Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: JRWC 2018 - France
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm 

England 23 for the Argentina game

England U20s
15. Tom Parton (London Irish)
14. Ali Crossdale (Saracens)
13. Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints)
12. Tom Hardwick (Leicester Tigers)
11. Jordan Olowofela (Leicester Tigers)
10. James Grayson (Northampton Saints)
9. Ben White (Leicester Tigers)
1. Toby Trinder (Northampton Saints)
2. Henry Walker (Gloucester Rugby)
3. Ehren Painter (Northampton Saints)
4. Joel Kpoku (Saracens)
5. James Scott (Worcester Warriors)
6. Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors)
7. Ben Curry (Sale Sharks) – captain
8. Josh Basham (London Irish)

Replacements:
16. Beck Cutting (Worcester Warriors)
17. Alex Seville (Gloucester Rugby)
18. Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers)
19. Sam Lewis (Leicester Tigers)
20. Tom Willis (Wasps)
21. Rory Brand (London Irish)
22. Marcus Smith (Harlequins)
23. Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:11 pm 

I’ll be at that one, Japan v New Zealand same stadium as well

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:39 pm 

Will hopefully be a good one. Can't see it televised anywhere in the UK. Just highlights on ITV later that evening, which is a shame.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:41 pm 

s24
Quote:
Willemse cherishing SA U20 leadership role
Cape Town - Junior Springbok vice-captain and flyhalf Damian Willemse is relishing the opportunity to be back at the World Rugby U20 Championship and says he and his team-mates can’t wait for their opening match against Georgia on Wednesday.

The clash will mark Willemse’s first game for the Junior Boks this season after establishing himself as the Stormers’ first-choice flyhalf in Super Rugby.

“It is awesome to be here in France for the World Rugby U20 Championship, which is one of my favourite tournaments to participate in,” said Willemse.

“With the first game coming up we are really excited, and personally I am looking forward to playing my first game with the guys and getting the tournament underway.

“It is also special to be the vice-captain. It is really a big honour and privilege, and an opportunity I am cherishing.”

Willemse said the team had settled in well at their base in Gruissan in the south of France, which is just outside Narbonne, where they will play their last two pool matches.

“We have been here for a little over two days now, and we have settled in well,” Willemse on Monday.

“We had our first training session yesterday and another today, which went well, and we are getting a lot of work done. Fortunately there is not a lot of change the guys have to adapt to, so it is almost like being back home, which has made it easy to settle in.”

Looking ahead at the team’s opening match against Georgia, which kicks off at Stade Aimé Giral in Perpignan at 18:30 on Wednesday, Willemse said: “The team is really excited to get going. A lot of the preparation is now done and it is almost time to play the first match.

“There will certainly be a lot of passion and pride in that game, and we are expecting Georgia to have a fair amount of supporters. We know it is going to be tough and very physical, but our preparation has been good, and we will give everything on the field.”

The Junior Springboks will face Ireland on Sunday, June 3, and hosts France on Thursday, June 7, at the Parc des Sports Et de l'Amitié in Narbonne respectively in their remaining pool matches.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:31 am 

So I'm heading to Perpignan tomorrow for France v Ireland and will try to catch a bit of the Boks game.

Who on Irish and Frog teams should I be watching out for? Haven't really been following the junior levels lately.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:37 am 

Read a stat that England have been to more finals than NZ (NZ has won more however). Makes you wonder if talent identification and development is the biggest weakness of the England system.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:39 am 

Andalu wrote:
Read a stat that England have been to more finals than NZ (NZ has won more however). Makes you wonder if talent identification and development is the biggest weakness of the England system.

I'd say it's more that after u20s, they're only exposure is at club level, and most aren't capable of breaking into their AP sides for at least 2-3 seasons, which leaves them short on game time to develop, meaning they don't make it.

One of the issues with the club/union structure in place.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:40 am 

jezzer wrote:
So I'm heading to Perpignan tomorrow for France v Ireland and will try to catch a bit of the Boks game.

Who on Irish and Frog teams should I be watching out for? Haven't really been following the junior levels lately.

Doris and Tommy O'Brien.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:40 am 

Andalu wrote:
England choke in finals.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
jezzer wrote:

Doris and Tommy O'Brien.

Cheers. Doris I've seen in the Leinster senior squad. Anyone else?

Frenchies?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 am 

OomPB wrote:
Andalu wrote:
England choke in finals.

