Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
not talking about the dearly missed F2V, Bulldog and Svaran, and the other one with the heart problem (kiwi?) I've forgotten the name of

I just mean, there are lots of posters that have fallen by the wayside, that nobody knows anything about. Am sure that nearly 100% are fine, but can't help wondering there may be the odd poster who was decently thought of at the time, that has died, and we don't know about it.
that makes me sad :(

just flipping to the last (1978) page on this forum and glancing at the posters there in 2012, there are lots that have not posted for a few years


so, just in case, FHHD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13234
Location: Coalfalls
backrow wrote:
not talking about the dearly missed F2V, Bulldog and Svaran, and the other one with the heart problem (kiwi?) I've forgotten the name of

I just mean, there are lots of posters that have fallen by the wayside, that nobody knows anything about. Am sure that nearly 100% are fine, but can't help wondering there may be the odd poster who was decently thought of at the time, that has died, and we don't know about it.
that makes me sad :(

just flipping to the last (1978) page on this forum and glancing at the posters there in 2012, there are lots that have not posted for a few years


so, just in case, FHHD


Poor effort for not making this a poll with number ranges.

Anyway, I'm going for 32.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 46113
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Hard to believe jerpy wouldn't have stopped by at least once if he were still kicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6683
Did fruitand2veg eventually expire? Those were some posts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 9096
And yet Sefton lives.

There's no justice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
slick wrote:
Did fruitand2veg eventually expire? Those were some posts


he did sadly, someone who knew his real name / knew him in real life, found the obituary.

Cancer can do one tbf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 46113
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
backrow wrote:
Cancer can do one tbf


+1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40662
He is not a member of this elite company but a member of my rugby club died last week from lung cancer. He did not smoke and was only 42.

Cancer sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6605
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 793
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6683
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel
.


That might account for some of the, errm, inconsistences I guess


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6605
slick wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel
.


That might account for some of the, errm, inconsistences I guess

Interference from the spirits, you mean?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18195
There was one guy who had a stroke, I can remember his daughter came on to post. Villagesumner or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6387
Image

KG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46685
Location: Oundle
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9252
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.


Sounds like Gabriel the local Oundle prostitute and you have a loyalty card.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6387
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


Globus is religious - more explanation.
KG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


mate, doubt you are getting upstairs seeing as you have more than a few mortal sins on your blotter already
divorce
lying
euthanasia of those platoons of aunts you had
lying
unjust prices
did I mention the lying ?

I'd be fine were it not for the masturbation & adultery & fornication & the pornography


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5758
Kiwias wrote:
He is not a member of this elite company but a member of my rugby club died last week from lung cancer. He did not smoke and was only 42.

Cancer sucks

My wife's cousin, a nurse, died of lung cancer at 29. A slight cough at Christmas and she didn't last until Easter!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6387
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


mate, doubt you are getting upstairs seeing as you have more than a few mortal sins on your blotter already
divorce
lying
euthanasia of those platoons of aunts you had
lying
unjust prices
did I mention the lying ?

I'd be fine were it not for the masturbation & adultery & fornication & the pornography


Adultery .. you may wish to delete that one.
KG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
kiwigreg369 wrote:
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


mate, doubt you are getting upstairs seeing as you have more than a few mortal sins on your blotter already
divorce
lying
euthanasia of those platoons of aunts you had
lying
unjust prices
did I mention the lying ?

I'd be fine were it not for the masturbation & adultery & fornication & the pornography


Adultery .. you may wish to delete that one.
KG


was before I met my wife so don't really have anything to hide nowadays.
decorating tartan pyjamas isn't a mortal sin, I just checked.

is it still adultery if you are single, and you bang a married lady ? I mean, I wasn't being adulterous, she was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6387
backrow wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


mate, doubt you are getting upstairs seeing as you have more than a few mortal sins on your blotter already
divorce
lying
euthanasia of those platoons of aunts you had
lying
unjust prices
did I mention the lying ?

I'd be fine were it not for the masturbation & adultery & fornication & the pornography


Adultery .. you may wish to delete that one.
KG


was before I met my wife so don't really have anything to hide nowadays.
decorating tartan pyjamas isn't a mortal sin, I just checked.

is it still adultery if you are single, and you bang a married lady ? I mean, I wasn't being adulterous, she was.


