Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 71  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:57 am 

Tulsi Gabbard certainly comes over very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkh57R3IoM

I love the bit just after 7 minutes after she pointed out SUepr Delegates had pick Hilary often before voting counts where in, that supporters of the Super Delegates system supported it because they believe it is their job to save the country from someone who isn't good :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
NYT writer goes on Rogan and calls Tulsi Gabbard an “Assad toady.” When asked, she can’t define the word, spell the word :lol: or support her claim. Joe did a good job of politely telling her she was full of shit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpurFfcSNfU&t=1m39s

Consdering Bari Weiss has been labelled and slagged off for her views being regarded as vile to leftists and called alt right etc, I'm amazed she is slagging off others, as an editor of a major newspaper using words she immediately admits afterwards she doesn't know the meaning of sums up the shiteness of the press right now.

Yep. Obviously just repeating things she heard from someone else. Glenn Greenwald nails it here:

Quote:
I noted this before but this clip should be watched in every journalism school. It's so illuminating of how so many media elites reason. Bari just asserts things & believes them to be true for only one reason: other media elites have said it. That's enough for her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:29 am 

Saint wrote:
In terms of Europe - on the whole, most US intervention gets denounced over here and generally a US withdrawal would be seen as a positive thing, There's a reason the EU is pushing for it's own military position already, ignoring how toothless it actually might be. The EU army , such as it might be, is effectively a defensive outfit with projection capability being provided purely by the French and British (assuming we stay in) There is little to no desire in the EU to try and project force beyond the South Med (which historically has been perceived to be in the purview of the Med countries anyway)

The Europeans failed at projecting force in the South Med not that long ago. In fact, they called on the Americans to come take care of it for them.

Until they actually DO, it's all a bunch of talk. And that's not me talking, that is a bunch of non-American, non-European military officers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:05 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
NYT writer goes on Rogan and calls Tulsi Gabbard an “Assad toady.” When asked, she can’t define the word, spell the word :lol: or support her claim. Joe did a good job of politely telling her she was full of shit.

Consdering Bari Weiss has been labelled and slagged off for her views being regarded as vile to leftists and called alt right etc, I'm amazed she is slagging off others, as an editor of a major newspaper using words she immediately admits afterwards she doesn't know the meaning of sums up the shiteness of the press right now.

In fairness she used.it correctly and there is prima facia evidence in Tulsi contact with Assad.

As a Hindu it is not hard to see what Assad attraction would be to Tulsi and why she would have a reasonable empathy with a leader touting himself as a bulwark against Islamic fundamentalism and protecting religious pluralism.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:18 am 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Saint wrote:
The US public has broadly been against all invasions largely because they can turn into protracted wars since Iraq, they were much more thirsty before then. Even Obama's foreign intervention with drones was unpopular and any mention of a Syrian invasion only created a big backlash with the public so Obama had to scrap it despite multiple attempts.I think it's fair the US pupil have finally had enough of wars and want no involvement in them.

Being around Americans every day, I can tell you, your wrong. Not that you will believe me. The liberal elites as you like to call them when they are not supporting your ideology do have a problem with wars and the cost of the military. However, most Americans are about winnable wars. After Afghanistan and Iraq, Syria was a no-go because people don't feel like they can win in the middle east. However it is a quick and dirty but successful war they are all for that. Americans are like sport fans when it comes to military conflicts, they like to sing when their winning. If it is gonna be a protracted matter then they are out but something like Iraq War, that has all the key aspects of the US being the good guys and moral authority? They would quickly eat that up.

There's more nuance involved than that.

Either you believe the United States can be isolationist toward the world or be more inventionist. Trump's effectively isolationist, Bernie Sanders and some liberal elites are as well. The world's a small place nowadays and isolationism was shown to not work well in the 1930s after our politicians' misreading of World War I was "we don't need to involve ourselves in European affairs". You can't on one hand argue we don't care about the military affairs or what certain leaders or dictators do around the world, and then on the other try to push for example international treaty-level climate change legislation (this is the flaw of modern-day European foreign affairs in a nutshell). Those are diametrically opposing viewpoints. You also actually need muscle to support your diplomacy. Britain railed against Robert Mugabe for years and years. Had no effect. At the end of the day, it was the Chinese that agreed to him being ousted from power. So the real soft power there was China.

I think most agree then some level of interventionism into world affairs is necessary. If we're going to be interventionist, well, what the hell do we stand for? Obama effectively took the mantle riding on a more isolationist platform, then Syria begins and that effectively shamed the viewpoint he ran on in 2008 and go 50 years into the future, it's going to be a major negative on his presidency as Iraq was for George W. Bush. The Obama administration's flaw was they tried to push for a vision of the world where war crimes were punished but no one wanted to be responsible for "arresting" Assad. Then the Russians got involved and showed hard power trumps soft power every time. The U.S. actually did "arrest" Ghaddafi - overthrow him power - simply because the Europeans were weak castrated dogs that were incapable of doing anything and Sarkozy manipulated Obama into doing it.

