Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
Im generally very forgiving but if someone crosses me in a major way ..like stealing $20k from me or king hits me I find it very hard to get over even if I know their apologies are genuine. I could hold a grudge forever.

Compare that to a couple of guys I know. One is still with his wife after he found out she cheated on him. That was 20 yrs ago. The other mate was conned by a car dealer "friend" for a $20k car. Both these incidences happened 20-10yrs ago and those guys are two of the happiest/care free people you'd hope to see. In my experience I still hold a grudge (secretly) against my FiL for an insulting speech on my wedding day, 11 yrs ago.

Forgiveness seems to be liberating to those who can.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5174
Did you want to fight your father in law a few years ago? That was pretty weird.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
Man In Black wrote:
Did you want to fight your father in law a few years ago? That was pretty weird.

I want to fight my FiL now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
I do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11095
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7302
I haven't forgiven Vortigern for inviting the Saxons to help defend Britain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

Imprisoned in St Valery Sur Somme.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 11246
Location: Donegal
People say life's too short to hold a grudge.
I think it's just long enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
Gwenno wrote:
I haven't forgiven Vortigern for inviting the Saxons to help defend Britain.


Possibly one of the best picts for a forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.

Like my mum and dad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5174
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2350
In the immortal words of Joe Stalin "forgive but never forget"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19314
Witchfinder General wrote:
In the immortal words of Joe Stalin "forgive but never forget"


This

Only really suffered from lending money to help others and then not getting it back - I see it as a cheap way of ensuring they don’t bug me in future for anything , as they lurch from one poor life decision to another.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31546
Location: Chickenrunning...
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.


Ask Oxbot about how Mallet treated his beloved Gary Teichman. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31546
Location: Chickenrunning...
Witchfinder General wrote:
In the immortal words of Joe Stalin "forgive but never forget"


Or every woman out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

National grievances?
I remember as kid back in Tonga in the late 80s. I lived in the main town or capital ( 3 rugby clubs) in one of the island groups. There was a game between one of our teams and a team from the rural areas. It was a violent game, the rural team had come to fight. Anyway it ended up with one of their players doing a running/flying karate kick on the face of one of ours. Our local team walked off the field. But the whole town across the 3 clubs felt insulted coz of these rural types coming to town doing that to us. Who do they think they are? Anyway, one of the clubs got him back that same season season. However that animosity still exists today. Whenever some cvnt from that village says something we all tell him/her STFU.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.

Umaga had redemption but I can't forgive with Cullen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
Sandstorm wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.


Ask Oxbot about how Mallet treated his beloved Gary Teichman. :uhoh:

Yup. I don't hate Mallet coz I'm not saffa but it still baffles me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11095
CrazyIslander wrote:
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

National grievances?
I remember as kid back in Tonga in the late 80s. I lived in the main town or capital ( 3 rugby clubs) in one of the island groups. There was a game between one of our teams and a team from the rural areas. It was a violent game, the rural team had come to fight. Anyway it ended up with one of their players doing a running/flying karate kick on the face of one of ours. Our local team walked off the field. But the whole town across the 3 clubs felt insulted coz of these rural types coming to town doing that to us. Who do they think they are? Anyway, one of the clubs got him back that same season season. However that animosity still exists today. Whenever some cvnt from that village says something we all tell him/her STFU.


That sounds like a normal weekend in the south of France. At least when I was younger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.

Like my mum and dad.

It's a good way to be. Personally I do have people I need to forgive. It's that I dont get on with them, it's that derp inside I cant get rid of the anger/spite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17817
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.


+1

Also, I can't forgive Seneca for calling my bones dark. I'm going to cut him hard for that if he ever dares to come back to my town.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.

Like my mum and dad.

It's a good way to be. Personally I do have people I need to forgive. It's that I dont get on with them, it's that derp inside I cant get rid of the anger/spite.

Try working, totally unpaid, in local government!

We have now to fund filling potholes here. There's a lot of them and the natives are restless.

However the local garage is thriving. They are repairing failed suspensions by the tons and have had to take on more mechanics.

You really cannot make this up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
La soule wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

National grievances?
I remember as kid back in Tonga in the late 80s. I lived in the main town or capital ( 3 rugby clubs) in one of the island groups. There was a game between one of our teams and a team from the rural areas. It was a violent game, the rural team had come to fight. Anyway it ended up with one of their players doing a running/flying karate kick on the face of one of ours. Our local team walked off the field. But the whole town across the 3 clubs felt insulted coz of these rural types coming to town doing that to us. Who do they think they are? Anyway, one of the clubs got him back that same season season. However that animosity still exists today. Whenever some cvnt from that village says something we all tell him/her STFU.


That sounds like a normal weekend in the south of France. At least when I was younger.

France has city vs rural hate too?
It was the injury or the disrespect or the emasculation of blokes walking off the pitch. It was the fact the we know/think that they're laughing at us. Having a drink and acting out how they karate kick our face. And laughing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19314
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.

