Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 559  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
Big D wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
slick wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
slick wrote:
He was generally utter shite for Scotland, so meh.


Aye, that many tries is a pretty standard result for our wingers right enough.


Almost all his tries were against crap teams. How many did he concede with his Taranaki girls U9 tackling.

I actually thought his best games have been in the last couple of seasons so a bit surprised he has called it a day.


Wee bit harsh. 13 international tries. 5 v top tier (2 v NZ, 2 v France, 1 v Wales). 4 v Italy. Others v Fiji and USA. That isn’t ‘almost all’ even if you classify Italy as crap (which they currently are but they still nearly beat us).

Odd timing TBH. He hasn’t been first pick recently but we don’t have loads of good wingers and I’d have expected him to make our RWC squad.


He's just signed a new deal at Quins. Almost certainly connected to this.


Yeah, there will have been a clause. Clearly Visser didn’t rate his chances of playing in the RWC as very high if he was prepared to sign it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 1363
Doc Rob wrote:
Yeah, there will have been a clause. Clearly Visser didn’t rate his chances of playing in the RWC as very high if he was prepared to sign it.


Visser was quoted as saying (a while back) that he's not that much in love with rugby anymore and that the last time he looked forward to a game was about five years ago. Cites his wrecked body as the main reason for that. So an old jaded pro now who will play on in the Premiership for a few more years and hang up his boots.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 1363
Image


None of the still eligible high-profile youngsters included. Hopefully another good showing though, continuing the trend from the last two Championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
Got humped by the SA youngsters yesterday - Nathan Macbeth was in the SA squad.

Could be a very long tournament, don't think we're definitely safe from relegation.

If Matt Fagerson isn't in there because he's in the full Scotland squad I think it's a mistake. He's very promising but does get washed out by bigger packs. Had no idea he was on the pitch Vs Edinburgh until I read the match report so I don't think he's ready for full internationals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9432
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am
Posts: 635
James Lang the only big surprise in there. Glad that Hastings will be getting some game time. I like the look of that squad.


Last edited by Steamin Beamin on Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9432
Great recognition for Rambo, well deserved.

Lots of key players rested and lots of youngsters in, which is good for the long term. Lang seems to have come from nowhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
zt1903 wrote:
Great recognition for Rambo, well deserved.

Lots of key players rested and lots of youngsters in, which is good for the long term. Lang seems to have come from nowhere.


Lang did play for the under18s way back when.

Get him capped Vs a tier 2 side so Wales and England can't come knocking?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9432
Players not being taken makes sense. All of them in need of a break/opportunity to get fully fit.

Laidlaw, Russell, H Jones, J Gray, Nel, Barclay, Wilson. Surprised to see Hogg there tbh.

Slightly concerned about backrow balance. We’ve been playing with two 7s this year and there are none in this squad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
zt1903 wrote:
Great recognition for Rambo, well deserved.

Lots of key players rested and lots of youngsters in, which is good for the long term. Lang seems to have come from nowhere.


Lang did play for the under18s way back when.

Get him capped Vs a tier 2 side so Wales and England can't come knocking?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
zt1903 wrote:
Great recognition for Rambo, well deserved.

Lots of key players rested and lots of youngsters in, which is good for the long term. Lang seems to have come from nowhere.


Lang did play for the under18s way back when.

Get him capped Vs a tier 2 side so Wales and England can't come knocking?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am
Posts: 635
I like haggis wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Great recognition for Rambo, well deserved.

Lots of key players rested and lots of youngsters in, which is good for the long term. Lang seems to have come from nowhere.


Lang did play for the under18s way back when.

Get him capped Vs a tier 2 side so Wales and England can't come knocking?



How does he qualify for Scotland? Parent?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
zt1903 wrote:
Players not being taken makes sense. All of them in need of a break/opportunity to get fully fit.

Laidlaw, Russell, H Jones, J Gray, Nel, Barclay, Wilson. Surprised to see Hogg there tbh.

Slightly concerned about backrow balance. We’ve been playing with two 7s this year and there are none in this squad.


