Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
Seneca of the Night wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:


He who owns the most of nothing wins.


Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 920
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:



Hodling firm though not looking to expose myself further at this point in time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 920
sorCrer wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:


He who owns the most of nothing wins.


Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.


SON is nothing if not consistent in his positon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34819
Harveys wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:


He who owns the most of nothing wins.


Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.


SON is nothing if not consistent in his positon.


SODL!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10748
Location: Sunny London
Harveys wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:



Hodling firm though not looking to expose myself further at this point in time.


Same here. I'm done with buying Cryptos. I'll only lose 2,3 grand at worst.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34911
Location: Planet Rock
sorCrer wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:


He who owns the most of nothing wins.


Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.

Ripple has been ramped to the max


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Me defending my XRP position.

Image

:P


Hodl and accumulate. :nod:


He who owns the most of nothing wins.


Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.

Ripple has been ramped to the max


Serious. I presume you know how it works technically etc?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34911
Location: Planet Rock
sorCrer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.

Ripple has been ramped to the max


Serious. I presume you know how it works technically etc?

Yeah. You talk up the Ripple product (XRP) and when the price goes up enough you dump it. Those left holding the baby end up saying "I'm in it for the tech" and can't understand why the price has fallen so much considering it's a real product being used by more and more banks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.

Ripple has been ramped to the max


Serious. I presume you know how it works technically etc?

Yeah. You talk up the Ripple product (XRP) and when the price goes up enough you dump it. Those left holding the baby end up saying "I'm in it for the tech" and can't understand why the price has fallen so much considering it's a real product being used by more and more banks.


I'm holding > 100k of them. Some which I bought at $0.06 I won't be dumping any. Same goes for ETH and Neo when the majority wake up and truly understand what decentralised distributed blockchain apps can so, there will be a rude awakening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8263
Location: Florida
SorCrer

Do you guys use venmo in SA for person to person transactions?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
argus wrote:
SorCrer

Do you guys use venmo in SA for person to person transactions?


There is a version or similar called Slide. But no, I've never heard of it being used.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8263
Location: Florida
sorCrer wrote:
argus wrote:
SorCrer

Do you guys use venmo in SA for person to person transactions?


There is a version or similar called Slide. But no, I've never heard of it being used.


Very popular here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 405
sorCrer wrote:
Same goes for ETH and Neo when the majority wake up and truly understand what decentralised distributed blockchain apps can so, there will be a rude awakening.

What can they do?

There will be no rude awakening. There are basically f*ck all business or commercial applications which benefit from using DL/blockchain tech. Proof-of-work makes absolutely no sense in a commercial/business environment and the alternative truly-distributed consensus algorithms aren't proven. The biggest "business" DL/smart contract platforms don't even bother and rely on a "centralized consensus" (sic) - with a vague promise of truly distributed consensus sometime in the future.

And this isn't from the lack of trying - a flood of money has been burned on DL/smart contract proofs of concepts and prototypes, etc. during the last two years without a single compelling legitimate application emerging except shyster and pump-and-dump schemes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 920
Quote:
Only stupid rich people will put electricity in their homes.

The motor car is interesting but will never replace a horse, it’s imptactical to have gas stations everywhere to fill them up. Horses eat grass and can go anywhere.

Business machines (computers) have no use in a home.

The telephone is a great invention but has no commercial application

People will be bored of the internet by 1996.

Cryptocurrencies are a fad
Bitcoin is just a bubble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 7946
Location: Stockholm
BitCoin was a bubble. That's pretty obvious, no? That doesn't mean it won't stabalize and mabye even be useful in the future, mind you.

As far as the other quotes go, it's cherry-picking. Obviously there have been thousands have fads that were once big and then dissapeared almost out of all human thought.

I was listening to that BitCoin guru guy a while back. I can't remember his name. But he predicted huge swings to come. He even predicted that it might drop in price to be worth nearly nothing, and be totally written off before properly stabalizing, being constantly improved, etc. making a cautious come-back and eventually adopted as a useful technology sometime in the not-too-near future.

Personally, I don't know if it's going to be BitCoin specifically, but I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't see huge technological innovations in our currency systems in the future. I mean - that's the case for virtually everything else. I don't know why currencies and banking should be immune. One day bankers might be like the guys who used to make buggy whips. i.e. history. An obsolete profession.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 7946
Location: Stockholm
Some of these articles are truly hilarious in retrospect. "Finnancial experts" at work...

