Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.citize ... lozi-told/

Is this sort of thing normal or a minority one-off ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:13 am 

Sards wrote:
What amuses me is that there is so much talk about how good the SADF was in the " good old days " and yet the farmers cannot even organise an intelligence unit to get to the bottom of this and establish whether there is a concerted effort to chase farmers off the land and out the country.....I suppose that a large part of the problem is that suspects caught are handed over to the authorities and we know exactly how fokken useless they are.

Do you believe that this is at all likely?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am 

Sards wrote:
What amuses me is that there is so much talk about how good the SADF was in the " good old days " and yet the farmers cannot even organise an intelligence unit to get to the bottom of this and establish whether there is a concerted effort to chase farmers off the land and out the country.....I suppose that a large part of the problem is that suspects caught are handed over to the authorities and we know exactly how fokken useless they are.

The disbanding of the commando system has a lot to do with the total lack of intelligence and lack of coherence between farmers. SAPS do not co-operate fully in most cases, either, many obstacles for a decent attempt at stopping this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am 

saffas, I thought it was only the farmers who didn't chip in with the appropriate bribes who got attacked ? or support some local political bigwig in some way ?
a few cases of beer to the local cops for their xmas party should ensure the locals know not to feck with your premises. That's how the white farmers who remain in ZIm manage to survive anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:55 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sards wrote:

The disbanding of the commando system has a lot to do with the total lack of intelligence and lack of coherence between farmers. SAPS do not co-operate fully in most cases, either, many obstacles for a decent attempt at stopping this.

The armed response units should be doing a better job then...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:00 am 

Sards wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sards wrote:

Not always organised well enough. Many people are not even on the networks, other "cannot bother, we are too busy" A whole new dynamic entering SA farming and safety.
Others are just too far, with no communication. Intelligence is the main component lacking. That and political will to stop the problem. Resources ...

If the government does not want to stop it the farmers/communities will really battle to.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 am 

Great skewering of Hopkins in the Guardian by Marina Hyde:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... adventures

Standing ovation for the "Bluejean Terreblanche" line...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sards wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sards wrote:

Not always organised well enough. Many people are not even on the networks, other "cannot bother, we are too busy" A whole new dynamic entering SA farming and safety.
Others are just too far, with no communication. Intelligence is the main component lacking. That and political will to stop the problem. Resources ...

If the government does not want to stop it the farmers/communities will really battle to.

We all make provisions for security. Its an important aspect of survival in Zuma's South Africa. A cost that has to be calculated in terms of how you value your family. Farmers need to start owning this. And they need to start organising neighbourhood watches too. And improving on intelligence. I am sorry but there is no faith in our security and policing systems.

We were at the bank this morning , our banker said that we as South Africans pay double for everything.

We pay taxes which are supposed to cover security , schooling and medical expenses.
Yet we all pay for armed response , private schools and medical aids.

This is the Zuma South Africa.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 am 

Saturnine wrote:

Hmmm.

The underlying message of the hyped Hopkins' bullshit doco being an irresponsible attempt to whip up racial hatred in an environment already prone to interracial antagonism is lost in the jokey style and awkward metaphors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:30 am 

Sards wrote:
We all make provisions for security. Its an important aspect of survival in Zuma's South Africa. A cost that has to be calculated in terms of how you value your family. Farmers need to start owning this. And they need to start organising neighbourhood watches too. And improving on intelligence. I am sorry but there is no faith in our security and policing systems.

We were at the bank this morning , our banker said that we as South Africans pay double for everything.

We pay taxes which are supposed to cover security , schooling and medical expenses.

How do you secure a 5000 hectare property, mostly wild bush, 50km from the nearest town, 10 km from the nearest neighbour ? When the perpetrator has all rights to wander about your property, quoting "human rights", the police take four days to attend to a call, if ever, the attacker is equipped with such modern stuff as cell phone signal suppressors (see Ox's video)

It was insurmountable in the old SA - I had an mountainess, wild area to cover,over 18,000 hectares big, as a single person ... Nothing doing. People do not understand that in the Limpopo bush a man can vanish within a meter, if he wants to ... and there are a few million hectares of it.