That's one way to look at it but they've won 3 of the last 5.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:47 am 

Andalu wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Andalu wrote:
England choke in finals.

That's one way to look at it but they've won 3 of the last 5.

Bokkies choked the last three.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:10 am 

jezzer wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
jezzer wrote:

Doris and Tommy O'Brien.

Frenchies?

N'tamack son of ...
Brennan Son of ...

Woki
Tauzin

That team won the 6 nations (they bottled the game against England in the rain).

Gimbert is also son of

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm 

Bokkies team for opener.
S24
Quote:
Junior Boks turn to Willemse in U20 Championship opener

Cape Town - Junior Springbok flyhalf Damian Willemse will make his first appearance of the season for the SA U20’s in a settled starting team when Chean Roux’s charges meet Georgia in their opening match of the World Rugby U20 Championship at Stade Aimé Giral in Perpignan on Wednesday.

Willemse, one of seven players in the match-day squad who participated in the tournament in Georgia last year, will partner with Zak Burger at halfback after coming off a solid Super Rugby campaign for the Stormers in the last few months.

Lock and captain Salmaan Moerat, centre Wandisile Simelane, No 8 Muller Uys, fullback Gianni Lombard, hooker Daniel Jooste and replacement scrumhalf Rewan Kruger are the other players in Roux’s match-23 who featured in the international spectacle in Tbilisi.

Moerat and Ruan Nortje will form the lock duo, while flankers Dian Schoonees and PJ Steenkamp pair up with Uys in the loose trio, and Rikus Pretorius and Simelane will do duty in the midfield.

Lombard starts at fullback, with Tyrone Green and Sihle Njezula at wing, while Jooste and props Sazi Sandi and Nathan McBeth will pack down in the front row.

On the bench, replacement lock Ruan Nortje will make his Junior Springbok debut if he takes to the field after missing the team’s internationals in the lead-up to the tournament due to a knee injury.

“We were fortunate to be able to select a settled squad, which will be handy against a physical and passionate Georgian outfit,” said Roux.

“All the players are fit and eager to play, and we selected a team that we thought would be best suited to the game against Georgia.”

Looking ahead at the clash against Georgia, Roux said he is expecting a physical onslaught.

“Georgia play with their hearts on their sleeves and they will take to the field with everything they have. They are a forward-driven team, with a good scrum and lineout maul, so they will probably try to lay the foundation there. But that said, our plans for the game are mapped out and hopefully we can counter that,” he said.

The match kicks off at 18:30 (SA time) and will be broadcast live on SuperSport 1.

Junior Springbok team to face Georgia:

15 Gianni Lombard (Golden Lions), 14 Tyrone Green (Golden Lions), 13 Wandisile Simelane (Golden Lions), 12 Rikus Pretorius (Western Province), 11 Sihle Njezula (Western Province), 10 Damian Willemse (Western Province), 9 Zak Burger (Sharks), 8 Muller Uys (Western Province), 7 PJ Steenkamp (Golden Lions), 6 Dian Schoonees (Golden Lions), 5 Ruan Nortje (Blue Bulls), 4 Salmaan Moerat (captain, Western Province), 3 Sazi Sandi (Western Province), 2 Daniel Jooste (Western Province), 1 Nathan McBeth (Golden Lions)

Substitutes: 16 Schalk Erasmus (Western Province), 17 Alulutho Tshakweni (Eastern Province), 18 Asenathi Ntlabakanye (Golden Lions), 19 Ben-Jason Dixon (Western Province), 20 Ruan Vermaak (Golden Lions), 21 Rewan Kruger (Free State), 22 Lubabalo Dobela (Free State), 23 Lyle Hendricks (Western Province)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:05 pm 

Good to see Zak Burger starting. He should be playing for the Sharks, know him since u7 days.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:08 pm 

:thumbup:
Laurent wrote:
jezzer wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
jezzer wrote:

Doris and Tommy O'Brien.

Frenchies?

N'tamack son of ...
Brennan Son of ...

Woki
Tauzin

That team won the 6 nations (they bottled the game against England in the rain).

