Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31862
Stonehouse is not a Ruiterwag/AB type - so he hasn't got a chance.

But I think he made the right move - Bulls are still under the cosh, still have to sort out internal problems and rebuild trust. Easier said than done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Dobson will sort out the Bulls pretty quick.

By far the best coach in SA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30672
OomPB wrote:
Dobson will sort out the Bulls pretty quick.

By far the best coach in SA.

That's what I'm worried about, losing him to the Bulls. He should be taking Fleck's spot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
However the will stuck with Pote & Matfield.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Dobson will sort out the Bulls pretty quick.

By far the best coach in SA.

That's what I'm worried about, losing him to the Bulls. He should be taking Fleck's spot.

I have said this three years ago. Theo have a soft spot for Vlek.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Eks baie bekommerd oor die Vrystaat. Daars groot fout. Die pond het hulle sag gemaak.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31862
OomPB wrote:
Eks baie bekommerd oor die Vrystaat. Daars groot fout. Die pond het hulle sag gemaak.



Oom Harold sells everyone. He's got more exposure, now, and he sells them cheap ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Eks baie bekommerd oor die Vrystaat. Daars groot fout. Die pond het hulle sag gemaak.



Oom Harold sells everyone. He's got more exposure, now, and he sells them cheap ...

Nee ek dink dis Grey Kollege se fout. Hulle bring nie spelers van kleur deur nie. Nou kak Vrystaat op die hoogste vlak.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31862
OomPB wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Eks baie bekommerd oor die Vrystaat. Daars groot fout. Die pond het hulle sag gemaak.



Oom Harold sells everyone. He's got more exposure, now, and he sells them cheap ...

Nee ek dink dis Grey Kollege se fout. Hulle bring nie spelers van kleur deur nie. Nou kak Vrystaat op die hoogste vlak.



Jislaaik.. Drink jy altyd so baie in die dag ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 725
Location: Pretoria
Fokkit Saturday's game was embarrassing! It was like having to watch an adult bullying a child. Speechless. :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Bloutoria wrote:
Fokkit Saturday's game was embarrassing! It was like having to watch an adult bullying a child. Speechless. :blush:
I can see what you are doing here. The semi mockers are very happy. :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30672
Good to see that Dobson's name isn't mentioned anymore.

Quote:
Cape Town - Former Springbok lock Victor Matfield appears to be a strong candidate for a coaching position at the Bulls.
Netwerk24 reported on Sunday that Matfield’s name is on the shortlist of candidates that has been finalised by the Bulls. The Pretoria franchise is looking for a replacement for John Mitchell, who has left to undertake the role of England’s defence coach. The report added that Matfield’s availability could count in his favour as all the other candidates are believed to be employed elsewhere.

Matfield is therefore the only candidate allowed to immediately conduct an interview with the Bulls - the others first need permission from their employers in accordance with World Rugby’s regulations.The other candidates seemingly also on the Bulls’ radar include Deon Davids (Southern Kings), Johan Ackermann, (Glloucester) and Johann van Graan (Munster).

A report last week indicated that the Bulls were considering the appointment of both a director of rugby and a head coach.
Mitchell performed both the head coaching and director of rugby duties at the Bulls but according to the new proposed plans, the head coach would focus on coaching the Super Rugby team, with the director of rugby playing a role across all levels at the union. The committee to decide on the Bulls coaching roles consists of Springbok coach Rassie Erasmus, chairperson of the Blue Bulls coaching association Blikkies Groenewald, outgoing CEO Barend van Graan and former Western Province coach Alan Zondagh.

