Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:49 pm 

What's racist about a shovel?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:53 pm 

Conservative Eddie wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, have you even looked at the context of me bringing it up and what I wrote ? Because if you've done that and still typed above you are simply stupid.

If your making the accusation of me being racist and haven't read the words and context of what I wrote then your even more stupid.

I think you've got projection down to an art-form at this stage. Yes, I read back through everything that you wrote. It's a complete mess of mis-understandings and non-sequiturs and strewn with insults towards another poster - poor Chuckles.

There's this:

Quote:
Radial identity is a thing we humans and society refer to all the time, now I understand the reach of this can change due to social construct changes (CIA , see and all that multi gender bollocks), either we scrap the whole idea of race and racial identity (biology will have some work to do to find new words for stuff) or we accept that "race" cannot be a thing we can convert to.

Biology won't have any work to do on this one, by the way.

Followed by what I presume is the offending post:

Quote:
Next time I turn up at the sickle cell society demanding to be tested I'll tell them I've chosen to be racially African that day and demand equality.

You stupid c unt.

I imagine there's plenty of people on here who can't make heads or tails of that. About the best I could I say is that there's some ambiguity there, so you're probably not a racist; just extremely abusive and not very well informed.

Quote:
I wrote nothing of the sort about "black" or "african mentioning neither , so take your accusation and stuff it up your sickle cell report reading arse.

Charming!

If I'm accusing you of anything it's unbridled ignorance, not to mention arrogance. Dunning-Kruger strikes again!

Quote:
I'd also say frequency is absolute numbers as a measurement, in that case the highest frequency of cases is in Nigeria.

Yes the WHO are getting it wrong, I've already conceded that anything you remember from a few months ago supersedes everything.

We're talking about allele frequency not disease penetrance. You might have your own definition of frequency but the scientific literature uses a different one. And I never said the WHO "are getting it wrong".

There are shades of the roundabout debate showing up right about now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:55 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Conservative Eddie is probably not a racist either. There are probably quite a few of us on here who are probably not racist.

Thank you Mick.

This is a thread full of posters who are probably not racist, and one victim, Bimbo.*

*That sentence in no way implies that Bimbo is only a victim and not also a "probably not racist".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm 

:lol: , house .

Quite amazing though one poster accuses another of racism, get called on it and here's the usual suspects with the usual accusations "not" quite agreeing with the accusing poster.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 pm 

bimboman wrote:
:lol: , house .

Quite amazing though one poster accuses another of racism, get called on it and here's the usual suspects with the usual accusations "not" quite agreeing with the accusing poster.

Or you, grasping the wrong end of the stick and proceeding to attempt to deepthroat said stick into submission once again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 pm 

Maybe Bimbo can point us to the post when Eddie calls him a racist, it's not as if Eddie is shy about stating his position so I'm sure it will be unequivocal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:00 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Conservative Eddie is probably not a racist either. There are probably quite a few of us on here who are probably not racist.

Thank you Mick.

This is a thread full of posters who are probably not racist, and one victim, Bimbo.*

*That sentence in no way implies that Bimbo is only a victim and not also a "probably not racist".

Victim? :lol: , get over yourself. What do you need btw, proof that frequency of sickle cell carrying is still higher in Equatorial Africa than else where and that the NHS profile the patient before a sickle cell screen (note not other similar conditions).

Will that make my simple point about racial profiling on some health issues due to prevelance make more "sense" to you.

Christ I do wish I'd chosen a whites only disease for the point though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:

Thank you Mick.

There was nothing in Bimbos post that raised any suspicion of racism. Why even imply that it might be an issue?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:05 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Thank you Mick.

There was nothing in Bimbos post that raised any suspicion of racism. Why even imply that it might be an issue?

That noise over your head was a whoosh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 pm 

bimboman wrote:

There's a lot of supremacy about apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:07 pm 

Was it? Sorry I do not use "down with the kids" speak.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Was it? Sorry I do not use "down with the kids" speak.

I've not seen any 'down with the kids' speak so frankly what the fudge are you going on about, Mick?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:
You brought up sickle cell anemia in a thread about race - the use of arbitrary traits, such as this disease, is commonly used by eejits who talk about a "Black race" or an "African race", so this approach isn't at all novel or clever. It's been done, over and over again, and has been comprehensively dismissed just as many times.

Sorry, have you even looked at the context of me bringing it up and what I wrote ? Because if you've done that and still typed above you are simply stupid.

If your making the accusation of me being racist and haven't read the words and context of what I wrote then your even more stupid.

I wrote nothing of the sort about "black" or "african mentioning neither , so take your accusation and stuff it up your sickle cell report reading arse.

I'd also say frequency is absolute numbers as a measurement, in that case the highest frequency of cases is in Nigeria.

Yes the WHO are getting it wrong, I've already conceded that anything you remember from a few months ago supersedes everything.

I'll stick with this. CE knows what his insinuations was, or that other wise it was irrelevant to the conversation about the sickle cell statistics we had other wise discussed.

He goes a bit close later.

Last edited by bimboman on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm 

He insinuated you might be an 'eejit' not a racist in that post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:13 pm 

Sefton wrote:

It was the Ace of Spades.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm 

Sefton wrote:

Did he?, by bringing up how "some people" use sickle cell for racist reasons ? Well I realise that racists are eejiits, but he clearly put it in insinuate something other than eejiit. There was other attempts to tie things I'd posted racist as well.

Quote:
I didn't actually accuse you of racism, but you are, whether you like it or not, repeating what has become something of a racist trope. You're doing that inadvertently and in a completely cack-handed manner, which is why I wrote the following in a previous post:

Insinuation as I said.

He then of course gets to the punch line from the set up

Quote:
probably not a racist

Probably all accidental.