Farmers are farmers, not soldiers or scouts or whatever. They produce food, a hard enough and most time consuming job. The community should help create an environment in which that can happen, or pay much much more for what they get...

A good sign was when a taxi stopped at the local police forum's road sign where three young suspects were held. The taxi driver enquired after the prisoners .. found out they were suspected farm attackers. He promptly stormed them, started assaulting them, had to be dragged off. Said they should be executed on the spot, they do not deserve life ...
Driver is a black man, of course.

An attitude we can gladly see more of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:31 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

Hmmm.

The underlying message of the hyped Hopkins' bullshit doco being an irresponsible attempt to whip up racial hatred in an environment already prone to interracial antagonism is lost in the jokey style and awkward metaphors.

It's the 'Lost in Showbiz' column. Hyde is well known for her amusing and irreverent take on all the sh*t that is happening in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sards wrote:

How do you secure a 5000 hectare property, mostly wild bush, 50km from the nearest town, 10 km from the nearest neighbour ? When the perpetrator has all rights to wander about your property, quoting "human rights", the police take four days to attend to a call, if ever, the attacker is equipped with such modern stuff as cell phone signal suppressors (see Ox's video)

It was insurmountable in the old SA - I had an mountainess, wild area to cover,over 18,000 hectares big, as a single person ... Nothing doing. People do not understand that in the Limpopo bush a man can vanish within a meter, if he wants to ... and there are a few million hectares of it.

Farmers are farmers, not soldiers or scouts or whatever. They produce food, a hard enough and most time consuming job. The community should help create an environment in which that can happen, or pay much much more for what they get...

A good sign was when a taxi stopped at the local police forum's road sign where three young suspects were held. The taxi driver enquired after the prisoners .. found out they were suspected farm attackers. He promptly stormed them, started assaulting them, had to be dragged off. Said they should be executed on the spot, they do not deserve life ...
Driver is a black man, of course.

An attitude we can gladly see more of.

eh ? are you trying to say no white man would ever lower themselves to drive a taxi ?
:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 am 

Saturnine wrote:

It's a shit article, from a shit newspaper. That hardly reports this story, and when they do makes sure to always mention apartheid and Terreblanche.

What really happened, is they got shown up by some Z list celeb columnist. So the Guardian can say what it likes, she awful as she is, went there and interviewed people. Whereas they just called white people racist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm 

backrow wrote:

eh ? are you trying to say no white man would ever lower themselves to drive a taxi ?

Do/did you see any white mini-bus taxi drives in Natal ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm 

ox wagon wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

It's a shit article, from a shit newspaper. That hardly reports this story, and when they do makes sure to always mention apartheid and Terreblanche.

What really happened, is they got shown up by some Z list celeb columnist. So the Guardian can say what it likes, she awful as she is, went there and interviewed people. Whereas they just called white people racist.

Sells their media to their usual brainless audience.

They are not interested in the truth or an solution - for them this (farm killings, attacks) is a form of entertainment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
ox wagon wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

They are not interested in the truth or an solution - for them this (farm killings, attacks) is a form of entertainment.

It's the same as any other news story. Interview people and research, then write it up with opinion and analysis based on that. Some will do it better than others.

But the Guardian doesn't do that on this story. They're in the game of stigmatising and vilifying people, and interviewing no one, not the victims or perpetrators.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm 

Seems as if they copy PR Rugby Forum...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
backrow wrote:

get with it pops, its Kwa-Zulu-Natal these days

and for the taxis I take, yes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm 

backrow wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
backrow wrote:

You will never see a white minibus taxi driver in Gauteng/Limpopo. The odd Uber/metered taxi one.

