Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709 ... 715  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:17 am 

I like haggis wrote:
Cummings has been great but him and Gray have 6 Nations, Autumn tests, and mandatory rest.

This. I feel that Nakarawa's presence would be good for the younger guys coming through, especially during the 6N.

Agree re the need for a FB too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 am 

One of the world's best FBs is available now, going cheap and will be available all season round :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:50 am 

Caley_Red wrote:
One of the world's best FBs is available now, going cheap and will be available all season round :D

Abendanon or Izzy the Ozzy Bible Cnut? Wouldn't mind the first one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:57 am 

clydecloggie wrote:
Caley_Red wrote:

Abendanon or Izzy the Ozzy Bible Cnut? Wouldn't mind the first one.

Introduce Izzy to the wee frees and he’d settle pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:26 pm 

Smutley wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
Cummings has been great but him and Gray have 6 Nations, Autumn tests, and mandatory rest.

This. I feel that Nakarawa's presence would be good for the younger guys coming through, especially during the 6N.

Gray's contract is also up this summer.

Would like to see him leave Glasgow tbh. Think it's quite safe and comfortable for him up here. I think coaches elsewhere will look to get more out of him in carrying and impact stakes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:39 pm 

Warrant issued for D'Arcy Rae's arrest.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne ... rugby-pro/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
Smutley wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Gray's contract is also up this summer.

Would like to see him leave Glasgow tbh. Think it's quite safe and comfortable for him up here. I think coaches elsewhere will look to get more out of him in carrying and impact stakes.

The question is, who would want him? He has many strengths, but also some weaknesses. He will be expensive, so why would another club take him on to develop him when there are plenty of other locks who may be less good at some parts of the game but are more rounded and cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:01 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:

Silly boy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 pm 

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... urgh-rugby

Marfo is off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:

What a fud.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:55 pm 

Steamin Beamin wrote:
https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-clubhouse/marfo-leaves-edinburgh-rugby

Marfo is off.

Good decision - he had a brief purple patch but is otherwise very much a journeyman. The chances of him getting meaningful game time are low. Great memories of the autumn internationals though - he could have been quite the cult hero had we won that ABs game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:38 am 

Pity the SRU have already plumped for Danny Wilson now that Scott Robertson is potentially available. It would have been a tough negotiation to get him to Glasgow, but they managed with Dave Rennie. I don't know if he has expressed a desire to leave NZ, but you have to think a stint abroad might be of interest now that he has missed the NZ job?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:02 pm 

Alba wrote:
Pity the SRU have already plumped for Danny Wilson now that Scott Robertson is potentially available. It would have been a tough negotiation to get him to Glasgow, but they managed with Dave Rennie. I don't know if he has expressed a desire to leave NZ, but you have to think a stint abroad might be of interest now that he has missed the NZ job?

Scotland job may be up for grabs soon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:56 pm 

Alba wrote:

Razor would be awesome for Glasgow and Scotland in two years, Is that kind of requirement for NZ head coach to get some experience abroad?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:45 pm 

Seymour retiring, according to BBC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:14 pm 

chart_monkey wrote:

Completely? Not really done much for Scotland in a whole but still worthwhile at Glasgow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:18 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
chart_monkey wrote:

Completely? Not really done much for Scotland in a whole but still worthwhile at Glasgow.

Just Scotland.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:25 pm 

Seymour was a great player for Scotland for a long time. Congratulations Tommy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:55 pm 

I like haggis wrote:

Not a bad strike rate, and 4th on the all-time try-scoring list for Scotland. Was there not chat about a bet between him & Hoggy on who would break the record first?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 pm 

chart_monkey wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Not a bad strike rate, and 4th on the all-time try-scoring list for Scotland. Was there not chat about a bet between him & Hoggy on who would break the record first?

That's what I heard. Seems to have jinxed the whole enterprise :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:16 pm 

I like haggis wrote:

Yeah can be very proud of what he achieved.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:22 pm 

Good on him, well played, great career and very consistent performer even if the last few years has seen his strike rate drop.

Let's hope Maitland doesn't retire anytime soon!

