Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 14602
Location: Westerlands
grubberkick wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
Santa wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:

On what occasion?


On each occasion they they did something. Or didn't do anything.


Disagree about "appropriate" though. The Naholo try should have been brought back. Any sane rugby fan knows this, but I wasn't complaining as we thoroughly deserved to get beaten. That was a block though, and fair play to him for getting away with it.


So can we agree that it works and influences results and is worth persevering with despite the additional coaching workload? Wonder which coach deals with it, attacking defence?


I'd say it's more player instinct. With experience, you learn how to block, slow ball down, obstruct mildly etc. Again, fair fucks to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18769
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
grubberkick wrote:
Santa wrote:
Anyone got any numbers around rates of blockage running per game per team properly ranked so that we can understand the scale of New Zealand's perfidy?


Enzedder is well up on it? ;)


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 215
Location: Titty cow city, the kingdom
This kind if thing happens in all pro sport. If one team are better at it then everyone else needs to catch up, but it's a big if. Maybe we can get some independent, unbiased analysis using still photos to highlight the offenders in a balanced way, green and gold website- we need you 😀


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 14602
Location: Westerlands
james garner wrote:
This kind if thing happens in all pro sport. If one team are better at it then everyone else needs to catch up, but it's a big if. Maybe we can get some independent, unbiased analysis using still photos to highlight the offenders in a balanced way, green and gold website- we need you 😀


If it's as obvious as they're making it, they clearly aren't necessarily "good" at it. Peyper warned them after that ludicrous one. The good ones are the ones that don't get caught.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3770
Location: Madrid
Hawk97 wrote:
james garner wrote:
This kind if thing happens in all pro sport. If one team are better at it then everyone else needs to catch up, but it's a big if. Maybe we can get some independent, unbiased analysis using still photos to highlight the offenders in a balanced way, green and gold website- we need you 😀


If it's as obvious as they're making it, they clearly aren't necessarily "good" at it. Peyper warned them after that ludicrous one. The good ones are the ones that don't get caught.


Well make up your minds! Have NZ teams been doing it all game every game and not getting pinged for it or not?

If they are getting pinged for it why multiple threads and whinges about it? They must be getting whistled off the park every game. Wish you trolls would get your arguments straight. yeesh. :yawn:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 14602
Location: Westerlands
Toro wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
james garner wrote:
This kind if thing happens in all pro sport. If one team are better at it then everyone else needs to catch up, but it's a big if. Maybe we can get some independent, unbiased analysis using still photos to highlight the offenders in a balanced way, green and gold website- we need you 😀


If it's as obvious as they're making it, they clearly aren't necessarily "good" at it. Peyper warned them after that ludicrous one. The good ones are the ones that don't get caught.


Well make up your minds! Have NZ teams been doing it all game every game and not getting pinged for it or not?

If they are getting pinged for it why multiple threads and whinges about it? They must be getting whistled off the park every game. Wish you trolls would get your arguments straight. yeesh. :yawn:


Mixture. Some are houdini-like firkin experts, like whoever munched Henshaw. And some (was it Lowe?) might as well have announced to the ref that he was doing it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3770
Location: Madrid
Hawk97 wrote:
Toro wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
james garner wrote:
This kind if thing happens in all pro sport. If one team are better at it then everyone else needs to catch up, but it's a big if. Maybe we can get some independent, unbiased analysis using still photos to highlight the offenders in a balanced way, green and gold website- we need you 😀


If it's as obvious as they're making it, they clearly aren't necessarily "good" at it. Peyper warned them after that ludicrous one. The good ones are the ones that don't get caught.


Well make up your minds! Have NZ teams been doing it all game every game and not getting pinged for it or not?

If they are getting pinged for it why multiple threads and whinges about it? They must be getting whistled off the park every game. Wish you trolls would get your arguments straight. yeesh. :yawn:


Mixture. Some are houdini-like firkin experts, like whoever munched Henshaw. And some (was it Lowe?) might as well have announced to the ref that he was doing it.


Yet your second example didn't get pinged for it either. (right?)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6299
Location: no longer at this address
So, if the refs for the tests can sort out the wibbly wobbly front row, the off the ball blocking obstructions and the general niggle, rugby will be the winner... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3770
Location: Madrid
Of course the Lions could help themselves by attacking with the ball instead of KICKING IT AWAY ALL THE TIME!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20891
None of this is even remotely new. Back in the 90's when literally all Ireland had was the garryowen, every other team we faced would throw in constant jersey grabs, changes in running lines, little shoulder bumps, to slow down the chase. I don't know if the irony of trying to slow Maurice Field and Phil Danagher any more than they already were was lost on the centers of other countries at the time, but in hindsight it probably was a funny sight to watch them try to slalom through congested midfields even without the ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 215
Location: Titty cow city, the kingdom
Toro wrote:
Of course the Lions could help themselves by attacking with the ball instead of KICKING IT AWAY ALL THE TIME!!