Then you didn't commit adultery ... i'm sure Mrs Yeeb will understand (it's the south african way)
KG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
phew, I'm down to just the 3 mortal sins then, meaning I'm on a shorter route in than Globus through the pearly gates.

if you haven't done any of the sins for a while, do they sort of drop off, similar to points on your driving licence ?
kind of a moot point as suspect I wouldn't last a day without checking out some spitroasting milf action on my iphone or similar..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 5359
Don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46685
Location: Oundle
I confess all my sins. Oddly enough, lying isn't one of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20837
Are we counting those who have died inside?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33836
Location: Hut 8
Does brain dead count?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4534
Two I can think of, who both had heart attacks, came back for a short time and haven't been seen since.
One was an Australian, Dame Clive, the other a South African whose name was Rugga..... He took some great wild life photos and then disappeared.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
globus wrote:
I confess all my sins. Oddly enough, lying isn't one of them.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37518
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


I doubt the people of Oundle would agree with that after the fiasco with the council.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9622
Location: Roodepoort
Petros wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
He is not a member of this elite company but a member of my rugby club died last week from lung cancer. He did not smoke and was only 42.

Cancer sucks

My wife's cousin, a nurse, died of lung cancer at 29. A slight cough at Christmas and she didn't last until Easter!




My father-in-law was feeling a bit meh. He looked perfectly fine.

Doctor gave him a B12 injection, told him if he's not feeling better in a week's time he needs to come back.

A week later, still feeling meh, doctor refers him to doctor in Bloemfontein (the local doctor they had could basically diagnose flu, stomach bugs and pregnancy). Doc in Bloemfontein decides to keep him overnight to run some tests, and so that he won't have to drive the 120km odd back to his little town - just stay over instead.

Results comes back, shows nothing, so more tests. Booked in for another 2 days. Next day he's feeling rather ill. Next day gone.

Two days after his death, results come back: lung cancer which has already spread to liver and other vital organs, as well as beginning stages of Alzheimer's.

Although a heavy smoker since the age of 14, right to the end he had a typical "smoker's cough" and that's it. Not even noticeable memory losses.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9622
Location: Roodepoort
Oh and we had a boredie who got hit by a truck whilst changing a flat tyre.

Wife came on to inform us.

If memory serves her name was MaryMag. Boredie was Nazareth_Coog or somesuch.


Last edited by troglodiet on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46685
Location: Oundle
iarmhiman wrote:
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


I doubt the people of Oundle would agree with that after the fiasco with the council.

You'd be totally wrong about that. Don't believe all that is posted on Facebook (which I detest).

People have rallied round once the truth leaked out. Any many detractors deleted their posts. I have the originals though, thanks to my stepson.

Suddenly it became very quiet..................


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
globus wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


I doubt the people of Oundle would agree with that after the fiasco with the council.

You'd be totally wrong about that. Don't believe all that is posted on Facebook (which I detest).

People have rallied round once the truth leaked out. Any many detractors deleted their posts. I have the originals though, thanks to my stepson.

Suddenly it became very quiet..................


I somehow doubt that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46685
Location: Oundle
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


I doubt the people of Oundle would agree with that after the fiasco with the council.

You'd be totally wrong about that. Don't believe all that is posted on Facebook (which I detest).

People have rallied round once the truth leaked out. Any many detractors deleted their posts. I have the originals though, thanks to my stepson.

Suddenly it became very quiet..................


I somehow doubt that

Of course you have inside information. Do spill the beans or just stop pestering me. I suppose it does keep your post count up. I'd still regard your pathetic attempts at put-downs as lacking quality.

I expect you are just bored again.

Be amusing to take you on in a swordfight. I'd bring a gun, if I were you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
I will post as I like !



etc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 46113
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5004
Location: Republic of Cape Town
Fangle wrote:
Two I can think of, who both had heart attacks, came back for a short time and haven't been seen since.
One was an Australian, Dame Clive, the other a South African whose name was Rugga..... He took some great wild life photos and then disappeared.


Ruggafan

His last post was in Oct 2017, so it looks like he is still kicking around and just lurking.

He had some good rallies with Ox Wagon which were quite enjoyable.

Looks like the Boks and the Bulls haven't driven him to another heart attack just yet.


Last edited by Blake on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18195
globus wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

I'm on reasonably good terms with Gabriel. Negotiating a deal to get me a fast pass through the gates of heaven, while other posters have to queue.

The nearest some will get is on a tranatlantic flight.


There's no such thing as an afterlife, and if there was you'd be going to hell because of all the lies you told.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40210
Gwenno wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Globus is posting from beyond the grave.

He is very big with the man upstairs.

And that is why there is a gap between each line.

Each message has to be translated by an angel.

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillW, Bing [Bot], CrazyIslander, ElementFreak, frillage, Jay Cee Gee, Laszlo, mrbrownstone, Thomas, UncleFB and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group