Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Pick the score
Poll ended at Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 am
Wobs by 15 or more 26%  26%  [ 10 ]
Wobs by 8 to 14 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
Wobs by 1 to 7 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Draw 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Jocks by 1 to 7 36%  36%  [ 14 ]
Jocks by 8 to 14 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Jocks by 15 or more 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:21 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
Auckman wrote:
just saw this result. Deary me. You would expect a Scotland B team to be beaten by the wobbs at home.

but then again, Scotland beat them a couple of years ago I seem to remember.

They were missing a couple of players, but I think it would be unfair to label them a B team...

And the Scots have come a long way the past couple of years.

Their 7s team is quite impressive. Their player development systems must be bearing fruit. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 am 

HKCJ wrote:
I see the usual suspects are going down the 'intercepts and charge downs are just lucky tries route' they used in the World Cup only this time they didn't have a dodgy ref to save them. :lol:

Good to see a poor winner, didnt think the Scots had any on here

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:26 am 

HKCJ wrote:
I see the usual suspects are going down the 'intercepts and charge downs are just lucky tries route' they used in the World Cup only this time they didn't have a dodgy ref to save them. :lol:

:lol: What? This is such a weird narrative you guys are pushing. There's been one, maybe two, Australian posters going down that line of things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:44 am 

Dumbledore wrote:
HKCJ wrote:

:lol: What? This is such a weird narrative you guys are pushing. There's been one, maybe two, Australian posters going down that line of things.

Which is why I said usual suspects and not Ozzie supporters en masse who have been very gracious. :thumbup: The last 6 games between the two have all been 6 point or less margins yet still there are many predicting 20 point thrashings etc and any less is simply a failure of Australia. You can forgive us for it grating a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:52 am 

Clearly HCKJ aka Muzza is having a dig at me. I merely commented that 2 Scottish tries came about as a result of ineptness. Will Genia's ineptness more specifically.

Also said you were deserved winners. And scored a cracking winning try.

Neither of these statements are false as far as i can tell.

Do i need to cyber fellate you as well?

Re Oz...Our ranking should be 7 or 8 at the moment. My pre match prediction was clearly way off

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:07 am 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
Clearly HCKJ aka Muzza is having a dig at me. I merely commented that 2 Scottish tries came about as a result of ineptness. Will Genia's ineptness more specifically.

Re Oz...Our ranking should be 7 or 8 at the moment. My pre match prediction was clearly way off

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:27 am 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:

Thanks for the offer but my load has already bolted watching the YouTube highlights once again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:41 am 

HKCJ wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:

Thanks for the offer but my load has already bolted watching the YouTube highlights once again.

You always that quick.....poor girlfriend :((

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:07 pm 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:

7th or 8th?
I am happy with NZ, England and Ireland ahead of us. We are about even with Scotland. We are better than Wales, SA, France, Argies and Italy.
I reckon 4th is about right. Worst case 5th.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:18 pm 

Farva,

I admire your optimism. We are standing still, or going backwards, as a team. Others are improving.

The outlook is bearish, I have to admit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:18 pm 

I'm really not too keen on this new breakdown policy. The majority of breakdowns in that test were contested by one other player besides the ball carrier or tackler from the Wallabies?? Stats courtesy of FF over at G&G.

Part of defensive strategy? x( x( x(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:23 pm 

Under 20s just beat the Aussies too...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:25 pm 

I like haggis wrote:

Asterix next to that win

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:27 pm 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Asterix next to that win

?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:28 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Asterix next to that win

?

It's like the asterix next to the Joubert one I'd imagine...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:29 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Asterix next to that win

?

Difference being i wont be bringing this up in 2 years.

Your bitter tears are especially tasty.

Time to move on mate :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:32 pm 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Was just explaining the * m8.

Best of luck to Aussie rugby, enjoy winning games vs you guys now but the decline is tough to watch - always liked the Wallabies.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:34 pm 

wamberal99 wrote:
Farva,

I admire your optimism. We are standing still, or going backwards, as a team. Others are improving.

The pro game is not doing well.
Having said that we are 4th or maybe 5th best team in the world. Which teams push ahead of us to make that not true?
I want us to be 1st or 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:35 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Best of luck to Aussie rugby, enjoy winning games vs you guys now but the decline is tough to watch - always liked the Wallabies.

:lol:

You had a good win yesterday.

Don't get ahead of yourself though champ. We might be having a rough trot at the moment. On the plus side i have seen my rugby team win a couplw of world cups and beat the All Blacks.

I've got that at least i guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm 

Since we are bringing up the 2015 world cup. Poor decision really. Should have been a scrum feed to Aus.
Im still confident we would have got forward and either slotted a drop goal orwon another penalty.
I dont think Scotland would have won regardless.
So not really an asterisk.
Won fairly and squarely yesterday mind. Although I am confident we would win of we have a second test.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:39 pm 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Don't get ahead of yourself though champ. We might be having a rough trot at the moment. On the plus side i have seen my rugby team win a couplw of world cups and beat the All Blacks.

A long time ago now though unfortunately, it's not really getting ahead of myself. The Aus under20s don't seem to do all that much and the stories you see about money problems and participation is tough to read. Rugby is stronger with a good Wallaby side and I just hope you guys can turn this around.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:39 pm 

This thread turned quickly after the warm cyber hugs between Kiap and Lorthen Nights yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:41 pm 

At the amateur level the game is going from strength to strength. Shute shueld games are getting close to Super rugby crowd levels.
Its the pro game that is in trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:43 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

A long time ago now though unfortunately, it's not really getting ahead of myself. The Aus under20s don't seem to do all that much and the stories you see about money problems and participation is tough to read. Rugby is stronger with a good Wallaby side and I just hope you guys can turn this around.