No need to shout! Warren is playing a clever game, first test just watch the lions flow with tries. It's all deception..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 399
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three weeks they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17898
Location: Centre of the Universe
brat wrote:
I think the lions offside line requires more scrutiny


:thumbup:


Especially on the umpteen box kicks they do a match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19633
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
rfurlong wrote:
Toro wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Toro wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Blatant blocking of the Lions tackler putting pressure on kicker.

Image


That's a disgusting high tackle by Murray off the ball.


What's Black 13 doing running in front of his player with the ball?
Is it a special move?



15, he's running sideways as he can't advance. Murray tackles him.


why is he running sideways?

could it be that he's looking to impede Murray?

part of the problem with posters like Toro, is that he cannot bring himself to admit Lowe was blatantly cheating. And there are numerous similar examples during the Maori, Highlanders and Crusaders games.

all the Lions fans would fully accept that AWJ should have been pinged for Warburtons try ...... so the kiwis constantly bringing it up as a defence of their own cynical blocking tactics is just fecking sad really.....


Or it could be that Black 15 is moving into position to try and cover red 4 if he gets a charge down. Which is just as likely.

But I don't expect you will even see that as a possibility given it doesn't fit your one-eyed high horse narrative.

Warburton's try isn't being used as a defense for blocking, but to point out the one-eyed "our shit don't stink" whinging that so often seems to come from posters like yourself. It isn't a defense of cynical play (and your team is just as guilty of it as our). It's an attack on senseless one-eyed over the top whinging.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1325
Tbf this tactic wouldn't be as effective if the rugby robots churned out in the British Isles were able to move laterally and had some concept of footwork. This would also give them a few more attacking options than 'hoist and hope' . The Daleks they've bought this time could well win if it's wet and their propaganda team influences the ref, but the reality is the future is players who can identify, create and attack space.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31871
Location: in transit
Marcus50 wrote:
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three weeks they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


A pertinent point that deserves a wider hearing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23135
guy smiley wrote:
Marcus50 wrote:
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three minutes they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


A pertinent point that deserves a wider hearing.


fixed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 876
guy smiley wrote:
Marcus50 wrote:
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three weeks they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


A pertinent point that deserves a wider hearing.




The laugh is that Gatland, a kiwi is the biggest whinger of the Lions tour. A fact that seems to be lost on here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:45 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19633
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Sundy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Marcus50 wrote:
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three weeks they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


A pertinent point that deserves a wider hearing.




The laugh is that Gatland, a kiwi is the biggest whinger of the Lions tour. A fact that seems to be lost on here


It's obviously in the job description. And is probably a performance measure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 876
Fat Old Git wrote:
Sundy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Marcus50 wrote:
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three weeks they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


A pertinent point that deserves a wider hearing.




The laugh is that Gatland, a kiwi is the biggest whinger of the Lions tour. A fact that seems to be lost on here


It's obviously in the job description. And is probably a performance measure.



Must be why so many NZ coaches get employed up north them


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19809
Location: STRAYA CUNT
Mahoney wrote:
Denirostaxidriver wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
Mahoney wrote:
Leaving accusations about which side does it more / more effectively, it's just not possible for human beings to pick up on all this crap in real time. I'm more and more convinced that rugby desperately needs AI. I'd quite like to see what rugby looks like in a world where deliberate law breaking is always seen and treated appropriately.

Would be a penalty every 15 seconds. There's at least one infringement every single phase. Could pretty much give away a couple of penalties each way at any given ruck.


Would start with the kick-off with players being in front. Would not get any better.

You think that if it was guaranteed that players in front at the kick-off would get called, players would continue to risk being in front at the kick-off?

They wouldn't. They'd adjust their behaviour to make damn sure they didn't go in front.

The first dozen-odd games you tried to play like that would be an unwatchable trainwreck. Would be interesting to see it trialled at a lower level of play mind.

Anyway, of course the Kiwis are deliberately blocking. It's just another part of rugby that they're better than the rest of us at.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13894
Location: Kepler 452-b
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19633
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Sundy wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Sundy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Marcus50 wrote:
The laugh is all the NH posters defending Gatland. In three weeks they may well be wanting him boiled in oil for picking too many Welshmen


A pertinent point that deserves a wider hearing.




The laugh is that Gatland, a kiwi is the biggest whinger of the Lions tour. A fact that seems to be lost on here


It's obviously in the job description. And is probably a performance measure.



Must be why so many NZ coaches get employed up north them


It's classic judas sheep technique. Hire a kiwi and get them to complain so you can go "look, even one of your own says you're cheats" as you justify your near constant whingefest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6911
Location: Vandean Coast
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?
Murray is the one who tackles Lowe and takes him out, contact could have been avoided if he really wanted to avoid it.
He would never have got there regardless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13894
Location: Kepler 452-b
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?
Murray is the one who tackles Lowe and takes him out, contact could have been avoided if he really wanted to avoid it.
He would never have got there regardless



:thumbup:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Shit....you're being serious aren't you. You actually believe that. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31871
Location: in transit
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?
Murray is the one who tackles Lowe and takes him out, contact could have been avoided if he really wanted to avoid it.
He would never have got there regardless



:thumbup:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Shit....you're being serious aren't you. You actually believe that. :uhoh:



It is, of course nowhere near as believable as a top flight rugby player deliberately running across to block someone within 5m of the line and the ref.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 810
grubberkick wrote:
Watching the games I have noticed Lions players following up on kicks ahead being blocked by kiwis seeming to deliberately run into their path. This was obvious a few times in the Maori game. I now read that Gatland has been bringing this up with refs. Is it a deliberate tactic or is Gatland getting in first? Sure to be a hot topic for refs in the tests.


