Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7075
This is not a rugby related thread


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16128
The vibe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5126
Location: STRAYA CUNT!!!
Colonialism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 1510
I don't, I hate the Americans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22869
It is the accent and moustache twirling


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22869
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Colonialism.


That was Britain, not England


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22869
CanNZ2000 wrote:
I don't, I hate the Americans.


Their flag burns better and more often


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 5528
BBC 2 wrote:
This is not a rugby related thread


In that case I don't hate the English. In fact the majority are jolly decent chaps in my experience. ;) :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7075
Mick Mannock wrote:
It is the accent and moustache twirling


This wasn't meant to be about Canada


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:59 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1620
I don't hate the English. In fact I've really really like some English people. I have been known to dislike the English rugby team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9968
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Colonialism.


Yep. :P Reading some interesting stuff at the moment on how the British colonial administration encouraged racial tensions between the 2 major ethnic groups in Fiji when they were the colonial power. Shocking stuff. BTW before anyone gets pedantic, most here in Fiji, being British = English.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 1510
flaggETERNAL wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Colonialism.


Yep. :P Reading some interesting stuff at the moment on how the British colonial administration encouraged racial tensions between the 2 major ethnic groups in Fiji when they were the colonial power. Shocking stuff. BTW before anyone gets pedantic, most here in Fiji, being British = English.


Yeah, but look how good your rugby teams are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12720
Because I hate both flat caps and humility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 373
arrogance and toss potting,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15290
eddie jones


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7075
Did we not give you coffee shops and the internet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17705
Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9968
CanNZ2000 wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Colonialism.


Yep. :P Reading some interesting stuff at the moment on how the British colonial administration encouraged racial tensions between the 2 major ethnic groups in Fiji when they were the colonial power. Shocking stuff. BTW before anyone gets pedantic, most here in Fiji, being British = English.


Yeah, but look how good your rugby teams are.



:lol: :lol: :lol: Furry muff.

naki wrote:
Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes.


Imagine being colonised by ze Germans. Now there's a horrible thought. I mean, look at Samoa.

EDIT: Just recognised naki's reference :blush: :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22869
Colonialism does not seem to give the French, Portuguese, Spanish, Belgians...as much grief. Even the Italians, and Germans appear to get of lightly for 20th c war-mongering, and genocides.

It must be the accent and moustache twirling after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9968
Mick Mannock wrote:
Colonialism does not seem to give the French, Portuguese, Spanish, Belgians...as much grief. Even the Italians, and Germans appear to get of lightly for 20th c war-mongering, and genocides.

It must be the accent and moustache twirling after all.


:lol: :lol: Could be could be. Tbf though I have spoken with Kanaks from New Caledonia or Wallisians who detest the French. SO it just might be the Brits get more hatred because they were just better at it and have more people hating them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17705
Mick Mannock wrote:
Colonialism does not seem to give the French, Portuguese, Spanish, Belgians...as much grief. Even the Italians, and Germans appear to get of lightly for 20th c war-mongering, and genocides.

It must be the accent and moustache twirling after all.


It’s almost as though you’re primarily reading complaints from English speakers as they’re the ones colonised by, you know, the English.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22066
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
It's the rugby team and fans. Why can't they be more like their soccer fans - so humble and unassuming?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11137
Location: emmerdale
unlike other empires, we retired undefeated.

hence the commonwealth.


Last edited by merry! on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7075
naki wrote:
Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes.


This needs a sticky


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26762
Letting everybody down in Caen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8557
Hooray Henry’s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9968
BBC 2 wrote:
naki wrote:
Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes.


This needs a sticky


Hmmmm...glad to see I'm not the only one who got whooshed. :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7075
Thread closed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1951
why not?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9027
If you take a look at what the English did to the Welsh over a millenium then you will get an idea. It's less the individual. I have just as many English friends as I do Welsh, it's what the powers that be invoked upon us, with enough willing commoners to join in their fun.

From taking land - Britain was all ours (you can't simply shake it off that you are germanic invaders)*, but even when we were just an area to similar where we are today, you land-grabbed some more
Trying to eliminate our language - through schooling, dropping non Welsh people into west Wales
Hiding our history from us - British and Euro history is/was taught at schools
Thatcher era - is just one example of London's distaste for our way of living

* I appreciate that effectively we are all invaders and do not consider this a big thing, but it is still there

There is plenty more ... I'll dig out some old articles online over the next few days if you want.

Of all the rugby stadia I have visited, I have felt least welcome by the barbour wearing twickers brigade. They loathe losing to us like we are an inferior species who are lucky to be playing their game. It comes from something deeper than rugby competition. But this annoyance is small fry compared to the history between our two nations.

I still have some level of support for a Great Britain, but would say I am 95% Welsh, 5% British. Just don't like the Eton cnuts who have ruled our country for centuries, or any of you twats who support them.

Apart from that, it's solid!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9027
flaggETERNAL wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Colonialism.


Yep. :P Reading some interesting stuff at the moment on how the British colonial administration encouraged racial tensions between the 2 major ethnic groups in Fiji when they were the colonial power. Shocking stuff. BTW before anyone gets pedantic, most here in Fiji, being British = English.


Same thing in India. Who did they put in charge? The Hindus with 60%? of the poulation, the muslims with 35%?, nope the sikhs - because they had largely been ignored by the other two groups for centuries. Time to get their own back. Loyal bastards to the English when they held the baton.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7075
LandOTurk wrote:
If you take a look at what the English did to the Welsh over a millenium then you will get an idea. It's less the individual. I have just as many English friends as I do Welsh, it's what the powers that be invoked upon us, with enough willing commoners to join in their fun.