Matt Fagerson will be a 7 on this tour, currently not big enough to be an 8. Ritchie will probably play there as a 6.5 as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4212
Good looking squad, very green but a couple older heads in there to help steer the ship.

Well done Rambo. I see Seymour rested too - good.

Is Lang any good? Never heard of the young chap.

Any TV deal confirmed for the games yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:50 am
Posts: 85
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7349
dargotronV.1 wrote:
Good looking squad, very green but a couple older heads in there to help steer the ship.

Well done Rambo. I see Seymour rested too - good.

Is Lang any good? Never heard of the young chap.

Any TV deal confirmed for the games yet?


His Wiki entry literally just changed before my eyes from English rugby player to Scottish :lol:

Never heard of him either, all his Wiki thing really says is that he is good at kicking :?

Quote:
Characteristic of Lang's style on the rugby field is his strong and accurate kicking. Lang himself has mentioned working with former Quins Fly-half Nick Evans. Which benefited him in his own similar role. Lang plays at Fly-half in the Harlequins academy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
Wylie Coyote wrote:
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


This is one of my concerns too. Hoyland seems to have dropped off the radar, and I’m surprised Graham isn’t on the tour (I assume injuries for both?) Any sign of Farndale coming back to Edinburgh from the 7s? He at least knows where the try-line is?

Poach-tastic of course, but Duhan Van der Merwe will be eligible in a couple of years if he stays at Edinburgh.

Slightly stunned by the appearance of James Lang, whose name I had never heard prior to today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
slick wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
Good looking squad, very green but a couple older heads in there to help steer the ship.

Well done Rambo. I see Seymour rested too - good.

Is Lang any good? Never heard of the young chap.

Any TV deal confirmed for the games yet?


His Wiki entry literally just changed before my eyes from English rugby player to Scottish :lol:

Never heard of him either, all his Wiki thing really says is that he is good at kicking :?

Quote:
Characteristic of Lang's style on the rugby field is his strong and accurate kicking. Lang himself has mentioned working with former Quins Fly-half Nick Evans. Which benefited him in his own similar role. Lang plays at Fly-half in the Harlequins academy


He’s only had 5 games for Quins. The cynic in me says he is on the tour to be capped and tied down as a future option, in the knowledge he may not make it at the top level.

Genuinely surprised that Weir still isn’t anywhere near the squad. I know he lacks Russell’s gifts and he has mainly been disappointing at international level, but he has performed well for Edinburgh in recent months and is a far more experienced backup 10 than anyone else available. I’m assuming Toony thinks Pete Horne can take on that role.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15968
Wylie Coyote wrote:
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


Or more like proven to not be international standard....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am
Posts: 635
After a bit of googling I've found out he qualifies for England, Wales and Scotland. So you could be right about us tying him down.

"I was fortunate enough to be selected for Scotland U18s last year, but I have always really wanted to play for Wales, that was my passion and where my heart lies".

I guess he got tired of waiting for Wales to call.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9432
James Lang highlights, he does appear to have a boot on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ktr4Iej5E

Some sevens action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJjHatIZG4


Last edited by zt1903 on Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4212
slick wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
Good looking squad, very green but a couple older heads in there to help steer the ship.

Well done Rambo. I see Seymour rested too - good.

Is Lang any good? Never heard of the young chap.

Any TV deal confirmed for the games yet?


His Wiki entry literally just changed before my eyes from English rugby player to Scottish :lol:

Never heard of him either, all his Wiki thing really says is that he is good at kicking :?

Quote:
Characteristic of Lang's style on the rugby field is his strong and accurate kicking. Lang himself has mentioned working with former Quins Fly-half Nick Evans. Which benefited him in his own similar role. Lang plays at Fly-half in the Harlequins academy

I trust Toonie's research on Lang extended beyond Wikipedia.

As much as this squad shows a lot of promise and future potential, we are reminded once again of the limited player pool to which we have become accustomed. It does appear to be getting better but there's still a large gap, and no more so than at 10. And no, Weir is not the answer to this particular puzzle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Wylie Coyote wrote:
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


Or more like proven to not be international standard....