Gimbert is also son of

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:34 pm 

Italia: 15 Michelangelo Biondelli, 14 Alessandro Forcucci, 13 Andrea De Masi, 12 Damiano Mazza, 11 Giovanni D’Onofrio, 10 Antonio Rizzi, 9 Nicolò Casilio, 8 Lodovico Manni, 7 Michele Lamaro (C), 6 Jacopo Bianchi, 5 Edoardo Iachizzi, 4 Niccolò Cannone, 3 Michele Mancini Parri, 2 Matteo Luccardi, 1 Danilo Fischetti;
A disposizione: 16 Niccolò Taddia, 17 Guido Romano, 18 Matteo Nocera, 19 Matteo Canali, 20 Antoine Koffi, 21 Luca Crosato, 22 Filippo Di Marco, 23 Tommaso Coppo;

Scozia: 15 Paddy Dewhirst, 14 Logan Trotter, 13 Cameron Hutchison, 12 Stafford McDowall, 11 Kyle Rowe, 10 Ross Thompson, 9 Charlie Chapman, 1 Ross Dunbar, 2 Finlay Scott, 3 Finlay Richardson, 4 Ewan Johnson, 5 Jamie Hodgson, 6 Martin Hughes, 7 Rory Darge, 8 Devante Onojaife;
A disposizione: 16 Robbie Smith, 17 Sam Grahamslaw, 18 Murphy Walker, 19 Charlie Jupp, 20 Guy Graham, 21 Charlie Gowling, 22 Callum McLelland, 23 Fraser Strachan;

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 pm 

sturginho wrote:
Italia: 15 Michelangelo Biondelli, 14 Alessandro Forcucci, 13 Andrea De Masi, 12 Damiano Mazza, 11 Giovanni D’Onofrio, 10 Antonio Rizzi, 9 Nicolò Casilio, 8 Lodovico Manni, 7 Michele Lamaro (C), 6 Jacopo Bianchi, 5 Edoardo Iachizzi, 4 Niccolò Cannone, 3 Michele Mancini Parri, 2 Matteo Luccardi, 1 Danilo Fischetti;
A disposizione: 16 Niccolò Taddia, 17 Guido Romano, 18 Matteo Nocera, 19 Matteo Canali, 20 Antoine Koffi, 21 Luca Crosato, 22 Filippo Di Marco, 23 Tommaso Coppo;

Scozia: 15 Paddy Dewhirst, 14 Logan Trotter, 13 Cameron Hutchison, 12 Stafford McDowall, 11 Kyle Rowe, 10 Ross Thompson, 9 Charlie Chapman, 1 Ross Dunbar, 2 Finlay Scott, 3 Finlay Richardson, 4 Ewan Johnson, 5 Jamie Hodgson, 6 Martin Hughes, 7 Rory Darge, 8 Devante Onojaife;
A disposizione: 16 Robbie Smith, 17 Sam Grahamslaw, 18 Murphy Walker, 19 Charlie Jupp, 20 Guy Graham, 21 Charlie Gowling, 22 Callum McLelland, 23 Fraser Strachan;

Isn't Guy Graham the brother of George's older son in the England senior squad? Think he was signed by Falcons for next season.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:45 pm 

Andalu wrote:

Nah. It's a relatively new phenomenon and we're actually doing really well at getting these guys into pro rugby and a good chunk of them make it as internationals. Where we struggle is with injuries, the increased physical requirements, home nations poaching, and a lack of real improvement from some of them post U20 (which would be coaching and the players themselves to blame, I guess)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
a lack of real improvement from some of them post U20 (which would be coaching and the players themselves to blame, I guess)

That's part of the development process. Also I wonder if in NZ the constant turnover of players going overseas means that talented NZ players are thrown in the deep end at a younger age more often, as Raggs pointed out the lower turnover plus large numbers of foreigners in the prem means that even with many more teams, the pipeline can get clogged.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:20 pm 

Andalu wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
a lack of real improvement from some of them post U20 (which would be coaching and the players themselves to blame, I guess)

That's part of the development process. Also I wonder if in NZ the constant turnover of players going overseas means that talented NZ players are thrown in the deep end at a younger age more often, as Raggs pointed out the lower turnover plus large numbers of foreigners in the prem means that even with many more teams, the pipeline can get clogged.

Yes, to be fair my response was focusing heavily on the identification aspect.

From a Kiwi point of view it's a large number of foreigners but each side is still heavily English. It's rarely the case that a foreigner is keeping out a Premiership-quality youngster, honestly.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 pm 

Andalu wrote:

There seems to be a huge number of players whose dad's played Rugby these days. I suspect the issue is a lot of the best talent doesn't get into club rugby fast enough and when they get looked at mid-teens a lot of clubs seem players whose skills and understanding of the game is well coached as better then more raw talented athletes who are still unsure if they can enter a ruck at points in the game.

