Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:25 pm 

YOYO wrote:
Can anybody be advise of the First Time Buyers Help to Bug incentive?
Ok I understand this.
Quote:
The incentive will give you a refund of Income Tax and Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) that you paid in Ireland over the previous four years.

Does it matter about the LTV ratio of your mortgage? Or is it basically 5% of the house selling price, up to a max of 20K with no strings attached.

So once you have bought the house, is it a matter of getting paid back a tax free lump sum of 5%?

Another question, if I pay a deposit up front on a new build (in new estate) does this mean the house is mine? Or does it just mean I’m on a waiting list.

The property agented emailed me about a few house available in a particular estate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:18 pm 

If memory serves me correctly the deposit you pay at the start is fully refundable and you only have the right to purchase it when you sign the deed papers etc with your solicitor and the developer does likewise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18