Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 70  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:36 am 

Bowens wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-08-19/no-corn-dogs-in-sight-kamala-harris-scoops-cash-in-the-hamptons

Shots fired.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 am 

It should be pointed out, Bernie is the only major candidate who has taken no political donations form billionairesn at the moment:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomotog ... 0201dc4c15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:08 am 

Bowens wrote:
Bernie about to go live playing softball at the Field of Dreams in Iowa. I hope he talks a ton of shit like it’s a 1940s Brooklyn stickball game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4BN8s9XmWgU

Not gonna lie, I've been watching this for an inning and a half now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 am 

Bern’s ERA is gonna end up higher than Kamala’s conviction count.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 am 

The spirit of Koufax lives on. :thumbup:

edit: Fck me, didn't realize he was still alive. And only 6 years older than Bernie :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:25 am 

fonzeee wrote:
The spirit of Koufax lives on. :thumbup:

edit: Fck me, didn't realize he was still alive. And only 6 years older than Bernie :lol:

Larry King probably calls them both “kid”.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:06 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Yeah, BS and hypocrisy. Yet you jumped right on the Kamel listened to Tupac storm in a Tea cup. So please stop your high horse nonsense.

Another miss-representation of anything you disagree with. As stated I said the perception was and is different to if you listened and if you saw it. Which is perfectly valid.

Quote:

And Bernie only now released his Tax returns not in 2016. And she released 30 years. It all doesn't matter but let's not go acting like Bernie is clean. He wasn't the front runner and got away without the mischaracterization and shit kicking the front runners get. Much like Tully's Anti-gay past and support from white supremacists hasn't gotten examined.

Same old EDF, nothing ever changes.

Bernie release his 2014 tax return in 2016. Once you skip over any chunk of information that doesn't fit your perspective, because it makes a establishment Dem look bad. Likewise none of the undermines the point that the accusations of Tulsi being anti-gay despite being pro gay marriage before her rivals and having a better record on gay rights than almost all of them in power is BS when you can only pick out how she was misguided as a child. That's obviously stretching DT. Scraping the barrel.

Dude , he released one year in 2016 while his opponent released 30. I didn't skip over it, I point out that by releasing know he only did 10 years and avoided 2005-2008. Why did he do that? And again HRC released 30. And speaking of utterly unfair, despite not releasing his, he looked over hers and attacked her Goldman Sachs speech money making. But you cry for Tulsi! You werent saying utterly unfair in 2016?!? This is what I mean. When it was HRC and she wasn't a progressive wet dream, any allegation was ok. But Tulsi is so now you wanna call things unfair.

I don't care nor do I believe Tulsi is anti-gay. I am just pointing out a chink in her armor that hasn't been attacked because she is a nobody. But better believe when she becomes worth the trouble, her OPPO research will carry that and she will have some explaining to do. The Press only attacks the front runners because they like to keep the race close. It is just amazing to see what you decide to declare as utterly unfair.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:17 am 

https://amp.axios.com/klobuchar-most-pr ... ssion=true

Tulsi missed a quarter of the votes and has the least votes sponsored. Bernie has missed 40 percent and has 4 least and considering he has been in Congress longer than almost all the others it points to the fact that he is a dreamer not a doer.

klobaucher, Harris and Booker lead the way. With Warren being 4th.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:10 am 

Elizabeth Warren was bitten by a mosquito and is now 0% Native Indian.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1163476524713910273?s=20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:32 pm 

The anointing of Liz Warren is stuttering a bit with 3 of this weeks 4 polls showing Bernie ahead of her.
And he’s the front runner in Colorado :shock:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... ion_polls/

Also, Tulsi hits her 2% in two of them.

Media: “Nothing to see here.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:08 pm 

Ewinkum wrote:
The anointing of Liz Warren is stuttering a bit with 3 of this weeks 4 polls showing Bernie ahead of her.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... ion_polls/

Also, Tulsi hits her 2% in two of them.

Media: “Nothing to see here.”

