Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:47 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
it makes them misogynists #metoo

Hitchcock was a misogynist. I doubt either of these two disliked women. Quite the reverse.

#nptmycaptain begs to differ. There a was tweet linked earlier where they were called misogynists. It's the wrong moment to have your whatsapp messages publicized.

I'll defer to you because I have no idea what they wrote. Just pointing out that the correct definition of misogyny is beyond simply seeing women as sex objects.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:14 pm 

sewa wrote:
Tecumseh wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Harrison has already been charged - he’s on trial for perverting the course of justice however the evidence for this hasn’t been covered in the trial yet.

I thought some of it had been covered in opening statements? Prosecution are alledging he messaged McIlroy and told him not to bring his phone with him to the Police Station.

This Harrison lad is starting to look like he actually has a brain. It's a pity his mates are so thick

If was actually that smart he would have done it over a phone call.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:34 pm 

Delete yessir whatsapp lads. First date just ended, apparently it's very incriminating.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:27 am 

Anyone thinking of posting anything related to the trial should heed the following paragraph taken from a Court of Appeal decision dating back to February 2016.

43. In that regard, we ought to underline that anyone posting a comment on a publicly available website which creates a substantial risk of causing serious prejudice faces the potential prospect of proceedings for contempt of court and we anticipate that the authorities will be alert to inform the Attorney General should such circumstances arise. This does not just apply to the appellant or any other media organisations: it applies to individuals who run the risk of causing real difficulty to the smooth progress of a fair trial for these defendants.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2016/12.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 am 

Could you be extradited from Australia/France/Munster?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 am 

Sissyfuss wrote:
Could you be extradited from Australia/France/Munster?

:lol: Exactly what I was wondering.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 am 

Fritz Lung wrote:
Anyone thinking of posting anything related to the trial should heed the following paragraph taken from a Court of Appeal decision dating back to February 2016.

43. In that regard, we ought to underline that anyone posting a comment on a publicly available website which creates a substantial risk of causing serious prejudice faces the potential prospect of proceedings for contempt of court and we anticipate that the authorities will be alert to inform the Attorney General should such circumstances arise. This does not just apply to the appellant or any other media organisations: it applies to individuals who run the risk of causing real difficulty to the smooth progress of a fair trial for these defendants.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2016/12.html

The key with this is "a substantial risk of causing serious prejudice " this is more claiming to have evidence of guilt or innocence etc not the sort of bar stool/coffee shop shite that's posted here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:00 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Jumper is right. I listened to that guy on Off the Ball yesterday. IIRC he also said that Jacksons lawyer presented a selfie taken downstairs at the time she said she was leaving and in the background is the girl putting on shoes with what appears to be her purse in her hand. IIRC she almost admitted her memory of two separate events was hazy. Rightly or wrongly i think the lawyer has done a decent job for his client there

Where has this come from? I haven't seen it reported.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:58 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Jumper is right. I listened to that guy on Off the Ball yesterday. IIRC he also said that Jacksons lawyer presented a selfie taken downstairs at the time she said she was leaving and in the background is the girl putting on shoes with what appears to be her purse in her hand. IIRC she almost admitted her memory of two separate events was hazy. Rightly or wrongly i think the lawyer has done a decent job for his client there

IIRC - Especially common to be used when trying to cover up a vague guess, or when you are truly befuddled and trying to recall a fact of some sort

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:08 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Neither have i but i'll try and find the youtube link. It was on off the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7l8igBmPk

1hr 26 in Mullet. In fairness its not certain it was the bag. the lawyer was implying it was

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm 

"keep the chin up you wonderful young woman"

:|

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/rugby-rape-trial-texts-between-alleged-victim-and-rory-harrison-heard-as-accuser-says-she-has-no-complaint-against-him-36582074.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 pm 

By all accounts he is a very sound chap and he was pissed.

I’ll wait to hear his evidence but I could guess what she was in hysterics to him over.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:09 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Neither have i but i'll try and find the youtube link. It was on off the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7l8igBmPk

1hr 26 in Mullet. In fairness its not certain it was the bag. the lawyer was implying it was

Interesting. There are only so many times you can say “I can’t recall” or “I don’t know” when someone picks holes in a story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 pm 

Blackrock Bullet wrote:

I’ll wait to hear his evidence but I could guess what she was in hysterics to him over.

Seems he couldn't

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Seems he couldn't

It seems she texted Harrison the day after, saying it was non-consensual.

The judge and jury are visiting Jackson's house today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:27 pm 

JoeMangled wrote:

It's a cunning attempt at the shoulder to cry on ride.

i'll give him that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:35 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

It's a cunning attempt at the shoulder to cry on ride.

i'll give him that.

There should be a charge against that. Shocking attempt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:36 pm 

You have to hand it to men.

