Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 am 

If so, I hope he enjoyed his time in NZ an in particular I hope he really enjoyed last night's amazing win over the All Blacks :thumbup:

Some of the best Kiwi posters are based in Wellington.

Quote:
South African 'apartheid flag' makes 'unwelcome' appearance at Wellington test

09:47, Sep 16 2018

A South African singer-songwriter has slammed the appearance of the old "apartheid flag" at the Springboks-All Blacks test in Wellington.

Television images showed the flag - used by South Africa from 1928 till 1994 - being waved by a spectator near the edge of the player's tunnel at Westpac Stadium.

South Africa's Sport 24 website described the flag's appearance as "unwelcome".

"The flag ... represents all that was abhorrent during the days of apartheid and is a symbol of white supremacy for many," http://www.Sport24.co.za reported.

"It was replaced in 1994 - some 24 years ago - by the current flag in time for the first elections after the apartheid era had ended."

Writing on Twitter, Bouwer Bosch, a South African singer-songwriter, actor and entrepreneur slammed the flag's appearance.

Bosch said later on Twitter that he wasn't "offended by the flag" which was "a piece of cloth" but he was alarmed by "the intention behind it".

" I"m not not blin[d] towards the reality of SA. But how is waving the apartheid flag helping? It brings up hurt for millions of black people, thats my problem today. History is present today still."

He said the flag waved in Wellington, "was the apartheid government's flag".

The flag was introduced to South Africa prior to the advent of the apartheid regime in 1948.

Nelson Mandela's African National Congress (ANC) campaigned for a new flag during talks with F W De Klerk's government during the negotiations to end apartheid in 1992.

The new flag - endorsed by Mandela and de Klerk - was officially introduced just before the South African general election in 1994.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 am 

So AC flies all the way to Wellington, unfurls an old Saffa flag just to troll Wilson Toffee. That's sad man but 100% on effort. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:27 am 

WT is in AC's head.
Sad day for PR. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:32 am 

My SA Brother in law was at the game (lives in Plimmerton) Pretty sure if he had seen that flag he would have kicked off. Takes a special kind of wanker to be using it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:44 am 

HKCJ wrote:
My SA Brother in law was at the game (lives in Plimmerton) Pretty sure if he had seen that flag he would have kicked off. Takes a special kind of wanker to be using it.

Displaying it like that may be insensitive but it is part of our history and a flag that I was very proud of.

Like for example....if tha immigrants started outnumbering the local population in your country. And you decided that the old colonial flag is now insensitive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:55 am 

Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

Displaying it like that may be insensitive but it is part of our history and a flag that I was very proud of.

Like for example....if tha immigrants started outnumbering the local population in your country. And you decided that the old colonial flag is now insensitive.

Times have changed Sards and by displaying that flag they are alienating and hurting a huge swathe of the country. Like it or not it’s a symbol of a pretty shameful time in SAs history that needs to be moved on from. Whoever waved it has either had it stored for 24 years or they’ve gone out and bought it knowing they’d be upsetting people. Besides, the new flag is the Shizzle and one of my fave country flags (which I happily waved with my missus at the Cricket in Wellington last year when SA won).

Also there is a time and place. I love the Union flag with all my heart but it pisses me off immensely when I see them flown at an Old Firm derby. Shouldn’t be used as a political symbol.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:05 am 

HKCJ wrote:
Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

Also there is a time and place. I love the Union flag with all my heart but it pisses me off immensely when I see them flown at an Old Firm derby. Shouldn’t be used as a political symbol.

this exactly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:25 am 

Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

That analogy doesn't work in the slightest.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 am 

Distasteful and embarrassing. That twat doesn't deserve the publicity he's seeking, so the less said about him the better.

I'd love to hear that someone king hit him after the match.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 am 

Chances are it was "displayed" by an ex South African who is now a Kiwi. ;)

Whoever it was he / she should get a big hiding.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:19 am 

Chilli wrote:

Maxbox?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 am 

WT's cyber cock is fully inside of AC's skull

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:38 am 

Chilli wrote:

Max box?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 am 

assfly wrote:
Distasteful and embarrassing. That twat doesn't deserve the publicity he's seeking, so the less said about him the better.

I'd love to hear that someone king hit him after the match.

