Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Until people start using "religionist" to mean prejudiced against adherents of a religious faith, the reality is that "racist" is really the only word we have to describe the concept

Islamophobe seems to work pretty well for those who wish to rant about that stuff.

Anti-Dentite for those prejudiced against Dentists.

On this basis the writer and producers of the "book of Mormon" should be sent to prison.

The Mormons handled that with remarkable good humour.

Yes, they really took the message that Mormonism ultimately helped make them better people on the chin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 pm 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Until people start using "religionist" to mean prejudiced against adherents of a religious faith, the reality is that "racist" is really the only word we have to describe the concept

Islamophobe seems to work pretty well for those who wish to rant about that stuff.

Anti-Dentite for those prejudiced against Dentists.

On this basis the writer and producers of the "book of Mormon" should be sent to prison.

The Mormons handled that with remarkable good humour.

Yes, they really took the message that Mormonism ultimately helped make them better people on the chin

Sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:06 pm 

I don't give a f uck what the Mormons thought , I'm offended on their behalf and they should be patronised and protected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm 

So is racism now to be considered to be on a scale of seriouness depending on the group that are being "sinned" against?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:16 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Given 'race' has no scientific meaning and is a social construct I'm plumping for Kiwi expat for the answer and any twat who wants to argue otherwise is just trying to oppress me.

Another one of your highly useful interventions. Thanks for your input.

It's got as much use as the shite that is getting spouted all over this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:18 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
So is racism now to be considered to be on a scale of seriouness depending on the group that are being "sinned" against?

context innit.

Being mzungu in east africa you experience loads of "racism" but as you are comparatively rich and powerful it's like water off a ducks back.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:24 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:

It appears so, though of course we have come up with a name for these groupings especially as "race" has now been banned from usage.

Do you think we should seprate off "beliefs" from real groups , obviously some don't. It's very complex.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:34 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Given 'race' has no scientific meaning and is a social construct I'm plumping for Kiwi expat for the answer and any twat who wants to argue otherwise is just trying to oppress me.

Another one of your highly useful interventions. Thanks for your input.

It's got as much use as the shite that is getting spouted all over this thread.

Thank you again for another useful input. Much appreciated. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:36 pm 

ukjim wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

context innit.

Being mzungu in east africa you experience loads of "racism" but as you are comparatively rich and powerful it's like water off a ducks back.

Are you mzungu?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:37 pm 

Maybe I need an Albanian drug dealing, philosophical dwarf on a bar stool to give it the authenticity that your posts are famed for.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:37 pm 

ukjim wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

context innit.

Are you mzungu?

Aren't we all a little bit mzungu now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

It appears so, though of course we have come up with a name for these groupings especially as "race" has now been banned from usage.

Do you think we should seprate off "beliefs" from real groups , obviously some don't. It's very complex.

We can only take someones declared beliefs on trust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Maybe I need an Albanian drug dealing, philosophical dwarf on a bar stool to give it the authenticity that your posts are famed for.

SamShark could dress up for you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:40 pm 

Sefton wrote:

Whatever that is supposed to mean.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:41 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I'll leave it to Houts, he seems to get under Sneaker's skin.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:44 pm 

tbf, quibbling about whether racist is the right word to describe the dickheadery of the guys in the video shouldn't really be the headline.

Those guys were dickheads, and whether it was racist, bigoted, prejudiced, or whatever else, it doesn't really matter. It shouldn't be acceptable behaviour.
Arguing about whether "muslim isn't a race" won't make their behaviour any more acceptable even if it's decided that you can't use racism to describe Islamophobia, Iranian-hate, or calling non-white people monkey and telling them to go back where they came from.

Call it flurovestwearingcocksuckery for all I care at this stage, they're wankers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:45 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
ukjim wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

context innit.

Are you mzungu?

Aren't we all a little bit mzungu now and then.

I was when I was on safari.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:46 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
tbf, quibbling about whether racist is the right word to describe the dickheadery of the guys in the video shouldn't really be the headline.

