Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 am 

Article in the Guardian says several European countries recently changed their safety standards to ban combustible material, I wonder how they can change their laws but Britain can't.

Also says the there's 2 types of cladding produced by the company, the cheaper one for £22 per square meter, or £24 for a fire resistant version

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 am 

Yer Man wrote:
armchair pundit wrote:
I've never heard so much horseshit in my life.

Keep engaging with Silver and you'll have to review that statement.

Silver is usually just a tedious loon but his trolling on this thread is a bit disgusting. I don't understand why more people don't just have him on ignore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 am 

MrJonno wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
armchair pundit wrote:

Silver is usually just a tedious loon but his trolling on this thread is a bit disgusting. I don't understand why more people don't just have him on ignore.

Because some appreciate posts based on facts.

But I raise the level that the brain-dead collective (like yourself) hate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 am 

Silver wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
armchair pundit wrote:

You're trolling a disaster thread. That's low behaviour and you should know better. If you don't, then you're a candidate for banning or ignoring at least.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 am 

Silver wrote:
and here is the picture of the approval for the cladding used. So Hammond shoots his mouth off without knowing the facts. and seems to get it completely wrong

Isn't it the insulation that is at issue here?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:13 am 

Extract from House of Cards 1993, has uncanny parallels with the Grenfell Tower disaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Silver wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
armchair pundit wrote:

You're trolling a disaster thread. That's low behaviour and you should know better. If you don't, then you're a candidate for banning or ignoring at least.

Crap. I'm posting facts that are directly relevant to this thread. its just that the EU supporters don't like these facts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Silver wrote:
and here is the picture of the approval for the cladding used. So Hammond shoots his mouth off without knowing the facts. and seems to get it completely wrong

The insulation is within the panel.

Not sure when that certificate is from however, so could be out of date.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:15 am 

Silver wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Crap. I'm posting facts that are directly relevant to this thread. its just that the EU supporters don't like these facts.

You are posting your opinion, as usual presenting that as fact, and abusing people who disagree.

That, my sad and addled friend, is trolling.

I suggest, politely, that you stop.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 am 

ID2 wrote:
Article in the Guardian says several European countries recently changed their safety standards to ban combustible material, I wonder how they can change their laws but Britain can't.

Also says the there's 2 types of cladding produced by the company, the cheaper one for £22 per square meter, or £24 for a fire resistant version

So if the building is 60m x 20m x 20m then the area in question is 24,000m2 and sometimes decided to put flammable cladding up to save less than 50k.

Fcuk me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Silver wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

You are posting your opinion, as usual presenting that as fact, and abusing people who disagree.

That, my sad and addled friend, is trolling.

I suggest, politely, that you stop.

He probably has a few actual facts strewn amongst his nonsense but for me when he makes up EU regulation* (or anything else he can think of) to fit his agenda, he is trolling

*or deliberately misinterprets it to mean the opposite of what it actually means

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am 

theo wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Silver wrote:

My bad. Missed reading the PE bit.

OK. Now I am confused. I thought PE was explicitly banned under EC law for such applications? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am 

theo wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Silver wrote:

I don't know is Hammond is right or wrong. I would suggest that Silver knows that certificate does not mean the boards were legally applied on that building. I suggest not replying to any more of his posts on this thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
theo wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Silver wrote:

My bad. Missed reading the PE bit.

OK. Now I am confused. I thought PE was explicitly banned under EC law for such applications? :?

I think that is what needs to be established.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 am 

We know the panels were approved it's just Hammond said not over 18m high.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:

:thumbup:

Quote:
Although Hammond said that the material used in the Grenfell Tower refurbishment, containing flammable polyethylene, was “banned” in the UK, a Treasury spokesman said later that what he meant was that it was banned for buildings of a certain height.

