend brought her silicone and a car.

No problem Manual my 20yr University Student Gofer has lined me up with a new guide every day
in Caracas I'm only to happy to help these girls with a scholarship.

:thumbup:

but still the regime has some popular support, no ? how long do you think it can last


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 349
but still the regime has some popular support, no ? how long do you think it can last[/quote]

...............................................................................................................................................

I think the regime has about 20% support from the general population.

The military are big part of the government Chavism grew from the military and today about a third of
ministers are active military and all new recruits are subject to full indoctrination in Bolivian Socialism
as first part of there training they come out like born again Christians or Allah's lot.

The opposition are fractured into maybe 6 different groups with no sign of unification in the future.

I don't know how the richest country on earth can get rid of Socialism
Not from the Military as they are a big part of the Government.
Not from the Unions (Poland style) as all striking workers in the oil industry have been replaced by
party loyalists (now oil production is down to a seventh per worker as before the strike)
Not from the legal system as most judges and all the supreme court have been replaced by party loyalists.
Not from democracy as last national elections the Government got 18% of the vote and got the supreme court to nullify the elected parliament.

That only leaves a mass uprising by the people it would be bloody


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
I see new presidential elections have been called, while the opposition is busy fighting with each other and nonsensically boycotting elections. Maduro is so unpopular it's going to require a serious ballot box stuffing exercise to get him re-elected you'd think.

In other news they killed the rogue policeman, Oscar Perez, who stole the helicopter and dropped grenades onto the national assembly.

I also hear the Venezuelans are trying to keep people in the country and not allowing them to leave, which doesn't bode well for my girlfriend who is visiting on Monday. Tough to figure out what is not propaganda and what is real information though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 7745
Location: Newport, Gwent
Mullet 2 wrote:
Reagan would have him long dead by now and the people back to prosperity


The fact that he hasn't done this from beyond the grave shows what a piece of crap he really was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 21950
Trump needs to step up here.

Send in the 1st Marines to the strains of Rock Me Like a Hurricane.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Maduro wins the presidential elections with some 65% of the vote. A huge vote of confidence in his rule and repudiation of the opposition.

:uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11458
Location: Europe
poor venezuela

wonder how xhooker's "guides" voted ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Akkerman wrote:
poor venezuela

wonder how xhooker's "guides" voted ?


My girlfriends family didn't vote. The first time ever she said. There was a huge amount of apathy.

I'm wondering about the effectiveness of boycotting the vote and abstaining though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:24 am
Posts: 42
Is Venezuela not still oil rich?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Fly Half wrote:
Is Venezuela not still oil rich?


It needs oil prices to be higher to be profitable. And now the rot has set in they've mismanaged their oil fields and state-owned oil company so their production is way, way down. They can't afford parts, or can't get them due to US sanctions. Plus brain drain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
That's right, Venezuelans would rather have no toilet paper than be ruled by right wingers!

Before the United States decides to impose even more economic sanctions for such a result, did it ever occur to them that the no toilet paper thing might be because of the economic sanctions already in place?

It is one of the favourite questions from the rabid right over the last few years, how is socialism working out in Venezuela? Have they ever considered how that country might fare without economic meddling by the United States?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 55617
Bullettyme wrote:
Fly Half wrote:
Is Venezuela not still oil rich?


It needs oil prices to be higher to be profitable. And now the rot has set in they've mismanaged their oil fields and state-owned oil company so their production is way, way down. They can't afford parts, or can't get them due to US sanctions. Plus brain drain.



Prices are higher than when the fields were built, the rot is they're run by corrupt communists not that oil prices need to be higher, they're base cost of production is 1/2 that of US shale which is ticking along again .....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33467
Location: Pigdogistan
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78616


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
There's a catch all thread for this located just a bit further down the page.

Whatever the previous merits of change in Venezuelan society and poverty alleviation are completely moot now, the government is controlled by drug runners and a new oligarchy beholden to the military and Cuban security.

The toilet paper isn't because of US sanctions, it's because of currency and price controls by the Venezuelan government so it's completely un-economical to manufacture toilet paper now, along with many other things. Although not entirely the PSUVs fault, they've also neglected any part of their economy that is not oil so they relied on imports, even to manufacture things, which are ridiculously expensive now.

Maduro is a dictator with limited legitimacy, if any at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
bimboman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Fly Half wrote:
Is Venezuela not still oil rich?


