Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 56  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 pm 

Again, I hope what we're seeing is the slow failure of Bitcoin, with a flippening to be the result.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pm 

pontifex wrote:
Again, I hope what we're seeing is the slow failure of Bitcoin, with a flippening to be the result.

Think it's too early. In fact, I bought 2.7 BTC at 8900 a short while ago.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm 

Flippening to Ethereum is what it feels like. Not ready to call the death of Bitcoin, though, especially with Lightning on the near horizon.

In other news Nano, fka RaiBlocks, got added to Okex. Binance should be very soon, too. Should be bigger than for your average crypto, as it's the perfect arbitrage coin, since it's fast and free.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:05 pm 

The problem with a flippening to Ethereum (1.0-2.0) is that I think we'd have to have a flippening from 2.0-3.0 soon after, since Ethereum will not, IMO, be first to market with a genuinely functional product. I'd rather see a bit of a flattening out, with no single currency dominating like Bitcoin has, thus a gentler shift when something real does actually emerge. Of course, I'm not in charge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:33 am 

pontifex wrote:
The problem with a flippening to Ethereum (1.0-2.0) is that I think we'd have to have a flippening from 2.0-3.0 soon after, since Ethereum will not, IMO, be first to market with a genuinely functional product. I'd rather see a bit of a flattening out, with no single currency dominating like Bitcoin has, thus a gentler shift when something real does actually emerge. Of course, I'm not in charge.

Possibly. Still need something to act as the reserve currency of the crypto-trading ecosystem, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:38 am 

goeagles wrote:
pontifex wrote:

Possibly. Still need something to act as the reserve currency of the crypto-trading ecosystem, though.

Good point. Bitshares? I understand it is better backed than Tether. Anyway, I think there's a platform which will be rolled out this year which will stand out as a working solution. Won't shill it (again).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 am 

It's plummeting!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:58 am 

:x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:01 am 

Haha whoa my BTC is nearly back where I started about 6 months ago. Lucky I didn't invest anything real.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:22 am 

Still plummeting. My losses are more than a grand now :( Won't sell though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:43 am 

How much did fiddy get for his album now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:10 am 

paddyor wrote:

That guy gets dragged backwards through money. What's the bet he sold out at 20k and his accountant bought some obscure tech stock that turns out to be the next facebook.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
paddyor wrote:

That guy gets dragged backwards through money. What's the bet he sold out at 20k and his accountant bought some obscure tech stock that turns out to be the next facebook.

Didn't he file for bankruptcy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 am 

Bought some Ripple again just now :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:41 am 

Cartman wrote:
Bought some Ripple again just now :D

:thumbup: you'll make a packet off that. Ridiculous price currently.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm 

NEM down 35% to $0.46...bet them hackers are a tad p*ssed off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:35 pm 

My 7200 - 7500 may well be tested here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:39 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
My 7200 - 7500 may well be tested here.

BTC back down to $5600.....or lower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:54 pm 

Hulk just got a boner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:

What was your motivation for buying when you did btw. Did you think it could sustain those massive gains?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:59 pm 

My Mining rig is getting close to being unprofitable. interesting to see what happens when lots of mining capacity gets switched off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:01 pm 

Rumham wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

What was your motivation for buying when you did btw. Did you think it could sustain those massive gains?

Basically I wanted some of those gains! I was always sceptical about the vast number of crypto currencies available but thought at least the main ones had a bit more room to grow.
Anyway it's only about 2% of my investments. Hope it won't totally collapse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm 

ukjim wrote:
My Mining rig is getting close to being unprofitable. interesting to see what happens when lots of mining capacity gets switched off.