Hammond was referring to a statement issued by the department for communities at the end of last week when it was asked to clarify the legal position. It said: “Cladding using a composite aluminium panel with a polyethylene core would be non-compliant with current Building Regulations guidance. This material should not be used as cladding on buildings over 18m in height.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ip-hammond

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:
Although Hammond said that the material used in the Grenfell Tower refurbishment, containing flammable polyethylene, was “banned” in the UK, a Treasury spokesman said later that what he meant was that it was banned for buildings of a certain height.

Hammond was referring to a statement issued by the department for communities at the end of last week when it was asked to clarify the legal position. It said: “Cladding using a composite aluminium panel with a polyethylene core would be non-compliant with current Building Regulations guidance. This material should not be used as cladding on buildings over 18m in height.”

Someone is going to prison. That is shocking. How the hell did the Council, project managers/architects, cladding supplier and contractor not know that? And how the hell did the Building regs inspector sign it off. Corporate manslaughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 am 

theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

Someone is going to prison. That is shocking. How the hell did the Council, project managers/architects, cladding supplier and contractor not know that? And how the hell did the Building regs inspector sign it off. Corporate manslaughter.

Also who is selling this to them, surely knowing damn well that its illegal and could be deadly? plums.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am 

croyals wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

Also who is selling this to them, surely knowing damn well that its illegal and could be deadly? plums.

That'll be the supplier.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am 

theo wrote:
croyals wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

That'll be the supplier.....

I should read posts fully...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am 

theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

The first really informative comments on the thread.

Now, Cato, we are getting somewhere.

Last edited by armchair pundit on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
theo wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Silver wrote:

I don't know is Hammond is right or wrong. I would suggest that Silver knows that certificate does not mean the boards were legally applied on that building. I suggest not replying to any more of his posts on this thread

Richard is an expert on EU law.

If he claims its ok to use this cladding based on the EU regulations (that the UK must adopt) and certificates there is over a 90% likelihood that it is. and the contractors said they have complied with the regulations

So I suggest we don't throw mud at the contractors or Council.

Quote:
Once an EAD exists, a manufacturer can apply to a national Technical Assessment Body (TAB) and ask it, on the basis of the EAD, to produce a European Technical Assessment (ETA) in respect of their products. This becomes the basis of a formal Declaration of Performance (DoP) which then allows the manufacturer to CE-mark their product. This in turn allows the manufacturer to sell the product throughout the EU (EEA).

Interestingly, the very product said to have been used to clad Grenfell Tower has been given an ETA in the form of an Agrément Certificate issued by the British Board of Agrément (BBA) (pictured). This is the relevant TAB for certifying that the product is "fit for purpose" and conforms with UK Building Regulations.

This completely contradicts Chancellor Philip Hammond's assertion that the cladding used on Grenfell Tower, which has been widely blamed for spreading the blaze, is banned in the UK on (areas of) buildings above 18 metres. It is also at odds with the claim by the Department for Communities and Local Government, which has said that, if this cladding was used, "it would not comply with current building regulations".

The Agrément Certificate attests that, in relation to the Building Regulations for reaction to fire, the panels may be regarded as having a Class 0 surface – which is the standard set in Building Regulations Approved Document B1 (see page 95).

Last edited by Silver on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 am 

theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

It's not the supplier's responsibility really to govern this. You place an order for a certain number of panels and they give them to you. If the contractor then puts them where they were not supposed to go then he will pay the price.

Lots of blame to go around here if the regulations state that explicitly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am 

Rumham wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

It's not the supplier's responsibility really to govern this. You place an order for a certain number of panels and they give them to you. If the contractor then puts them where they were not supposed to go then he will pay the price.

The architects are f**ked.

If the builders (contractor or subcontractor) new they were prohibited on hih rise buildigs and didnt say anything, then theyre f**ked too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:07 am 

theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

Maybe because it had the appropriate certificate for this work. as the contractor has stated and is shown above.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 am 

armchair pundit wrote:
Rumham wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

The architects are f**ked.

If the builders (contractor or subcontractor) new they were prohibited on hih rise buildigs and didnt say anything, then theyre f**ked too.