If the London rugby scene is anything to go by, it's because a lot of kids from none Rugby backgrounds don't get exposed to it until secondary school. So they are learning the basics for one-two hours a week in school a large class while those from rugby backgrounds are going 3 times a week look like great flankers for example as they just know the game inside out at 12 years old and are on rucks etc the second they form while the newbies are trying to remember if they should or shouldn't enter and grab the ball in this particular situation.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 pm 

Just as an exercise, here's last year's finalists.

England U20: 15. Tom Parton (London Irish), 14. Darren Atkins (Bath Rugby), 13. Will Butler (Worcester Warriors), 12. Jacob Umaga (Wasps), 11. Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins), 10. Max Malins (Saracens), 9. Harry Randall (Gloucester Rugby), 1. Ralph Adams-Hale (Saracens), 2. Joe Mullis (Gloucester Rugby), 3. Ciaran Knight (Gloucester Rugby), 4. Josh Caulfield (Exeter Chiefs), 5. Jack Nay (Saracens), 6. Dino Lamb (Harlequins), 7. Ben Earl (Saracens), 8. Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby) captain.

Replacements: 16. Henry Walker (Gloucester Rugby), 17. Ollie Dawe (Bristol Rugby), 18. Alex Seville (Gloucester Rugby), 19. Justin Clegg (Worcester Warriors), 20. Josh Bayliss (Bath Rugby), 21. Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints), 22. James Grayson (Northampton Saints), 23. Paolo Odogwu (Sale Sharks).

Very few of these guys are really ready for pro rugby. However, Mercer just started for England against the Baabaas, James Grayson got loads of gametime to prove he was bad, Malins has shown up nicely for Sarries, Ibitoye's pretty one-dimensional but has managed some highlights for Quins, and the others have a smattering of appearances.

None of these guys scream international class just yet. Malins seems pretty classy though, I like him a lot.

2016:

ENGLAND U-20: Max Malins (Saracens); Sam Aspland-Robinson (Harlequins), Joe Marchant (Harlequins), Johnny Williams (London Irish), Matt Gallagher (Saracens); Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints) (capt), Max Green (Yorkshire Carnegie); Lewis Boyce (Yorkshire Carnegie), Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors), Billy Walker (Saracens), Stan South (Harlequins), Huw Taylor (Worcester Warriors), George Nott (Sale Sharks), Will Evans (Leicester Tigers), Callum Chick (Newcastle Falcons).

Replacements: Charlie Piper (Harlequins), Tom West (Wasps), Will Stuart (Wasps), Andrew Kitchener (Worcester Warriors), Jack Willis (Wasps), Harry Randall (Gloucester), Max Wright (Yorkshire Carnegie), Ollie Thorley (Gloucester).

Malins again. Aspland-Robinson had a bad injury but would've played some club rugby and is off to Tigers. Marchant is one of Quins' better players and on Eddie's radar at 13. Mallinder is talented but all over the shop. Boyce is on Eddie's radar and a good club player already. Singleton has England caps. Will Evans was on Eddie's radar but struggles to get a run of games. Jack Willis was amazing for Wasps and is now broken. Nott is a sale regular, Stan South has not impressed for Quins. Don't think anyone else there is really being left behind.

aaaand finally, 2015:

England U20 team to face New Zealand:
15. Aaron Morris (Saracens)
14. George Perkins (Saracens)
13. Nick Tompkins (Saracens)
12. Max Clark (Bath Rugby)
11. Howard Packman (Northampton Saints)
10. Rory Jennings (Bath Rugby)
9. James Mitchell (Sale Sharks)
1. Ellis Genge (Bristol Rugby)
2. Jack Walker (Yorkshire Carnegie)
3. Paul Hill (Yorkshire Carnegie)
4. Will Witty (Newcastle Falcons)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, Captain)
6. Lewis Ludlam (Northampton)
7. Will Owen (Leicester Tigers)
8. James Chisholm (Harlequins)

Replacements:
16. Jack Innard (Exeter Chiefs)
17. Sebastian Adeniran-Olule (Harlequins)
18. Ciaran Parker (Sale Sharks)
19. Kieran Treadwell (Harlequins)
20. Sam Skinner (Exeter Chiefs)
21. Will Homer (Bath Rugby)
22. Lloyd Evans (Gloucester)
23. Piers O’Conor (Wasps)

A couple of internationals in there (Ewels, Genge, Hill), a whole bunch of promising club players (Innard, Skinner, Chisholm, Tompkins, Morris, Ludlam, Packman), an Ulster regular (Treadwell), and one untimely death (Sebastian Adeniran-Olule).