I've got a couple of ex work mates who have invested heavily in mining rigs, so feel bad for them. One of them had spent over 20 grand on mining rigs and rented out space in a data centre. Apparently it was costing him over 2.5K a month! Poor guy. This guy used to be a Business Analyst earning very good money and when he left the company close to a year ago, became a full time 'crypto trader, miner and advisor' and invested quite a bit of his redundancy money :(

Last edited by TranceNRG on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:10 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
ukjim wrote:

I've got a couple of ex work mates who have invested heavily in mining rigs, so feel bad for them. One of them had spent over 20 grand on mining rigs and rented out space in a data centre. Apparently it was costing him over 2.5K a month! Poor guy. This guy used to be a Business Analyst earning very good money and when he left the company close to a year aga became a 'full time crypto trader, miner and advisor' :(

ouch.

Im lucky that i have solar panels so get a decent amount of free electric

If the price goes down much more below this and its cheaper to buy btc than mine it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:14 pm 

Is that the bounce? XRP went from .66 to 1.22 (au) in a flash. This is nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm 

Going back up it seems. XRP at around 0.79 USD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
Going back up it seems. XRP at around 0.79 USD

Algorithm trading spike IMO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:24 pm 

Harveys wrote:
Is that the bounce? XRP went from .66 to 1.22 (au) in a flash. This is nuts.

It's f**king excellent. I bought 10000 XRP at 0.63 just hit 0.84 :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm 

USDT to the rescue? x(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 pm 

Harveys wrote:
USDT to the rescue? x(

Don't think so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:03 pm 

ukjim wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
ukjim wrote:

I've got a couple of ex work mates who have invested heavily in mining rigs, so feel bad for them. One of them had spent over 20 grand on mining rigs and rented out space in a data centre. Apparently it was costing him over 2.5K a month! Poor guy. This guy used to be a Business Analyst earning very good money and when he left the company close to a year aga became a 'full time crypto trader, miner and advisor' :(

ouch.

Im lucky that i have solar panels so get a decent amount of free electric

If the price goes down much more below this and its cheaper to buy btc than mine it.

What will happen then? Transaction fees up and people switch to a POS chain instead?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 pm 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PTVErC ... 0f15z/view

It didn’t happen after the futures contract and was 10 days late but that crash / dump was as described. What is interesting is the prediction that if the market doesn’t completely tank we could see a rally back to ATH soon.

Funny that some coins are called pump coins when the entire market gets f**ked the way it does. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm 

Harveys wrote:
USDT to the rescue? x(

No tethers printed since the 23rd.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm 

Harveys wrote:
USDT to the rescue? x(

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?ad ... PTW1zBTwXL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 pm 

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/02/bittr ... -deposits/

Quote:
Bittrex CEO, Bill Shihara has revealed that the US based exchange would open up USD deposits, possibly dumping tether as their main pairing.

He hinted that dollar deposits might be available soon on the exchange, in a bid to keep up with the ever changing demand, saying;

Dollar Bills Sitting on a Laptop

“Yes, there is going to be a time, I actually think it’s not that far away, when we are going to open up for global signups again, we will end up doing additional requirements, minimum deposit sizes, and things like that to trade, ensuring signs up that are coming in, are people who understand what they are doing…demand has been pretty incredible.”

The exchange currently only deals with cryptocurrencies, and Bitcoin and tether serve as the main pairing for their listed cryptos; however, this could all be about to change. Shihara also discussed how businesses that are focused on retail investors have used Bittrex’s back-end to offer crypto to a much wider audience saying;

“One of the ways, we get the best of both worlds, we have these partnerships, such as Korean exchange Upbit, they use our liquidity, but is basically a retail shop in Korea. We’ve built this back-end infrastructure and Upbit can just plug into it and build on top of it…We’re going to see more deals like that in the coming year. And we will be doing USD tranding; this won’t be open to everybody, available for the majority of our suterms as well as foreign partners that build on top of us.”

Physical Bitcoins Sitting on Laptop With Chart

The reason behind this change comes at a time when suspicions of Tether have heightened. They have allegedly been artificially inflating the price of the cryptocurrency, with no reserves to back up the currency, which means it could take down those exchanges that rely on USDT. When asked if we should be concerned about the Tether allegations, Shihara said;

“Tough question, we treat it as another altcoin. The market agrees Tether is backed by something, as it is trading as a dollar substitute. But I always tell people to do their own research and be cautious in crypto.”