Wouldn't say that. Not sure why the blame for the Wales debacle has fallen on his shoulders - Toonie said prior to the game he was there for his defence and he defended well. I don't think he was thrown a catchable pass all day.

I'd have had Dean in there over Harris but I think he is unproven.

On wingers - I don't think Hoyland is good enough for internationals and Graham is a bit on the small side. What happened to Robbie Nairn?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9432
I'm presuming Hastings will be first choice 10 on this tour, with Lang as backup and Pete Horne or Ruaridh Jackson stepping into the role if either of the youngsters is toiling.

Hastings deserves the chance, recent performances have been more reliable than Finn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9432
I see the unavailable list suggests that Luke Crosbie was in line for selection:

Quote:
Unavailable through injury: Luke Crosbie (knee), John Hardie (back), Huw Jones (wrist surgery scheduled), Willem Nel (knee assessment / rehabilitation), Hamish Watson (shoulder).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
Steamin Beamin wrote:
After a bit of googling I've found out he qualifies for England, Wales and Scotland. So you could be right about us tying him down.

"I was fortunate enough to be selected for Scotland U18s last year, but I have always really wanted to play for Wales, that was my passion and where my heart lies".

I guess he got tired of waiting for Wales to call.


Rather depends on the audience for the quote. Note that he went to Bangor Uni and then spent a couple of years at RGC in Colwyn Bay. May just have been buttering up the locals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8503
Location: FTFT
The only time I've seen Harris is for Scotland and I didn't see anything to suggest he should be there. He's a centre right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15968
I like haggis wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Wylie Coyote wrote:
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


Or more like proven to not be international standard....


Wouldn't say that. Not sure why the blame for the Wales debacle has fallen on his shoulders - Toonie said prior to the game he was there for his defence and he defended well. I don't think he was thrown a catchable pass all day.

I'd have had Dean in there over Harris but I think he is unproven.

On wingers - I don't think Hoyland is good enough for internationals and Graham is a bit on the small side. What happened to Robbie Nairn?


He was crap against Samoa as well. If he there for his defence that’s worrying as we have been leaky as feck when he’s been on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
Lorthern Nights wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

Or more like proven to not be international standard....


Wouldn't say that. Not sure why the blame for the Wales debacle has fallen on his shoulders - Toonie said prior to the game he was there for his defence and he defended well. I don't think he was thrown a catchable pass all day.

I'd have had Dean in there over Harris but I think he is unproven.

On wingers - I don't think Hoyland is good enough for internationals and Graham is a bit on the small side. What happened to Robbie Nairn?


He was crap against Samoa as well. If he there for his defence that’s worrying as we have been leaky as feck when he’s been on.


Samoa was the worse individual performance imo but again the Scotland performance Vs Samoa was as bad as their game against Wales. It's not his fault he's played in two appalling team performances.

He's been consistently good for Newcastle from all reports. If I was Toonie I'd want a look at him in a team performance that isn't abysmal.

He might not be up to it and I'd have taken Dean but I see the logic of taking him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6150
I like haggis wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Wylie Coyote wrote:
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


Or more like proven to not be international standard....


Wouldn't say that. Not sure why the blame for the Wales debacle has fallen on his shoulders - Toonie said prior to the game he was there for his defence and he defended well. I don't think he was thrown a catchable pass all day.

I'd have had Dean in there over Harris but I think he is unproven.

On wingers - I don't think Hoyland is good enough for internationals and Graham is a bit on the small side. What happened to Robbie Nairn?


Nairn injured most of the season again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44044155

Couple of interesting snippets here: Toony is looking at Lang primarily as a 12. Clearly plans to persuade Redpath Jr to declare for Scotland. Also doesn’t rule out going back in for Graham and Vellacott if their England careers don’t take off.

Still trying to figure out why Bennett isn’t going on the tour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3046
Doc Rob wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44044155

Couple of interesting snippets here: Toony is looking at Lang primarily as a 12. Clearly plans to persuade Redpath Jr to declare for Scotland. Also doesn’t rule out going back in for Graham and Vellacott if their England careers don’t take off.

Still trying to figure out why Bennett isn’t going on the tour.


