Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 498  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:24 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Tim. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Great result. Apparently we'll be up to 4th in the world rankings with a win over Fiji next week.

Isn't about time we got proper Southern Hemisphere tours in the calendar now?

What a result. :o

I fear they have locked in the new calendar until 2032 a few months ago. What does your Future Tours Programme look like?

I recall reading that we were back in the tour circuit schedule with test series in Aus, SA and even a tour to NZ

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:26 am 

Russell you magnificent sexy bastard.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:26 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Tim. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Great result. Apparently we'll be up to 4th in the world rankings with a win over Fiji next week.

Isn't about time we got proper Southern Hemisphere tours in the calendar now?

What a result. :o

I fear they have locked in the new calendar until 2032 a few months ago. What does your Future Tours Programme look like?

I recall reading that we were back in the tour circuit schedule with test series in Aus, SA and even a tour to NZ

About time, we need these for the team to kick on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:27 am 

zt1903 wrote:
swc wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
I think I'd rather that Scots didn't get called up to Lions now, would rather have them playing for us next week.

Suggestion is that Dell and Russell could be called up.

Who've Scotland got next week?

Fiji.

If I were Russell I would genuinely tell the Lions to go wrap themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:28 am 

It was also nice to see that Hoggy joined Scotland in Aus instead of flying home :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:34 am 

BlackMac wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
swc wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
I think I'd rather that Scots didn't get called up to Lions now, would rather have them playing for us next week.

Suggestion is that Dell and Russell could be called up.

Who've Scotland got next week?

Fiji.

If I were Russell I would genuinely tell the Lions to go wrap themselves.

With a game like that on Saturday , the knock to his face and Gats saying it is only an invite for a week not a full tourist I hope he might also.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:45 am 

zt1903 wrote:
It was also nice to see that Hoggy joined Scotland in Aus instead of flying home :thumbup:

Very

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am 

Awesome result, haven't seen and of it yet but will catch up later. Was it on sky?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:14 am 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
Awesome result, haven't seen and of it yet but will catch up later. Was it on sky?

Yeah, Exciting game. TBF we profited from a lot of Wallaby profligacy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:15 am 

zt1903 wrote:

https://twitter.com/Scotlandteam/status ... 2895066112

Great to see Hogg (back left) enjoying the win.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:16 am 

A brilliant result!

A decade of cracking matches between the 2 sides, with the aggregate score swinging in Scotland's favour 113-112.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:18 am 

BlackMac wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

Well, a lot of that was down to immense defensive pressure by Scotland, e.g the first try and some of the 5m saves in the second half. But yeah, lucky that Foley mislaid his kicking boots and there were some unforced errors by Oz as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:18 am 

BlackMac wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

That's not necessarily a bad sign, shows a professionalism on how to win away from home. Exciting times, here's hoping this is a sign of things to come with toonie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:39 am 

Just seen a tweet from World Rugby. We're up to 4th in the world now :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 am 

David990 wrote:
Just seen a tweet from World Rugby. We're up to 4th in the world now :D

I think they're wrong. I believe we're 5th

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 am 

I wonder if Price will keep his spot ahead of Laidlaw for the AIs. I hope so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:53 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
I wonder if Price will keep his spot ahead of Laidlaw for the AIs. I hope so.

I reckon so. Price is Toony's man, he's the one in possession, and we have another captain in Barclay. Also, Russell is kicking well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 am 

I think the Bowmore in my cupboard might be getting tanned. How did the back 3 go?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:03 pm 

hp18 wrote:
I think the Bowmore in my cupboard might be getting tanned. How did the back 3 go?

Pretty anonymous. Solid in defence other than a mismatch of epic proportions when Tonks ended up 1-on-1 with Folau. But that was only once in the match. Oz missed a trick there I feel, should have tried to exploit that more.

Tonks did nail a long-range penalty at 3 mins.
Jones had a part in the 3rd try, took the ball forward well and kept up the flow.

Hughes went off injured which moved Taylor out to the wing. Thought that was a mistake as he'd been going well at 12, but Matt Scott had a good game as a replacement centre.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:16 pm 

So Dell and Russell joining the Lions. Dell not a huge problem, but losing Russell is a big issue. Who's next up? Horne or Jackson?

At least it didn't happen prior to today's game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:33 pm 

clydecloggie wrote:
Hughes went off injured which moved Contact out to the wing. Thought that was a mistake as he'd been going well at 12, but Matt Scott had a good game as a replacement centre.

There was no other reasonable option, Tonks isn't a wing and Taylor has more recent experience there than Dunbar. Price moving to wing and Pyrgos on was only other choice which we have seen the result of before.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:17 pm 

Doc Rob wrote:
So Dell and Russell joining the Lions. Dell not a huge problem, but losing Russell is a big issue. Who's next up? Horne or Jackson?

At least it didn't happen prior to today's game.

