Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What's the right decision?
Jeff, you're being a knob, you really ought to chip in with the rest of the office 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Jeff, you're right, you shouldn't have to clean it if you never use it 90%  90%  [ 88 ]
Total votes : 98
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32580
Location: in transit
nardol wrote:
ah yes - but did they give us avocado latte



That was Melbourne, you Palestine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14309
Location: SW England (via NZ)
jdogscoop wrote:
My advice to That Welsh Bastard, as he's almost certainly known round the office now, is to investigate the menu of said machine to see if it brews anything you do like. Hot chocolate, perhaps? You could steam up the milk and pour it over your separately acquired chocolate powder, for example. Yummo.

Then you would feel part of the team, could do your bit, and in time lose the nickname.


Perhaps he is like me and prefers to be the office maverick? The renegade? The one when sends passive aggressive emails about the air con at 4am in the morning and shits with the stall door open eyeballing people as they walk in? Perhaps he likes to nick all the office supplies and move the printer around the room randomly? Perhaps he sends angry emails telling people to change the printer toner but hides the toner where no one can find it? Perhaps he likes to bring in his own fan during winter and blast it full power across the entire room? Did you think of that? I bet Jeff is like that too.

Just selfish. Stop being so selfish, jdog. Disgusting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 8545
Denirostaxidriver wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Ted. wrote:
guy smiley wrote:


Too far man. Too far.


It smacks of preciousness if you ask me, Guy. The very next post, Bimbo confirms it. :nod:


Very true Ted. Years... decades, of being terrorised by something called an All Black has them tearing their skirts over something innocuous like the inventing of a Flat White.


Everything that New Zealand has ever given to the world summed up in one post. The All Blacks and coffee with milk. No wonder you take both so seriously.


Chocolate fish as well. You fudge stick


I'm sorry. Do these words mean anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14309
Location: SW England (via NZ)
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm sorry. Do these words mean anything?


It's a fish caught from the river, battered, and then covered in chocolate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 8545
True Blue wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm sorry. Do these words mean anything?


It's a fish caught from the river, battered, and then covered in chocolate.


So that's a no then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12656
Location: Coalfalls
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, a conundrum for the noted intellectual and philosophical giants of the bored. We've had a flash new coffee machine put in at work (the thing looks like one of those ones you get in coffee shops but with a digital display). However, it's so flash, it needs to be cleaned every day. One of the top coffee drinkers in the office put an email out to suggest that everyone in the office should take turns (in an effort to make sure that the cleaning doesn't just fall upon the pool of secretaries).

I instantly asked whether people (i.e. people like me) who don't drink coffee would be expected to clean it. The fella said yes. I said no chance...and now there's a split emerging within the office of those that think everyone should do their bit, and people (obviously those that don't actually drink coffee) who think that asking people who don't drink coffee to clean the coffee machine is taking the piss.

So, what is the right answer?

The right answer is fúck them.

As a private consumer, so to speak, and as a long-ago union rep, my general view is that a voluntary arrangement set up for the benefit of those that partake in it should not try to rope in those not party to the arrangement.

User pays.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15325
MungoMan wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, a conundrum for the noted intellectual and philosophical giants of the bored. We've had a flash new coffee machine put in at work (the thing looks like one of those ones you get in coffee shops but with a digital display). However, it's so flash, it needs to be cleaned every day. One of the top coffee drinkers in the office put an email out to suggest that everyone in the office should take turns (in an effort to make sure that the cleaning doesn't just fall upon the pool of secretaries).

I instantly asked whether people (i.e. people like me) who don't drink coffee would be expected to clean it. The fella said yes. I said no chance...and now there's a split emerging within the office of those that think everyone should do their bit, and people (obviously those that don't actually drink coffee) who think that asking people who don't drink coffee to clean the coffee machine is taking the piss.

So, what is the right answer?

The right answer is fúck them.

As a private consumer, so to speak, and as a long-ago union rep, my general view is that a voluntary arrangement set up for the benefit of those that partake in it should not try to rope in those not party to the arrangement.

User pays.


Like children...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12656
Location: Coalfalls
Lorthern Nights wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, a conundrum for the noted intellectual and philosophical giants of the bored. We've had a flash new coffee machine put in at work (the thing looks like one of those ones you get in coffee shops but with a digital display). However, it's so flash, it needs to be cleaned every day. One of the top coffee drinkers in the office put an email out to suggest that everyone in the office should take turns (in an effort to make sure that the cleaning doesn't just fall upon the pool of secretaries).

I instantly asked whether people (i.e. people like me) who don't drink coffee would be expected to clean it. The fella said yes. I said no chance...and now there's a split emerging within the office of those that think everyone should do their bit, and people (obviously those that don't actually drink coffee) who think that asking people who don't drink coffee to clean the coffee machine is taking the piss.

