Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lorde is a bigot
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:00 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Quote:
Peace deals have been signed and have delivered squat, mostly because one side consistently breaks them.

They arranged a deal with Egypt that has lasted OK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 am 

Dubh01 wrote:

You've just proved his point with that post. Well done you.
:nod:

He's got to be right sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 am 

terangi48 wrote:
Onya Lorde.....good decision to stay out of siht fight...no winners there

She didn't really, she actually joined the shitfight with her decision.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:27 am 

UncleFB wrote:
terangi48 wrote:
Onya Lorde.....good decision to stay out of siht fight...no winners there

She didn't really, she actually joined the shitfight with her decision.

Agree. If she not gone there would be no story. If she had gone there would be a minor story and a bit of internet hysteria then nothing. Her succumbing to internet pressure has created the story.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:45 am 

booji boy wrote:
merlin the happy pig wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Whatever the issue is with the UN and its apparent inconsistency doesn't negate Israel's credentials as a nasty piece of work in a region that abounds with nasty pieces of work.

Now that we have the mealy mouthed, the apologists and what aboutry out of the way, carry on.

The problem for Israel is that they are surrounded by neighbours who would happily wipe them off the map. Anti semitism in Islam and the middle east predates any of Israels actions, though their action no doubt increase it. Biut the rights of wrongs of it don't really matter much when you are in that situation.
Being the biggest Cvnts in the neighbourhood has worked so far.
Peace deals have been signed and have delivered squat, mostly because one side consistently breaks them.

Any bright ideas what they should do?

I'm sure if Ted was living in Israel he'd appeal to his neighbours in song going something like this:

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

It's a tragedy that the best option seems to be to just keep screwing over the Palestinians perpetually.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:50 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Whatever the issue is with the UN and its apparent inconsistency doesn't negate Israel's credentials as a nasty piece of work in a region that abounds with nasty pieces of work.

Now that we have the mealy mouthed, the apologists and what aboutry out of the way, carry on.

The problem for Israel is that they are surrounded by neighbours who would happily wipe them off the map. Anti semitism in Islam and the middle east predates any of Israels actions, though their action no doubt increase it. Biut the rights of wrongs of it don't really matter much when you are in that situation.

I'm sure if Ted was living in Israel he'd appeal to his neighbours in song going something like this:

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

It's a tragedy that the best option seems to be to just keep screwing over the Palestinians perpetually.

Egypt is culpable in screwing over the Palestinians too. Whataboutery their sanctions?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 am 

Santa wrote:

Egypt is culpable in screwing over the Palestinians too. Whataboutery their sanctions?

Lucky I didn't limit my post to just one country. Lots of countries are culpable. You should list them too.

It's clearly an international competition screwing over the Palestinians.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:13 am 

Santa wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Put it this way. For most of those other countries, the debate about weather or not their actions are justified or not, and the morality of their actions is over pretty quickly with almost everyone agreeing. The debate then moves on to the best way to deal with the issues.

But with the Israeli situation we rarely get to that second part. And on those rare occasions where we do the debate usually gets derailed and either returns to the first question or is side tracked into red herrings and whataboutery.

Over the course of 60 years this has led to a lot more frustration than many of the other situations.

I think you're confusing what happens in the UN with public discussion.

You are welcome to think that if you like. But it wouldn't indicate confusion on my part.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 am 

The reason Israel gets treated differently is because they want to be part of the West when it suits them while using an apartheid system to ensure they keep control of both Israel and the nominally "independent" townships that they pretend to give the Palestinians control of.

If they want to be part of the West, then they get judged by western standards and that doesn't include disenfranchising half the population of what was Palestine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Santa wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Put it this way. For most of those other countries, the debate about weather or not their actions are justified or not, and the morality of their actions is over pretty quickly with almost everyone agreeing. The debate then moves on to the best way to deal with the issues.

But with the Israeli situation we rarely get to that second part. And on those rare occasions where we do the debate usually gets derailed and either returns to the first question or is side tracked into red herrings and whataboutery.

Over the course of 60 years this has led to a lot more frustration than many of the other situations.

I think you're confusing what happens in the UN with public discussion.

You are welcome to think that if you like. But it wouldn't indicate confusion on my part.

Lwt me put it this way. I don't think what you've written is an accurate portrayal of what happens in UN debates on these things.

Permanent members of the security council routinely veto resolutions in their own interests and in the interests of their clients. And going by the votes there is often a high level of agreement about israel.

Last edited by Santa on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
The reason Israel gets treated differently is because they want to be part of the West when it suits them while using an apartheid system to ensure they keep control of both Israel and the nominally "independent" townships that they pretend to give the Palestinians control of.

If they want to be part of the West, then they get judged by western standards and that doesn't include disenfranchising half the population of what was Palestine.

Cool. So there are western standards and non-western standards. Are western standards higher than non-western ones?

It would bw odd if the UN votes reflect Israel's inability to meet western standards when moat of the voting nations are non-western. Also, I was under the impression that the UN was about upholding global standards not western ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 am 

Attempting to draw focus onto the UN, other countries etc... is a tried and true tactic when attempting to deflect attention from the Israeli/Palestinian issue, but I'm sure we can break fresh ground here and not simply go over the same old crap yet again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:06 am 

Exactly how much aid does Israel get from America?
Why exactly does America have to bankroll such a modern state?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:25 am 

Lorde should only be allowed to perform at bastions of free speech and human rights like Saudi, Pakistan, Sudan, Egypt etc

Nobody else is standing up for 21st century values quite like them

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 am 

The UN human rights commission is an institutionalised vehicle for attacking Israel.