So...... within the MOE? What's interesting there is Buttigieg seems a failry solid 5th and Harri's numbers plummeting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:10 pm 

Ewinkum wrote:

It’s a pretty young state so not that surprising. He’s the top candidate with people under 35 (without looking it up I actually want to say even under 50) of all races. Especially strong with young Hispanic voters which might be why he has polled better than expected in Texas.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Ewinkum wrote:

It’s a pretty young state so not that surprising. He’s the top candidate with people under 35 (without looking it up I actually want to say even under 50) of all races. Especially strong with young Hispanic voters which might be why he has polled better than expected in Texas.

It's interesting as Bernie and Warren who probably have the most in common of the candidates have very different bases according to studies, Warren older, university educated and whiter, Sanders more working class, more black and younger. As I said before I think they might make a complimentary ticket.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:22 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Ewinkum wrote:

It's interesting as Bernie and Warren who probably have the most in common of the candidates have very different bases according to studies, Warren older, university educated and whiter, Sanders more working class, more black and younger. As I said before I think they might make a complimentary ticket.

I think they are too similar to split the ticket, but the differences in their bases is interesting, and good news for Sanders.
Warren’s university educated older supporters are much more likely to follow politics and have a fairly solid opinion about their candidate even at this stage.
Bernie’s base are far more numerous, and less likely to give much of a shit about the primaries until it’s all kicking off in their state.
That would suggest that Warren is far closer to her ceiling than The Bern is to his.

Liz can count on the oldies actually turning up to vote, but no one rallies the kiddiwinks like Bernie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:52 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:51 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Ewinkum wrote:

Anyway else notice the media isn't pshing that line about the white Bernie bro this time around?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:

It boggles the mind sometimes reading about the US healthcare system.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:29 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Quote:
Economist/YouGov Poll changes in just one week:

BIDEN: down 2
BERNIE: up 3

Great news for Biden.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SilERabbit/s ... 8557731840

:lol:

Bernie up 3 more points in one week. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Quote:

Great news for Biden.

Was just about to post that. Good stuff from the Bern. It would be interesting to try and measure how many Repubs, Independents have changed their minds about him after the Rogan interview. I think it was a game changer judging by the comments in the video.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:49 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Quote:

Great news for Biden.

Was just about to post that. Good stuff from the Bern. It would be interesting to try and measure how many Repubs, Independents have changed their minds about him after the Rogan interview. I think it was a game changer judging by the comments in the video.

:nod:
Brilliant tactical move by Kyle Kulinski to facilitate that. Fascinating to think how it will pan out in the long run.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:00 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Ewinkum wrote:

Anyway else notice the media isn't pshing that line about the white Bernie bro this time around?

It was always bollocks as this article shows.
Even more so this time around.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/08/bernie-s ... y-pew-poll

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 am 

A nice dissection of recent polls with plenty of graphs and charts and the like.
What more do you want?

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... ratic.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:05 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:45 am 

Hong Kong
:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:33 pm 

Ewinkum wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Ewinkum wrote:

It was always bollocks as this article shows.
Even more so this time around.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/08/bernie-s ... y-pew-poll

Again, you might want to try living here and seeing how loud and in your face they were and still are. It is why he won caucuses but lost actually elections. Most older people ain't got time for all of that. Always look at the Oregon (or may it was Washington) Either way, the state has a caucus and that gets the points but the also hold a vote. Bernie won the caucus but lost the vote.

Also did well in very white states but crap in blacker ones. That also factors into it. It may not be talked about yet because this time there are so many contenders and he is not the front-runner again. Let this thing whittle to 4 or so and it will be an issue again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:01 pm 

DT arguing that black is white.
Service as usual.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PpollingNumb ... ratic.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:55 pm 

This should absolutely happen. I hope every Dem candidate supports it, especially Warren being from Oklahoma.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/0 ... egate.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:48 pm 

Bowens wrote:
This should absolutely happen. I hope every Dem candidate supports it, especially Warren being from Oklahoma.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/0 ... egate.html

Headline looks good, but I can’t read the rest. I’ve reached my limit.
Copy and paste?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:06 pm 

Quote:
Country's Largest Tribal Nation Seeks Congressional Delegate

By The Associated Press
Aug. 16, 2019

OKLAHOMA CITY — The newly elected chief of the Oklahoma-based Cherokee Nation plans to appoint the tribe's first-ever delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives, which is outlined in a nearly 200-year-old treaty with the federal government.