So, what is the right answer?

The right answer is fúck them.

As a private consumer, so to speak, and as a long-ago union rep, my general view is that a voluntary arrangement set up for the benefit of those that partake in it should not try to rope in those not party to the arrangement.

User pays.


Like children...

I neither use nor pay for children.

We do things differently here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm
Posts: 4998
argus wrote:
The correct response is "fudge you,I'm Millwall"


Why has 'fudge' suddenly become a thing on here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
ah yes - but did they give us avocado latte



That was Melbourne, you Palestine.


The region of the worl from which coffee originates :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
ID2 wrote:
argus wrote:
The correct response is "fudge you,I'm Millwall"


Why has 'fudge' suddenly become a thing on here?


type fvck in to your post


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7801
Location: Florida
ID2 wrote:
argus wrote:
The correct response is "fudge you,I'm Millwall"


Why has 'fudge' suddenly become a thing on here?


I did not type fudge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm
Posts: 4998
nardol wrote:
ID2 wrote:
argus wrote:
The correct response is "fudge you,I'm Millwall"


Why has 'fudge' suddenly become a thing on here?


type fvck in to your post


Well that's dumb :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
no more so than bubblefart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10087
Location: Otago, Utopian paradise
ID2 wrote:
nardol wrote:
ID2 wrote:
argus wrote:
The correct response is "fudge you,I'm Millwall"


Why has 'fudge' suddenly become a thing on here?


type fvck in to your post


Well that's dumb :?


As dumb as the POTUS?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15325
MungoMan wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, a conundrum for the noted intellectual and philosophical giants of the bored. We've had a flash new coffee machine put in at work (the thing looks like one of those ones you get in coffee shops but with a digital display). However, it's so flash, it needs to be cleaned every day. One of the top coffee drinkers in the office put an email out to suggest that everyone in the office should take turns (in an effort to make sure that the cleaning doesn't just fall upon the pool of secretaries).

I instantly asked whether people (i.e. people like me) who don't drink coffee would be expected to clean it. The fella said yes. I said no chance...and now there's a split emerging within the office of those that think everyone should do their bit, and people (obviously those that don't actually drink coffee) who think that asking people who don't drink coffee to clean the coffee machine is taking the piss.

So, what is the right answer?

The right answer is fúck them.

As a private consumer, so to speak, and as a long-ago union rep, my general view is that a voluntary arrangement set up for the benefit of those that partake in it should not try to rope in those not party to the arrangement.

User pays.


Like children...

I neither use nor pay for children.

We do things differently here.


You have no schools? That explains a few things tbf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm
Posts: 4998
SilverGrin wrote:
ID2 wrote:
nardol wrote:
ID2 wrote:
argus wrote:
The correct response is "fudge you,I'm Millwall"


Why has 'fudge' suddenly become a thing on here?


type fvck in to your post


Well that's dumb :?


As dumb as the POTUS?


Both are annoying but fudge is worse. Just gives the image of 'won't someone please think of the children'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32580
Location: in transit
nardol wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
ah yes - but did they give us avocado latte



That was Melbourne, you Palestine.


The region of the worl from which coffee originates :thumbup:


Yemen? Fair way from Palestine, you weedling halfwit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 42058
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
ah yes - but did they give us avocado latte



That was Melbourne, you Palestine.


The region of the worl from which coffee originates :thumbup:


Yemen? Fair way from Palestine, you weedling halfwit.



https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/region


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9453
Some people really need to stop taking this place so farking serious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 43232
Hong Kong wrote:
Some people really need to stop taking this place so farking serious


You must be keen to see it closed then


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14309
Location: SW England (via NZ)
Anyway, the correct expression is "you philistine".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27478
Location: Chickenrunning...
Lorthern Nights wrote:
You have no schools? That explains a few things tbf


Schools help a community because educated kids become productive adults. There is no benefit to the community to having a poncy fcuking coffee machine that needs daily maintenance in your office.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9453
JM2K6 wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Some people really need to stop taking this place so farking serious


You must be keen to see it closed then

:lol: alas not you, 'twas the barb directed...but yeah, you as well, now you've got me thinking about it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26648
Location: The garden county
True Blue wrote:
Anyway, the correct expression is "you philistine".


Not on this here forum.


n00b


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 43232
Hong Kong wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Some people really need to stop taking this place so farking serious


You must be keen to see it closed then

:lol: alas not you, 'twas the barb directed...but yeah, you as well, now you've got me thinking about it...

:o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9453
Nolanator wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Anyway, the correct expression is "you philistine".


Not on this here forum.


n00b

I'm really hoping that TB's post was an attempt at humour... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
ah yes - but did they give us avocado latte



That was Melbourne, you Palestine.