We're now with
Kinghorn
Graham
Maitland
+ various Saffer wingers waiting in the wings or nearly qualified

Options growing thin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:05 pm 

Matt Sherratt (Ospreys attack coach) off to coach the Warriors.

Worcester Warriors.

So no Scotland appointment after all then.

*phew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:10 pm 

How old is Seymour lads?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:57 pm 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Matt Sherratt (Ospreys attack coach) off to coach the Warriors.

Worcester Warriors.

So no Scotland appointment after all then.

*phew

We shouldn't be appointing anyone until we see how the 6N goes.

If we go 0-5 or 1-4 playing poorly then questions will need to be asked.

Plus there is no rush. Different people may be available on 3-4 months.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:46 pm 

Will always remember waking up a bunch of dying people in hospital when touch down Tommy went screaming down the wing and got to a ball he had no right to get to.
Great player for Scotland and even better for Glasgow, I warrant he still has some more to give but will miss him in blue of Scotland.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 pm 

Out of contract in the summer and heard muttering he’ll be retiring from club rugby too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:22 pm 

Might just be me, but he's had the look of a guy not enjoying the game for quite some time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:25 pm 

Steamin Beamin wrote:
Might just be me, but he's had the look of a guy not enjoying the game for quite some time.

Na, he lost form when first baby was born but found a purple patch again, certainly for Glasgow.
Perhaps has re-evaluated what important to him in life, but still happy to see him in Glasgow line up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:41 am 

frillage wrote:
Steamin Beamin wrote:

Na, he lost form when first baby was born but found a purple patch again, certainly for Glasgow.
Perhaps has re-evaluated what important to him in life, but still happy to see him in Glasgow line up.

Had a few games out around then for undisclosed “personal reasons” as well if i remember rightly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 pm 

Bayonne saying that Nakarawa has turned them down and is heading for Glasgow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:16 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:

If true it’s one hell of a bit of work (all Bombyrs of course its despite the SRU)

Glasgow are gaining a rep for being a good club even if can’t pay as much, hopefully can use in their favour.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 pm 

frillage wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

If true it’s one hell of a bit of work (all Bombyrs of course its despite the SRU)

Glasgow are gaining a rep for being a good club even if can’t pay as much, hopefully can use in their favour.

They've been fortunate witht heir last 2 coaches though, wonder if it will continue once Rennie leaves

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:02 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
frillage wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

They've been fortunate witht heir last 2 coaches though, wonder if it will continue once Rennie leaves

I would say a lot of it is down to the senior players too. Ryan Wilson is godfather to Nakas kids I think - they've created a real family atmosphere at the club.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:30 pm 

Just wanted to say (and thought it was better to do so in here) that it's good that we - including Edinburgh01, bokjok, lorthern nights, optimistic jock and others - could have a relatively civilised discussion on the Scottish aspects of the election thread without it turning into a slanging match. Thanks gents.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 pm 

Biffer29 wrote:
Just wanted to say (and thought it was better to do so in here) that it's good that we - including Edinburgh01, bokjok, lorthern nights, optimistic jock and others - could have a relatively civilised discussion on the Scottish aspects of the election thread without it turning into a slanging match. Thanks gents.

Agreed mate. We've all got reasons for disliking (or even hating in certain cases) different politicians and policies but that doesn't have to be true for the voter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:

Agreed mate. We've all got reasons for disliking (or even hating in certain cases) different politicians and policies but that doesn't have to be true for the voter.

👍

Genuinely feel the Scottish electorate has done well to keep it mostly civil over the last seven or eight years in an argument that's potentially far more divisive than brexit. I'll shut up now, don't want to bring it onto this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:00 am 

Biffer29 wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:

👍

Genuinely feel the Scottish electorate has done well to keep it mostly civil over the last seven or eight years in an argument that's potentially far more divisive than brexit. I'll shut up now, don't want to bring it onto this thread.

Playing Stuart Hogg at 10?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:03 am 

Biffer29 wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:

👍

We are definitely the adults in the room, all the Scottish posters are polite and reasonable in my view.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709 ... 715  Next