Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 pm 

reduce the number of subds - force players to last the 80 so lose bulk and weight- if you are subbed it must mean injury and thus an automatic 2 week / game recovery period be instated.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm 

nardol wrote:
reduce the number of subds - force players to last the 80 so lose bulk and weight- if you are subbed it must mean injury and thus an automatic 2 week / game recovery period be instated.

What a bag of shit that idea is.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:44 pm 

No professional player can ejaculate within 72 hours of a match so every player performs at peak testosterone levels.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm 

Clive Simms wrote:
No professional player can ejaculate within 72 hours of a match so every player performs at peak testosterone levels.

I presume the opposite would be enforced for the women's game for whom the inverse is true (i.e. testosterone promoted by sexual activity)? Could lead to some interesting orgies before internationals at least.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm 

Crash_12 wrote:
nardol wrote:

It would be one way of largely cutting out fake injury substitutions although 1 game off should be enough.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:01 pm 

Crash_12 wrote:
nardol wrote:

It's been thrown up about three or four times in this thread already.

As I mentioned, but nobody seems to be listening to me (situation normal), it's a fine idea, but would suck at grassroots level. If you're paying rego fees to play, and rocking up at training on Tuesday or Thursday, it would suck to only get a game on Saturdays if someone gets injured. I think it would have a large negative effect to the amount of players at grassroots level, and of course that filters all the way to the top.

So yes, "bag of shit" idea. But I'm all for some laws introduced that bring the size of the players down to more normal levels, especially in the backs. In it's heyday, the brag of rugby players was the game was one "for all body shapes". I miss the gold old days when forwards were fat and backs were pretty boys. These days - at least the top levels - it's getting close to being only for 100+kg roid heads from 1 to 15. Not quite but close. Lomu used to be an absolute freak. These days there's three or four wingers getting around at 120+kg, many more backs at ~110ish, and almost the normal would have to be over 100. That's ridiculously for an average weight for a back. I wasn't that long ago that Wendell Sailor was playing for The Wallabies, considered to be a huge, bulldozing winger, and he was 103kg. That would be close to average just a decade later.

What's even more annoying is this filters down to amateur rugby. In almost every team there's at-least one, usually two or even three, backs that clearly belong in the forward pack. But they think they can play in the backs because they're "only" 98kg or whatever, and that's not that big anymore. But they're slow, one-trick ponies. As soon as they go up against a team who can tackle low consistently, they're useless. I'm also a bit on my high horse here. Either grow a pair and get in the forwards, or stop eating so much you fat fudge backs. :x :D

Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
nardol wrote:

As I mentioned, but nobody seems to be listening to me (situation normal), it's a fine idea, but would suck at grassroots level. If you're paying rego fees to play, and rocking up at training on Tuesday or Thursday, it would suck to only get a game on Saturdays if someone gets injured. I think it would have a large negative effect to the amount of players at grassroots level, and of course that filters all the way to the top.

So yes, "bag of shit" idea. But I'm all for some laws introduced that bring the size of the players down to more normal levels, especially in the backs. In it's heyday, the brag of rugby players was the game was one "for all body shapes". I miss the gold old days when forwards were fat and backs were pretty boys. These days - at least the top levels - it's getting close to being only for 100+kg roid heads from 1 to 15. Not quite but close. Lomu used to be an absolute freak. These days there's three or four wingers getting around at 120+kg, many more backs at ~110ish, and almost the normal would have to be over 100. That's ridiculously for an average weight for a back. I wasn't that long ago that Wendell Sailor was playing for The Wallabies, considered to be a huge, bulldozing winger, and he was 103kg. That would be close to average just a decade later.

What's even more annoying is this filters down to amateur rugby. In almost every time there's at-least one, usually two or even three, backs that clearly belong in the forward pack. But I'm also a bit on my high horse here. Either grow a pair and get in the forwards, or stop eating so much you fat f**k backs. :x :D

Limit whatever changes to the subs rules to whatever leagues World Rugby sees fit.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:13 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
nardol wrote:

What's even more annoying is this filters down to amateur rugby. In almost every time there's at-least one, usually two or even three, backs that clearly belong in the forward pack. But I'm also a bit on my high horse here. Either grow a pair and get in the forwards, or stop eating so much you fat f**k backs. :x :D

Limit whatever changes to the subs rules to whatever leagues World Rugby sees fit.

ehhhhh.... I did think of it, but it's a very "meh" idea.

As a young kid growing up, you want to be playing the same game as your heroes. Not a "special" version.

There's got to be a better way.

For example (not fleshed out, just throwing it off the top of my head), limit subs to a maximum of five, but no minimums and a law that says all substitutions must be made before the second half begins (so in most cases, that will mean at half-time). And I mean your entire bench.

The exception being injuries that occur after half-time. In that case, a substitution can be made, with a player that played previously and was taken off, and the injured player must take the next week off, at both pro and grassroots levels (this to ensure not injuries are feigned).

I literally thought of that as I was typing. But I think it would work and have the same effect while still allowing (even promoting) a game for everyone on the bench at grassroots level.

I think I'm onto something. I really should be the dictator of world rugby.

And collars on the f'n shirts ffs. :x For some reason that is very important to me. I don't even know why, it just is.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:18 pm 

Clubs are not allowed to be owned by Unions.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:27 pm 

I'm getting annoyed that I'm not dictator rugby now. :x

1) That substitution law I said in my last post.

