Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Now TV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27268
Anybody used it. Deal on virgin nearly up so probably keep the internet with them and get the telly off somewhere else. How does it work? Computer and cast to tv?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6338
EverReady wrote:
Anybody used it. Deal on virgin nearly up so probably keep the internet with them and get the telly off somewhere else. How does it work? Computer and cast to tv?


Yup, or is on some smart TVs. It is ok, but only a little catch up content and no red button options.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27268
frillage wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Anybody used it. Deal on virgin nearly up so probably keep the internet with them and get the telly off somewhere else. How does it work? Computer and cast to tv?


Yup, or is on some smart TVs. It is ok, but only a little catch up content and no red button options.


Never thought of the on demand stuff. Shite


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6338
EverReady wrote:
frillage wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Anybody used it. Deal on virgin nearly up so probably keep the internet with them and get the telly off somewhere else. How does it work? Computer and cast to tv?


Yup, or is on some smart TVs. It is ok, but only a little catch up content and no red button options.


Never thought of the on demand stuff. Shite


Same as sky go almost. Nearly impossible to get full games which is balls considering paying a decent whack for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18732
It's not cheap for what it is. Could you not parasitise off a mate? I have a symbiotic netflix in exchange for now tv thing going on. Hopefully that's ok in the current climate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27268
Fûck that then. My chislers and wife use up all the Netflix and everything else somi could only trade hand shandy's. Not arsed paying that moola for something unreliable. Will try the oul 'Sky offered it to me for nothing and said they would clean my car' trick....again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3925
EverReady wrote:
Fûck that then. My chislers and wife use up all the Netflix and everything else somi could only trade hand shandy's. Not arsed paying that moola for something unreliable. Will try the oul 'Sky offered it to me for nothing and said they would clean my car' trick....again


i recentlyreduced my sky bill from £120-130 to £63 after cancelling. improved my broadband too. well worth negotiating after cancelling


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18732
booze wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Fûck that then. My chislers and wife use up all the Netflix and everything else somi could only trade hand shandy's. Not arsed paying that moola for something unreliable. Will try the oul 'Sky offered it to me for nothing and said they would clean my car' trick....again


i recentlyreduced my sky bill from £120-130 to £63 after cancelling. improved my broadband too. well worth negotiating after cancelling

Well, they'd clearly been bending you over every month for a long time so they can afford to give a bit back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30574
It’s great. You get a small box online for €20 it’s basically a roku box so decent kit. Monthly charge €15 for all the sky box sets, then I just pay €10 for a sky sports day pass any time I want to watch a match. Cheaper than the two pints I’d have in the pub to watch a match. Works well perfect quality. I’ve no interest in soccer or any other sports so suits me.

I’ve 3 tv’s. The app is built in to the LG tv so no need for the box but it’s not on the Samsung’s. I think you can get it on Android if you have a Sony so no need for the box.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27268
So no extra for each tv just the box or app? That could be very cheap to be fair and I am the same as you as in only want the odd match as don't watch football etc. I"'ll do more research I reckons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2402
If you watch it on a Mac the DRM it uses drains the battery very quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30574
EverReady wrote:
So no extra for each tv just the box or app? That could be very cheap to be fair and I am the same as you as in only want the odd match as don't watch football etc. I"'ll do more research I reckons

No extra you can watch it on two anyway not sure about three at the same time. Works on laptops and iPads too. I really just got it for the HBO box sets so the sports day pass was a bonus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 236
What parts of Now TV are HD? During my yearly "I'm leaving you" discussion with Sky, I tried Now TV with a day pass for an F1 race to see what I might be facing. Watching through the Apple TV app, the quality was far from HD/was shite. Was this a function of the Apple TV app, or is Now TV generally not HD?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3925
Gavin Duffy wrote:
booze wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Fûck that then. My chislers and wife use up all the Netflix and everything else somi could only trade hand shandy's. Not arsed paying that moola for something unreliable. Will try the oul 'Sky offered it to me for nothing and said they would clean my car' trick....again


i recentlyreduced my sky bill from £120-130 to £63 after cancelling. improved my broadband too. well worth negotiating after cancelling

Well, they'd clearly been bending you over every month for a long time so they can afford to give a bit back.


What a nice chap you are.

That price was for everything - sky hd all the packages, multi room, phone, fibre broadband.

I did let it go on too long but I can afford it. Unlike you who has to buddy up with a mate so you can both watch Netflix which is £8 a month :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30574
booze wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
booze wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Fûck that then. My chislers and wife use up all the Netflix and everything else somi could only trade hand shandy's. Not arsed paying that moola for something unreliable. Will try the oul 'Sky offered it to me for nothing and said they would clean my car' trick....again


i recentlyreduced my sky bill from £120-130 to £63 after cancelling. improved my broadband too. well worth negotiating after cancelling

Well, they'd clearly been bending you over every month for a long time so they can afford to give a bit back.


What a nice chap you are.

That price was for everything - sky hd all the packages, multi room, phone, fibre broadband.

I did let it go on too long but I can afford it. Unlike you who has to buddy up with a mate so you can both watch Netflix which is £8 a month :lol:


You’ve no idea what he earns, he might just be tight. Even if he doesn’t earn as much as you, you still sound like a dick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 pm
Posts: 524
Keep an eye on Amazon deals. We spotted a now tv box with a 6 month entertainment pass for £19. Picked up 2 which sorted us for Sky Atlantic, Sky One and access to all the box sets for the year. We put the extra box in a different room and used the same pass, then activated the other pass when the old one ran out. Sports pass deals are harder to come by though. Ask for passes from relatives who can’t be arsed to put any thought into their b’day and Xmas gifts and stock up - they’ll thank you, the feckless cünts...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30574
DuncanF wrote:
What parts of Now TV are HD? During my yearly "I'm leaving you" discussion with Sky, I tried Now TV with a day pass for an F1 race to see what I might be facing. Watching through the Apple TV app, the quality was far from HD/was shite. Was this a function of the Apple TV app, or is Now TV generally not HD?


The quality is good. Not sure if HD or not, never was too bothered as I always found that SD was pretty good. For streamed box sets there doesn’t seem to be any difference anyway - and can’t recall any problems during matches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18732
I'm just a good capitalist, I hate paying more than I need to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm
Posts: 9780
Black Friday deals seem like a good time to sign up for Now TV. As an existing customer I got 3 month entertainment pass for £2.30, with all the box sets etc.

They do other deals from time to time too, it was £15 for the Lions in June & July and £16 for November AIs, which is normally £33 a month, you get the full 7-8 channels for that. They periodically send out 50% off for Sky Cinema in emails too.

The Roku 2 is probably the best machine to get, you get Amazon video & Netflix on there whereas they're not on the original Roku. The Roku 3 has a voice activated remote.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Now TV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4767
Quality is fine. Films especially although it’s usual streaming - not a patch on Blu-ray. I project it to a 5m wide screen and sitting 3-4m back it looks fine. Especially when pissed, which I normally am.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, Achahoish, Beaver_Shark, bessantj, earl the beaver, eugenefraxby, frankster, Google Adsense [Bot], houtkabouter, iarmhiman, inactionman, Jensrsa, Joost, KnuckleDragger, mr bungle, Nieghorn, SamShark, tabascoboy, Theflier, tiddle, troglodiet, Troll, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group