That would be very harsh and a bit nasty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 am 

HKCJ wrote:
Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

Times have changed Sards and by displaying that flag they are alienating and hurting a huge swathe of the country. Like it or not it’s a symbol of a pretty shameful time in SAs history that needs to be moved on from. Whoever waved it has either had it stored for 24 years or they’ve gone out and bought it knowing they’d be upsetting people. Besides, the new flag is the Shizzle and one of my fave country flags (which I happily waved with my missus at the Cricket in Wellington last year when SA won).

Chap, you still with the Saffa yep? You got used to the now / just now / now now stuff yet?
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 am 

Yeah. After spending so much time in SA last year and a bit I’ve got the lingo down pat. First thing my family said on our return was why I say ‘ya’ all the time like a posh twat. Am also slowly weening myself off saying okes and shame. I will never use the just now thing though. That’s a step too far.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:46 am 

Hi AC. Good to see you still safe.

Congrats on a game well played, and narrowly lost. You made a good call.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm 

grievous wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Max box?

Where is he

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:06 pm 

Whatever it means flying the flag and what you mean by it, but surely you should be aware of the blowback that flying it receives?

I don't think WT is interested in flying that flag btw, he was never a union man and hates the Nats. He'd be flying the Transvaal flag or the Orange Free State flag more so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Whatever it means flying the flag and what you mean by it, but surely you should be aware of the blowback that flying it receives?

I don't think WT is interested in flying that flag btw, he was never a union man and hates the Nats. He'd be flying the Transvaal flag or the Orange Free State flag more so.

Right on all counts. Well done !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 pm 

HKCJ wrote:
Yeah. After spending so much time in SA last year and a bit I’ve got the lingo down pat. First thing my family said on our return was why I say ‘ya’ all the time like a posh twat. Am also slowly weening myself off saying okes and shame. I will never use the just now thing though. That’s a step too far.

Nice one

Didn’t know you were in SA - how much weight did you gain from being force fed fillet steak at £10 a kilo ?

Nice bunch, saffas - just don’t get them onto a subject like Leon schuster or ‘have you seen this film?’ As they are a complete cultural vacuum.

When you say in law - you get hitched? If so , belated congrats *brofist*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:30 am 

Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

You are proud of a flag under witch the majority of our country men, women and children were subjected to slave labour, forced from their homes and families, restricted movement, live in poverty and were murdered and imprisoned for resistance?

The world is really going mad. :((

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 am 

Bokkom wrote:
WT is in AC's head.

WT is an AC Multi?! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 am 

Edit. Double post thanks to those bloody white outs. :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

You are proud of a flag under witch the majority of our country men, women and children were subjected to slave labour, forced from their homes and families, restricted movement, live in poverty and were murdered and imprisoned for resistance?

tbh I never was a part of that or responsible for that. All I know is that as a 17 year old lighty I went to the border to fight for that flag.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 am 

Sards wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Sards wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

tbh I never was a part of that or responsible for that. All I know is that as a 17 year old lighty I went to the border to fight for that flag.

Do you really think you were fighting for a flag?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:00 am 

UncleFB wrote:

You've got to cut Sards some slack here mate. During our flag debate I lost count of how many times I heard "Men fought and died for that flag" as an argument in favour of retaining the incumbent defaced blue ensign.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:07 am 

booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

You've got to cut Sards some slack here mate. During our flag debate I lost count of how many times I heard "Men fought and died for that flag" as an argument in favour of retaining the incumbent defaced blue ensign.

It's an American thing that seems to have seeped into the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:18 am 

DraadkarD wrote:

It was a flag that gave hope to two countries that had lost all. And were literally with one foot in the grave. The Brits and their Saffer sympathisers worked on the Union, and made it the only workable option. Even a great man like Genl. CR de Wet was fooled by the "Union" idea - although he came to his senses and went into the 1914 Rebellion. With others.
With the British Empire and all authority and civil society behind it, how can a young boy of 17 resist the power and lure of that super nationalistic that flag ? Unless he already has something else ...

Sards, being raised an English speaking South African, with an Afrikaans surname, in those days, was the Super South African. Until they sold him out.

We have a chequered history, Draad, nobody is right all the time.....

Last edited by Wilson's Toffee on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:24 am 

UncleFB wrote:
booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

It's an American thing that seems to have seeped into the rest of the world.