When speaking about how the decentralised exchanges will affect Bittrex, he said;

“I think the technology has a long way to mature, we’ve got a long way to go before we see mature decentralised exchange solutions, especially trading the volume that we do on Bittrex.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:27 pm 

goeagles wrote:
https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/02/bittrex-start-accepting-usd-deposits/

Quote:
Bittrex CEO, Bill Shihara has revealed that the US based exchange would open up USD deposits, possibly dumping tether as their main pairing.

He hinted that dollar deposits might be available soon on the exchange, in a bid to keep up with the ever changing demand, saying;

Dollar Bills Sitting on a Laptop

“Yes, there is going to be a time, I actually think it’s not that far away, when we are going to open up for global signups again, we will end up doing additional requirements, minimum deposit sizes, and things like that to trade, ensuring signs up that are coming in, are people who understand what they are doing…demand has been pretty incredible.”

The exchange currently only deals with cryptocurrencies, and Bitcoin and tether serve as the main pairing for their listed cryptos; however, this could all be about to change. Shihara also discussed how businesses that are focused on retail investors have used Bittrex’s back-end to offer crypto to a much wider audience saying;

“One of the ways, we get the best of both worlds, we have these partnerships, such as Korean exchange Upbit, they use our liquidity, but is basically a retail shop in Korea. We’ve built this back-end infrastructure and Upbit can just plug into it and build on top of it…We’re going to see more deals like that in the coming year. And we will be doing USD tranding; this won’t be open to everybody, available for the majority of our suterms as well as foreign partners that build on top of us.”

Physical Bitcoins Sitting on Laptop With Chart

The reason behind this change comes at a time when suspicions of Tether have heightened. They have allegedly been artificially inflating the price of the cryptocurrency, with no reserves to back up the currency, which means it could take down those exchanges that rely on USDT. When asked if we should be concerned about the Tether allegations, Shihara said;

“Tough question, we treat it as another altcoin. The market agrees Tether is backed by something, as it is trading as a dollar substitute. But I always tell people to do their own research and be cautious in crypto.”

When speaking about how the decentralised exchanges will affect Bittrex, he said;

“I think the technology has a long way to mature, we’ve got a long way to go before we see mature decentralised exchange solutions, especially trading the volume that we do on Bittrex.”

Blockchain USD already exist.

Blockchain EUR and GBP will exist by the end of the year.

Nothing at all new in this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 pm 

bimboman wrote:

I don't think you understand what the article is about. This has nothing to do with "blockchain USD" and isn't any new technology. This is about a major alt exchange going through the regulatory framework to get fiat deposits in USD. Currently they do not accept fiat and only trade crypto pairs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 pm 

goeagles wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I don't think you understand what the article is about. This has nothing to do with "blockchain USD" and isn't any new technology. This is about a major alt exchange going through the regulatory framework to get fiat deposits in USD. Currently they do not accept fiat and only trade crypto pairs.

So another exchange has done the regulatory work for them, whys this big news ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:53 pm 

bimboman wrote:
So another exchange has done the regulatory work for them, whys this big news ?

Because there are currently no USD to alt exchanges. Currently the process for a USD holder who wants to buy alts is:

Open account on Coinbase
Deposit on Coinbase
Buy BTC on Coinbase and pay a trading fee
Open account on alt-exchange
Send BTC from Coinbase wallet to Alt-exchange, pay transaction fee and wait for transaction to be confirmed
Buy preferred alt on the alt exchange, pay trading fee

All of that costs money, takes time and is a pain in the ass. It's also somewhat daunting for someone new to the space.

This is good for alts and somewhat bad for BTC, since the need to trade in BTC pairs increases demand for BTC.

Edit to add that it also reduces reliance on Coinbase, which is obviously a very good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 pm 

Hey Goey,

Here's some interesting news. Santander...Ripple

https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/31 ... via-ripple

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 56  Next