It's been an amazing season for Dell. Started it at 3rd choice Loosehead at Edinburgh and ended it as a Lion :thumbup:

Surely Jackson to start next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:32 pm 

Disappointing to lose Russell, but it have been the case that Townsend would have started someone else at 10 against Fiji anyway

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:35 pm 

Troll wrote:
Disappointing to lose Russell, but it have been the case that Townsend would have started someone else at 10 against Fiji anyway

It's entirely possible. This tour was about trying out combinations, and he knows what Russell can do well enough. I expect he'd have been subbed on with 20 to go, mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 pm 

I came across some longer highlights on YouTube for anyone that didn't see the match; the BBC ones are pretty short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GXbHFcea0

Includes a much longer buildup to the Watson try.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:36 pm 

Preview ahead of the second Scotland v Australia game of the weekend. Hoping for a similar result for the under 20s...

http://wp.me/p68WtH-6lG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

Graham v Hutchison will be a titanic battle!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:46 pm 

frillage wrote:
Graham v Hutchison will be a titanic battle!

Sink without trace?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 pm 

Piers Francis just scored for England v Argentina. That's the same Piers Francis who was completely useless for Embra, right? I know they have a bunch of players with the Lions, but starting for England?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:04 pm 

Doc Rob wrote:
Piers Francis just scored for England v Argentina. That's the same Piers Francis who was completely useless for Embra, right? I know they have a bunch of players with the Lions, but starting for England?

He did show potential playing for Edinburgh, hardly and exemplary set up to flourish in. He went to the Blues (via England) and was pretty solid there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:26 pm 

He's back to being shite now :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:51 am 

What a cracking result yesterday, properly excited to see how Townsend shapes this team over the coming 2/3 seasons.

Barclay was outstanding, Russell & Price are developing into a formidable partnership, Taylor is a great rugby player, Gray was back at his industrious best, Tonks looks like a solid option , our set-piece was very good and the defence totally shut Australia down. Only negative was our discipline but then again, it did stop them gain momentum.

Pleased that Russell has been called up to the Lions, wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him feature in the Test Series given his current form.

Dell, not convinced he's our LH going forward but hope he does well if given a chance.

Gatland is a fool for not selecting Brown & Gray if they're available to him.

Hoping to see some rotation for the Fiji match, we desperately need to win but would like to see Turner, Bradbury & Grigg get some meaningful game-time.

Reid, Brown, Fagerson, Toolis, Gray (c), Bradbury, Watson, Strauss, Pyrgos, Horne, Visser, Taylor, Scott, Hoyland, Tonks
Turner, Allan, Nel, Swinson, Barclay, Kennedy, Jackson, Grigg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:48 pm 

spanks wrote:
What a cracking result yesterday, properly excited to see how Townsend shapes this team over the coming 2/3 seasons.

Barclay was outstanding, Russell & Price are developing into a formidable partnership, Taylor is a great rugby player, Gray was back at his industrious best, Tonks looks like a solid option , our set-piece was very good and the defence totally shut Australia down. Only negative was our discipline but then again, it did stop them gain momentum.

Dell, not convinced he's our LH going forward but hope he does well if given a chance.

The Welsh hooker and lock Gatland selected over those two is simply outrageous but it does give us a better chance vs Fiji which I am more excited about anyway. Happy for Russell and Dell but it does weaken us looking for 3 from 3.

Dell's only 25 and a very good rugby player - if he improves his scrummaging I think he will be first choice for a while to come.

Duncan Taylor is just an exceptional player, the best centre in the NH imo and as deserving of a Lions call up as any Scot - would've gone but for injuries imo. Price, Russell, Taylor, Seymour and Hogg must start when available - the rest is great competition.

I was sceptical of Toonie at national level but he's making me look a fool just like he did when he took over at Glasgow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:03 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
spanks wrote:

The Welsh hooker and lock Gatland selected over those two is simply outrageous but it does give us a better chance vs Fiji which I am more excited about anyway. Happy for Russell and Dell but it does weaken us looking for 3 from 3.

Dell's only 25 and a very good rugby player - if he improves his scrummaging I think he will be first choice for a while to come.

Duncan Taylor is just an exceptional player, the best centre in the NH imo and as deserving of a Lions call up as any Scot - would've gone but for injuries imo. Price, Russell, Taylor, Seymour and Hogg must start when available - the rest is great competition.

I was sceptical of Toonie at national level but he's making me look a fool just like he did when he took over at Glasgow.

Would you find time later on to predict that we'll get nowhere in Japan in 2019 please - I am planning a big retirement trip!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:22 pm 

Just looked at the ticker and there appears to be a try in the 80th for the U20s to win. Top stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
Just looked at the ticker and there appears to be a try in the 80th for the U20s to win. Top stuff!

Went to the TMO but was allowed 24-17 to us BOOYAH :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:03 pm 

Dunbar and Bradbury go home to rest. Apparently they were never being considered for the Fiji game so have been released. Carmichael back to Perth.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm 

Achahoish wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

Went to the TMO but was allowed 24-17 to us BOOYAH :twisted: :twisted:

:D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm 

Someone before the tours said they were thinking we're going for big in the u20s by not taking Kinghorn and other potentials to Aus, they did and only a bad result against the ABs and a freak result (first ever draw at the u20 RWC) between SA and France stopped us from going through for a higher finish. The u20s I felt had the edge on every opposition team we faced (bar BBs) tactically and in overall skill level across the team.

We're in a good position at the moment. Need to get a good result against an underpowered Fiji to keep the positivity up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:19 pm 

malky wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
spanks wrote:

Would you find time later on to predict that we'll get nowhere in Japan in 2019 please - I am planning a big retirement trip!

We're going out in the group stages .

Last edited by I like haggis on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 498  Next