The Union flag was a very emotional issue in SA during the 1910s. Tossing together two British colonies and two sovereign Boer republics as well as a dozen or so Bantu tribal societies (quite a few cultures) was a thing to do. Of course some were oppressed, some more than others.. all according to the sake for economic and political hegemony for the Empire. Fok the rest, they are colonials and can perish or die, for all the Brits care ..

Although I hate the buggers with all of my being, one has to doff the hat to those old colonials - they had unbridled ambition. And cheek. And managed to do unbelievable things in the name of Empire.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:

It was a flag that gave hope to two countries that has lost all. And were literally with one foot in the grave. The Brits and their Saffer sympathisers worked on the Union, and made it the only workable option. Even a great man like Genl. CR de Wet was fooled by the "Union" idea - although he came to his senses and went into the 1914 Rebellion. With others.
With the British Empire and all authority and civil society behind it, how can a young boy of 17 resist the power and lure of that super nationalistic that flag ? Unless he already has something else ...

Sards, being raised an English speaking South African, with an Afrikaans surname, in those days, was the Super South African. Until they sold him out.

We do.However, you must not be sound of mind or heart to find something to be proud of that has lead to the suffering of millions of people. The only way that you find any pride in the old South Africa, is that you (then and now) don't regard black South Africans as your equal. It's that simple.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 am 

Biggest load of shit ever. Anthems and flags should be banned. Fighting for the flag! FFS. We went to the army because we would have been jailed if we didn't. Many were.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Biggest load of shit ever. Anthems and flags should be banned. Fighting for the flag! FFS. We went to the army because we would have been jailed if we didn't. Many were.

Thinly veiled haka dance should be banned comment. :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:02 am 

Quote:
DraadkarD wrote:

It was a flag that gave hope to two countries that has lost all. And were literally with one foot in the grave. The Brits and their Saffer sympathisers worked on the Union, and made it the only workable option. Even a great man like Genl. CR de Wet was fooled by the "Union" idea - although he came to his senses and went into the 1914 Rebellion. With others.

We do.However, you must not be sound of mind or heart to find something to be proud of that has lead to the suffering of millions of people. The only way that you find any pride in the old South Africa, is that you (then and now) don't regard black South Africans as your equal. It's that simple.

[/quote]

Then we must demand that all Brits condemn the Union Jack. And the Scottish Lion Rampant, and the Welsh Dragon, and the Irish harp. And France their Tricolor and Fleur d' Lis. And the USA their Stars and Bars and Stars and Stripes. Most national flags ever will have to be condemned.
What about the hammer and sickle flags ? Guess you might be proud on one, aren't you ?
Regarding your favourite, Winnie's G-string - it symbolises the wholesale corruption and theft, the oppression and dispossession of life , hope and things, of most white people and several million other people, including blacks, by the Communist aligned ANC mafia and their international cohorts. Foisted on the country in an era of enforced change (remarkably like the Union flag) it is more of a symbol of the division and group hatred that exist, than any "unity" (again, much like the Union flag) More people have died in domestic political turmoil under this flag, than under even the Union flag ...

Claiming that pride in a flag (albeit one that I eschew) equates hatred for black people is more than disingenuous, it is a downright falsehood and lie. Shame on you.

I have to work on myself not to hate. Maybe you should try that, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:47 am 

The guy was making a political statement, nothing to do with the flag, if anything he tarnished it?

Thank F... he now lives in New Zealand. We dont need his type in SA. A pity someone could not expose him on social media. A wanker stirring shit who is now deflecting from a great victory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:55 am 

The man is in Kiwiland. The incident occurred there. They were gracious hosts. Let them deal with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:31 am 

Sad state of affairs but not surprising that certain types of South Africans are proud of that flag.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:38 am 

BokJock wrote:
Sad state of affairs but not surprising that certain types of South Africans are proud of that flag.

Well, a great part of the segment of society that you belonged to in South Africa (British/South African) actually pushed for the adoption of that flag. 1910- onward. Especially the union jack part of it ... Guess they would still support it ..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:45 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:

And our new flag....must we lose hope and respect for it because 55 people are being murdered a day.....thats almost half a million people since 1994.........More people are unemployed than employed causing untold suffering to over 16 million people......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am 

Just as bad as those in SA that supports the all blacks and when they defeat SA, they drive around in town with horns blowing disrupting traffic.