It needs oil prices to be higher to be profitable. And now the rot has set in they've mismanaged their oil fields and state-owned oil company so their production is way, way down. They can't afford parts, or can't get them due to US sanctions. Plus brain drain.



Prices are higher than when the fields were built, the rot is they're run by corrupt communists not that oil prices need to be higher, they're base cost of production is 1/2 that of US shale which is ticking along again .....
You can't even spell their properly so I'm not sure you have a lot to add.

You also missed out the bit about US sanctions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
bimboman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Fly Half wrote:
Is Venezuela not still oil rich?


It needs oil prices to be higher to be profitable. And now the rot has set in they've mismanaged their oil fields and state-owned oil company so their production is way, way down. They can't afford parts, or can't get them due to US sanctions. Plus brain drain.



Prices are higher than when the fields were built, the rot is they're run by corrupt communists not that oil prices need to be higher, they're base cost of production is 1/2 that of US shale which is ticking along again .....


So, exactly what I said yeah. Just I didn't include the hysteria.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
Bullettyme wrote:
There's a catch all thread for this located just a bit further down the page.

Whatever the previous merits of change in Venezuelan society and poverty alleviation are completely moot now, the government is controlled by drug runners and a new oligarchy beholden to the military and Cuban security.

The toilet paper isn't because of US sanctions, it's because of currency and price controls by the Venezuelan government so it's completely un-economical to manufacture toilet paper now, along with many other things. Although not entirely the PSUVs fault, they've also neglected any part of their economy that is not oil so they relied on imports, even to manufacture things, which are ridiculously expensive now.

Maduro is a dictator with limited legitimacy, if any at all.
I'm pretty sure the situation would not be the way it is without the very base cause which is US sanctions. They should be allowed to trade freely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Thai guy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
There's a catch all thread for this located just a bit further down the page.

Whatever the previous merits of change in Venezuelan society and poverty alleviation are completely moot now, the government is controlled by drug runners and a new oligarchy beholden to the military and Cuban security.

The toilet paper isn't because of US sanctions, it's because of currency and price controls by the Venezuelan government so it's completely un-economical to manufacture toilet paper now, along with many other things. Although not entirely the PSUVs fault, they've also neglected any part of their economy that is not oil so they relied on imports, even to manufacture things, which are ridiculously expensive now.

Maduro is a dictator with limited legitimacy, if any at all.
I'm pretty sure the situation would not be the way it is with out the very base case which is US sanctions. They should be allowed to trade freely.


There's probably an element of that to be fair from the outset, however there's been rakes of nationalisations of various plants which has seriously disrupted production and which prompted sanctions.

They're also locking up opposition politicians, putting protesters in front of military tribunals, locking up dissidents in secret police prisons as well as firing on unarmed demonstrators, so maybe some sanctions are deserved?

As usual the victims are the ordinary people who now have to deal with rampant violence and hyperinflation.


Last edited by Bullettyme on Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2617
John McDonnell on Venezuela “I don’t think it was a socialist country”

So now we know why its a failed regime.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:35 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8861
Location: Indiana
Per Latin American commentator bloggingsbyboz.com,
the opposition organized a boycott, and turnout was pretty low.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
Bullettyme wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
There's a catch all thread for this located just a bit further down the page.

Whatever the previous merits of change in Venezuelan society and poverty alleviation are completely moot now, the government is controlled by drug runners and a new oligarchy beholden to the military and Cuban security.

The toilet paper isn't because of US sanctions, it's because of currency and price controls by the Venezuelan government so it's completely un-economical to manufacture toilet paper now, along with many other things. Although not entirely the PSUVs fault, they've also neglected any part of their economy that is not oil so they relied on imports, even to manufacture things, which are ridiculously expensive now.

Maduro is a dictator with limited legitimacy, if any at all.
I'm pretty sure the situation would not be the way it is with out the very base case which is US sanctions. They should be allowed to trade freely.


There's probably an element of that to be fair from the outset, however there's been rakes of nationalisations of various plants which has seriously disrupted production and which prompted sanctions.

They're also locking up opposition politicians, putting protesters in front of military tribunals, locking up dissidents in secret police prisons as well as firing on unarmed demonstrators, so maybe some sanctions are deserved?

As usual the victims are the ordinary people who now have to deal with rampant violence and hyperinflation.
Which did come first? The unrest and the 'locking up opposition politicians', or US imposed economic sanctions against energy production in the country?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Per Latin American commentator bloggingsbyboz.com,
the opposition organized a boycott, and turnout was pretty low.


