Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What's the right decision?
Jeff, you're being a knob, you really ought to chip in with the rest of the office 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Jeff, you're right, you shouldn't have to clean it if you never use it 90%  90%  [ 88 ]
Total votes : 98
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 pm 

Add it to someone's job responsibilities and sack the idiot who bought a machine that needs so much maintenance (I assume it has a built in milk dispenser)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 pm 

I'm really in the minority with this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am 

Sefton wrote:

Why? Are coffee machines like this too heavy to steal? I'd have thought they'd have some scrap value at least.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 am 

happyhooker wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Why? Are coffee machines like this too heavy to steal? I'd have thought they'd have some scrap value at least.

:lol: :lol:

Thefton in the minority :shock: imagine my surprise ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 am 

I would refuse on the basis that cafetiere coffee properly made is far superior and requires enough maintence..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:27 am 

Just start drinking coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:30 am 

My wife works in Facilities and says these machines need daily, proper cleaning or someone WILL get sick. Just sit back and watch them all start dropping like flies :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:31 am 

waguser wrote:
I would refuse on the basis that cafetiere coffee properly made is far superior and requires enough maintence..

Yeah nah, my VBM machine does a proper espresso, every time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:31 am 

What shit foresaken kind of company do you work for, and why can't they afford a cleaner?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 am 

Zakar wrote:
What shit foresaken kind of company do you work for, and why can't they afford a cleaner?

It is why we only have a Nespresso Machine at my office

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:02 am 

bimboman wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
I wonder if the machine says "We invented that" if you select coffee with milk?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:01 am 

deadduck wrote:
The company shouldn't want you wasting your valuable time cleaning a coffee machine ffs

That's not what they pay you for

We have someone in admin that generally does it but they also look after ordering all the milk, coffee etc and liaising with the technicians that need to fix it
Things quickly go to shit when they're not there though

I bet you're the type that leaves dirty dishes in the sink at work

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 am 

No way should you clean it.

Bloody coffee drinkers and office politics are so wank. Mind you, if one of these tossers have any input on your pay rewards, yeah clean it, in fact offer to take over their turn as well.

Then do something horrible into the machine – I bet rabbit/mouse shit is easily obtainable and readily deployed into the machine with a minimum of fuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:39 am 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
deadduck wrote:
The company shouldn't want you wasting your valuable time cleaning a coffee machine ffs

That's not what they pay you for

We have someone in admin that generally does it but they also look after ordering all the milk, coffee etc and liaising with the technicians that need to fix it
Things quickly go to shit when they're not there though

I bet you're the type that leaves dirty dishes in the sink at work

It's a power play

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:43 am 

Ask AWJ to clean it out for you. Then when he flops into it, dents it slightly, then falls over the other side you can claim it's sparklingly clean while all your colleagues complain it's actually complete shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:46 am 

A couple of drops of clear eyes in the water reservoir and the whole lot of the caffiends get explosive diarrhoea. Sorted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 am 

blackblackblack wrote:
A couple of drops of clear eyes in the water reservoir and the whole lot of the caffiends get explosive diarrhoea. Sorted.

:?

I'd just shit at the desk and make Jeff clean that up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 am 

Just to close out the story, I went in today to potentially have another barney over the coffee machine, and the fella who'd started the argument just came over and apologised for the way he acted. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Just to close out the story, I went in today to potentially have another barney over the coffee machine, and the fella who'd started the argument just came over and apologised for the way he acted. :shock:

Did Manny have a word with him about you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

Paquilo backs down so easily nowadays

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am 

guy smiley wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:

Yes, you probably would.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 am 

blackblackblack wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:

Yes, you probably would.

And you'd deserve it for the clear eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 am 

guy smiley wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:50 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

Did you send him a link to this thread?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 pm 

blackblackblack wrote:

Can't imagine they'd have much use for clear eyes in Whangarei.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 pm 

Zakar wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Or ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:03 pm 

RuggaBugga wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:

Can't imagine they'd have much use for clear eyes in Whangarei.