Er we beat the ABs in 2015. Made a RWC final in 2015.

Long time ago :lol:

A long time ago is "never". You would be more familiar with that i imagine

Form is temporary class is permanent. We will be fine mate. Appreciate your concern but not necessary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:43 pm 

Toro wrote:
This thread turned quickly after the warm cyber hugs between Kiap and Lorthen Nights yesterday.

Too much love is bad for the constitution.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:44 pm 

Farva wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
Farva,

The pro game is not doing well.
Having said that we are 4th or maybe 5th best team in the world. Which teams push ahead of us to make that not true?
I want us to be 1st or 2nd.

Wamberal is an eternal pessimist. Save your breath

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm 

We are definitely in a rebuilding phase. There was 1 forward in our starting pack yesterday who also started in the 2015 RWC final.
It all comes back to the forwards and this current pack has a long way to go.
The RC may get really ugly for us but hopefully we come out the other side on an upward trajectory leading towards 2019.

The coaching is also a big part of it and what worked for Cheika in 2014 at the Tahs and in 2015 with the Wobs is not working now. Is he a good enough coach to come to terms with that and take the current bunch down a different path?

Time will tell.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:23 pm 

Reckon we cpuld build a pack around Coleman, Arnold and Hooper. Dempsey will get there at 6 and Hardwick will be another long term option. Up forward TPN is back with his yips to the lineout but is yuge in the scrum. He is a better option than Moore. And Latu is fine. Other than Kepu who is world class our props are young and by 2019 will be right. We just need to find an 8.
In the backs Foley is vital. Genia shouldnt be starting. We should have seen what Powell and Gordon could do, and maybe given Conroy a ahot.
Our back three are fine, but Id love to see what Koribiete can do. And we need to tell the guys to hold on to the ball, nostipid chip kicks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:25 pm 

Farva wrote:
Reckon we cpuld build a pack around Coleman, Arnold and Hooper. Dempsey will get there at 6 and Hardwick will be another long term option. Up forward TPN is back with his yips to the lineout but is yuge in the scrum. He is a better option than Moore. And Latu is fine. Other than Kepu who is world class our props are young and by 2019 will be right. We just need to find an 8.
In the backs Foley is vital. Genia shouldnt be starting. We should have seen what Powell and Gordon could do, and maybe given Conroy a ahot.
Our back three are fine, but Id love to see what Koribiete can do. And we need to tell the guys to hold on to the ball, nostipid chip kicks.

I reckon it will be Pocock at 8 next year and in 2019. So we need a decent back-up and a couple of good lineout jumping 6s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm 

Farva wrote:
At the amateur level the game is going from strength to strength. Shute shueld games are getting close to Super rugby crowd levels.

What the hell are you talking about? Where did this get this from?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 pm 

Olo wrote:
Farva wrote:

I reckon it will be Pocock at 8 next year and in 2019. So we need a decent back-up and a couple of good lineout jumping 6s

Pocock at 8? Again? Why?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:31 pm 

grievous wrote:
Olo wrote:
Farva wrote:

Pocock at 8? Again? Why?

Pocock definitely starting somewhere... because... rugby?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:43 pm 

Arnold isn't ready for international rugby I think thats why Chrika has been persisting with Carter. It's better to let Arnold develop before guaranteeing a regular spot otherwise he'll never learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:00 pm 

Slim 293 wrote:
grievous wrote:
Olo wrote:
Farva wrote:

Pocock at 8? Again? Why?

It didn't work. Move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:03 pm 

I like haggis wrote:

Yes seems exactly the same sort of errors made as per the seniors game yesterday so the dumbness permeates right down the chain.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:05 pm 

grievous wrote:
Farva wrote:

Took a little poetic license but qerent there over 10k at the shute shield final last yeat.
And the ArU report has player numbers up year on year. Sure who they measure isnt necessarily who we would sy is a rugby player but that is the same measure year on year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:11 pm 

Farva wrote:
grievous wrote:
Farva wrote:

Took a little poetic license but qerent there over 10k at the shute shield final last yeat.
And the ArU report has player numbers up year on year. Sure who they measure isnt necessarily who we would sy is a rugby player but that is the same measure year on year.

Not sure about the crowds but the tv figures for the shute shuwld match of the day as up there with soup tv numbers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:16 pm 

Location: “The only difference between a Nigerian prince and a Russian hack, is spell check,”
Olo wrote:
I'm really not too keen on this new breakdown policy. The majority of breakdowns in that test were contested by one other player besides the ball carrier or tackler from the Wallabies?? Stats courtesy of FF over at G&G.

Part of defensive strategy? x( x( x(

Agreed, looked like they couldn't be bothered contesting any breakdowns. Consequently, never looked like winning any. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:05 pm 

grievous wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
grievous wrote:
Olo wrote:
Farva wrote:

Pocock at 8? Again? Why?

It didn't work. Move on.

Care to elaborate on that?

What didn't work?

Pocock was our best performing backrower... and the stats without him speak for themselves.

And who else would you suggest?

Last edited by Slim 293 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Asterix next to that win

?

Not even close.

Try awarded after TMO review. Aussie flanker grabbed a hold of Scottish flanker at scrum who then grabbed him back which prevented Aussie flanker from tackling Scottish scrum half running through the gap.

Ref in explaining his decision saw that Aussie flanker had held on first and that it didn't impact the player making the tackle and awarded the try.

Video at the link.

https://twitter.com/worldrugby/status/8 ... 0856720384

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next