In a letter Thursday to the speaker of the Cherokee Nation Tribal Council, Principal Chief Chuck Hoskin Jr. requested a special meeting of the council later this month to consider confirming Kimberly Teehee, a former adviser to President Barack Obama, to the position. The Associated Press obtained a copy of the letter on Friday.

Hoskin, the tribe's former secretary of state, was elected leader of the 370,000-citizen tribe, the country's largest, in June with almost 58% of the vote.

In a statement released by the tribe, Hoskin said the Cherokee Nation's right to a congressional delegate was reaffirmed by two separate treaties with the federal government and reflected in the tribe's constitution. He also said it was important now because native issues "continue to rise to the forefront of the national dialogue."

"At Cherokee Nation, we are exercising our treaty rights and strengthening our sovereignty," Hoskin said. "The announcement next week is simply the first step in a long process, having a Cherokee Nation citizen seated as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. We are eager to work with our congressional delegation from Oklahoma to move this historic appointment forward."

The U.S. Supreme Court is currently considering a tribal sovereignty case that could radically redefine criminal jurisdiction in Oklahoma, and the issue has been at the forefront of protests by indigenous people over the location of a pipeline in the Dakotas and a telescope in Hawaii.

A citizen of the Cherokee Nation, Teehee was tapped by Obama in 2009 as a senior policy adviser for Native American Affairs. She currently is the tribe's vice president of government relations.

The tribe's right to a delegate is outlined in the Treaty of New Echota signed in 1835, which provided the legal basis for the forced removal of the Cherokee Nation from its ancestral homelands east of the Mississippi River and led to the Trail of Tears, but it has never been exercised.

It's not clear what steps Congress might take to accommodate a Cherokee Nation delegate, but it's likely they would be a non-voting member, similar to those from American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Washington D.C., said Ezra Rosser, an expert in tribal law and a professor at American University's College of Law.

The tribe's attempt could also face a legal challenge and end up in court, Rosser added.

"I'm excited they're trying it," said Rosser, who wrote a legal paper on the issue in 2005. "Even if it doesn't go anywhere, non-Indians should be forced to face up to what we did and I think this is a tool that could be used to challenge not only our understanding of democracy, but also our understanding of history. So I think it's great."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:14 pm 

That’s a positive move alright.
I’m not sure how involved US natives are in the political process generally. Probably not very, if Canada is any sort of barometer.
Here they are quite political, but indirectly, running their own political bodies and exerting pressure on the federal government through those.
They don’t tend to vote much in elections, as that would be like recognizing the authority of a government which they generally reject as illegitimate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:20 pm 

Here we go...

Quote:
Monmouth poll: Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren in three-way lead for Democratic bid
Grace Sparks byline

(CNN)Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former Vice President Joe Biden top the Democratic field for president in 2020, with no clear leader, according to a Monmouth University poll released Monday.
The three candidates are bunched together, each receiving about the same amount of support (Sanders 20%, Warren 20% and Biden 19%) from registered Democrats and Democratic-leaning independent voters.
They're followed by California Sen. Kamala Harris (8%), New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (4%), South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg (4%), businessman Andrew Yang (3%), former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro (2%), former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (2%) and author Marianne Williamson (2%). All other candidates received 1% or less in the poll.

Since Monmouth's June poll, Sanders and Warren have gained slightly (up 6 and 5 percentage points), while Biden has lost significant support (down 13 points).
A CNN poll conducted by SSRS, out last week, found Biden with 29% support, while Sanders and Warren were lower (15% and 14%, respectively).

Full story: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/26/poli ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:05 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Quote:
Country's Largest Tribal Nation Seeks Congressional Delegate

By The Associated Press
Aug. 16, 2019

OKLAHOMA CITY — The newly elected chief of the Oklahoma-based Cherokee Nation plans to appoint the tribe's first-ever delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives, which is outlined in a nearly 200-year-old treaty with the federal government.

In a letter Thursday to the speaker of the Cherokee Nation Tribal Council, Principal Chief Chuck Hoskin Jr. requested a special meeting of the council later this month to consider confirming Kimberly Teehee, a former adviser to President Barack Obama, to the position. The Associated Press obtained a copy of the letter on Friday.

Hoskin, the tribe's former secretary of state, was elected leader of the 370,000-citizen tribe, the country's largest, in June with almost 58% of the vote.