The same for the Kiwis would see a bunch of people I don't really know, some good Super Rugby players in Tevita Li, Blake Gibson and Jack Goodhue, and a few guys looking to break into the All Blacks (Akira Ioane, Riccitelli, Moli, TTT), plus one AB regular (Anton Leinart-Brown).

I'm not sure it's hugely different - maybe the Kiwis have more Super Rugby starters, just eyeballing it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:10 pm 

What channel is this being shown on in the UK?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 pm 

Often they were streamed on the WR facebook page or website last year, don't think the TV channels show them.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:21 pm 

ITV show the semi and final. Wales games on S4C

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 pm 

From last years U20 side, we have Aumua as a capped AB, and the majority of the players (loose forward trio, 10-13, multiple bench players) starting super rugby games. Then again, that was a particularly strong team that was running through other teams.

2011 NZ U20 side is still the best though, has been posted a number of times on PR but worth posting just for posterity:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
1 Solomona Sakalia Wellington
2 Codie Taylor Canterbury
3 Ben Tameifuna Hawke’s Bay
4 Steven Luatua Auckland
5 Brodie Rettalick Hawke’s Bay
6 Brad Shields Wellington
7 Sam Cane Bay of Plenty
8 Luke Whitelock, captain Canterbury
9 TJ Perenara Wellington
10 Gareth Anscombe Auckland
11 Charles Piutau Auckland
12 Lima Sopoaga Wellington
13 Francis Saili Auckland
14 Mitchell Scott Tasman
15 Beauden Barrett Taranaki

16 Sefo Setefano Waikato
17 Michael Kainga Wellington
18 Dominic Bird Canterbury
19 Carl Axtens Bay of Plenty
20 Brad Weber Otago
21 Rhys Llewellyn Canterbury
22 Waisake Naholo Taranaki

The England team they beat had a decent number of future stars too.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:29 pm 

La heinous wrote:
ITV show the semi and final. Wales games on S4C

Marvalous. Between Kiwi TV and S4C, I'll be able to watch al the game I want. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:37 pm 

Raggs wrote:
Andalu wrote:

I'd say it's more that after u20s, they're only exposure is at club level, and most aren't capable of breaking into their AP sides for at least 2-3 seasons, which leaves them short on game time to develop, meaning they don't make it.

One of the issues with the club/union structure in place.

Lots of foreigners (by comparison with, say, the Irish) blocking their chance to get playing time.

But there are always going to be a lot of age-grade players who just won't make the cut as better players get discovered, late developers over-take them, they prove to not have the mental fortitude to cut it at the next level, etc. etc.

I'd imagine England to have a pretty good promotion rate, though, given how many academies they do have, the AASE schools, and a second tier where they can get paid and play at a good level (and be on telly from time to time) while developing like Launchbury.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:52 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Lots of foreigners (by comparison with, say, the Irish) blocking their chance to get playing time.

No, not really.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 pm 

They pick flat track bullies of a sort at U20s level who don't really have it for the long term. A downfall of a huge pool to choose from in a sense.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:03 am 

Also a terrible hot take.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:08 am 

JM2K6 wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

No, not really.

When you look at squads on wiki and see the amount of flags that aren't St George's... it's not French level diversity, but it's more than most Celtic teams.

First thing that came to mind was Ransom, Earle, Tompkins not getting much game time.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:39 am 

New Zealand Under 20 to play Japan tomorrow morning.

1. Xavier Numia - Wellington
2. Flynn Thomas - Southland
3. Tevita Mafileo - Bay of Plenty
4. John Akau'ola-Laula - Auckland
5. Will Tucker - Canterbury
6. Tom Florence - Taranaki
7. Tom Christie - captain - Canterbury
8. Hoskins Sotutu - Auckland
9. Xavier Roe - Waikato
10. Kaleb Trask - Bay of Plenty
11. Leicester Faingaanuku - Tasman
12. Billy Proctor - Wellington
13. Bailyn Sullivan - Waikato
14. Jamie Spowart -Tasman
15. Vilimoni Koroi - Otago
16. Ricky Jackson -Otago
17. Sione Asi - Manawatu
18. Rob Cobb - Auckland
19. Waimana Riedlinger-Kapa - Auckland
20. Will Tremain - Hawke's Bay
21. Jay Renton - Southland
22. Harry Plummer - Auckland
23. Scott Gregory - Northland

