Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24878
ukjim wrote:
Image

Caveat emptor and all that.

price of a pint of vitamin G by postal area in dublin.

https://guindex.ie/statistics/


Who the jaysus is charging 6quid for a Guinness in Malahide?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40379
Location: Dublin
Moved in. Beds in. Just waiting on sofas which will take another 3 weeks.

Loving my new home already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30574
iarmhiman wrote:
Moved in. Beds in. Just waiting on sofas which will take another 3 weeks.

Loving my new home already.


I hope you’ve ordered your wheelie bins


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15524
Keep all your receipts for your white goods, beds, sofas etc.
Anything with a warranty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21249
Now you need to start fúcking with boundaries and suing your neighbours.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6946
anonymous_joe wrote:
Now you need to start fúcking with boundaries and suing your neighbours.


When is the first all night Jungle Rave party? It is traditional to have them on the first Mon and Tues of every week for a year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 21032
nardol wrote:
centre-ish of the village. Dart side of the town.

Village is grand. Igoe bar is a bit rough and ready but not bad. Ramblers rest bar is a total no-go though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24878
Was bidding on a place there in Drumcondra that honestly was perfect for us, got to the stage where we were the only party involved, and the bloody vendors took it off the market. So remain firmly at square one.

However though this week I've been offered a job that I'd be absolutely insane to turn down. So will have to wait a bit now assuming I have a probationary period, should get my contract by the end of the week. Bit of a shame but in the long run in terms of my career I have to take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40379
Location: Dublin
danthefan wrote:
Was bidding on a place there in Drumcondra that honestly was perfect for us, got to the stage where we were the only party involved, and the bloody vendors took it off the market. So remain firmly at square one.

However though this week I've been offered a job that I'd be absolutely insane to turn down. So will have to wait a bit now assuming I have a probationary period, should get my contract by the end of the week. Bit of a shame but in the long run in terms of my career I have to take it.


A big pay rise Dan?? If so then you got to take it and you'll get a way bigger loan in 6 months.

Prices are slowing down now anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24878
iarmhiman wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Was bidding on a place there in Drumcondra that honestly was perfect for us, got to the stage where we were the only party involved, and the bloody vendors took it off the market. So remain firmly at square one.

However though this week I've been offered a job that I'd be absolutely insane to turn down. So will have to wait a bit now assuming I have a probationary period, should get my contract by the end of the week. Bit of a shame but in the long run in terms of my career I have to take it.


A big pay rise Dan?? If so then you got to take it and you'll get a way bigger loan in 6 months.

Prices are slowing down now anyway.


Yeah decent bump alright, she's had a bit of a payrise too so we'll be about to borrow a lot more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21702
My brother is in the process of changing jobs and was able to complete drawdown before his notice period ran out.

How long is your notice period?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24878
Uncle Fester wrote:
My brother is in the process of changing jobs and was able to complete drawdown before his notice period ran out.

How long is your notice period?


A month. We're nowhere in the house buying process at the moment so a month isn't long enough unfortunately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21702
Broker said that even if it didn't happen in time, keeping his mouth shut was the way to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:44 pm
Posts: 4342
danthefan wrote:
Was bidding on a place there in Drumcondra that honestly was perfect for us, got to the stage where we were the only party involved, and the bloody vendors took it off the market. So remain firmly at square one.

However though this week I've been offered a job that I'd be absolutely insane to turn down. So will have to wait a bit now assuming I have a probationary period, should get my contract by the end of the week. Bit of a shame but in the long run in terms of my career I have to take it.


Congrats on the job :thumbup:

Sounds like you're making the right decision. Definite signs of a slow down out there.

On our side we had to walk away from the house we went sale agreed on. Couldn't get flood damage insurance as it was only 100m from the sea. The whole area has just been rezoned in the last year. Frustrating to have to walk away, but had to be done. Wasn't so much worried about actually being flooded, more what it would do to resale value if whoever we might sell it to in the future wouldn't be able to get cover.

In the meantime we've been bid off a property in Drumcondra and one in Terrenure. Both went significantly over asking. Pretty exhausted with it at this point, but will soldier on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 12817
danthefan wrote:
Was bidding on a place there in Drumcondra that honestly was perfect for us, got to the stage where we were the only party involved, and the bloody vendors took it off the market. So remain firmly at square one.

However though this week I've been offered a job that I'd be absolutely insane to turn down. So will have to wait a bit now assuming I have a probationary period, should get my contract by the end of the week. Bit of a shame but in the long run in terms of my career I have to take it.

Probably waiting for the housing market to pick back up in September.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24878
Macsimus wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Was bidding on a place there in Drumcondra that honestly was perfect for us, got to the stage where we were the only party involved, and the bloody vendors took it off the market. So remain firmly at square one.

However though this week I've been offered a job that I'd be absolutely insane to turn down. So will have to wait a bit now assuming I have a probationary period, should get my contract by the end of the week. Bit of a shame but in the long run in terms of my career I have to take it.


Congrats on the job :thumbup:

Sounds like you're making the right decision. Definite signs of a slow down out there.

On our side we had to walk away from the house we went sale agreed on. Couldn't get flood damage insurance as it was only 100m from the sea. The whole area has just been rezoned in the last year. Frustrating to have to walk away, but had to be done. Wasn't so much worried about actually being flooded, more what it would do to resale value if whoever we might sell it to in the future wouldn't be able to get cover.

