Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:53 pm 

Ronseal, well there isn't really one on the bored so let's keep it all in one place.
Today's admission that we might have to pay into the single market from one of the Tory Parties Brexiteers has gone down worse than a bacon sandwich at a Milliband photo opp.
You really couldn't make this shit up. The whole Tory Party led exercise has been a cluster fudge.
The lack of clarity post Brexit and no due diligence is quite extraordinary. Cllas for a second vote are gathering momentum.

Last edited by c69 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:57 pm 

How odd, this thread has been started by someone who claims to hate all politics and politicians.

and he's fat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:00 pm 

The only issue I see with a second vote is that to make it democratically fair, it should be a question on whether the people of the UK want whatever deal has been put forward (as opposed to a direct rerun of the original vote)...but even if that comes back as a negative, it doesn't override that fact that the original vote was for out.

I disagree on pretty much every level with Brexit (being, as I am, one of the liberal elite), but it'll be a dark day for British democracy if we just rerun the original vote in a hope of overturning the first vote. The ultimate freedom is to be allowed to make the wrong decision, and as a democracy we have to follow it wherever it goes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:04 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
The only issue I see with a second vote is that to make it democratically fair, it should be a question on whether the people of the UK want whatever deal has been put forward (as opposed to a direct rerun of the original vote)...but even if that comes back as a negative, it doesn't override that fact that the original vote was for out.

I disagree on pretty much every level with Brexit (being, as I am, one of the liberal elite), but it'll be a dark day for British democracy if we just rerun the original vote in a hope of overturning the first vote. The ultimate freedom is to be allowed to make the wrong decision, and as a democracy we have to follow it wherever it goes.

However the premise as put to the populous of the original vote by the official out campaign was that there would be no money paid to Europe if we voted out and that the vast amount of money would be ploughed into our national treasure the NHS.
This was not some fly by night chancer that claimed this this was a former Tory Major of London and the now Foreign Secretary that made this claim as well as others in the Tory Cabinet. We know we can trust them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:16 pm 

Pity Cameron made the decision to allow a referendum. He was a brilliant PM and Osborne got Britain out of the shit when he was given chancellor of the exchequer.

This new Tory government are a joke. They don't know what they are doing and are leading Britain back to an insular looking, xenophobic country. The empire won't come back. They have to thank their lucky stars that the opposition are led by total lunatics. The sort C69 votes for.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:23 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Pity Cameron made the decision to allow a referendum. He was a brilliant PM and Osborne got Britain out of the shit when he was given chancellor of the exchequer.

This new Tory government are a joke. They don't know what they are doing and are leading Britain back to an insular looking, xenophobic country. The empire won't come back. They have to thank their lucky stars that the opposition are led by total lunatics. The sort C69 votes for.

Really ? I know you are just trolling, but it's a bit of a shame to try and destroy this thread with childishness on the first page.
The momentum lot beatifying Corbyn represent everything I despise about the left and Labour atm.
However you and bimbo feel free to have a pop if it gives you satisfaction you seem well matched politically.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F6fQnTyEniM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:52 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38167225
So net migration near an all time high?
How would these relate to government targets ?
Interestingly the press haven't focused on who set the targets since the coalition and the Brexit govt got into power.
Failure year on year :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:04 am 

Goodbye Zac Goldsmith

Tory prick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:07 am 

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:23 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 am 

c69 wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38167225
So net migration near an all time high?
How would these relate to government targets ?
Interestingly the press haven't focused on who set the targets since the coalition and the Brexit govt got into power.
Failure year on year :(

There couldn't have been to many people who believed to former PM wasn't lying at the time he set the targets and to be fair to the current PM he gave her the shit stick.
We will get increasing numbers of Eastern Europeans flooding into the country to make sure they get in before we leave Europe. Then the rest of Europe will have to take the strain until the the economies of the east and the west reach some kind of parity.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 am 

So what if Eastern Europeans come (not that I care) , they cannot get any benefits for four years.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-02-03/what ... nts-claim/

For me this is what I hate about the current political discourse from the right. The phoney, hateful spiteful mean-spirited narrative (against foriegners, the poor the sick the unemployed) has to survive at all costs - even long long AFTER they have done something (which is often incredibly dramatic or extremely harmful tot he people they have targeted) .

It was all just self serving contempt.

It serves the right well to have contempt for these groups of people - so they do, no matter what they actually do to them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:02 am 

iarmhiman wrote:

Someone call a surgeon, my sides just split........

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 am 

Anonymous. wrote:

23000 Majority

f**ked up

That's a clear Tory remain vote switching to Lib dems

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:28 am 

How did Labour fair in Richmond?

Percentage increase/decrease?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:32 am 

henry wrote:

implosion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:33 am 

henry wrote:

Lost their deposit apparently.

A bit pointless standing for that one. Especially given UKIP stood aside for Zac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:34 am 

henry wrote:

Lost their deposit

Quote:
A year and a half ago I was not involved in politics, I was not a member of a political party, I had never been involved in a political campaign, I had never thought about being a politician. But I knew I was a liberal. I believed in openness, tolerance, compassion, working with our neigbours around the world.

When I saw what happened at the general election last year I felt I had ot get involved.