Last edited by bimboman on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:16 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Sefton wrote:

It was probably quite unintentional but a insensitive picture to use on this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Did he?, by bringing up how "some people" use sickle cell for racist reasons ? Well I realise that racists are eejiits, but he clearly put it in insinuate something other than eejiit. There was other attempts to tie things I'd posted racist as well.

Quote:
I didn't actually accuse you of racism, but you are, whether you like it or not, repeating what has become something of a racist trope. You're doing that inadvertently and in a completely cack-handed manner, which is why I wrote the following in a previous post:

Insinuation as I said.

He was quite clear, you were inadvertently repeating a trope, you do know what inadvertent means don't you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

Sefton wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Quote:

Insinuation as I said.

He was quite clear, you were inadvertently repeating a trope, you do know what inadvertent means don't you?

Probably yes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 pm 

So Sefton has pulled out his old racist shovel picture again

bimboman wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Thank you Mick.

Victim? :lol: , get over yourself. What do you need btw, proof that frequency of sickle cell carrying is still higher in Equatorial Africa than else where and that the NHS profile the patient before a sickle cell screen (note not other similar conditions).

Will that make my simple point about racial profiling on some health issues due to prevelance make more "sense" to you.

LIke gluten intolerance? Or nut allergy? Or wheat rash? Or Pescatarianism? Maybe Man Flu, or gender fluidity, or phantom phone vibrations. There is a wealth of whites only disease out there.

EverReady wrote:

Micks already packing his bag.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Has he got form?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:23 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Sefton wrote:

It was probably quite unintentional but a insensitive picture to use on this thread.

Not knowing the rules is no excuse, as SBW proved yesterday. Posting a picture of a spade in a senstive thread about race is ban worthy. IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Quote:

Insinuation as I said.

Probably yes.

Well if you did then you'd know you making a bit of a twat of yourself using that post as the evidence to support your bleating about Eddie calling you a racist.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 pm 

[quote="Seneca of the Night"][quote="Mick Mannock"][quote="Seneca of the Night"][quote="Sefton"]What's racist about a shovel?[/quote]

It was the Ace of Spades.[/quote]
It was probably quite unintentional but a insensitive picture to use on this thread.[/quote]

Not knowing the rules is no excuse, as SBW proved yesterday. Posting a picture of a spade in a senstive thread about race is ban worthy. IMO.[/quote]
I think we should consider it a manifestation of his unconcious mind rather than intentional malice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Not knowing the rules is no excuse, as SBW proved yesterday. Posting a picture of a spade in a senstive thread about race is ban worthy. IMO.

I think we should consider it a manifestation of his unconcious mind rather than intentional malice.

There's a lot of projection on this thread, for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 pm 

Quote:
Well if you did then you'd know you making a bit of a twat of yourself using that post as the evidence to support your bleating about Eddie calling you a racist.

I don't believe he was inadvertent at all. He insinuated quite deliberately. He got called on it now your here sweeping up his poo and of course trying to have a pop at me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:39 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

I don't believe he was inadvertent at all. He insinuated quite deliberately. He got called on it now your here sweeping up his poo and of course trying to have a pop at me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

No.. you missed who was being inadvertent here.

HINT: It was you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Yeah we'd kinda covered that TG, keep up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:45 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Thank you Mick.

It's quite straightforward, Bimbo.

You used the term "particular heritage" in reference to sickle-cell anemia - that it afflicts those of such heritage, and given your previous posts in this same thread, such heritage is presumably "African". That is: particularly African. Hence your remark about claiming to be "racially African" in order to get tested/screened for sickle cell anemia at a clinic.

Now, I don't think it's outlandish or unfair to surmise from this, the conclusion, that you think there exists a particular connection between being "racially African" and having an increased likelihood of being positive for sickle-cell anemia.

This assertion of yours isn't true. It's more complicated than simply being an "African disease". You'd know this if you read a bit more widely and deeply on the subject. You'd also know that it is frequently used as a racial trope - the idea of arbitrarily tying a trait or disease to a "race". Of course, instead of taking this as a cue to, perhaps, taking the time to read a little bit more on the subject you went straight into dismissing what I wrote and eventually (it didn't take long) into personal abuse - essentially stating that I would dishonestly ignore or explain way conflicting data.

I gave you an example early on of a "whites disease" - cystic fibrosis is quite common in Ireland; more than pretty much anywhere else. And by mentioning this I was highlighting the absurdity of trying to correlate such a trait with the idea of "race"; the idea that one would identify the "Irish race" by the preponderance or incidence of this one disease.

Ignored, of course.

Last edited by Conservative Eddie on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Which makes your previous post even more nonsensical then.

Are you trying to break your previous record for number of comprehension failures in a single thread here?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 pm 

He'll be posting laughing smileys soon. He does that when he gets angry.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 pm 

Sefton wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 pm 

I ...

Um.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 pm 

Quote:
Which makes your previous post even more nonsensical then.

Are you trying to break your previous record for number of comprehension failures in a single thread here?

You were probably better off going with roundabouts again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:00 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Quote:

Insinuation as I said.

He then of course gets to the punch line from the set up

Quote:
probably not a racist

Probably all accidental.

I also said the following, which you ignore:

Quote:
Again, the whole point of this nonsense is that some people are rather fond of old race categories and have a tendency to slap traits onto this race and that race, in a pretty ad-hoc manner. Sometimes this is done out of sheer laziness and convenience on the part of researchers and clinicians, on other occasions it's done for more nefarious reasons, which alone, ought to make anyone more cautious when they think a particular trait or disease is specific to some "race".

Note the bolded part. I'm referring to you there, by the way. Unless you happen to be a researcher or clinician who is a bit lazy with their methodology.

And I use the word "probably" a lot. In the Popperian sense that we can never be completely sure about anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next