He was still trying to hit that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:37 pm 

m'lady

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 pm 

I think this testimony is going to be the key one, I’m guessing in favour of the defendants.

http://www.thejournal.ie/jackson-olding ... 6-Feb2018/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:13 pm 

If Jackson is innocent, his accuser should face a longgggg time behind bars.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm 

Flametop wrote:
I think this testimony is going to be the key one, I’m guessing in favour of the defendants.

That's a fairly positive report for the two lads.

She is saying Jackson raped her at least twice. He is saying he only fingered her. That's a stark difference, can either be proved?

Am I the only one thinking that they could be back playing rugby in Ireland *if* they are completely exonerated?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 pm 

JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

She is saying Jackson raped her at least twice. He is saying he only fingered her. That's a stark difference, can either be proved?

Am I the only one thinking that they could be back playing rugby in Ireland *if* they are completely exonerated?

Yep. The comments in the WhatsApp are too damaging

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm 

JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

I would hope they could, both would add hugely to Ulster while both could have roles to play with Ireland.

However, they've been found guilty by the court of public opinion already so the likelihood of it happening is near zero.

How do charges work in Ireland? Can a lesser charge be applied - e.g. sexual assault for the fingering - if it was found to be without consent?

Or is that a new trial as a new charge?

KG

JoeMangled wrote:

https://twitter.com/FrankGreaney/status ... 6221154307

#FingerThrusting

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

They really aren't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

They really aren't.

I tend to agree. They were private messages of shitetalk between a bunch of hungover spas. Assuming they didn't actually gang rape someone and thought everything was consensual.

Anyway, getting ahead of myself. Wait and see.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 pm 

englishchief wrote:
If Jackson is innocent, his accuser should face a longgggg time behind bars.

Why?

earl the beaver wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

They really aren't.

They really are. It would benefit Ulster massively i agree and i also understand that the same or similar comments would be found on a lot of players phones but we are too far gone on this one. Short of the girl breaking down and confessing she made everything up i just dont see it.

earl the beaver wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

They really aren't.

you would read them about your sister/daughter and think "that's cool" would you? because that's the tack the prosecution will take with them

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm 

I don’t think this should have made court.

The initial prosecution statement I felt was weak, away from the moral indignation about a bunch of men behaving like lads, it was quite poor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 pm 

JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

It still doesn’t make sense though, there’s a reporter on twitter live tweeting from the case i’ve been following

Someone has said Olding wasn’t in the room
Jackson said he never penetrated the woman
The witness who walked in said Olding was in the room and that Jackson was penetrating her

There is a lot of loopholes in both sides of the story that need ironed out

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:31 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

It still doesn’t make sense though, there’s a reporter on twitter live tweeting from the case i’ve been following

The witness who walked in said Olding was in the room and that Jackson was penetrating her

her message is consistent if short on detail, the two guys and their "star" witness directly contradict each other, it depends on who the Jury believe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:31 pm 

Olding, per McIlroy’s version, wasn’t in the room when he went in. I have not read it been said that Olding wasn’t there when the other woman walked in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
They really are. It would benefit Ulster massively i agree and i also understand that the same or similar comments would be found on a lot of players phones but we are too far gone on this one. Short of the girl breaking down and confessing she made everything up i just dont see it.

I think there’s too much of a family atmosphere around Ulster to let them back in, if they are guilty. Plus you need to factor in if the IRFU want to keep them around, how sponsers feel having them promote their brand as well as if they themselves even want to stick around. The best thing for them would be, if innocent, to cut ties and go get a nice paycheck in England or France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm 

Witchfinder General wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
Flametop wrote:

her message is consistent if short on detail, the two guys and their "star" witness directly contradict each other, it depends on who the Jury believe

It’s short on detail and there seems to have been details added in throughout the case. The fact another two girls were outside the room when it happened and didn’t seem to be concerned is quite telling

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
I don’t think this should have made court.

The initial prosecution statement I felt was weak, away from the moral indignation about a bunch of men behaving like lads, it was quite poor.

I would say the opposite. Not a strong case, but there is rarely a "smoking gun" in these situations. The early disclosure and evidence of a victims distress are often enough to take to trial to test the credibility of both sides under cross examination. The content of the Whatsapp messages would also be seen as a good reflection of the defendants attitutde towards the incident. The fact that the players versions appear very much at odds is also very strange.

She appears ot have been very consistent in her version of events where they appear all over the shop. Never a good place to be.

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

I think there’s too much of a family atmosphere around Ulster to let them back in, if they are guilty. Plus you need to factor in if the IRFU want to keep them around, how sponsers feel having them promote their brand as well as if they themselves even want to stick around. The best thing for them would be, if innocent, to cut ties and go get a nice paycheck in England or France

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:35 pm 

Flametop wrote:

I would say the exact opposite surely?

Jackson has denied riding her and the witness saw him.

They’re toast.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next