If you do intervention just for humanitarian concerns, that's a lot of military required to do just that. Gates who was the Secretary of Defense for Bush and Obama, talked in his biography "Duty" about people in the Obama administration like the Ambassador to the UN, (Irish-born) Samantha Power who wanted the U.S. military to be world cop on purely humanitarian grounds, for example, what's going in Yemen now. Gates said how people like Power had no grasp on how their views would completely change the military, increasing its size, increasing deployments, putting them in the middle of even more conflicts.

Great post. Obama really put us(Non nato Eastern Europe) in a shitty position with Russia. I don't know if he sacrificed us knowing the possible outcome or he actually believed that "cold war is over" nonsense. Every Eastern European government was warning about the shitstorm if they kept softening the stance. I still don't know; was he following Merkel and Sarkozy in their agenda or was it vice versa? France and Germany have a lot to lose so they'd rather throw Ukraine, Georiga and Moldova under the bus than sacrifice Russian partnership.

As for nominees, I like Tulsi. I don't know what to make of her AssAd thing. I listened to her talk on JRE and she seems pretty sensible so far. Also that Bari Weiss person is cringeworthy.

Last edited by FullbackAce on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 am 

waguser wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:

In fairness she used.it correctly and there is prima facia evidence in Tulsi contact with Assad.

Regardless if Tulsi had been in contact with Assad, she didn't even know what the word means.

Quote:
As a Hindu it is not hard to see what Assad attraction would be to Tulsi and why she would have a reasonable empathy with a leader touting himself as a bulwark against Islamic fundamentalism and protecting religious pluralism.

Indeed. There is also plenty of legitimate questions about why the US/west were so keen to support the rebels in Syria when there hasn't been a point they haven't shown themselves up as very nasty and evil groups like ISIS or connected and funded by such nasty connections almost certainly Saudi funded and CIA helped. I always claimed it was going to be a disaster not to support the most stabilizing force even if it was Assad and was proven right. Sadly the Obama foreign policy was to keep following the Bush one but try to do it with Saudi funded psycho-groups rather than your own soldiers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 am 

FullbackAce wrote:

As for nominees, I like Tulsi. I don't know what to make of her AssAd thing. I listened to her talk on JRE and she seems pretty sensible so far. Also that Bari Weiss person is cringeworthy.

It's not Bari Weiss' first faux par as she tries to shove her politics down throats. At the winter Olympics she tweeted how after Mirai Nagasu won gold Immigrants get the job done, ignoring she was born in the USA and it was pretty bigoted of her to assume she wasn't. Facts are optional. The Weiss goes on and on about how she's unfairly judged by SJWs and victimized by them herself. Them doing exactly what Weiss does herself. She is typical of what the modern problem is with the toxic left.

I was just seeing the news about the boy with the MAGA hat and the Native American and how the USA media reacted and reported it without one tiny check-up for any more evidence. F#ck me the MSM then complains people have problems believing them FFS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:42 am 

Bowens wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Yep. Obviously just repeating things she heard from someone else. Glenn Greenwald nails it here:

Quote:
I noted this before but this clip should be watched in every journalism school. It's so illuminating of how so many media elites reason. Bari just asserts things & believes them to be true for only one reason: other media elites have said it. That's enough for her.

Perfect describes her. Glenn Greenwald called it the moment she was appointed. She was hired by the NYTs for this exact find of clickbait bullshit anti-news that dominates the media:

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/31/nyt ... diversity/

However, then he gets it badly wrong on her criticism of the women's march which has turned out to be run by very bigoted, racist, anti-Israel and proud of it. Greenwald has his own biases he ignores the facts on, anti-Israel sentimentand anti-semitism is one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 am 

For balance Bari Weiss is more on point here about the woke left and cultural relativism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLq6qMN5s6c

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:55 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:

It's not Bari Weiss' first faux par as she tries to shove her politics down throats. At the winter Olympics she tweeted how after Mirai Nagasu won gold Immigrants get the job done, ignoring she was born in the USA and it was pretty bigoted of her to assume she wasn't. Facts are optional. The Weiss goes on and on about how she's unfairly judged by SJWs and victimized by them herself. Them doing exactly what Weiss does herself. She is typical of what the modern problem is with the toxic left.

I was just seeing the news about the boy with the MAGA hat and the Native American and how the USA media reacted and reported it without one tiny check-up for any more evidence. F#ck me the MSM then complains people have problems believing them FFS!