They have a permanent rapporteur whose job it is to only report on Israel. A phenomenon that does not extend to any other country.

It doesn’t help that the last two appointees were renowend and rabid anti-semites.

Whatever you think of Israel, that commission is simply a vehicle for bashing them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 am 

Ted. wrote:

The problem for almost every group of peoples in the ME is that they are surrounded by enemies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:50 am 

shanky wrote:
The UN human rights commission is an institutionalised vehicle for attacking Israel.

They have a permanent rapporteur whose job it is to only report on Israel. A phenomenon that does not extend to any other country.

It doesn’t help that the last two appointees were renowend and rabid anti-semites.

Whatever you think of Israel, that commission is simply a vehicle for bashing them.

Doesn't the UN have rapporteurs who's job it is to report on other Countries?
Let's be honest the Palestinian territories are a pretty grim place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:55 am 

I must admit I’d never heard of this person before.
I’m assuming all her shows are now all sold out?

If so, we’ll played.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 am 

Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What? Excuse me? She only has the #1 rated album by NME. FFS...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am 

The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What’s NME?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am 

c69 wrote:
shanky wrote:

Not permanently. And the rapporteur in this case is not tasked with reprting on any breaches committed on the Hamas side, only the Israeli ones.

That council is something like 70% comprised of Africa and ME countries. It’s a golden opportunity to get stuck in to the auld enemy.

I note that a few years ago, during the Darfur horrors, the UN Sec Gen himself asked them to focus on that for a bit (rather then Israel). They refused..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am 

Flametop wrote:
The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What’s NME?

Loser...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 am 

The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:
The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What’s NME?

Loser...

;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 am 

Flametop wrote:
The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:
The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What’s NME?

Loser...

;)

;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 am 

shanky wrote:
c69 wrote:
shanky wrote:

Not permanently. And the rapporteur in this case is not tasked with reprting on any breaches committed on the Hamas side, only the Israeli ones.

That council is something like 70% comprised of Africa and ME countries. It’s a golden opportunity to get stuck in to the auld enemy.

I note that a few years ago, during the Darfur horrors, the UN Sec Gen himself asked them to focus on that for a bit (rather then Israel). They refused..

A quick Google gives me different info regarding these permanent positions.
Anyway I don't really give a feck. The whole of the ME is a cess pit of religious fanaticism.
I've lost interest in its politics.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:24 am 

Fair enough.

I’m no Israel apologist but consider how any of us would feel if almost every one of your neighbours refused to recognise your country, a few of them were openly hostile, and at least one had a national doctrine calling for your destruction.

Would you sit back and take that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:25 am 

shanky wrote:
Fair enough.

I’m no Israel apologist but consider how any of us would feel if almost every one of your neighbours refused to recognise your country, a few of them were openly hostile, and at least one had a national doctrine calling for your destruction.

We tend to just laugh at Grievous when he gets carried away like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:28 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
shanky wrote:
Fair enough.

:lol:

Very good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
shanky wrote:
Fair enough.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am 

Flametop wrote:
The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What’s NME?

NearMiddleEast dude, haven't you like, read the thread even?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am 

Flametop wrote:
The Native wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If so, we’ll played.

What’s NME?

It’s a chat room on the dark web.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am 

In a tangentle post just to say i keep seeing this thread title and think it says 'Lester Piggott'.

Must by dyslexic.

KG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm 

The irony is that Israel is the only country in the ME that she would be able to perform a concert in.

Still, her music is awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm 

acenas of the day wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Boycotts helped defeat Apartheid 1.0 and can do the same with it's offspring.

The difference being black south africans didn't stab or shoot white soldiers every week. It's hard to be sympathetic for the palestinians. Also jews are the majority in Israel, it's not minority rule.

Soldiers in general are terrorists. They deserve to be stabbed as they mainly only kill

So because I was conscripted when I lived in a different country, I deserve to be killed?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm 

englishchief wrote:
acenas of the day wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

The difference being black south africans didn't stab or shoot white soldiers every week. It's hard to be sympathetic for the palestinians. Also jews are the majority in Israel, it's not minority rule.

Soldiers in general are terrorists. They deserve to be stabbed as they mainly only kill

So because I was conscripted when I lived in a different country, I deserve to be killed?

Maybe not killed per se, but I’d be pretty OK with someone chopping your fingers off so you couldn’t type on a keyboard any more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm 

shanky wrote:
englishchief wrote:
acenas of the day wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Maybe not killed per se, but I’d be pretty OK with someone chopping your fingers off so you couldn’t type on a keyboard any more.

:lol:

acenas vs The Boss...

apocryphal, man.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:20 pm 

guy smiley wrote:

acenas vs The Boss...

apocryphal, man.

Collision Point face/off!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:10 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
The underlying issue was that Israel waa created by people who simply invaded Palestine and took over.

Lets assume you are correct (I don't but for the sake of argument). Your solution to this issue now is what?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:12 pm 

shanky wrote:
Fair enough.

A bit like that girl at work who is always getting dumped badly. Maybe it's not them. Maybe it's her?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:53 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
shanky wrote:
Fair enough.

A bit like that girl at work who is always getting dumped badly. Maybe it's not them. Maybe it's her?

You do know who those neighbour's are? Iran, Saudi, Egypt etc. Wonderful peaceful democratic countries, definitely don't hate the gays or women

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next