From taking land - Britain was all ours (you can't simply shake it off that you are germanic invaders)*, but even when we were just an area to similar where we are today, you land-grabbed some more
Trying to eliminate our language - through schooling, dropping non Welsh people into west Wales
Hiding our history from us - British and Euro history is/was taught at schools
Thatcher era - is just one example of London's distaste for our way of living

* I appreciate that effectively we are all invaders and do not consider this a big thing, but it is still there

There is plenty more ... I'll dig out some old articles online over the next few days if you want.

Of all the rugby stadia I have visited, I have felt least welcome by the barbour wearing twickers brigade. They loathe losing to us like we are an inferior species who are lucky to be playing their game. It comes from something deeper than rugby competition. But this annoyance is small fry compared to the history between our two nations.

I still have some level of support for a Great Britain, but would say I am 95% Welsh, 5% British. Just don't like the Eton cnuts who have ruled our country for centuries, or any of you twats who support them.

Apart from that, it's solid!


So you hate the Engllish


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1808
Location: The Shipwreck Coast
Chavs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9027
BBC 2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
If you take a look at what the English did to the Welsh over a millenium then you will get an idea. It's less the individual. I have just as many English friends as I do Welsh, it's what the powers that be invoked upon us, with enough willing commoners to join in their fun.

From taking land - Britain was all ours (you can't simply shake it off that you are germanic invaders)*, but even when we were just an area to similar where we are today, you land-grabbed some more
Trying to eliminate our language - through schooling, dropping non Welsh people into west Wales
Hiding our history from us - British and Euro history is/was taught at schools
Thatcher era - is just one example of London's distaste for our way of living

* I appreciate that effectively we are all invaders and do not consider this a big thing, but it is still there

There is plenty more ... I'll dig out some old articles online over the next few days if you want.

Of all the rugby stadia I have visited, I have felt least welcome by the barbour wearing twickers brigade. They loathe losing to us like we are an inferior species who are lucky to be playing their game. It comes from something deeper than rugby competition. But this annoyance is small fry compared to the history between our two nations.

I still have some level of support for a Great Britain, but would say I am 95% Welsh, 5% British. Just don't like the Eton cnuts who have ruled our country for centuries, or any of you twats who support them.

Apart from that, it's solid!


So you hate the Engllish


I would not call it that - genuinely. I have many very dear good friends that are English. One is my youngest's godfather. Just as many as Welsh friends I would say - maybe even more. I went to uni in England. But, do I have a deep seated saddness at what has been done to my people for so long? Yes. Think of it this way. If you had been at war with Germany for 50 times as long as you have been, they had sucessfully invaded, taken chunks of your history away, still had isle of wight and man, and done those things I described above. But there had been peace for the past 50 years or so and the countries had worked much more closely and the youth travelled freely between countries and strong friendships were made. But wih a very different political environment it could all change again and inside the EU, Germany is far far more powerful than England - and you know it. Would you have zero anomosity towards the Germans or would you harbour some ill-feeling towards them? You have too many German friends to say you hate them. Time has passed by. You travel frequently into Germany with family and have wonderful times. They are probably unaware of English history because it was never taught to them or taught incorrectly where Germans were described as educators etc. And for sure Germans do not give a toss about what happened - not even close to an apology; maybe a joke at your expense to explain it away. Also they were the victors and it is not understandably an agenda item during daily life.

As a Welshman, I don't hate but I don't unconditionally support. It has a price. And maybe in modern times it manifests itself in sport because that's all us Welsh can do. So in rugby (and football to a lesser extent), I support the others. I can wear any rugby jersey I want except the red rose. Totally off limits. It would truly upset me to wear it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5126
Location: STRAYA CUNT!!!
Mick Mannock wrote:
Working Class Rugger wrote:
Colonialism.


That was Britain, not England


In most people's minds they are one and the same. Remember hate as an emotion tends not distinguish between the differences.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5126
Location: STRAYA CUNT!!!
I only hate the English when we play them. Apart from that I don't mind them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5126
Location: STRAYA CUNT!!!
flaggETERNAL wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Colonialism does not seem to give the French, Portuguese, Spanish, Belgians...as much grief. Even the Italians, and Germans appear to get of lightly for 20th c war-mongering, and genocides.

It must be the accent and moustache twirling after all.


:lol: :lol: Could be could be. Tbf though I have spoken with Kanaks from New Caledonia or Wallisians who detest the French. SO it just might be the Brits get more hatred because they were just better at it and have more people hating them.


Biggest empire hence the most hate. Pretty simple imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20928
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
I don't hate the English or anyone else for that matter.






Well except for the Aussies obviously, but then they deserve it...






Ok, that might not be entirely true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29286
It is not the individual. (though some are arrogant pricks, most are good people). English can be classy blokes.
It is the collective, living vicariously through their ruling classes - mere tools for the world's worst oppressors. And loving it ...God knows why ...

The women can sometimes be bright, chirpy, sexy creatures, though, sometimes very beautiful and accommodating, eager to learn and know more about the Boer ....
I Iove Englishwomen, mostly ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22065
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Its because they drink tea over coffee.

I mean, who does that?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillW, camroc1, Fat Old Git, feckwanker, Google Adsense [Bot], guy smiley, Hong Kong, Jay Cee Gee, MrBunhead, Nieghorn, Olddantucker, Olo, ovalball, SEAsianExpat, Shrekles, Smee, Tecumseh, theaxe and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group