I think you’re overplaying it a bit in your first par. Weiss did tweet something along the lines of “Immigrants - they get the job done” but she simply made a mistake in thinking the girl was an immigrant and she was referring to a line from Hamilton. So in fact she was trying to appear woke, but because the regressive Left hates her she was thrown to the wolves for being racist and assuming someone non-white couldn’t be a true American or whatever shit they like to spout. From what I could see it was a genuine error.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Quote:

Perfect describes her. Glenn Greenwald called it the moment she was appointed. She was hired by the NYTs for this exact find of clickbait bullshit anti-news that dominates the media:

Know your own I suppose.

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1087175060211810304

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 am 

Man In Black wrote:

I think you’re overplaying it a bit in your first par. Weiss did tweet something along the lines of “Immigrants - they get the job done” but she simply made a mistake in thinking the girl was an immigrant and she was referring to a line from Hamilton. So in fact she was trying to appear woke, but because the regressive Left hates her she was thrown to the wolves for being racist and assuming someone non-white couldn’t be a true American or whatever shit they like to spout. From what I could see it was a genuine error.

None of that absolves her lazy journalism. Which was the point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:02 am 

paddyor wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Quote:

Know your own I suppose.

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1087175060211810304

Hence my own criticisms of Greenwald's biases and how he'll get it badly wrong at times as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 am 

Kamala Harris is toxic imho. She comes across as a total asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm 

I see Trevor Noah was giving Gillibrand some stick over previous positions which were similar to Trump’s, will be some entertaining spectacles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
I see Trevor Noah was giving Gillibrand some stick over previous positions which were similar to Trump’s, will be some entertaining spectacles.

That's basically every politician...some more than other though, sure. It's the sards syndrome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:52 pm 

WTF is a furry?

Beto's out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 pm 

paddyor wrote:
WTF is a furry?

Beto's out.

Just google beto o'rourke furry :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:25 am 

eldanielfire wrote:

I love the bit just after 7 minutes after she pointed out SUepr Delegates had pick Hilary often before voting counts where in, that supporters of the Super Delegates system supported it because they believe it is their job to save the country from someone who isn't good :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that super delegates stuff has been debunked. It is more speaking to Bernie people who want to believe it was someone else's fault Bernie forgot the were other legs to the Dem party stool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:27 am 

DT, who would you like see run for the Dems next year? Biden? Booker? Someone else?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 am 

Everybody running is gonna have to explain why the evolved and make it genuine. If you did it for political expediency, you have to have a damn good reason.

If you look at Biden's explanation of the 94 crime bill that created the crack-cocaine discrepancy, It was simple and believable. He blamed the information and data they were working off of. And acknowledged it was a mistake.

flaggETERNAL wrote:
DT, who would you like see run for the Dems next year? Biden? Booker? Someone else?

I would hope it is Biden. What I have seen from this nation these last 3 years doesn't give me hope that a woman can win or a person of color. So I am a bit worried that he hasn't declared yet. If he hasn't, I would go with Sherrod Brown. He has remained progressive despite Ohio turning blood red. His problem is he is not an electric speaker but he has good ideas that should come over well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 am 

Deadtigers wrote:
Everybody running is gonna have to explain why the evolved and make it genuine. If you did it for political expediency, you have to have a damn good reason.

If you look at Biden's explanation of the 94 crime bill that created the crack-cocaine discrepancy, It was simple and believable. He blamed the information and data they were working off of. And acknowledged it was a mistake.

flaggETERNAL wrote:

I would hope it is Biden. What I have seen from this nation these last 3 years doesn't give me hope that a woman can win or a person of color. So I am a bit worried that he hasn't declared yet. If he hasn't, I would go with Sherrod Brown. He has remained progressive despite Ohio turning blood red. His problem is he is not an electric speaker but he has good ideas that should come over well.

I'd love to see Tulsi vs Trump debates though. A veteran vs the guy with the bone spurs. The thing is, if Florida goes republican again(which it likely will)It'll be an uphill battle for any dem.. What the hell is wrong with those guys I'll never know. Not that dems are worth supporting much, but GoP is flying over the cuckoos nest these days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:54 am 

FullbackAce wrote:
I'd love to see Tulsi vs Trump debates though. A veteran vs the guy with the bone spurs. The thing is, if Florida goes republican again(which it likely will)It'll be an uphill battle for any dem.. What the hell is wrong with those guys I'll never know. Not that dems are worth supporting much, but GoP is flying over the cuckoos nest these days.