Edit : Taxi Association (black drivers) would never allow it. They say taxis is a black thing ... (anecdotal)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:03 pm 

ox wagon wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
ox wagon wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

It's the same as any other news story. Interview people and research, then write it up with opinion and analysis based on that. Some will do it better than others.

But the Guardian doesn't do that on this story. They're in the game of stigmatising and vilifying people, and interviewing no one, not the victims or perpetrators.

In your rush to take offence, it seems you haven't seen my follow up post. I've highlighted it below:

It's the 'Lost in Showbiz' column. Hyde is well known for her amusing and irreverent take on all the sh*t that is happening in the world.

Ths complex issues that SA faces could fill an encyclopedia daily, I'm sure. However, this column was simply a takedown of serial shit-stirrer and controversialist Katie Hopkins - who if you think would take a sober and exhaustive look at this situation, you're deluded.

The ONLY reason she's in SA is because she's been fired from all her other jobs and is having to become increasingly shrill to earn a living.

Having her involved in not a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
backrow wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
backrow wrote:

You will never see a white minibus taxi driver in Gauteng/Limpopo. The odd Uber/metered taxi one.

Edit : Taxi Association (black drivers) would never allow it. They say taxis is a black thing ... (anecdotal)

Wait, white minibus taxi's in Gauteng/Limpopo drive themselves?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:16 pm 

Saturnine wrote:
In your rush to take offence, it seems you haven't seen my follow up post. I've highlighted it below:

Ths complex issues that SA faces could fill an encyclopedia daily, I'm sure. However, this column was simply a takedown of serial shit-stirrer and controversialist Katie Hopkins - who if you think would take a sober and exhaustive look at this situation, you're deluded.

The ONLY reason she's in SA is because she's been fired from all her other jobs and is having to become increasingly shrill to earn a living.

Having her involved in not a good thing.

:lol:

This is the total amount of stories from the Guardian on farm murders:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... anche-race
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... ca-robbery
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... uth-africa
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... achine-gun
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/ ... orycarroll
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... upremacist

They almost all find a way to mention Terreblanche, or if not apartheid. I'm not offended I'm pointing out a fact. It would be like a South African newspaper reporting UK Muslim rape gangs, and always finding a way to mention colonialism and Nick Griffin.

Why should this story not be covered because it's supposedly too complicated? If some tabloid journalist/columnist wants to go bull in a china shop and interview some people along the way. Crack on I say. It's not some special issue that can't be mentioned other than in encyclopedias, no story is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 pm 

Anyone have an idea hat was the UK newspaper coverage of the Mau Mau, in that era ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm 

A short excerpt of Katie's column
https://hopkinsworld.com/sources-corrup ... m-attacks/

Quote:
Multiple sources including politicians, serving officers, and informants inside international research centers and across agricultural unions tell me the South African police force is actively arming and facilitating farm attacks. That the perpetrators of murder, torture, and assault are protected from arrest or prosecution via their political affiliations, and that police officers are paid to turn a blind eye.

In England, I tell my children: if you are ever in trouble you can always trust a policeman. Here in South Africa, I’d tell them to run the other way.

The white farmer will be hunted to extinction. And the only difference between him and the white rhino is that the world doesn’t care.

All makes sense, so far.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Quote:
Multiple sources including politicians, serving officers, and informants inside international research centers and across agricultural unions tell me the South African police force is actively arming and facilitating farm attacks. That the perpetrators of murder, torture, and assault are protected from arrest or prosecution via their political affiliations, and that police officers are paid to turn a blind eye.

In England, I tell my children: if you are ever in trouble you can always trust a policeman. Here in South Africa, I’d tell them to run the other way.

The white farmer will be hunted to extinction. And the only difference between him and the white rhino is that the world doesn’t care.

All makes sense, so far.

Bullshit.

But no surprise she fills your wank bank, though.