In a statement released by the tribe, Hoskin said the Cherokee Nation's right to a congressional delegate was reaffirmed by two separate treaties with the federal government and reflected in the tribe's constitution. He also said it was important now because native issues "continue to rise to the forefront of the national dialogue."

"At Cherokee Nation, we are exercising our treaty rights and strengthening our sovereignty," Hoskin said. "The announcement next week is simply the first step in a long process, having a Cherokee Nation citizen seated as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. We are eager to work with our congressional delegation from Oklahoma to move this historic appointment forward."

The U.S. Supreme Court is currently considering a tribal sovereignty case that could radically redefine criminal jurisdiction in Oklahoma, and the issue has been at the forefront of protests by indigenous people over the location of a pipeline in the Dakotas and a telescope in Hawaii.

A citizen of the Cherokee Nation, Teehee was tapped by Obama in 2009 as a senior policy adviser for Native American Affairs. She currently is the tribe's vice president of government relations.

The tribe's right to a delegate is outlined in the Treaty of New Echota signed in 1835, which provided the legal basis for the forced removal of the Cherokee Nation from its ancestral homelands east of the Mississippi River and led to the Trail of Tears, but it has never been exercised.

It's not clear what steps Congress might take to accommodate a Cherokee Nation delegate, but it's likely they would be a non-voting member, similar to those from American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Washington D.C., said Ezra Rosser, an expert in tribal law and a professor at American University's College of Law.

The tribe's attempt could also face a legal challenge and end up in court, Rosser added.

"I'm excited they're trying it," said Rosser, who wrote a legal paper on the issue in 2005. "Even if it doesn't go anywhere, non-Indians should be forced to face up to what we did and I think this is a tool that could be used to challenge not only our understanding of democracy, but also our understanding of history. So I think it's great."

There's a double voting issue here. You can't vote for your normal representative of Congress AND your Cherokee Nation delegate for the same reason you can't vote for your delegate in the District of Columbia and your representative to your home state if you have a residence in both. You have to choose to be part of one or the other. So under how current election law works, you'd be taking Cherokee Nation voters and making them not able to vote in elections where they live (municipal, state legislature, governor, federal Senators and representatives).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Here we go...

Quote:
Monmouth poll: Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren in three-way lead for Democratic bid
Grace Sparks byline

(CNN)Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former Vice President Joe Biden top the Democratic field for president in 2020, with no clear leader, according to a Monmouth University poll released Monday.
The three candidates are bunched together, each receiving about the same amount of support (Sanders 20%, Warren 20% and Biden 19%) from registered Democrats and Democratic-leaning independent voters.
They're followed by California Sen. Kamala Harris (8%), New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (4%), South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg (4%), businessman Andrew Yang (3%), former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro (2%), former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (2%) and author Marianne Williamson (2%). All other candidates received 1% or less in the poll.

Since Monmouth's June poll, Sanders and Warren have gained slightly (up 6 and 5 percentage points), while Biden has lost significant support (down 13 points).
A CNN poll conducted by SSRS, out last week, found Biden with 29% support, while Sanders and Warren were lower (15% and 14%, respectively).

Full story: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/26/poli ... index.html

That's 40% for Warren-Sanders ticket. At any point, one of them could drop out and join the other as the vice president and its game over. Although, both of them are angry stubborn old people so I don't think they'll make it easier for themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:44 pm 

Evan Kamala's fawning establishment fanbase are admitting she isn't a serious contender for President now. Of course it's presented that her flaky political stances, false behaviour and her past actions that are hugely contradictory to her supposed politics are somehow assets so good that is what pushed her out of realistically getting the Dem nomination.

Quote:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ka ... 76836.html

This is the week when Kamala Harris stopped being a serious contender for president
With her latest unfortunate pivot, Harris consigned herself to the political graveyard

Louis Staples
3 days ago

Earlier this week, Vermont senator Bernie Sanders sent out a tweet. It certainly isn’t unusual for presidential candidates (or, as we know too well, sitting presidents) to use Twitter, but this particular tweet stood out. It read: “I don’t go to the Hamptons to raise money from billionaires. If I ever visited there, I would tell them the same thing I have said for the last 30 years: We must pass a Medicare for All system to guarantee affordable health care for all, not just for those who can afford it.”

