Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:37 pm 

Man In Black wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Couldn't decide which is the best thread to post it on, but:

Father of THREE girls molested by the National Gymnastics Team Doctor asked the judge at the Docs sentencing for 5 minutes alone with him. Then just 1. Then tried to run across the courtroom to rip the evil pricks head off (I assume).

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/02/us/r ... index.html

Fairly understandable reaction, the cops restraining him must've been sorely tempted to let him get past them.

Problem is the doctor probably could have sued the courts if the dad had got through right? What a monster. I hope he has a terrible prison experience.

Yeah, the evilDoc would've probably been in a position to really take advantage of the courts, and the poor family if he'd managed to lay a finger on him. As satisfying as a revenge fantasy opportunity may have been, the repercussions would've been a bitch.

zt1903 wrote:
Glad to see that the Judge has declined to charge him for that. :thumbup:

That's outstanding news. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:01 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

Father of THREE girls molested by the National Gymnastics Team Doctor asked the judge at the Docs sentencing for 5 minutes alone with him. Then just 1. Then tried to run across the courtroom to rip the evil pricks head off (I assume).

Fairly understandable reaction, the cops restraining him must've been sorely tempted to let him get past them.

The father should have trained for a few weeks before his attempt.
Explosive weight training.Some body position stuff.
Would have massively increased his chances of reaching his target.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:28 pm 

That doctor is going to have a nice time in prison, I hope :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:31 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

It's the police who charge.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:32 pm 

Tehui wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

It's the police who charge.

Contempt of court can result in a fine and/or jail.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 am 

Heroic #MeToo activist gets #MeToo’d

Quote:
Calif. Democrat Cristina Garcia, prominent voice in #MeToo, on leave after groping complaint

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 322888002/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 am 

naki wrote:

Quote:
Calif. Democrat Cristina Garcia, prominent voice in #MeToo, on leave after groping complaint

You couldn't make it up. It seems over time any hashtag campaign of good cause will get so loaded with utter c#nts and virtual signalling hypocrites that it will be all be ash sometime soon after.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:26 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
naki wrote:

Quote:

You couldn't make it up. It seems over time any hashtag campaign of good cause will get so loaded with utter c#nts and virtual signalling hypocrites that it will be all be ash sometime soon after.

Well, that’s part of the problem. You could make it up. And Garcia’s accusers may very well be doing so, whatever their motivation. But when your catch-cry is “believe every accuser” then you have to box up your things, say goodbye to your career and forget about all the positive things you may have been able to contribute to your cause or society in general. Due process is not important.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:29 am 

naki wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
naki wrote:

Quote:

Well, that’s part of the problem. You could make it up. And Garcia’s accusers may very well be doing so, whatever their motivation. But when your catch-cry is “believe every accuser” then you have to box up your things, say goodbye to your career and forget about all the positive things you may have been able to contribute to your cause or society in general. Due process is not important.

Good point on why this particular hashtag is flawed from the start. I mean why at this point are none of these accusers actually gone to the authorities, at least on principle. The powers in Hollywood are shitting themselves and the old power games are moot o for the first time they could go.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:35 am 

Are you talking about these particular accusers, or in general? Because of course many have gone to the relevant authorities, as they should, given some accusations document actual criminal behaviour.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 am 

naki wrote:
Are you talking about these particular accusers, or in general? Because of course many have gone to the relevant authorities, as they should, given some accusations document actual criminal behaviour.

I must have missed that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:11 am 

Virtue signaling not virtual.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:44 pm 

Guy Pearce lays in SPacey's behaviour as well:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44698812

Quote:

Actor Guy Pearce, who worked with Kevin Spacey, has called him "a handsy guy" during a TV interview.

The pair starred together in the 1997 crime thriller LA Confidential.

When asked about working with Spacey by Andrew Denton on his Australian chat show on Tuesday, Pearce added, "thankfully I was 29, and not 14".

More than 30 men have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Kevin Spacey in recent months.

He is currently being investigated by police in London for three criminal cases.

Kevin Spacey was first accused of sexual advances in November by actor Anthony Rapp who said events took place in 1986 when he was 14 and Mr Spacey was 26.

Mr Spacey claimed to have no memory of the events, but publicly apologised. He has since issued an "absolute" denial of the other allegations that later emerged.

Pearce, who is currently promoting his new album, was asked about the allegations against Spacey and said it was a "tough one to talk about at the moment."

He added: "Amazing actor; incredible actor. Mmm. Slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah," before saying: "He's a handsy guy."

Pearce is not the first actor who has worked with Spacey to speak out.

Benicio del Toro appeared alongside Spacey in the 1995 film The Usual Suspects and said last week, "It's sad about the victims, number one, and sad about [him].

"But the victims come first. I don't care how talented you are. I'm sorry."

Speaking on Norwegian TV in January, House of Cards co-star Joel Kinnaman said the allegations weren't "a big shock".

"I have five or six friends I know who have told stories about Kevin about when they were young and had just arrived in Hollywood," he said.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:16 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Guy Pearce lays in SPacey's behaviour as well:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44698812

Quote:

Actor Guy Pearce, who worked with Kevin Spacey, has called him "a handsy guy" during a TV interview.

The pair starred together in the 1997 crime thriller LA Confidential.

When asked about working with Spacey by Andrew Denton on his Australian chat show on Tuesday, Pearce added, "thankfully I was 29, and not 14".

More than 30 men have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Kevin Spacey in recent months.

He is currently being investigated by police in London for three criminal cases.

Kevin Spacey was first accused of sexual advances in November by actor Anthony Rapp who said events took place in 1986 when he was 14 and Mr Spacey was 26.

Mr Spacey claimed to have no memory of the events, but publicly apologised. He has since issued an "absolute" denial of the other allegations that later emerged.

Pearce, who is currently promoting his new album, was asked about the allegations against Spacey and said it was a "tough one to talk about at the moment."

He added: "Amazing actor; incredible actor. Mmm. Slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah," before saying: "He's a handsy guy."

Pearce is not the first actor who has worked with Spacey to speak out.

Benicio del Toro appeared alongside Spacey in the 1995 film The Usual Suspects and said last week, "It's sad about the victims, number one, and sad about [him].

"But the victims come first. I don't care how talented you are. I'm sorry."

Speaking on Norwegian TV in January, House of Cards co-star Joel Kinnaman said the allegations weren't "a big shock".

"I have five or six friends I know who have told stories about Kevin about when they were young and had just arrived in Hollywood," he said.

My friend told me (a couple of years before the Antony Rapp allegations) that his younger brother, who in his teens worked in film or theatre (I forget which) in London, announced one night at the family dinner table, apropos of nothing, that he had been nonced by Spacey. But it was consensual because 'you know, he's like kind of a big deal in Hollywood', so he went along with it. So I was under the impression that his... proclivities were well known

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:41 pm 

Makes the scene in LA Confidential where he goes to dissuade the young actor from performing "a sex act" on the DA somewhat ironic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:48 am 

Balls Out! wrote:
My friend told me (a couple of years before the Antony Rapp allegations) that his younger brother, who in his teens worked in film or theatre (I forget which) in London, announced one night at the family dinner table, apropos of nothing, that he had been nonced by Spacey. But it was consensual because 'you know, he's like kind of a big deal in Hollywood', so he went along with it. So I was under the impression that his... proclivities were well known

Him being gay was, him like younger men was, not the full on nonce rape stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 pm 

This was on the "celeb news" bit today on the radio.

Seemingly Pierce was also asked what was it like to work with Kylie and he answered

Quote:
unfortunately she was not as handsy

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43