The region of the worl from which coffee originates :thumbup:


Yemen? Fair way from Palestine, you weedling halfwit.


I smell the fear - its the fear that comes when a keewee thinks they have run out of natives to fill their rugby team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32580
Location: in transit
nardol wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
nardol wrote:
ah yes - but did they give us avocado latte



That was Melbourne, you Palestine.


The region of the worl from which coffee originates :thumbup:


Yemen? Fair way from Palestine, you weedling halfwit.


I smell the fear - its the fear that comes when a keewee thinks they have run out of natives to fill their rugby team.


And that's where the humour just up and died, folks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
Nevermind - it was just keewee coffee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20020
I'm with you Jeff. fudge the coffee drinkers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15325
Sandstorm wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
You have no schools? That explains a few things tbf


Schools help a community because educated kids become productive adults. There is no benefit to the community to having a poncy fcuking coffee machine that needs daily maintenance in your office.


Having children is a choice as is having coffee no one is forcing you to have either


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27478
Location: Chickenrunning...
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
You have no schools? That explains a few things tbf


Schools help a community because educated kids become productive adults. There is no benefit to the community to having a poncy fcuking coffee machine that needs daily maintenance in your office.


Having children is a choice as is having coffee no one is forcing you to have either


Agreed, but it a slippery slope suggesting I get to decide where my taxes go. "I don't shoot people overseas, therefore I don't want 5% of my taxes to go towards the Army" :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32783
Location: Hut 8
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, a conundrum for the noted intellectual and philosophical giants of the bored. We've had a flash new coffee machine put in at work (the thing looks like one of those ones you get in coffee shops but with a digital display). However, it's so flash, it needs to be cleaned every day. One of the top coffee drinkers in the office put an email out to suggest that everyone in the office should take turns (in an effort to make sure that the cleaning doesn't just fall upon the pool of secretaries).

I instantly asked whether people (i.e. people like me) who don't drink coffee would be expected to clean it. The fella said yes. I said no chance...and now there's a split emerging within the office of those that think everyone should do their bit, and people (obviously those that don't actually drink coffee) who think that asking people who don't drink coffee to clean the coffee machine is taking the piss.

So, what is the right answer?

Say yes. Clean it particularly badly so the coffee tastes like sh*t. You know? Like Nero.

You can be sure no-one will be asking Jeff to clean it again. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
Last time I checked you dont hold free and fair elections at the office to decides who rules the roost (and communal resources)

Therefore all taxation arguments are bullshit and need to go away. HR rules apply and under those you can tell the coffee nazis to go fudge themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1456
Coffee drinkers should clean it. You shouldn't have to unless you do drink it or serve it to clients


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:00 pm
Posts: 786
Have we hit 5 pages yet? :o









I drink coffee,but I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't to clean the machine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6270
Cookie Monster wrote:
Have we hit 5 pages yet? :o


.



Nearly .. just grab a couple of small pebbles and drop them in with the beans every day for a week :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5465
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, a conundrum for the noted intellectual and philosophical giants of the bored. We've had a flash new coffee machine put in at work (the thing looks like one of those ones you get in coffee shops but with a digital display). However, it's so flash, it needs to be cleaned every day. One of the top coffee drinkers in the office put an email out to suggest that everyone in the office should take turns (in an effort to make sure that the cleaning doesn't just fall upon the pool of secretaries).

I instantly asked whether people (i.e. people like me) who don't drink coffee would be expected to clean it. The fella said yes. I said no chance...and now there's a split emerging within the office of those that think everyone should do their bit, and people (obviously those that don't actually drink coffee) who think that asking people who don't drink coffee to clean the coffee machine is taking the piss.

So, what is the right answer?


so, Jeff the Bear, the man who ended Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and the Klitschko's bro careers , is about to lose a fight to a gay coffee drinker and his female friends ??

The poor things we are...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5465
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Yes you should.

It's a public benefit. Like public education or transport. You might not use it, but you still indirectly benefit from it (via people not being caffeine starved plum, and being more productive).

Anyway thats he best argument I can make for you to clean it.


The missus made the same argument when I told her. I can just about see it, but if you are a degenerate who needs a fix just so you can work/be nice, that certainly shouldn't be my problem.

Azlan Roar wrote:
Quote:
So, what is the right answer?


Rule 1 on the pool of secretaries.


They're all 40-50+.



40 :
Image


50 :
Image


Jeff, you're gone, coffeeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ASMO, BBB, dargotronV.1, Edinburgh01, ElementFreak, Ghost-Of-Nepia, Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, jezzer, Man In Black, Mick Mannock, Mr Mike, nuffsaid, Plastic Sarrie, rfurlong, Rumham, Ted., terangi48, The Native, Thomas, Turbogoat, ukjim, Wilderbeast, Womack, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group