Sanders was taking a thinly-veiled swipe at his opponent senator Kamala Harris. The previous weekend, Harris had attended a fundraiser in the Hamptons, an exclusive seaside area in New York state known for NYC resident getaways. Speaking at the event, in front of a crowd of uber-wealthy potential donors, Harris reaffirmed her belief in “capitalism”. She also reportedly told donors that she has “not been comfortable” with the Medicare-for-All proposal pushed by Sanders.

Reports of Harris’s rebuke of the Sanders healthcare plan soon spread online. People reminded her that she herself co-sponsored the plan just two years ago. In 2017, she said of the plan that “this is about understanding, again, that healthcare should be a right, not a privilege. And it’s also about being smart […] It also makes sense from a fiscal standpoint, or if you want to talk about it as a return on investment for taxpayers.” A press release from April this year reiterated that sentiment.

While arguments over the rights and wrongs of each candidate’s healthcare policy continue, Harris’s healthcare pivot sticks out as a big political misstep. Scrolling through Twitter, her apparent backtrack drew criticism from across the political spectrum. Supporters of Sanders, but also Trump’s 2020 campaign director and the Republican Party’s communications director, fumed at the California senator’s U-turn.

But was it really a U-turn? Disagreements over healthcare have been building between Harris and Sanders for weeks. Sanders was critical of Harris’s healthcare plan – which leaves more space for private insurers and takes 10 years longer to implement – when it was released last month. In July his campaign manager, Faiz Shakir, said: “Call it anything you want, but you can’t call this plan Medicare-for-All. Folding to the interests of the health insurance industry is both bad policy and bad politics.”

The accusation of “bad politics” is both true and untrue. In fact, Harris’s problem is that she is often too good at reading the political mood and pivoting her policy accordingly. Her 2017 support of Sanders’s plan was welcomed as a shrewd reading of the Democratic Party’s mood on healthcare, boosting her progressive credentials ahead of a possible White House run. We saw this astute nature again when she came out swinging for Joe Biden in the first televised debate, positioning herself as the perfect person to take him on. And again when she positioned gun control as a central part of her campaign early on, long before her opponents jumped into action in the wake of last month’s horrific shootings in El Paso and Drayton. This focus on public safety is not only popular, but highlights the positives of her prosecutor background.

Yet Harris has discovered the hard way that she is never going to win over enough voters on the left of the Democratic Party to become Biden’s main challenger. Voters on the left are uneasy about her background as a prosecutor. Her past stances on the death penalty, marijuana offences and the detention of children – combined with her history of jailing parents whose children missed school – have come under particular scrutiny.

This gap in Harris’s defences was brutally exploited by fellow Democrat Tulsi Gabbard during the second televised Democrat debate. Gabbard attacked Harris’s record as a prosecutor with such vigour that she ended up essentially assassinating her character live on air. It was the stand-out moment of both debates and Harris struggled to respond convincingly.

Now, using that same political intuition she’s always had, Harris is reacting by attempting to re-steer her campaign. She’s pivoting back to the centre, hoping that if former vice president Biden continues to misstep, she may become the centrist candidate of choice. If chosen, she’d likely face off against Warren or Sanders, who will represent the more progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

The problem with this strategy is it doesn’t have the faintest chance of happening. While it does make sense that Harris would eventually pivot towards the centre after receiving little joy from the left of her party, this race has always been about who will face Biden. His final opponent will be the person offering a sufficiently radical and different vision from his.

In other words, Kamala Harris has just consigned herself to the political graveyard.

The trouble with Harris’s talent of sensing the political mood and adjusting her standpoint accordingly is that, over time, this can have a detrimental effect on a politicians’ perceived trustworthiness. While navigating her many policy pivots, Harris has missed the fact that the biggest question mark lingering over her is her character. What does she actually believe? Can she be trusted?

Harris has now pivoted herself into a corner. Unless a major scandal engulfs the Biden campaign, she doesn’t have much chance of reaching the final two in the race to become Trump’s 2020 opponent.

If Sanders’s tweet is anything to go by, he and Elizabeth Warren will be lining up to highlight Harris’s inconsistences at the next televised debate in September. Those polling above her will want to put some distance between the top three and the rest of the field, while those polling below Harris will see her as a target. The vultures are preparing to circle.

