Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:07 pm 

WR are at it again. This time Billy Bo https://twitter.com/BillBeaumont/status/1102190854360518656

Quote:
I am convening a meeting of Chairmen and CEOs from tier one unions, Fiji and Japan, and player representatives in Dublin later this month to consider the way forward for an annual international competition. Full statement attached.This forum will be an extended joint meeting of the Professional Game Committee and our Executive Committee, the groups who oversee the project. The international importance of the British & Irish Lions, 6 Nations and The Rugby Championship are recognized, protected and at the heart of this project

Nothing about paywall or non participating nations. All the outrage has done is apparently switched USA with FIJI... Now they're gonna start appeasing all parties until they get their way and the end result will be the same.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:26 pm 

The comments in the thread are great...

Quote:
U.R.U.
‏Verified account @RugbyUruguay
4h4 hours ago
Replying to @BillBeaumont

Sorry Bill, but there is much more rugby than that. The point is not only who plays, is about pushing for an open mind and join the concept of Global Rugby.
Regions represents Tier 2/3 and Development Unions.
Why they are not on the table?
@sudamericarugby
1 reply 18 retweets 89 likes

Quote:
Bex S
‏ @becca_charlie
7h7 hours ago
Replying to @BillBeaumont @rugbyworldcup

Just a thought, but you could also invite the Chairs and CEOs of the Tier 2 unions... 🙄

Just a couple as examples.

I get the general idea, some sort of global season has been discussed at length. The problem is these arseclowns are so stuck in Blazer mode they can't see past the corporate opportunity and have lost sight of the foundations of the game.

Players and fans.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:39 am 

These guys are just thick. Even if you don't care about tier 2/3 and are happy for them to die off, you're killing the RWC golden goose. Such a stupid idea on so many levels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:42 am 

Plus 100000000000

These arseholes really perpetuate the negative stereotype Mungos and followers of other sports have of union

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 am 

This is the worst idea I have heard off. Phuck are Gus and Billy Bo thinking. Did they have dinner Sep!?! I mean really, just stop, period with this idea.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 am 

guy smiley wrote:
I get the general idea, some sort of global season has been discussed at length. The problem is these arseclowns are so stuck in Blazer mode they can't see past the corporate opportunity and have lost sight of the foundations of the game.

Players and fans.

:nod: :thumbup: +manyprides.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:56 am 

Its illustrative to see that on this most divisive of forums where people will argue about anything that nearly everyone is in agreement that this world league idea stinks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 am 

Sensible Stephen wrote:
These guys are just thick. Even if you don't care about tier 2/3 and are happy for them to die off, you're killing the RWC golden goose. Such a stupid idea on so many levels.

100% agree! WR just want more control and more money for themselves from their corporate friends.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 am 

blindcider wrote:
Its illustrative to see that on this most divisive of forums where people will argue about anything that nearly everyone is in agreement that this world league idea stinks.

:thumbup: I think this is extending to literally all Rugby forums and every comment I've seen on social media.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 am 

blindcider wrote:

I like it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
blindcider wrote:

:thumbup: I think this is extending to literally all Rugby forums and every comment I've seen on social media.

Yup. It's pretty much everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:

100% agree! WR just want more control and more money for themselves from their corporate friends.

Yeah and away from CVC.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 am 

guy smiley wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
blindcider wrote:

Yup. It's pretty much everyone.

I admire whoever leaked the model that was basically was the worst possible version of what they're attempting, that few of the relevent parties would agree with. No doubt the were workshoping a few models.

After the leak, anything other than a complete rework is basically dead in the water.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 am 

blindcider wrote:

Not only that. Tier2 forum and PR are also in agreement along with Georgian forums. Even the trolls are falling in line.

We need these fuckers in Gaza..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 am 

World Rugby need to be very careful. This is such a terrible, universally dislike concept, that if they fail to take on board the negative feedback from all stakeholders they risk losing control of the sport. Were World Rugby to decide to be stubborn, dig their heels in and enforce their flawed 'World League' concept, they'd be leaving themselves very exposed to a hostile take over of the game. A Super League, World Series Cricket type scenario would be see World Rugby lose control of the sport of Rugby Union.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:48 am 

FullbackAce wrote:
blindcider wrote:

Not only that. Tier2 forum and PR are also in agreement along with Georgian forums. Even the trolls are falling in line.

We need these fuckers in Gaza

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
World Rugby need to be very careful. This is such a terrible, universally dislike concept, that if they fail to take on board the negative feedback from all stakeholders they risk losing control of the sport. Were World Rugby to decide to be stubborn, dig their heels in and enforce their flawed 'World League' concept, they'd be leaving themselves very exposed to a hostile take over of the game. A Super League, World Series Cricket type scenario would be see World Rugby lose control of the sport of Rugby Union.