Last edited by Rinkals on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm 

She is an odious twat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:59 pm 

I have no knowledge of South Africa so won't comment on that, but I don't see Katie Hopkins as a journalist as such.

She regularly calls London a dangerous hell hole that she would never visit and tells Americans that they would never want their country to be as dangerous as the UK, so full of extremism that goes unchallenged because there's a left wing establishment conspiracy to protect Muslims.

She's also outspoken against vaccination.

You have to be careful about anyone who reports with a single agenda. Sadly more of this is being regarded as journalism or worthy of discussion these days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm 

SamShark wrote:
I have no knowledge of South Africa so won't comment on that, but I don't see Katie Hopkins as a journalist as such.

She regularly calls London a dangerous hell hole that she would never visit and tells Americans that they would never want their country to be as dangerous as the UK, so full of extremism that goes unchallenged because there's a left wing establishment conspiracy to protect Muslims.

You have to be careful about anyone who reports with a single agenda. Sadly more of this is being regarded as journalism or worthy of discussion these days.

She plays directly to the racist white minority.

The problem is that it's an extremely dangerous message that she's pushing. It's all very well to peddle this disingenuous pish in the UK where the whites are a sizable majority; here in South Africa we have around 3 million whites in a population of about 60 million.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:13 pm 

SamShark wrote:

tbf London isn't exactly super safe, 8 knife murders in Jan was it ?
its probably quite low murders per capita, but still a bit dodgy in parts.

still think America is just ahead though on murders :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm 

backrow wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Don't be silly, London is very safe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:20 pm 

backrow wrote:
SamShark wrote:

London is more dangerous than NYC now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
SamShark wrote:

She plays directly to the racist white minority.

The problem is that it's an extremely dangerous message that she's pushing. It's all very well to peddle this disingenuous pish in the UK where the whites are a sizable majority; here in South Africa we have around 3 million whites in a population of about 60 million.

It's just a news story like any other.

The amusing thing is, all it took for her to upstage large media businesses, was to actually interview people and then put some half arsed kak analysis on top of that. That ends up immediately better than what the non-reporting western media outlets have done, which is the occasional dribbling about Terreblanche a irrelevant and dead person. On a qualitative basis. Leaving her as a sort of authority source.

You know there is the option of massive global media giants reporting better than some Z list celeb? Calling everyone racist and Terreblanche isn't reporting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Quote:

All makes sense, so far.

Bullshit.

Don't take this post as disagreeing with you. Or agreeing for that matter.

Think of me as a debate facilitator.....

So my question is:

How come you're so sure that it is indeed bullshit?

*Don't read this question as being an indication of my own views on this subject.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 pm 

Trogs - it is Rinkals. Do not wait up for an answer ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:00 pm 

SamShark wrote:

The mind boggles. :((

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
SamShark wrote:

The mind boggles. :((

Eh, she says whatever gives her publicity. If the Guardian said they'd give her a £1000,000 contract tomorrow she'd come out saying 57 genders isn't enough.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:59 pm 

I actually quite like Katie Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
I actually quite like Katie Hopkins.

You hopeless romantics are all the same

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:30 pm 

troglodiet wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Quote:

All makes sense, so far.

Bullshit.

Don't take this post as disagreeing with you. Or agreeing for that matter.

Think of me as a debate facilitator.....

So my question is:

How come you're so sure that it is indeed bullshit?

*Don't read this question as being an indication of my own views on this subject.

"Actively arming and facilitating farm attacks"?

Seriously?

It is not impossible (but quite unlikely) that the farm attackers have some sympathy from individual policemen, but Hopkins is driving a narrative that suggest that it is Government policy to ethnically cleanse rural South Africa.

Bullshit is an entirely accurate description.

If there is indeed sympathy within the SAPS for farm attackers, I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that the politicization of the attacks by Hopkins, Hofmeyer and others has contributed substantially to this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Trogs - it is Rinkals. Do not wait up for an answer ...

Yeah. Right.

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next