Those guys were dickheads, and whether it was racist, bigoted, prejudiced, or whatever else, it doesn't really matter. It shouldn't be acceptable behaviour.
Arguing about whether "muslim isn't a race" won't make their behaviour any more acceptable even if it's decided that you can't use racism to describe Islamophobia, Iranian-hate, or calling non-white people monkey and telling them to go back where they came from.

Call it flurovestwearingcocksuckery for all I care at this stage, they're wankers.

I don't see anyone arguing against that. In the finest traditions of PR, we have decided to argue about something else, however.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:48 pm 

Quote:
or calling non-white people monkey

Comparing white people to animals is acceptable then ? Is there a scale of loud where these comparisons are acceptable ?

Last edited by bimboman on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:48 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

I don't see anyone arguing against that. In the finest traditions of PR, we have decided to argue about something else, however.

err... I wasn't saying that anyone WAS saying that, just that this is what was getting lost in the semantic quibbling going on.

You've reached the point where you're seeing an argument in every post - maybe it's time for a wee lie down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:49 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Comparing white people to animals is acceptable then ?

No... that was the point. :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

err... I wasn't saying that anyone WAS saying that, just that this is what was getting lost in the semantic quibbling going on.

You've reached the point where you're seeing an argument in every post - maybe it's time for a wee lie down.

Um, I wasn't making an argument at all. Projecting much?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 pm 

Sefton wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I'll leave it to Houts, he seems to get under Sneaker's skin.

Like Buffalo Bill? It rubs the lotion on its skin etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:52 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Oh right, that's not of course what you typed but as everything is so fluid I'll accept you meant white as well as non white people.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Probably :D

Might have read a bit much into your opening sentence, where you said you don't see anyone arguing against that.

You realize we are now arguing about not arguing about stuff? Gawd help us both.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Oh right, that's not of course what you typed but as everything is so fluid I'll accept you meant white as well as non white people.

I can only write stuff for you, I can't comprehend them for you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Probably :D

Might have read a bit much into your opening sentence, where you said you don't see anyone arguing against that.

You realize we are now arguing about not arguing about stuff? Gawd help us both.

No no. I'm not. Definitely not.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:56 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Isn't Africa the most genetically diverse continent?

Yes, but a lot of people like bimbo still think phenotyic difference correrates highly with genetic differences.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:03 pm 

Calculus wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Yes, but a lot of people like bimbo still think phenotyic difference correrates highly with genetic differences.

No I don't, and nothing I've said demonstrates such a belief. I tend to think of these disgraceful accusations of my thinking as deflection from the accusers beliefs and thoughts.

Lots of disgraceful people use a tactic like this as it covers their own behaviours and guilt.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:11 pm 

I'm not sure what is being suggested but I'm quite confident that Bimbo has never displayed any bigoted or racist attitude on this forum and holds no such views personally.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:14 pm 

Sefton wrote:
I'm not sure what is being suggested but I'm quite confident that Bimbo has never displayed any bigoted or racist attitude on this forum and holds no such views personally.

Whereas you have a history of seeing those attitudes where they do exist.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Whereas you have a history of seeing those attitudes where they do exist.

Thanks, Mick. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:31 pm 

Shoe shiningly good posts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:31 pm 

Why do we not categorise humans using the same systems as we do for other animals? Is it purely because we are the ones doing the categorisations and think we are different?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 pm 

c69 wrote:
Shoe shiningly good posts

Boxing clever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
Why do we not categorise humans using the same systems as we do for other animals? Is it purely because we are the ones doing the categorisations and think we are different?

Speak to any biologist and they'll tell you the categorisation of animals isn't that clear cut.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:43 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Calculus wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

No I don't, and nothing I've said demonstrates such a belief. I tend to think of these disgraceful accusations of my thinking as deflection from the accusers beliefs and thoughts.

Lots of disgraceful people use a tactic like this as it covers their own behaviours and guilt.

So what was your Sickle Cell point about?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:44 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:

Humans weren't deliberately bred to fit into specific roles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 pm 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

Most animals were not either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:47 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

Most animals were not either.

Apart from all domesticated animals

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next