2) Second rowers not allowed to bind under the legs of props, flankers not allowed to bind to props with free hand.

3) Props allowed to put one hand on the ground to stabilize scrum. Hand must be either on ground, or bound to opposite prop. Not waving around punching hookers.

4) Collars on all jerseys absolutely by law. :frown: :nod:

5) Players who run out with their socks down get an instant yellow card. :x (Latho!)

6) Must be a passport holder and at-some-time-in-your-life resident of country for min. 5 years in order to be capped by that country.

7) Rucking players lying over the ball allowed again. Not stamping, but rucking. I played when it was legal, and it looked much worse than it was. Storm in a teacup. They were badges of honor as a flanker and only ever really felt in the shower after the game anyway. fudge the soccer mums. It's rugby. :x

8 ) Total ban on CGI advertising on fields.

9) Advertising limited to breast-pockets and sleeves on jerseys. Not center middle or center back.

10) Zero tolerance on feeding scrums straight.

FFS. That would make rugby once again "the game they play in heaven". Damn fate for not making me dictator of the IRB.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:41 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
2) Second rowers not allowed to bind under the legs of props, flankers not allowed to bind to props with free hand.

3) Props allowed to put one hand on the ground to stabilize scrum. Hand must be either on ground, or bound to opposite prop. Not waving around punching hookers.

Stop pretending that you've actually played in the pack.

Mog The Almighty wrote:
9) Advertising limited to breast-pockets and sleeves on jerseys. Not center middle or center back.

The breast pocket areas are already taken up by the team crest and the jersey manufacturer logo. The old school Irish jersey you posted a while back wasn't sponsored by Nike, it was made by Nike and sponsored by no-one.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

Stop pretending that you've actually played in the pack.

I do hope you're joking, sonny. I played on the wing for U14s and have been in the forward pack ever since then (over twenty years). I've not played exactly two positions in the pack: #2 and #3. And I would very much be open to giving #2 a crack. It's always been my favorite position. Just never played there as there has always been some bloke built like a wombat with their grubby little hands all over the 2 jersey, where as I can slot in almost anywhere in a pinch. All my favorite players growing up were #2s.

Nolanator wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

The breast pocket areas are already taken up by the team crest and the jersey manufacturer logo. The old school Irish jersey you posted a while back wasn't sponsored by Nike, it was made by Nike and sponsored by no-one.

Point taken. Well, that's the way they should leave it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:
tackle below the armpits.

Called it :thumbup:
https://www.ruck.co.uk/world-rugby-intr ... ckle-laws/

Quote:
World Rugby is to introduce a trial law change at under-20 competitions that lowers the height of tackle to “below the nipple line” to reduce the risk of head injury.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:07 pm 

no more money, only full amateur with death sentence to anyone earning anything from the sport.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:19 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
tackle below the armpits.

Called it :thumbup:
https://www.ruck.co.uk/world-rugby-intr ... ckle-laws/

Quote:
World Rugby is to introduce a trial law change at under-20 competitions that lowers the height of tackle to “below the nipple line” to reduce the risk of head injury.

:? Current newish law of “under the shoulders” is more than adequate.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 pm 

Music at stadiums, banned.

Aussies to commentate every game, regardless of league/competition.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:37 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Music at stadiums, banned.

Farken oath. Also ground announcers shrieking 'I can't hear you' and similar and soforth. Let the miserable cúnts choke in a welter of their own blood.

Floppykid wrote:
Aussies to commentate every game, regardless of league/competition.

Jesus god you don't want that you really don't; and I speak as a card-carrying Australian who's spent significant time and money at Strayan sporting venues.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:03 pm 

1. Have it so you can be captured for your country by playing for their under 20s OR A team
2. Have a 5 years residence requirement AND a requirement that your have a passport for the nation (obtained under normal cirumstances/not gifted so you can play)
3. Get tough on South Africa with their quotas, two wrongs don't make a right.
4. Do something about the high tackle law - it is too hard on the tacklers
5. Do something about the taking the man out in the air law - it is too hard on the tacklers.
6. Have an annual game between the winners of Super Rugby and the winners of Champions Cup.
7. Have an annual game between the winners of 6 nations and the winners of Rugby Championship.
8. Have 2 more South African teams in Pro 4 (not any of the current Super Rugby teams)
9. Have a pacific islands Super Rugby team
10. Have super rugby abolish the conference system. Each team to play each other team once.
11. Have an American Rugby Championship - USA, Canada, Uruguay, Brazil (do they have this already)
12. No sharing of World cup, I'm amazed the semi finals of the 2019 world cup aren't being played in Cardiff.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:41 pm 

Mandatory clown shoes for full backs

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:52 pm 

Probably been said before, but after tuning into the last ten minutes of the AP final ...

... players entering the breakdown with an attempt to stay up. Three Sarries phases in a row where the forward dove straight to ground on a defender who was still completing the tackle and on his own side of the breakdown.

When they get within 5m of goal Barnes tells Sarries to make an effort to arrive up. :roll:

World Rugby is so keen to trial stuff all the time, how's about a league where the laws are strictly policed. If things are truly untenable, then re-write the laws!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:16 pm 

You can freely punch the opposing player whose shirt number matches your current score.