In the meantime we've been bid off a property in Drumcondra and one in Terrenure. Both went significantly over asking. Pretty exhausted with it at this point, but will soldier on.


Cheers, much appreciated.

And yeah it really gets on top of you at times doesn't it. Been looking since January and we're still at square one. Whole process is tortuous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40379
Location: Dublin
The fun really starts after you go sale agreed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6102
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
danthefan wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
My brother is in the process of changing jobs and was able to complete drawdown before his notice period ran out.

How long is your notice period?


A month. We're nowhere in the house buying process at the moment so a month isn't long enough unfortunately.

if your mortgage approved sure you're good for 6 months. say natin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21702
That's basically what the broker told my brother. He finishes on Tuesday. Likely to close by the end of the week. Unless there's a big gap, just keep the head down and in the unlikely event you're caught, just play "oh right silly me".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:57 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5101
We did exactly that. Wife changed jobs a month before we got the keys. Said absolutely nothing. So long as the paperwork such as payslips was within the last six months, the bank was happy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6102
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
so the solicitors are dragging their arse on getting the last few boxes ticked in my house purchase - below are the last few items - am thinking of saying fcuk it i'll risk signing without these ; am trying to figure out worst case scenario - for the NPPR for example i'm sure we could just get a side letter saying the vendor is responsible for any property tax while they were owner - anyone have any idea ?

1. Draft Family Home Declaration in the new format.

2. Certificate of Exemption or Certificate of Discharge for the N.P.P.R.

3. Letter from the relevant Local Authority confirming that the roads and services are in charge.

4. What development is referred to in the copy letter from........Architect, dated 30/5/1989. (The vendor's solicitors are making enquiries in relation to this point)

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24878
Leinsterman wrote:
We did exactly that. Wife changed jobs a month before we got the keys. Said absolutely nothing. So long as the paperwork such as payslips was within the last six months, the bank was happy.


If we were sale agreed and in that process I'd probably do that but we only have approval from one bank, who I bank with, who would just have to take a cursory look at my account to see the change in the source of my salary.

Talking to a broker, but as we aren't actually losing out on a property it's not the end of the world, we can hang on for a few months.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51862
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
so the solicitors are dragging their arse on getting the last few boxes ticked in my house purchase - below are the last few items - am thinking of saying fcuk it i'll risk signing without these ; am trying to figure out worst case scenario - for the NPPR for example i'm sure we could just get a side letter saying the vendor is responsible for any property tax while they were owner - anyone have any idea ?

1. Draft Family Home Declaration in the new format.

2. Certificate of Exemption or Certificate of Discharge for the N.P.P.R.

3. Letter from the relevant Local Authority confirming that the roads and services are in charge.

4. What development is referred to in the copy letter from........Architect, dated 30/5/1989. (The vendor's solicitors are making enquiries in relation to this point)

cheers


As far as I remember, the fines for non payment of NPPR are massive (into the high thousands). Make sure you're not liable.

Not sure what you mean by the first but if it's anything to do with anyone having a claim on the house as a family home then obviously it needs to be resolved first.

Other two seem minor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6102
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
CM11 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
so the solicitors are dragging their arse on getting the last few boxes ticked in my house purchase - below are the last few items - am thinking of saying fcuk it i'll risk signing without these ; am trying to figure out worst case scenario - for the NPPR for example i'm sure we could just get a side letter saying the vendor is responsible for any property tax while they were owner - anyone have any idea ?

1. Draft Family Home Declaration in the new format.

2. Certificate of Exemption or Certificate of Discharge for the N.P.P.R.

3. Letter from the relevant Local Authority confirming that the roads and services are in charge.

4. What development is referred to in the copy letter from........Architect, dated 30/5/1989. (The vendor's solicitors are making enquiries in relation to this point)

cheers


As far as I remember, the fines for non payment of NPPR are massive (into the high thousands). Make sure you're not liable.

Not sure what you mean by the first but if it's anything to do with anyone having a claim on the house as a family home then obviously it needs to be resolved first.

Other two seem minor.


yup, signed contracts this morning and apparently it can be up to €7k in fines - should be sorted by time funds are transferred, cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40379
Location: Dublin
Got the sofas in yesterday. Fairly much done now in terms of furniture.

Having the small problem of ants in the bathroom. Not too many but enough to annoy me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8691
Where did you buy Iarmhiman ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40379
Location: Dublin
Conspicuous wrote:
Where did you buy Iarmhiman ?


Mount Brown beside St James hospital


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 12817
iarmhiman wrote:
Got the sofas in yesterday. Fairly much done now in terms of furniture.

Having the small problem of ants in the bathroom. Not too many but enough to annoy me.

And traps work wonders. Will post a pic later if i get a chance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21702
iarmhiman wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
Where did you buy Iarmhiman ?


Mount Brown beside St James hospital

Work to be done? Pretty old houses from what I recall. Used to live on Brookfield road so know the area well.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, Armchair_Superstar, backrow, BBB, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Brazil, CarrotGawks, CrazyIslander, Diego, earl the beaver, Edinburgh01, etherman, feckwanker, Franzer, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhooker, I like haggis, Jay Cee Gee, J Man, kiweez, Leinsterman, Lobby, Merciless, Nolanator, penguin, Podge, rabble, Smee, St_Badger, Toro, unseenwork, Winnie, Womack, Yer Man and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group