Someone may have answered this earlier in the thread but is Will Tremain the grandson of Kel?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:15 am 

Australia team named

Harry Hoopert, Queensland, Brothers
2. Efi Maafu, Queensland, Wests
3. Tom Ross, ACT, Gungahlin
4. Trevor Hosea, Harlequins, Victoria
5. Angus Blyth, Queensland, Bond University
6. Esei Haangana, Victoria, Melbourne Unicorns
7. Fraser McReight, Queensland, Brothers
8. Josh Kemeny, NSW, Sydney University
9. Ryan Lonergan (c), ACT, Vikings
10. Bayley Kuenzle, NSW, Southern Districts
11. Matt McTaggert, NSW, Easts
12. Isaac Lucas, Queensland, Sunnybank
13. Semisi Tupou, Victoria, Box Hill
14. James Ramm, NSW, Randwick
15. Mack Hansen, ACT, Gungahlin
REPLACEMENTS
16. Sama Malolo, Victoria, Endeavour Hills
17. George Francis, NSW, Eastwood
18. Lawrence Tominiko, Queensland, Sunnybank
19. Michael Wood, Queensland, Brothers
19. Patrick Tafa, NSW, Norths
20. Tate McDermott, Queensland, University of Queensland
21. Will Harrison, NSW, Randwick
22. Isiah Latu, ACT, Queanbeyan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:15 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

No, not really.

When you look at squads on wiki and see the amount of flags that aren't St George's... it's not French level diversity, but it's more than most Celtic teams.

First thing that came to mind was Ransom, Earle, Tompkins not getting much game time.

Ransom got plenty of chances and was never good enough. Which is why he ended up sinking without a trace at Irish. He couldn't get ahead of Alex Goode.

Earle struggled to make an impression at the best club in the country. He had English and foreign players ahead of him and was worse than all of them. He's moving to Quins to try and make it as a premiership player.

Tompkins has 70-odd appearances for the best side in the country. If he was good enough he would have more. Lozowski is the latest to leapfrog him.

I'm not sure these examples actually disagree with me.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 am 

Kiwias wrote:
New Zealand Under 20 to play Japan tomorrow morning.

1. Xavier Numia - Wellington
2. Flynn Thomas - Southland
3. Tevita Mafileo - Bay of Plenty
4. John Akau'ola-Laula - Auckland
5. Will Tucker - Canterbury
6. Tom Florence - Taranaki
7. Tom Christie - captain - Canterbury
8. Hoskins Sotutu - Auckland
9. Xavier Roe - Waikato
10. Kaleb Trask - Bay of Plenty
11. Leicester Faingaanuku - Tasman
12. Billy Proctor - Wellington
13. Bailyn Sullivan - Waikato
14. Jamie Spowart -Tasman
15. Vilimoni Koroi - Otago
16. Ricky Jackson -Otago
17. Sione Asi - Manawatu
18. Rob Cobb - Auckland
19. Waimana Riedlinger-Kapa - Auckland
20. Will Tremain - Hawke's Bay
21. Jay Renton - Southland
22. Harry Plummer - Auckland
23. Scott Gregory - Northland

Someone may have answered this earlier in the thread but is Will Tremain the grandson of Kel?

Yes he is.

When he's not with the baby's, he plays in Wellington Club rugby while attending Vic.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 am 

Ted. wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Yes he is.

When he's not with the baby's, he plays in Wellington Club rugby while attending Vic.

If he is one-third the player his granddad was, he'll still be bloody good. All respect to Kaino, Whetton, Collins, and Thorne, Tremain is still my favourite AB 6.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am 

Well.... Narbonne is a sleepy little town, us included, it’s 10:50, I’m still in bed and the missus is still asleep.

All ready to two games this evening all for the princely sum of €12 each.

Our pal is on the bench for Japan, Kaito Aibe, give him a cheer if he comes on, lovely lad, sadly his family don’t arrive until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:59 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Yes he is.

If he is one-third the player his granddad was, he'll still be bloody good. All respect to Kaino, Whetton, Collins, and Thorne, Tremain is still my favourite AB 6.

And if so, it would be nice if he came to the Canes. :nod:

Ooh! I see his is already in the Canes' Development Squad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next