My worry here is they will do the "We are listening thing" and believe they just need to tweek things not realise the whole concept is utterly disliked and should be rejected outright. The fact they have not rejected it, but want to "discuss things" shows how they are still clinging onto this concept while deaf to the backlash.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:24 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

My worry here is they will do the "We are listening thing" and believe they just need to tweek things not realise the whole concept is utterly disliked and should be rejected outright. The fact they have not rejected it, but want to "discuss things" shows how they are still clinging onto this concept while deaf to the backlash.

Is it utterly disliked by the southern hemisphere unions? I though they were licking their lips at this idea.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 am 

slick wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Is it utterly disliked by the southern hemisphere unions? I though they were licking their lips at this idea.

Well Kieran Reed hasn't made his bosses very happy by speaking out against it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:46 am 

slick wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Did you?

Did you think that?

All on your own?

Well done. What are you going to think tomorrow?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:00 am 

guy smiley wrote:
slick wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Did you?

Did you think that?

All on your own?

Eh? Quite an odd post.

Every report I've read this week says that the SH unions are behind the idea because they haven't got any cash. Is that not the case?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:04 am 

slick wrote:

Eh? Quite an odd post.

Every report I've read this week says that the SH unions are behind the idea because they haven't got any cash. Is that not the case?

The SH have been driving for the Global season. One thing they have not been driving for and do not support is the exclusion of the Tier 2 teams.

Two different issues.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:07 am 

slick wrote:

It is the case ... but obviously they've gotta disown version 1.0 which turned into a shitshow and got flushed down the dunny.

They'll cut the warts off and see where it goes next. :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:09 am 

slick wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
slick wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Did you?

Did you think that?

All on your own?

Eh? Quite an odd post.

Perhaps a few individuals on the WR council like Gosper, Tew and co hought it was a good idea, but as soon as the backlash to the idea came from every direction in the SH, they've done some serious backpedalling. Cutting out the PI and Georgia has got everyones backs up.

I'd like to see fans at 6N and Soup games produce a few banners with "WR Sucks"to give a fan message direct to these WR wankers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am 

obelixtim wrote:
Perhaps a few individuals on the WR council like Gosper, Tew and co hought it was a good idea

No one owns a failure, man :lol:

Especially Sanzaar!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:15 am 

guy smiley wrote:
slick wrote:

Eh? Quite an odd post.

The SH have been driving for the Global season. One thing they have not been driving for and do not support is the exclusion of the Tier 2 teams.

Two different issues.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:30 am 

Have to say I'm shocked by Pichot's involvement in this, everything I've read previously suggested he was a big advocate of the Tier 2/3 game...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:33 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:

Agreed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:40 am 

polyallstar wrote:
Have to say I'm shocked by Pichot's involvement in this, everything I've read previously suggested he was a big advocate of the Tier 2/3 game...

TBF, it wasn't him who wanted to rule out promo/relegation.

Who do you think it was? (Hint: started with a 6 and then expanded)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:49 am 

kiap wrote:
polyallstar wrote:

Even if there is promotion/relegation it's still a terrible idea as it means Tier 2 nations NEVER get to play Tier 1 unless they are promoted. The new calendar should increase the number of cross-tier games (or as I've advocated before A teams v Tier 2) not decrease them...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 am 

polyallstar wrote:

Pichot has managed to conflict himself out of just about every decision that world rugby is making at the.moment. not sure he is the administrative genius everyone seems to think he is

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:54 am 

749a wrote:
polyallstar wrote:

Pichot has managed to conflict himself out of just about every decision that world rugby is making at the.moment. not sure he is the administrative genius everyone seems to think he is

This will read like a sort of sick B grade novel but...

Pichot has likely found himself in a mixing with the big boys situation where he's still carrying enough real rugby world connection to have naively thought he would be able to make a difference...

and he's actually surrounded by clowns such as Beaumont and Gosper who are so far up the corporate arse sniffing trail the idea of rugby is a fond memory that now provides the vehicle for what they view as the real business. That being business, of course. Not rugby.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:31 pm 

polyallstar wrote:
kiap wrote:
polyallstar wrote:

Even if there is promotion/relegation it's still a terrible idea as it means Tier 2 nations NEVER get to play Tier 1 unless they are promoted. The new calendar should increase the number of cross-tier games (or as I've advocated before A teams v Tier 2) not decrease them...

C'mon then. Exactly how many games are you suggesting, say, the All Blacks play against T2?

And how many do they play overall?

(If you can answer this, you get one rubber stamp) :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 pm 

Well the ABs play three against Cheika’s Wallabies a year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:50 pm 

Thanx BiV ...

GS or 749a, one of you boys want to step in here? Bloke seems to have become indisposed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 pm 

blindcider wrote:

They're actually playing the long game and looking to unite all rugby supporters. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 pm 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 pm 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:14 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They are a bit shit, it has to be said :lol:

Lemme put the question to you tho:

How many games do you say England should play against T2?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:28 pm 

kiap wrote:

How many games do you say England should play against T2?

Minimum 2 - We play France, Italy and Scotland every year though so are ahead of the curve