Not if the cladding had the appropriate certificate. as it appears it did. My prediction is no one will go to prison as it's an EU f++k up. But time will tell. Richard may be wrong. Its shouldn't be too hard to find out though

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 am 

[quote="Silver"][/quote]

Your desperation to blame this on the EU is quite sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 am 

Rumham wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

These aren't off the shelf items. They're made to order so yes they will have known and given it's there business they should also know the relevant country's building regs.

In terms of signing it off I've been reading that Blair loosened these rules. It's apparently largely self sign off now, Fire brigade isn't required to chip in with feedback and sign off either any more. How this happened is going to pull in a lot of people who are culpable to varying degrees.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 am 

Zakar wrote:
Silver wrote:

I don't think people should throw mud at the Council or contractors if it's an EU f++k up. If this cladding panel was certified for this work etc then we should stand up for the council and contractors as a matter of decency. Not throw mud if they have followed all the regulations etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 am 

Silver wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Silver wrote:

I don't think people should throw mud at the Council or contractors if it's an EU f++k up. If this cladding panel was certified for this work etc then we should stand up for the council and contractors as a matter of decency. Not throw mud if they have followed all the regulations etc.

You're an idiot. Piss off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am 

Rumham wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

Yes that's a fair point, though you'd hope there would be some warning labelling that comes with the panels.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am 

theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

At this moment I'm not to bothered about if it was banned or not. These boards are obviously unsafe so why is it they were used on that building yet the neighbouring council had used more expensive fire resistant boards on it's buildings that were being refurbished at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am 

Silver wrote:

Not if the cladding had the appropriate certificate. as it appears it did. My prediction is no one will go to prison as it's an EU f++k up. But time will tell. Richard may be wrong. Its shouldn't be too hard to find out though

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am 

Silver wrote:

You have no idea how building works so just stop it ffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 am 

theo wrote:
Silver wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Silver wrote:

Why? Do you want to have a pop at the council or contractors etc. If so it makes you a complete and utter prick. I look at the facts before I do this. and based on the facts I have posted above it looks to me like they might not be to blame

But let throw mud and put the boot in anyway

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Rumham wrote:
theo wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Quote:

These aren't off the shelf items. They're made to order so yes they will have known and given it's there business they should also know the relevant country's building regs.

In terms of signing it off I've been reading that Blair loosened these rules. It's apparently largely self sign off now, Fire brigade isn't required to chip in with feedback and sign off either any more. How this happened is going to pull in a lot of people who are culpable to varying degrees.

They are off the shelf products. There is no logic to custom making these or else they would cost about 200 quid a panel. They are mass produced items and you just order them as specced on the drawings you received for tender.

Edit: they will be manufactured once you order them but they are standard products and act the same as an off the shelf item does - nothing is changed for specs. You ask for 1,000 panels and you get a 1,00 panels. It would not be unusual for no questions to be asked beyond what are the payment and delivery terms.

Last edited by Rumham on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am 

TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:
ID2 wrote:

So if the building is 60m x 20m x 20m then the area in question is 24,000m2 and sometimes decided to put flammable cladding up to save less than 50k.

Fcuk me.

£9600 saving.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am 

Rumham wrote:
Silver wrote:

I have posted an article above written by an EU expert

Too many just want to have a pop at the council or contractors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 am 

fatcat wrote:
TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:
ID2 wrote:

Fcuk me.

£9600 saving.

But did the contractors know of the fire risk. Or assume that if they were certified for this type of job (and what I have posted above it seems they were) they were OK

To me we should wait to find out if the cladding was certified for this job or not before throwing mud.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 am 

Silver wrote:
Rumham wrote:
Silver wrote:

I have posted an article above written by an EU expert

Too many just want to have a pop at the council or contractors

Is he a building expert? Because that is the only items relevant here. How have the panels been applied and whether this breaches local regulations or not which can only be set by the UK.

It appears they have been used for high rise construction when it was clearly stated this was not allowed so the issue is now with those who designed and installed the project. Or with the contractor who possibly replaced other materials specced with these cheaper panels. It really is that simple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 46  Next