Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Women's Rugby thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am 

https://twitter.com/9Jessk9/status/1006802124666175488

Welsh women having a laugh wishing happy birthday

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 pm 

Hoping that last photo is a spa day. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm 

BBC Sport Wales

Verified account

@BBCSportWales
24m24 minutes ago
More
Wales is among six nations - alongside Australia, England, France, New Zealand and Portugal - bidding to host the Women's Rugby World Cup in 2021.

I'[m pretty sure it will go down under, as it will likely be seen as a "It's their turn" sentiment. But I'm not entirely sure given the growth of the game putting it in a timezone that kills viewership for most of the Rugby world is a great idea, as unfair as that is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:37 pm 

The last three World Cups were held in Europe. I vote for Australia and/or New Zealand.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 pm 

NaBUru38 wrote:
The last three World Cups were held in Europe. I vote for Australia and/or New Zealand.

But is that the best reason to choose a host? If the global rugby population was balanced I'd agree but an Oz or especially NZ one could really stunt the global exposure of the game with unfriendly timezones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 am 

Job opportunity for Neig:

https://www.saracens.com/news-article/j ... head-coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:18 pm 

Cheers. I saw it before Monday's deadline. ;)

I seriously considered it but was immediately reminded of the last time I coached at this level - which has a lot of joys, but also a lot of frustrations. I've found 'elite' players to be quite set in their ways and not open to innovative approaches that differ from experience, and especially what national coaches (here, at least) preach.

I'd love to coach in that league, actually, and should have had a go at the Waterloo job to see if they'd even be willing / able (visa possible roadblock form the get-go?). But know that I'm also an unknown entity at the moment and would be up against all kinds of English coaches with nice CVs and badges. (I've gone beyond the content of the courses that cost hundreds of dollars with my own research, so won't throw my money away getting more than the Level 2 I have now.)

After a recent coach ed evening where I appeared to know more than two attendees who coach provincial teams and another who's a coach developer ( :? ), I'm determined to use my next gig to promote my knowledge better and just go from there. A friend has asked me to help with his U19 boys and we both are keen on sharing for the betterment of the game, so expect us to be putting all kinds of video content out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 pm 

I actually thought of you because I think Saracens are pretty opened minded players, they played a rather fluid brand of rugby that reminded me of kiwi teams, I'd thought you'd like that. Also the fact it's a youngs uad with a bunch of really young and excellent talent alreayd broken through. Though I did think exactly the same as you, I'd imagine plenty of English coaches might have a go and reputation and recent success or good connections might be important for the current champion. Though similar to Waterloo I think Darlington Sharks were advertising too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 pm 

I'll see how my stock fairs over the next year as I'm determined to promote myself a bit better. I might even stop being fearful of appearing on camera! :)

I appreciate the thought, though! (I have applied for a few school DoR jobs over the years. Never have got to the interview stage, and imagine visa is as much a hurdle as going up against former pros / community or academy coaches)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14