Is this a ref dig?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm 

Zakar wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

LURKER ALERT!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Ted. wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

Too far man. Too far.

It smacks of preciousness if you ask me, Guy. The very next post, Bimbo confirms it. :nod:

Very true Ted. Years... decades, of being terrorised by something called an All Black has them tearing their skirts over something innocuous like the inventing of a Flat White.

We call that an Americano. Kiwis are worse than Aussies for picking up anything not nailed down FFS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:38 pm 

blindcider wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Ted. wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
Too far man. Too far.
It smacks of preciousness if you ask me, Guy. The very next post, Bimbo confirms it. :nod:
Very true Ted. Years... decades, of being terrorised by something called an All Black has them tearing their skirts over something innocuous like the inventing of a Flat White.
We call that an Americano. Kiwis are worse than Aussies for picking up anything not nailed down FFS

Not sure how you can confuse an Americano with a Flat White, did you mean a Long Black (patent pending)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
blindcider wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Not sure how you can confuse an Americano with a Flat White, did you mean a Long Black (patent pending)?

I was talking about the All Black FFS, seems to be a rather obscure name for a coffee.

Isn't "Long Blacks" the name of the Kiwi netball team anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:23 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

I hope you smashed him in the face with the coffee machine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:25 pm 

If you don't drink coffee why should you be responsible for cleaning the machine???

Forget about the fact that it is causing a split in the office - if you brought in a slushie machine and expected people to clean it even though they didn't drink/eat slushies - they'd kick off.

I'd perhaps be raising the issue that a wedge of cash has been spent on a office implement that doesn't benefit every person in the office.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm 

blindcider wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
blindcider wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Ted. wrote:

I was talking about the All Black FFS, seems to be a rather obscure name for a coffee.

Isn't "Long Blacks" the name of the Kiwi netball team anyway?

I assume an All Black us what happens when a bit of clear eye is dropped in the water reservoir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:45 pm 

Gazzamonster wrote:
If you don't drink coffee why should you be responsible for cleaning the machine???

Forget about the fact that it is causing a split in the office - if you brought in a slushie machine and expected people to clean it even though they didn't drink/eat slushies - they'd kick off.

I'd perhaps be raising the issue that a wedge of cash has been spent on a office implement that doesn't benefit every person in the office.

Does every bit of office equipment need to benefit every person in the office? Absurd argument.

Hope you're prepared for the microwave and fridge to be removed because Kerry the fat accounts receivable drone eats maccas for lunch everyday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:50 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

If it comes up again just feck the whole thing in the dish washer..... or better yet a washing machine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm 

Zakar wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Does every bit of office equipment need to benefit every person in the office? Absurd argument.

Hope you're prepared for the microwave and fridge to be removed because Kerry the fat accounts receivable drone eats maccas for lunch everyday.

No - but a massively expensive coffee machine with digital readout and all the bells and whistles certainly seems a little bit above your average £80.00 microwave or £120.00 fridge.

If you want a coffee machine go get a £200.00 one.....don't go spending a couple of grand on something that doesn't benefit every one.

Sorry I'm so absurd having that opinion??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 pm 

Gazzamonster wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

No - but a massively expensive coffee machine with digital readout and all the bells and whistles certainly seems a little bit above your average £80.00 microwave or £120.00 fridge.

If you want a coffee machine go get a £200.00 one.....don't go spending a couple of grand on something that doesn't benefit every one.

Sorry I'm so absurd having that opinion??

So who sets the bar on what's too expensive? This is NZ remember, where people take coffee much more seriously than the UK.

TBH if I was the MD and I'd shelled out some cash on a nice coffee machine for my sta only to have some Welsh prick winge that he'd never use it so shouldn't clean it, I'd be f**king fuming.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:14 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

I bet you gave him a smug look as you strolled back to your corner desk in the garage.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:23 pm 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
The right answer is to tell the bosses to add it to the list of asks for the office cleaner. It may cost a couple of bucks more but if they can afford a flash new coffee machine, they can afford to pay the cleaner a bit more.

And if you haven't got a cleaner, create some employment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next