Bennett hasn't looked like an international this season, Dean and Johnstone both played better for Edinburgh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 1363
I like haggis wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44044155

Couple of interesting snippets here: Toony is looking at Lang primarily as a 12. Clearly plans to persuade Redpath Jr to declare for Scotland. Also doesn’t rule out going back in for Graham and Vellacott if their England careers don’t take off.

Still trying to figure out why Bennett isn’t going on the tour.


Bennett hasn't looked like an international this season, Dean and Johnstone both played better for Edinburgh.


Yeah, the guy's been out for nearly a year and needs to prove himself again. It's not as if we're lacking in quality centres and need to force him back to his old level. A good season with Edinburgh will do the trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 pm
Posts: 242
Wylie Coyote wrote:
That squad highlights the dearth of Wing options for Scotland.

Out and out Wingers:
Lee Jones (29 years old)
Byron McGuigan (28 years old)

Wing/centre:
Chris Harris (27 years old)
Duncan Taylor (28 years old)

Wing/Fullback:
Kinghorn (21 years old)

To my mind only Duncan Taylor and Blair Kinghorn are long term options at international level. Jones is a solid pro who won't let you down, McGuigan has had one great game vs Oz, Harris is, well unproven shall we say.

We really need Hoyland, Graham and at least two others to come through and get opportunities as our crop of Wingers is aging with Visser retired, Maitland (29 years old) & Seymour (29 years old) only having 2-3 more seasons in them.


Surprised Fife didn't get a chance. Been excellent for Edinburgh this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
I like haggis wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44044155

Couple of interesting snippets here: Toony is looking at Lang primarily as a 12. Clearly plans to persuade Redpath Jr to declare for Scotland. Also doesn’t rule out going back in for Graham and Vellacott if their England careers don’t take off.

Still trying to figure out why Bennett isn’t going on the tour.


Bennett hasn't looked like an international this season, Dean and Johnstone both played better for Edinburgh.


They aren’t on the tour either!

The odd thing is that Bennett was back in the 6N squad as soon as he returned from injury. If memory serves.

I agree Fife deserves a recall. He had the misfortune of first coming into the team under Scott Johnson, and it was not a good introduction to Test rugby. He’s played well recently though and given our dearth of options you’d think GT would give him a shot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11752
Gordon Reid not on the list of leavers for LI this summer, so guessing that probably calls time on his international career for the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4937
Location: Eryri
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44040396

Heathcote leaving Worcester. Will be interesting to see where he goes. If he does a Leonard and drops down a level to get a game, I doubt we’ll hear much more of him.

Also see Isaac Miller has signed for them from Scottish. Can’t recall seeing him play, but will be good to increase the options at hooker.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am
Posts: 635
Doc Rob wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44040396

Heathcote leaving Worcester. Will be interesting to see where he goes. If he does a Leonard and drops down a level to get a game, I doubt we’ll hear much more of him.

Also see Isaac Miller has signed for them from Scottish. Can’t recall seeing him play, but will be good to increase the options at hooker.



"Heathcote has missed large parts of the last two seasons following numerous concussion injuries".

Doesn't sound good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am
Posts: 635
BREAKING | Road to Rugby World Cup 2019 confirmed.

Scotland will face France and Georgia next summer (home + away), becoming the first Tier 1 nation to face The Lelos on home soil.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/05 ... -confirmed

Away trip to Tblisi :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7349
Steamin Beamin wrote:
BREAKING | Road to Rugby World Cup 2019 confirmed.

Scotland will face France and Georgia next summer (home + away), becoming the first Tier 1 nation to face The Lelos on home soil.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/05 ... -confirmed

Away trip to Tblisi :nod:


Oh, that sounds like a cracking idea!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 559  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anagallis_arvensis, Bayern, BBC 2, Beaver_Shark, booji boy, CrazyIslander, DOB, Fangle, Google Adsense [Bot], iarmhiman, Jensrsa, Kanbei, kerrandy, Lazy Couch potato, New guy, ovalball, pigaaaa, SamShark, Theflier, The Native, TheSmurf, troglodiet, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group