Chat Forum
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 2:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 pm 

White line fever again!, a 3 player overlap FFS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:49 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:

That was just face palm city.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:49 pm 

malky wrote:
Welsh women collapse the maul and the supposedly biased ref give them the scrum

If you are going to chat utter bollocks do it somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:50 pm 

Welsh 11 :uhoh:

Rollie is a cracking 15.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:51 pm 

bessantj wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

That was just face palm city.

Greedy!. Just ridiculous greed there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:52 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
malky wrote:

Your pathetic whinging about the ref has been 'Earlesque' - can give it no higher PR accolade!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 pm 

Wales ladies managing to win that despite themselves in parts. Good win thought, some good play by both sides, Wendigo is right about Rollie, great 15.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm 

Seen nothing for England to be worried about, but tight games are great to watch and it was Rollie's brilliance vs the Welsh pack.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm 

malky wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
malky wrote:

Your pathetic whinging about the ref has been 'Earlesque' - can give it no higher PR accolade!

Except I've not the only one pointed out the refs flaws am I?I rarely criticism refs, but this one was pretty fu#cking shit. Refs aren't some f#cking gods above criticism and no utter bollocks form you will change that.

There are many will agree with me, there are some terrible refs below the top level of men's rugby and pointing that out when it happens because otehr posters have some weird fetish about never talking about them doesn't make it any less true.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Seen nothing for England to be worried about, but tight games are great to watch and it was Rollie's brilliance vs the Welsh pack.

England won't be worried, except about the Welsh scrum and lineout. But considering where Wales were, if they can keep switched on, cut out the mistakes and stupid decisions they can go places. Oh and develop an exit plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:04 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

Can't imagine England will be worried about any team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:06 pm 

Bessan, what's the areas need to work on that you've seen?

For me it's the speed of play ball in hand and decisions. They aren't fast enough to take on a "Better" side. They are very clearly alot better than the 70-0 or whatever (who cares not relevant) scoreline England put on them last year, but where do you feel the work ons are?

I can see potentially a 3rd place on offer which is Wales best return ever isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
malky wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
malky wrote:

Except I've not the only one pointed out the refs flaws am I?I rarely criticism refs, but this one was pretty fu#cking shit. Refs aren't some f#cking gods above criticism and no utter bollocks form you will change that.

There are many will agree with me, there are some terrible refs below the top level of men's rugby and pointing that out when it happens because otehr posters have some weird fetish about never talking about them doesn't make it any less true.

Best agree to disagree - I'm never going to get massively worked up about about a ref in a women's game... but I did shout at the screen a few times at perceived injustices against the Scottish ladies - note the highlighted bit - we are all the same really

...and by the way you are in for a very big surprise in the under 20s!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:11 pm 

malky wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
malky wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
malky wrote:

Best agree to disagree - I'm never going to get massively worked up about about a ref in a women's game... but I did shout at the screen a few times at perceived injustices against the Scottish ladies - note the highlighted bit - we are all the same really

Except one of us goes ranting and foaming at the mouth calling other posters pathetic for no reason.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:14 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

For me it's the speed of play ball in hand and decisions. They aren't fast enough to take on a "Better" side. They are very clearly alot better than the 70-0 or whatever (who cares not relevant) scoreline England put on them last year, but where do you feel the work ons are?

I can see potentially a 3rd place on offer which is Wales best return ever isn't it?

I think decision making is a big one, at one point I thought they were being paid per off-load because it didn't seem to matter where the ball went as long as it was off-loaded, this lead to quite a few turnovers. They need to tidy up their defence a bit as well, a lot of ground Scotland made came from the Welsh defenders going quite high in the tackle and the Scottish player being able to duck/shrug off the tackler. Possibly kicking as well, Wales left 7 points on the park due to missed kicks and that really could have made all the difference.

Wales came 2nd in 2006, 2008 and 2009 (stopped England getting the grand slam). But 3rd place would be their best placing since 2009.

Last edited by bessantj on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:15 pm 

Your pathetic whinging about the ref has been 'Earlesque' - can give it no higher PR accolade![/quote]

There are many will agree with me, there are some terrible refs below the top level of men's rugby and pointing that out when it happens because otehr posters have some weird fetish about never talking about them doesn't make it any less true.[/quote]

Best agree to disagree - I'm never going to get massively worked up about about a ref in a women's game... but I did shout at the screen a few times at perceived injustices against the Scottish ladies - note the highlighted bit - we are all the same really[/quote]

Except one of us goes ranting and foaming at the mouth calling other posters pathetic for no reason.[/quote]

Your response is pathetic

Last edited by malky on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

I think decision making is a big one, at one point I thought they were being paid per off-load because it didn't seem to matter where the ball went as long as it was off-loaded, this lead to quite a few turnovers. They need to tidy up their defence a bit as well, a lot of ground Scotland made came from the Welsh defenders going quite high in the tackle and the Scottish player being able to duck/shrug off the tackler. Possibly kicking as well, Wales left 7 points on the park due to missed kicks and that really could have made all the difference.

Wales came 2nd in 2006, 2008 and 2009 (stopped England getting the grand slam). But 3rd place would be their best placing since 2009.