I think a lot of people in this community had the same feeling after the referendum. Richmond Park is full of people like me who felt something was going wrong, that the politics of anger and division were on the rise, that the liberal tolerant values we took for granted were under threat. We perceived the Ukip vision of Britain in the ascendancy, intolerant, backward-looking, divisive, just as we see it in America and across Europe.

Well, today we have said no. We will defend the Britain we love. We will stand up for the open, tolerant, united Britain we believe in. The people of Richmond Park and North Kingston have sent a shockwave through this Conservative Brexit government and our message is clear: we do not want a hard Brexit, we do not want to be pulled out of the single market and we will not let intolerance, division and fear win.

Great speech

suck that up you nasty Tory Brexiteer racists

waguser wrote:
henry wrote:

implosion

I don't believe it.

Or perhaps I do. Corbyn doesn't need the votes of the shielded liberal elite anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:36 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
henry wrote:

A bit pointless standing for that one. Especially given UKIP stood aside for Zac

Ridiculous decision. Apparently the CLP were willing to stand aside because they recognised that they would just be helping Goldsmith by running but were overruled by HQ, which is super keen on democratic decisions provided it's THEIR democratic decision. Not that it ended up mattering. I'd bet my TV that every single former Labour voter would cite Corbyn as the reason they switched

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:52 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
henry wrote:

Ridiculous decision. Apparently the CLP were willing to stand aside because they recognised that they would just be helping Goldsmith by running but were overruled by HQ, which is super keen on democratic decisions provided it's THEIR democratic decision. Not that it ended up mattering. I'd bet my TV that every single former Labour voter would cite Corbyn as the reason they switched

NA

you would have had a large proportion of loyal labour voters tactically switching to stop Goldsmith

still

no harm if Corbynites get a wake up call

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 am 

Ah well, I've got a new TV being delivered on Wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 am 

Lib dens up,to 9 in parliament now, I wonder if they get a bigger room.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 am 

bimboman wrote:
Lib dens up,to 9 in parliament now, I wonder if they get a bigger room.

Indeed, anymore and they might need to book two tables at the curry house for their Christmas party!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 am 

Just read a tweet claiming Labour had more members in Richnod constituency than they got votes!

That's some severe tactical switching

apparently local party wanted to not run a candidate but HQ forced them to.

Only the Corbyn Ultras were trying for a labour vote

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:35 am 

waguser wrote:
Just read a tweet claiming Labour had more members in Richnod constituency than they got votes!

Labour have been non existent in Richmond Park for years, sort of place where they put forward some researcher or junior policy wonk to learn the electoral campaign ropes on a shoestring budget before being parachuted into somewhere more contestable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:44 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

Why is it undemocratic for the people through a democratic vote to reverse a previous decision?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:27 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
waguser wrote:

Labour have been non existent in Richmond Park for years, sort of place where they put forward some researcher or junior policy wonk to learn the electoral campaign ropes on a shoestring budget before being parachuted into somewhere more contestable.

Quote:
One Lib Dem campaigner said they encountered many Labour activists in Richmond Park who “f**king hate us” but were willing to get out vote for Olney in order to get rid of Goldsmith.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:58 am 

Compared to 2015 the change in vote was:

Goldsmith 34,404 to 18,638
LibDem 11,389 to 20,510
Labour 7,296 to 1,515
Turn-out 76.5% to 53.4%

So a combination of switching and Goldsmith's former voters staying at home.

Goldsmith didn't do himself any favours with the racist angle to his mayoral campaign either.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 am 

waguser wrote:

Well it's not that suprising - the majority of the entryists never voted Labour before, why would they now?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:22 am 

Monster Raving Loonies continue to brighten British politics simply by virtue of turning up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:23 am 

While in the short term this is a great result for liberals/left, if people start voting along Leave/Remain lines its the end of the line for them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:25 am 

croyals wrote:
While in the short term this is a great result for liberals/left, if people start voting along Leave/Remain lines its the end of the line for them.

I think they'd be absolutely ecstatic to have over 200 seats to be honest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:46 am 

Found this mildly amusing, Labour are turning into Matt Damon in Team America: http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/la ... n-problem/

Matt Damon!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:47 am 

Watching results in Richmond and audiences in the north, is there any place for Labour outside of North London now?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:47 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
croyals wrote:

I think they'd be absolutely ecstatic to have over 200 seats to be honest

I'm sure they would. Which tells you a lot about what their main concern is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:55 am 

It's a hilarious result

Logic maths and the fact that he had a huge nimby issue he could bail on to all dictated that there wasn't a hope in hell of him getting defeated. That'e what he believed and he was right by any normal indicators

His "principled resignation" was a stunt designed to bolster his own rigteousness and moral authority.

Never in a million years did he think he would get tonked and by some young one who just joined politics too!

But actually there in lies the heart of his problem. Everyone gets one election as a "Not a politician" politician

And this Lib Dem almost certainly went to town on it. A combination of that and remain voters getting the hump and Tories staying home who thought he was safe or who didn't like him leaving the tory party mean he f**ked himself.

:lol: :lol:

Any Irish politician of any hue watching will take note and be in no hurry to hasten their own potential demise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next