Turnout was 45% or something (I think they're government figures so probably much less), only Henri Falcon of the opposition took part and was branded a traitor for his troubles.

If Maduro has done anything well it has been his complete manhandling of the opposition. They're completely spent, and seem to be busier fighting each other than the regime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14516
Thai guy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
There's a catch all thread for this located just a bit further down the page.

Whatever the previous merits of change in Venezuelan society and poverty alleviation are completely moot now, the government is controlled by drug runners and a new oligarchy beholden to the military and Cuban security.

The toilet paper isn't because of US sanctions, it's because of currency and price controls by the Venezuelan government so it's completely un-economical to manufacture toilet paper now, along with many other things. Although not entirely the PSUVs fault, they've also neglected any part of their economy that is not oil so they relied on imports, even to manufacture things, which are ridiculously expensive now.

Maduro is a dictator with limited legitimacy, if any at all.
I'm pretty sure the situation would not be the way it is with out the very base case which is US sanctions. They should be allowed to trade freely.


There's probably an element of that to be fair from the outset, however there's been rakes of nationalisations of various plants which has seriously disrupted production and which prompted sanctions.

They're also locking up opposition politicians, putting protesters in front of military tribunals, locking up dissidents in secret police prisons as well as firing on unarmed demonstrators, so maybe some sanctions are deserved?

As usual the victims are the ordinary people who now have to deal with rampant violence and hyperinflation.
Which did come first? The unrest and the 'locking up opposition politicians', or US imposed economic sanctions against energy production in the country?


I'm fairly certain there's been no US sanctions on oil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3121
Glaston wrote:
John McDonnell on Venezuela “I don’t think it was a socialist country”

So now we know why its a failed regime.

Of course it is not a socialist country, not even in the european sense of it. There has never been a socialist country in LATAM, none in the very pure sense of it.

Most of the time people tend to confuse populist leftist latinamerican dictatorships with mild center left european socialist. Two different animals.

Venezuela is the first case, a very very rich country that has been governed for the past decade by some mad thieves, they have been doing socialism in benefit of their own pockets.


Last edited by julian on Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
julian wrote:
Glaston wrote:
John McDonnell on Venezuela “I don’t think it was a socialist country”

So now we know why its a failed regime.

Of course it is not a socialist country, not even in the european sense of it. There is never been a socialist country in LATAM, none in the very pure sense of it.

Most of the time people tend to confuse populist leftist latinamerican dictatorships with mild center left european socialist. Two different animals.

Venezuela is the first case, a very very rich country that has been governed for the past decade by some mad thieves, they have been doing socialism in benefit of their own pockets.
It is true I don't know a lot about it but I will listen to a Latin American on this before Tory fuckwits like Bimbo and friends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 4092
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm
Posts: 11677
julian wrote:
Glaston wrote:
John McDonnell on Venezuela “I don’t think it was a socialist country”

So now we know why its a failed regime.

Of course it is not a socialist country, not even in the european sense of it. There has never been a socialist country in LATAM, none in the very pure sense of it.

Most of the time people tend to confuse populist leftist latinamerican dictatorships with mild center left european socialist. Two different animals.

Venezuela is the first case, a very very rich country that has been governed for the past decade by some mad thieves, they have been doing socialism in benefit of their own pockets.

Which country do you view as having the pure sense of it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2503
If Socialism was so good and powerful, how come this socialist country relies on the power of the capitalist US (your words, not mine) to be successful?

How embarrassing, their economic success relies on how a capitalist country dictates their policy :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viva Maduro!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2393
englishchief wrote:
If Socialism was so good and powerful, how come this socialist country relies on the power of the capitalist US (your words, not mine) to be successful?

How embarrassing, their economic success relies on how a capitalist country dictates their policy :lol: :lol:


US is rich due to neo-colonialist pillage you fascist.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Backwoodsman1, Big Nipper, Brazil, camroc1, Crookshank, duke, Fangle, Farva, feckwanker, Flyin Ryan, Google Adsense [Bot], Hawaiian_shirts_rule, hermie, inactionman, koroke hangareka, Liathroidigloine, Monk Zombie, nardol, Pat the Ex Mat, penguin, piquant, RodneyRegis, sockwithaticket, Toulon's Not Toulouse, unseenwork, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group