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/page/15/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
derriz wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Same goes for ETH and Neo when the majority wake up and truly understand what decentralised distributed blockchain apps can so, there will be a rude awakening.

What can they do?

There will be no rude awakening. There are basically f*ck all business or commercial applications which benefit from using DL/blockchain tech. Proof-of-work makes absolutely no sense in a commercial/business environment and the alternative truly-distributed consensus algorithms aren't proven. The biggest "business" DL/smart contract platforms don't even bother and rely on a "centralized consensus" (sic) - with a vague promise of truly distributed consensus sometime in the future.

And this isn't from the lack of trying - a flood of money has been burned on DL/smart contract proofs of concepts and prototypes, etc. during the last two years without a single compelling legitimate application emerging except shyster and pump-and-dump schemes.



Sorry only saw this now.

They allow payments and application execution on the same decentralized platform. I could go on but you're clearly not interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3266
Bitcoin was in a bubble last year because it's obsolete. There are a few ad hoc solutions to its obsolescence, but 1) these solutions will be beaten to market by more coherent solutions and 2) Bitcoin requires forks to have anything other than ad hoc, second layer solutions. The crypto market overall is not in a bubble, however, and financial entities from Deloitte to Christine LaGarde are positive about the long to medium term future of blockchains and DLTs. Deloitte, for instance has predicted that the market cap of blockchain or blockchain-like tokens will reach between 5 and 10 trillion in the next 5 years. Or, that 10% of global GDP will be stored on blockchains by 2025 (no mention of whether or not they predict these will be decentralized, however) https://twitter.com/Deloitte/status/866 ... gr%5Etweet

I won't shill all of what I predict will last the distance after the dust settles, but, for one example, the IOTA DAG has just had its first IOTA vehicle charging station installed in the Netherlands. VW, too, which is an official partner of IOTA, has announced that it will cover the US with charging infrastructure. IOTA is not my only guess, but it has major industry backing, is being tested in major cities in smart city programs (Taipei and partially Tokyo), and is well supported by German government insiders (and has legal Stiftung status in Germany). It may not succeed, and I may have placed the wrong bets, but it seems that people much smarter than any of us, with a lot more access to industry information, power and influence, are putting some faith in a blockchain-like technology, which is decentralized (well, kind of), to be a part of the future economy.

There'll be plenty of volatility along the way, much more than in any traditional markets, but these technologies are, in some cases, being rolled out, and adoption will depend on manufacturers who create the products we choose between.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 6972
sorCrer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.

Ripple has been ramped to the max


Serious. I presume you know how it works technically etc?

Yeah. You talk up the Ripple product (XRP) and when the price goes up enough you dump it. Those left holding the baby end up saying "I'm in it for the tech" and can't understand why the price has fallen so much considering it's a real product being used by more and more banks.


I'm holding > 100k of them. Some which I bought at $0.06 I won't be dumping any. Same goes for ETH and Neo when the majority wake up and truly understand what decentralised distributed blockchain apps can so, there will be a rude awakening.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14000
Roubini shating this.

https://medium.com/cryptomedication/uncovering-the-real-cartel-in-bitcoin-65b56a7a00a2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
paddyor wrote:


We're all well aware of tether issue and the relationship it has with Bitfinex. Roubini's 'revelations' are nothing new. In fact, if tether blows up the price will plummet. Not all exchanges use tether, I've never used it or needed to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
paddyor wrote:


And that opinion piece is full of outright lies. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7772
The real question of this thread, is, with all you smart lads having tons of cryptothings and given the gold rush of the whole thing, how many of you would now consider Globus (aka PR Wealthiest Member) a peon compared to yourself.

I mean, when i read some figures in here, the amount bought at the begning and the value now, how many in PR could actually buy the TOP 14 ?

I think we have a lot of millionnaires in here, if not billionnaires... that's weird, and rugby related, you could probably buy your national rugby team and make it win the 2019 RWC... or if not the national team, just buy Leinster or Racing, and win the HEC. That would end all the crap in supporter discussion as you could simply make it work the way you want ?