Positive.

Can I just say how much you resemble the men's team in style of play?

Not too attacking, very well drilled, decent pack and strong set piece? Or am I think of someone else? :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:19 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

Positive.

Not too attacking, very well drilled, decent pack and strong set piece? Or am I think of someone else? :D

:lol: I don't know about the ladies being well drilled ;) But with any luck they can advance from here and get better. As Eldanielfire has pointed out there are more players to choose from these days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:20 pm 

malky wrote:

You're not wrong there's a black lad in the Scottish side.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:24 pm 

bessantj wrote:
malky wrote:

You're not wrong there's a black lad in the Scottish side.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

Positive.

:lol: I don't know about the ladies being well drilled ;) But with any luck they can advance from here and get better. As Eldanielfire has pointed out there are more players to choose from these days.

The ladies know their set piece. It helps Carys Phillips is one of the best throwers in the world. But it's still very much a developing game in Wales.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:31 am 

In the more sober light of day Wales Ladies should have walked that to some degree.

I'm not sure where a few of their backs got the idea they can walk tries in but if they can solve the white line fever greed in their passing phrases and their forwards can get better body positions when crashing over the line then they can be potent in attack. Likewise their defense was excellent, if they can develop an exit plan from their own 22 and improve on a bit of the decision making then they really have a platform to g further and kick on to higher levels.

Positives were the backrow were outstanding as was the tight 5. Carys Phillips is one of the best women's captains around and the likes of Beth Lewis on her debut, Jade Knight, Hannah Bluck, Kerin Lake all look like they will add class to Wales team. The set piece was solid.

Patchy was Robyn Wilkins at 10, she showed some promise but has some way to go in the position. Wales backline play still needs work on the decision making aspect.

Negatives were the fitness, it seems Scotland were much fitter in the 2nd half and Wales held out on mental strength, silly mistakes in both exiting the 22 and decision making in attack and kicking was awful. They won't get clsoe to England without better kicking from hand.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:59 pm 

French femmes v Irish mná (is that right?) on now on the BBC.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 pm 

France open the scoring with a great try. If the French men played like this they'd be better to look at (in more ways than one.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:28 pm 

Oh, Ireland on the French line and suddenly France are scoring a second try, great stuff from the frogesses. 12-0.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:40 pm 

I go for a wee and France get another try. Not that I think there's a connection.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 pm 

HT 17-0 The French.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 pm 

Ireland have put up some stiff defence in this second half but France have finally managed a try 24-0.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 pm 

That's it, France win 24-0.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 pm 

bessantj wrote:
I go for a wee and France get another try. Not that I think there's a connection.

Hah controlling world actions from your toilet... what an empowering concept. It's like voodoo, and bodily fluids, and...and women's sports, all mixed together.

Couldn't watch a minute of it but I'm eager to see what they're like this season. They're France's best hope out of the three comps, I hope that 24-0 means sth !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am 

Good win for France. Ireland look like a spent force in women's rugby right now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Good win for France. Ireland look like a spent force in women's rugby right now.

They brought back Niamh Briggs For Fûck sake.

she looks like a forward nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 pm 

England v Italy on a more reliable stream (i.e. facebook live or somesuch) than the one I've been watching ... well, trying to watch the men's game on?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:58 pm 

What time do the women start?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:59 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

When they learn to speak :uhoh: (5:30)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:00 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

17:30. e.g in 30 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:05 pm 

Laurent wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

They brought back Niamh Briggs For Fûck sake.

she looks like a forward nowadays.

I was genuinely shocked at her gut under the shirt. It's sad with multiple natios making various levels of progress in terms of upping the support for the women's game that Ireland are actually taking steps backwards when they had a generation who gave them a massive leap forward. Just think Ireland were beating England a few years ago and beat France last year. Since the 2017 6 Nations Ireland don't look like they will compete with those teams for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm 

Sarah Bern scores a try from a maul. Good start for England.

However i still say they are way to dependent on he driving maul from a lineout. they need to mix it up more, they have some of the best, quickest and most skilled backs in the game and thy make to little use of them. The maul would become more effective if teams didn't know what option England will take.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:59 pm 

There've been a few moments where they've looked like the men's teams that are rigidly structured. Pod crash in the middle when a couple of long passes would have seen them with a 5 v 2 out wide.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:13 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
There've been a few moments where they've looked like the men's teams that are rigidly structured. Pod crash in the middle when a couple of long passes would have seen them with a 5 v 2 out wide.

I swear to god the well structured pod system has been the blight of English coaching, tactics and coaches since the mid-2000's. It's an outdated tactic that never worked at the top level. That's not to sey pods of players aren't effective, but these pre-determined pod formations are just crap.

Sadly last I checked English coaching badges still obsessed with them, even though Eddie Jones and the elite game has cast them aside because, well, it doesn't work because the game and opponents are't going to nicely place themselves in the theoritical position or follow your hoped for tactics.

Sadly I suspect lots of coaches of women's teams are the ones picked who have their high level coaching qualifications in the RFU system and thus obsess with this pod structure bollocks..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next