Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23187
I thought it would be useful to have a thread for those Guardian articles, particularly opinion pieces, were not batshit crazy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -111307857


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30775
Location: Chickenrunning...
"Everyone is offended by everything. It’s exhausting."

Amen Sister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 47025
Mick Mannock wrote:
I thought it would be useful to have a thread for those Guardian articles, particularly opinion pieces, were not batshit crazy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -111307857


Nice of you to link to the particular comment you posted...!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40393
Location: Dublin
JM2K6 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
I thought it would be useful to have a thread for those Guardian articles, particularly opinion pieces, were not batshit crazy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -111307857


Nice of you to link to the particular comment you posted...!

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23187
iarmhiman wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
I thought it would be useful to have a thread for those Guardian articles, particularly opinion pieces, were not batshit crazy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -111307857


Nice of you to link to the particular comment you posted...!

:lol:


I am nothing if not egotistical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3350
I wonder if they are starting to realise that they are the baddies, and that they are the source of increasing division in our societies, not the spectre of fascism, which they have almost entirely fabricated, and which almost nobody wants.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7207
pontifex wrote:
I wonder if they are starting to realise that they are the baddies, and that they are the source of increasing division in our societies, not the spectre of fascism, which they have almost entirely fabricated, and which almost nobody wants.


Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3350
Yes, that was my reference. Even despite the zealotry of the media in prosecuting the (very saleable) outrage industry, they have to eventually understand that constant divisive propaganda will, well, divide society. My worry is that they do understand the consequences of what they're doing. I mean, how could they not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15564
I like the main thrust of the article but this bit bothers me - "I do not have the luxury of campaigning against battery farming when my people are being shot in the back by the Los Angeles police department"

I wonder who her people are. Women? Gays? Blacks? DJs? Journalists? People with tattoos?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46946
Location: In the Centre/left wing
iarmhiman wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
I thought it would be useful to have a thread for those Guardian articles, particularly opinion pieces, were not batshit crazy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -111307857


Nice of you to link to the particular comment you posted...!

:lol:

Ireland's Call multi :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5162
Good article, and well done Ashley Charles for writing it. Anyone else feel a slight wind change of late?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14342
Location: XPAT CUNT
I like the guardian.

It's free.

Their rugby coverage is pretty good.

They do some good long read articles about random (non political) shit.

Their columnists and comment is free section is usually daft, but I never read opinion pieces anyway, and I generally just skim the headlines, unless something is particularly interesting, when I'll get multiple sources.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3350
Man In Black wrote:
Good article, and well done Ashley Charles for writing it. Anyone else feel a slight wind change of late?

Alas, not really. I see more doubling down than attempts to compromise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2497
1 page


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 6512
pontifex wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
Good article, and well done Ashley Charles for writing it. Anyone else feel a slight wind change of late?

Alas, not really. I see more doubling down than attempts to compromise.


It will probably get worse for a while yet as non-outrage is a prompt for outrage too as Taylor Swift has found.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3350
Santa wrote:
pontifex wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
Good article, and well done Ashley Charles for writing it. Anyone else feel a slight wind change of late?

Alas, not really. I see more doubling down than attempts to compromise.


It will probably get worse for a while yet as non-outrage is a prompt for outrage too as Taylor Swift has found.

Yep. 1 or 2 articles in one of the main pushers of the divisive agenda may suggest that a handful of people are coming to their senses, but is not evidence that the phenomenon is at or past its peak. People need to push back against claims, made by the peddlers of division, that they are the 'good' guys. They aren't. They are quite clearly the bad actors in our societies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14342
Location: XPAT CUNT
I found myself nodding in agreement with this

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/jan/31/hylas-and-the-nymphs-jw--waterhouse-why-have-mildly-erotic-nymphs-been-removed-from-a-manchester-gallery-is-picasso-next


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saner Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10071
Location: Roodepoort
Sandstorm wrote:
"Everyone is offended by everything. It’s exhausting."

Amen Sister




I am offended by this thread.


#StopAllHastags


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bert, Bing [Bot], Bokkom, Cartman, Chilky, Diego, earl the beaver, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhooker, Jeff the Bear, Jensrsa, julian, La soule, Olo, P in VG, piquant, Podge, Raggs, Richie McCaw, willmac, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group