Why don't you do something like that, that would be funny, and with the rates of thecryptocurrencies and some of you being in since the begining, that would be a rather marginal part of your wealth isn't it ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14297
Location: Best country in the world.
sorCrer wrote:
paddyor wrote:


And that opinion piece is full of outright lies. :lol:


So your counter-argument to a 4000 word opinion piece with about 30 linked articles is a laughing emoji...... Way to sell your point of view.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
The Sun God wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
paddyor wrote:


And that opinion piece is full of outright lies. :lol:


So your counter-argument to a 4000 word opinion piece with about 30 linked articles is a laughing emoji...... Way to sell your point of view.


Nah I was in bed and on my phone.

Start at:

Bitfinex has just recently opened their website to accept new exchange accounts again (which was spontaneously closed on December 21st — odd timing, right?).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 7277
No idea if this is new news, old news, confirmation or what.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/39 ... 017-run-up

Quote:
Bitcoin’s massive price run-up late last year may have been the result of a price manipulation campaign, according to a new study released on Wednesday.

The paper by John Griffin, a finance professor at the University of Texas who has researched fraud in other markets, and graduate student Amin Shams, found that the virtual coin Tether was likely used to prop up Bitcoin prices late last year.

“By mapping the blockchains of Bitcoin and Tether, we are able to establish that entities associated with the Bitfinex exchange use Tether to purchase Bitcoin when prices are falling. Such price supporting activities are successful, as Bitcoin prices rise following the periods of intervention,” they wrote.

Griffin’s study didn’t have access to email, texts or other communications that would provide evidence that both organizations were involved in price manipulation, but instead analyzed transaction records stored on Bitcoin’s public ledger.

Industry players had questioned if Tether, a virtual “stablecoin” that aims to create a digital currency equivalent of the U.S. dollar, and the cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex played a part in Bitcoin’s explosion in value in late 2017 and early 2018.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission subpoenaed both Bitfinex and Tether in December, over concerns about if Tether is actually by the reserve of U.S. dollars it claims it has.

Bitfinex has denied being involved in any price manipulation schemes.

The CFTC and Securities and Exchange Commision have been ramping up their enforcement efforts against fraudulent cryptocurrency activity and scams as Bitcoin and other digital tokens gained prominence over the last year.

Bitcoin reached its peak price of almost $20,000 in December but is now trading at around $6,300 according to the Coin Market Cap.


Abstract here

Quote:
This paper investigates whether Tether, a digital currency pegged to U.S. dollars, influences Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency prices during the recent boom. Using algorithms to analyze the blockchain data, we find that purchases with Tether are timed following market downturns and result in sizable increases in Bitcoin prices. Less than 1% of hours with such heavy Tether transactions are associated with 50% of the meteoric rise in Bitcoin and 64% of other top cryptocurrencies. The flow clusters below round prices, induces asymmetric autocorrelations in Bitcoin, and suggests incomplete Tether backing before month-ends. These patterns cannot be explained by investor demand proxies but are most consistent with the supply-based hypothesis where Tether is used to provide price support and manipulate cryptocurrency prices.


https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3195066


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34819
The long slow ride to zero.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14000
https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-bannon-buys-into-bitcoin-wants-to-create-deplorables-coin

Interested Sen?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34819
paddyor wrote:


Gobble gobble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6371
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
all you need to know about bitcoin you can learn from this episode of Silicon Valley - one of the funniest episodes of the season....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEjaZw95kI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7IPTf1uts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34911
Location: Planet Rock
Harveys wrote:
Quote:
Only stupid rich people will put electricity in their homes.

The motor car is interesting but will never replace a horse, it’s imptactical to have gas stations everywhere to fill them up. Horses eat grass and can go anywhere.

Business machines (computers) have no use in a home.

The telephone is a great invention but has no commercial application

People will be bored of the internet by 1996.

Cryptocurrencies are a fad
Bitcoin is just a bubble


Bitcoin could be a keeper and even then 1 bitcoin could be worth 1 dollar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14736
Location: Haunting your dreams
jolindien wrote:
The real question of this thread, is, with all you smart lads having tons of cryptothings and given the gold rush of the whole thing, how many of you would now consider Globus (aka PR Wealthiest Member) a peon compared to yourself.

I mean, when i read some figures in here, the amount bought at the begning and the value now, how many in PR could actually buy the TOP 14 ?