Meanwhile, Pumas coach Jimmy Stonehouse was earlier also linked to the Bulls job but he has since publicly made himself unavailable, while Blue Bulls Currie Cup coach Pote Human has also put his hand up for the Super Rugby job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
OomPB wrote:
Bloutoria wrote:
Fokkit Saturday's game was embarrassing! It was like having to watch an adult bullying a child. Speechless. :blush:
I can see what you are doing here. The semi mockers are very happy. :nod:

It nearly worked. :thumbup:

Akkers will be a great option.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:00 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11262
No chance Ackerman will come back so soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
handyman wrote:
No chance Ackerman will come back so soon.

why? He is a true Blue Bull.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11262
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
No chance Ackerman will come back so soon.

why? He is a true Blue Bull.

Well, he signed a 3 year contract. I don't think he's the same as Jake White who drop teams like a hot potato.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 725
Location: Pretoria
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
No chance Ackerman will come back so soon.

why? He is a true Blue Bull.

Well, he signed a 3 year contract. I don't think he's the same as Jake White who drop teams like a hot potato.


And the BB post is a bit toxic, I think. Don't make it, out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4313
Ackermann is from Benoni. He went to Brandwag. Even if he played a bit for the Bulls he's a Lion through and through.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Average Joe wrote:
Ackermann is from Benoni. He went to Brandwag. Even if he played a bit for the Bulls he's a Lion through and through.

The Bulls made him a rugby player. Think he was at the police college.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31862
Pote Human will get the job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4313
OomPB wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Ackermann is from Benoni. He went to Brandwag. Even if he played a bit for the Bulls he's a Lion through and through.

The Bulls made him a rugby player. Think he was at the police college.

No Brandwag made him a Rugby player. He played for the Bulls (1 year) then moved to the Lions (2 years) then to Northampton (1 year), Grikwas (2 years) and lastly the Tharks (4 years). Would you say he's a Thark because he played the longest for them and that was also the last team he played for?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4313
He even told his new boss to change their badge to a Lion FFS.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30672
Average Joe wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Ackermann is from Benoni. He went to Brandwag. Even if he played a bit for the Bulls he's a Lion through and through.

The Bulls made him a rugby player. Think he was at the police college.

No Brandwag made him a Rugby player. He played for the Bulls (1 year) then moved to the Lions (2 years) then to Northampton (1 year), Grikwas (2 years) and lastly the Tharks (4 years). Would you say he's a Thark because he played the longest for them and that was also the last team he played for?

Ox would.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 4313
They probably paid him the most too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19510
Bloutoria wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
No chance Ackerman will come back so soon.

why? He is a true Blue Bull.

Well, he signed a 3 year contract. I don't think he's the same as Jake White who drop teams like a hot potato.


And the BB post is a bit toxic, I think. Don't make it, out.

Everyone and their dog have been on the Bulls supposed list. The only one sticking so far is Matfield


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:49 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10696
Location: Kenya
Right, just to be on the safe side, I'm ruling myself out of contention to coach the Bulls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16062
assfly wrote:
Right, just to be on the safe side, I'm ruling myself out of contention to coach the Bulls.

For that salary I am leaving myself available to coach the Bulls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19510
Chilli wrote:
assfly wrote:
Right, just to be on the safe side, I'm ruling myself out of contention to coach the Bulls.

For that salary I am leaving myself available to coach the Bulls.

You can probably get a JM-style deal where you don't even have to live in Pretoria


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Running the catering at Loftus can add an extra income with the coaching fees. Make sure your biltong. brandy and coke stock is good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31862
Pappa van Graan is bugging off. Willem Strauss will be the new head honcho.

Maybe the Bulls will start recovering. Maybe not ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25268
Location: Stellenbosch
Willem Strauss is a good man to have.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31862
OomPB wrote:
Willem Strauss is a good man to have.



:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30672
Cornal Hendricks to the Bulls for SR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16062
saffer13 wrote:
Cornal Hendricks to the Bulls for SR

Who?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, assfly, bessantj, BokJock, DragsterDriver, Edinburgh01, eldanielfire, EverReady, feckwanker, Flockwitt, FujiKiwi, Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, Keith, Laurent, Saint, Sards, somer, swc, Wignu and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group