Like the Maori first try when Davies was too preoccupied with shunting Milner Skudder [ shoulder ] towards the touchline to prevent him recovering his kick . In doing so he neglected the ball which Messam toed ahead to score .

Laughable - the whole thing is a smoke screen to to minimise scrutiny of the constant negative and illegal play of the Lions with the offside line , killing ruck ball , and offside play at the lineout .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13894
Location: Kepler 452-b
guy smiley wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?
Murray is the one who tackles Lowe and takes him out, contact could have been avoided if he really wanted to avoid it.
He would never have got there regardless



:thumbup:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Shit....you're being serious aren't you. You actually believe that. :uhoh:



It is, of course nowhere near as believable as a top flight rugby player deliberately running across to block someone within 5m of the line and the ref.



no one said James Lowe was a rhodes scholar :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31871
Location: in transit
True... he's no Tony Abbott after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 876
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?



I agree, should be allowed tackle a player without the ball in anticipation of it being passed to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11277
Sundy wrote:
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?



I agree, should be allowed tackle a player without the ball in anticipation of it being passed to them.


Who did Lowe tackle?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31871
Location: in transit
mr bungle wrote:
Sundy wrote:
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?



I agree, should be allowed tackle a player without the ball in anticipation of it being passed to them.


Who did Lowe tackle?


That's not what he's saying...

he's suggesting (and it may be to cover that thuggery from Murray) that tackling a player without the ball should be ok if it's in anticipation of that player receiving it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 876
mr bungle wrote:
Sundy wrote:
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?



I agree, should be allowed tackle a player without the ball in anticipation of it being passed to them.


Who did Lowe tackle?


Nobody. I'm merely agreeing with deadduck and saying it should be okay to infringe because you anticipate something is going to happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11277
Got ya. Watching it live I thought it was a remarkably obvious block.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 876
mr bungle wrote:
Got ya. Watching it live I thought it was a remarkably obvious block.


Neat bit of play if you get away with it tbh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6911
Location: Vandean Coast
Sundy wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Sundy wrote:
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?



I agree, should be allowed tackle a player without the ball in anticipation of it being passed to them.


Who did Lowe tackle?


Nobody. I'm merely agreeing with deadduck and saying it should be okay to infringe because you anticipate something is going to happen.


Which law did Lowe break?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26912
Location: Chickenrunning...
Obstruction


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6299
Location: no longer at this address
deadduck wrote:
L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
i remember just shaking my head watching the Maori game on the weekend when James Lowe did that.

How the fudge the ref missed that I will never know :lol:

Subtle as an atomic bomb ffs



I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?
Murray is the one who tackles Lowe and takes him out, contact could have been avoided if he really wanted to avoid it.
He would never have got there regardless


Imho, more likely indeed that Itoje was the true target for a block and that Murray was acceptable collateral damage....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6911
Location: Vandean Coast
Sandstorm wrote:
Obstruction


I assume you mean one of these

(c)
Blocking the tackler. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that prevents an opponent from tackling a ball carrier.

Sanction: Penalty kick
(d)
Blocking the ball. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that prevents an opponent from playing the ball.

Sanction: Penalty kick


What about this one
(a)
Charging or pushing. When a player and an opponent are running for the ball, either player must not charge or push the other except shoulder-to-shoulder.

Murray should have been pinged


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 876
deadduck wrote:
Sundy wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Sundy wrote:
deadduck wrote:


I reckon FOG is right, Lowe looks like he's running a line to cover Itoje if he got the charge down, and why shouldn't Lowe be allowed to do that? Anticipation is illegal now?



I agree, should be allowed tackle a player without the ball in anticipation of it being passed to them.


Who did Lowe tackle?


Nobody. I'm merely agreeing with deadduck and saying it should be okay to infringe because you anticipate something is going to happen.


Which law did Lowe break?
:lol:

You sure you should be posting on a rugby forum if you can't figure that out mate? Read Law 10 and 11 and come back to us if you are still having difficulties.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], BokStorm, Boobs not Moobs, camroc1, Dork Lard, eldanielfire, El Homerino, fatcat, Fat Old Git, flaggETERNAL, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], Jeff the Bear, jezzer, Jim Lahey, johnstrac, jolindien, Lenny, Margin_Walker, Mr Mike, Mr. Very Popular, Nolanator, paneer, Plastic Sarrie, Porterbelly1, Rinkals, ruckinhell, shereblue, sunnybanana, Ted., Tim., Uthikoloshe, WelshmanJim, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group