I think we have a lot of millionnaires in here, if not billionnaires... that's weird, and rugby related, you could probably buy your national rugby team and make it win the 2019 RWC... or if not the national team, just buy Leinster or Racing, and win the HEC. That would end all the crap in supporter discussion as you could simply make it work the way you want ?

Why don't you do something like that, that would be funny, and with the rates of thecryptocurrencies and some of you being in since the begining, that would be a rather marginal part of your wealth isn't it ?


What is the bitcoin to semidetached exchange rate at the moment?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14000
Seneca of the Night wrote:

Perhaps I can interest you in some Tango and Bitcash?

https://www.coindesk.com/kurt-russell-going-cryptocurrency-movie/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34819
paddyor wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:

Perhaps I can interest you in some Tango and Bitcash?

https://www.coindesk.com/kurt-russell-going-cryptocurrency-movie/


Crypto's a disease. I'm the cure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 405
sorCrer wrote:
derriz wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Same goes for ETH and Neo when the majority wake up and truly understand what decentralised distributed blockchain apps can so, there will be a rude awakening.

What can they do?

There will be no rude awakening. There are basically f*ck all business or commercial applications which benefit from using DL/blockchain tech. Proof-of-work makes absolutely no sense in a commercial/business environment and the alternative truly-distributed consensus algorithms aren't proven. The biggest "business" DL/smart contract platforms don't even bother and rely on a "centralized consensus" (sic) - with a vague promise of truly distributed consensus sometime in the future.

And this isn't from the lack of trying - a flood of money has been burned on DL/smart contract proofs of concepts and prototypes, etc. during the last two years without a single compelling legitimate application emerging except shyster and pump-and-dump schemes.



Sorry only saw this now.

They allow payments and application execution on the same decentralized platform. I could go on but you're clearly not interested.

I'm very interested but could you avoid pitching marketing cliches? I've been involved to varying degrees in projects in Hyperledger Fabric, Corda and Solidity across banking, manufacturing and electricity markets.

What are these applications exactly? I mean specifically, where are the blockchain killer applications outside of facillitating criminal transactions and unregulated speculation? Surely we should be seeing the start of blockchain based disruptive applications like Uber, ebay, amazon, google, etc. if the distributed ledger/blockchain hype had any basis in reality?

I'm happy that people like you are hyping the technology - it's good for my business as every CIO/CTO feels they have to pitch money at a DL/smart contract project but the more I've been involved in the technology, the more obvious it is that it has close to fück all actual application for business and commerce. None of the headline grabbing prototypes/projects are leading to any real deployment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 6972
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/technology/cryptocurrency-investor-losses.html?mc=adintl&mccr=2018-08&ad-keywords=IntlAudDev&subid1=kenshoo&dclid=COKX2sK3jN0CFbMR0wodz3wFCg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1709
Location: Canadian Tundra
Soon it will be : €100 of Bitcoin in 2010 = €10 today


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34819
Rumham wrote:


Can you post he article. Thx.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34911
Location: Planet Rock
sorCrer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Odd. I'd have thought you of all people should know that XRP isn't a genuine cryptocurrency and of all the currencies on offer has the clearest use case.

Ripple has been ramped to the max


Serious. I presume you know how it works technically etc?

Yeah. You talk up the Ripple product (XRP) and when the price goes up enough you dump it. Those left holding the baby end up saying "I'm in it for the tech" and can't understand why the price has fallen so much considering it's a real product being used by more and more banks.


I'm holding > 100k of them. Some which I bought at $0.06 I won't be dumping any. Same goes for ETH and Neo when the majority wake up and truly understand what decentralised distributed blockchain apps can so, there will be a rude awakening.


52-week High: 3.3153

52-week Low: 0.1500

current 0.33

Although I must admit I could be tempted to punt £100 on this


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10342
Ther BTC price is pretty much what it was on 01/11/17. Seems to be holding quite well. Lightning Network is growing with 3246 nodes this morning up 11% this month.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anonymous_joe, backrow, Bing [Bot], camroc1, danny_fitz, DD-2017, Diego, Edinburgh01, eldanielfire, Gavin Duffy, GDBFC99, Keith, Lazy Couch potato, LemonDrop, Margin_Walker, Plato'sCave, Still Playing, themaddog, Thomas, tiddle, Turbogoat, Wendigo7 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group