If this week showed us one thing, it’s that Kamala Harris won’t be America’s next president – but I’m still excited to see where she pivots next.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:36 pm 

Her fawning establishment fanbase writes in the editorial section of a British newspaper?

Think talk of her political death is premature. She's a Senator from California, which moved its primary up earlier. She has the hometown advantage there. Plus, someone is going to take the black vote. I don't think everyone is deadest on Biden yet unless Obama has given some silent order that's been kept secret.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:06 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Her fawning establishment fanbase writes in the editorial section of a British newspaper?

Both the Independent and Guardian are very pro-Dem establishment. In one of my wikileaks links a week or two back Journalists who have written for the Guardian/Independent where quoted as to be on anti-Bernie the spin stories Hilary's team wanted for example.

Quote:

Think talk of her political death is premature. She's a Senator from California, which moved its primary up earlier. She has the hometown advantage there. Plus, someone is going to take the black vote. I don't think everyone is deadest on Biden yet unless Obama has given some silent order that's been kept secret.

Polls so far have shown Harris is struggling with the black vote. Just 7 percent are backing Harris. All the other major candidates have way more, especially Biden, though Bernie is catching up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm 

Elizabeth is leading Bernie in today’s two polls by -9 and -5 respectively.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:51 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

Both the Independent and Guardian are very pro-Dem establishment.

Well good for them, but kind of irrelevant to a section of Americans selecting their best candidate.

Quote:
Quote:

Polls so far have shown Harris is struggling with the black vote. Just 7 percent are backing Harris. All the other major candidates have way more, especially Biden, though Bernie is catching up.

I thought one of the things we learned from the last election was polls are incredibly untrustworthy nowadays.

If that's the case with what the polls are saying re the black vote, okay, but based on history I just won't buy it until I see actual votes being tabulated or more evidence. Blacks going from incredibly antagonistic to Sanders in the 2016 primaries to increasingly backing him above and beyond the couple black candidates in the race? That's a stretch for me. Sharpton in his gadfly soundbite-a-minute campaign in 2004 got 10% of the black vote some primaries. Harris and Booker are way more serious candidacies than Sharpton.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:21 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

Both the Independent and Guardian are very pro-Dem establishment.

Well good for them, but kind of irrelevant to a section of Americans selecting their best candidate.[/quoe]

They are papers who have American branches and are read by Americans. The Guardian even won a pulitzer prize in the US. The internet doesn't do strict country media anymore. Hence why the likes of Bernie Sanders have written articles for the Guardian, which are still aimed for Americans.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I thought one of the things we learned from the last election was polls are incredibly untrustworthy nowadays.

I agree, but that is understood as inaccurate as opposed to being fiction. If the polls say 7% then the error isn't 43+ percent off.

Quote:

If that's the case with what the polls are saying re the black vote, okay, but based on history I just won't buy it until I see actual votes being tabulated or more evidence. Blacks going from incredibly antagonistic to Sanders in the 2016 primaries to increasingly backing him above and beyond the couple black candidates in the race? That's a stretch for me. Sharpton in his gadfly soundbite-a-minute campaign in 2004 got 10% of the black vote some primaries. Harris and Booker are way more serious candidacies than Sharpton.

I's not much different to Blacks being overwhelmingly anti-Clinton in 2008 (obviously due to Obama) to overwhelmingly pro-Clinton in 2016 (I think largely due to her husband).

Yeah a fair few media commentators have been surprised themselves about this but polling has been consistent. Speculation has been due to a number of reasons from, the fact we've had a black president so it's no longer a historical or important thing, to her record jailing what is seen to be blacks due to pot, crime and children missing school, even if that's an unfair angle for what her job was. She is also seen as very establishment and seen as not having any particular policy that stands out.

As for Bernie gaining black votes, well, he's also someone who the more you see his history the more he seems the real deal, has a long history of civil rights support and as I said his policies are now ever more popular and he has campaigned on them for as long as anybody can remember.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm 

Ewinkum wrote:
Elizabeth is leading Bernie in today’s two polls by -9 and -5 respectively.

Whata re those two polls?

I usually look at Wiki's list as it presents them in an easy to read and compare format and those polls haven't made it there yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwid ... al_polling

It's still Biden's to lose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 70  Next