Tammy Duckworth would provide some interesting visuals in a debate Vs Cadet Bonespurs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 am 

over 1 million former convicts had their voting rights restored this november in florida

in a close race, that could flip it for democrats

https://www.vox.com/midterm-elections/2 ... nor-senate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:12 am 

Quote:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/01/heres-video-of-beto-orourke-singing-blitzkrieg-bop-in-a-sheep-mask-and-a-onesie/

He played in a punk band. They akso had a spoof band calledbthe sheep. They dressed up as sheep and pretended to ba a famous new zealand punk band.

I have to say I like the guy more

I

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:34 am 

etherman wrote:
Kamala Harris is toxic imho. She comes across as a total asshole.

That's a strong call. Any specific reason?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 am 

waguser wrote:
Quote:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/01/heres-video-of-beto-orourke-singing-blitzkrieg-bop-in-a-sheep-mask-and-a-onesie/

He played in a punk band. They akso had a spoof band calledbthe sheep. They dressed up as sheep and pretended to ba a famous new zealand punk band.

I have to say I like the guy more

First AOC dances while in College, and now this?

How are they ever going to win the election for the Mayor of the town in Footloose at this rate?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:05 am 

The furry/punk bad stuff from O'Roarke is meh, but his myspace like musings in recent weeks are actually bad for his prospects.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 am 

Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

But that super delegates stuff has been debunked. It is more speaking to Bernie people who want to believe it was someone else's fault Bernie forgot the were other legs to the Dem party stool.

No one has claimed Bernie lost purely on SD numbers.

The Super delegate system doesn't have to be what separates a candidate from the win in pure numbers. The Super delegate systems most potent effect is to create momentum for one party approved candidate and remove the credibility of another's possible win. Or in Clinton's case where she can ask the DNP to hire who she wants to suit. Regardless it's an awful and corrupt system. Even the media that formerly apposed Bernie and supported Hilary have been critical of the whole system and the party has seen it needs to reform.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

The Super delegate system doesn't have to be what separates a candidate from the win in pure numbers. The Super delegate systems most potent effect is to create momentum for one party approved candidate and remove the credibility of another's possible win. Or in Clinton's case where she can ask the DNP to hire who she wants to suit. Regardless it's an awful and corrupt system. Even the media that formerly apposed Bernie and supported Hilary have been critical of the whole system and the party has seen it needs to reform.

Yeah, but if the GOP had a similar system the world would have been spared Trump.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Yeah, but if the GOP had a similar system the world would have been spared Trump.....

Yeah but we were always gonna get Bush Jr who was the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:56 am 

Anyone watched that video of Democratic senator Michael Bennet going hard at Cruz and the Freedom Caucus? Damn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
over 1 million former convicts had their voting rights restored this november in florida

in a close race, that could flip it for democrats

https://www.vox.com/midterm-elections/2 ... nor-senate

As I have stated before, the majority of former convicts in Florida are white, so don't count on it. I remember John Oliver doing a piece on it on the two guys leading the movement was a white guy guilty of white collar crime and a black guy guilty of armed robbery. Who do you think is gonna vote for the party that supports no regulations on business?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:50 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Yeah but we were always gonna get Bush Jr who was the worst.

Yet a black guy with a muslim was able to overcome super delegates but poor poor Bernie, some how he had it harder and was robbed. Funny how that works.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Anyone watched that video of Democratic senator Michael Bennet going hard at Cruz and the Freedom Caucus? Damn.

Mo Fire!! Mo' fire!!! Blistering is not even the word for that!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:03 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:

Yet a black guy with a muslim was able to overcome super delegates but poor poor Bernie, some how he had it harder and was robbed. Funny how that works.

What's that got to do with anything? Obama was and proved to be status quo unless you were a Tea Party member. And there are precious few of those in the Democratic elite ranks don't ya think?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:

flaggETERNAL wrote:

Biden? won't someone think about the children?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:27 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

What's that got to do with anything? Obama was and proved to be status quo unless you were a Tea Party member. And there are precious few of those in the Democratic elite ranks don't ya think?

You think he wasn't up against the super delegates in 08? You think Hillary wasn't the fav then? I mean how did he over come the momentum and etc. that you claimed super delegates gave. You think on paper, he was a sure thing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:39 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

You think he wasn't up against the super delegates in 08? You think Hillary wasn't the fav then? I mean how did he over come the momentum and etc. that you claimed super delegates gave. You think on paper, he was a sure thing?

Hilary started as the fav, but those circumstances were different as Hilary hadn't effectively grabbed control of the DNC for the primaries as she had in 2016. But yeah ignore that massive elephant in the room.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:43 pm 

And we now know that she controlled it because she funded it. Didn’t want a repeat of 2008.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/03/56197664 ... nc-in-2015

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 71  Next