Like my mum and dad.

It's a good way to be. Personally I do have people I need to forgive. It's that I dont get on with them, it's that derp inside I cant get rid of the anger/spite.

Try working, totally unpaid, in local government!

We have now to fund filling potholes here. There's a lot of them and the natives are restless.

However the local garage is thriving. They are repairing failed suspensions by the tons and have had to take on more mechanics.

You really cannot make this up.


and yet you do, frequently


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
Getting to be very repetitive Yeeb.

Get a Thesaurus and a life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10635
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.

Like my mum and dad.

It's a good way to be. Personally I do have people I need to forgive. It's that I dont get on with them, it's that derp inside I cant get rid of the anger/spite.

Try working, totally unpaid, in local government!

We have now to fund filling potholes here. There's a lot of them and the natives are restless.

However the local garage is thriving. They are repairing failed suspensions by the tons and have had to take on more mechanics.

You really cannot make this up.

Thread number 10234382525 ruined by this twat

Mods can lock this one up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:23 pm
Posts: 608
I don't hold grudges against people, but then i don't think anything has happened to me to warrant bearing a grudge, luckily.

I've got no problem severing ties with someone though. It's not a case of holding any ill will against them, it's just a decision to move on and exclude someone from my life who is having a net negative impact on it.

A relatively recent example was my best man. He was always a bit self centred, but we were great friends at one point. As time went by he became more and more flaky and selfish and always wanted things on his terms. I asked him to be my best man and he was better for a while after that, but then just reverted to his old self. In the end, I just got fed up of being let down and taken for granted and stopped contacting him.

I get snippets of info about him every now and then and I wish him well, but just didn't want to continue trying to make the friendship work.

Shame, but that's life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
mikeyboy123 wrote:
I don't hold grudges against people, but then i don't think anything has happened to me to warrant bearing a grudge, luckily.

I've got no problem severing ties with someone though. It's not a case of holding any ill will against them, it's just a decision to move on and exclude someone from my life who is having a net negative impact on it.


A relatively recent example was my best man. He was always a bit self centred, but we were great friends at one point. As time went by he became more and more flaky and selfish and always wanted things on his terms. I asked him to be my best man and he was better for a while after that, but then just reverted to his old self. In the end, I just got fed up of being let down and taken for granted and stopped contacting him.

I get snippets of info about him every now and then and I wish him well, but just didn't want to continue trying to make the friendship work.

Shame, but that's life.

Isn't that a grudge. It's the same for me hence the thread. I haven't cut off him FiL but I dont talk to him one on one, pretty much only if it cannot be avoided. Obviously a totall cut off cannot happen coz I'm married to his daughter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17817
Severing... life... cut... cut... blood spurt :uhoh:


Last edited by RuggaBugga on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20961
Ian Botham and Ian Chappell still hold a grudge to this day. What caused it I don't know as they have their own version of events probably under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol.

Quote:
In my experience I still hold a grudge (secretly) against my FiL for an insulting speech on my wedding day, 11 yrs ago.


You will have to give us some information about what was said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19314
globus wrote:
Getting to be very repetitive Yeeb.

Get a Thesaurus and a life.


Parklife ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4952
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
It's tougher to forgive, in my opinion. It's easier to hold on to a grudge.
I admire people who can forgive and move on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
100MileDad wrote:
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?

Coz they'll emasculated me. At least here I know I'm more manly than 50% of posters (maybe 35%) except Jeff the Bear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
Miguel Indurain wrote:
It's tougher to forgive, in my opinion. It's easier to hold on to a grudge.
I admire people who can forgive and move on.

Exactly. +10000. This.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19314
CrazyIslander wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?

Coz they'll emasculated me. At least here I know I'm more manly than 50% of posters (maybe 35%) except Jeff the Bear.


and "Iron Mike" Mog McFighty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49768
Location: Oundle
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
Getting to be very repetitive Yeeb.

Get a Thesaurus and a life.


Parklife ?

Repetitive, Yeeb, again.

Try not to replicate posts others have put about me.

Find a new way. I'm streets ahead of you and you appear to be in a cul-de-sac.

Kerb this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31864
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
globus wrote:
I do.

You've got a very thick skin and seems the kind of poster who can take it, like water off a duck's back. Don't know about you in real life though.

Like my mum and dad.

It's a good way to be. Personally I do have people I need to forgive. It's that I dont get on with them, it's that derp inside I cant get rid of the anger/spite.



Normal.
Some people have the knack to raise one's hackles. Every time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15059
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Ian Botham and Ian Chappell still hold a grudge to this day. What caused it I don't know as they have their own version of events probably under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol.

Quote:
In my experience I still hold a grudge (secretly) against my FiL for an insulting speech on my wedding day, 11 yrs ago.


You will have to give us some information about what was said.

Ok, translated from Tongan.
"I'm so happy that my daughter married him coz he has no courage. In fact, he told me he'll take on our surname."
"A family should be with God, (looks at me and shouts) do you want your family to be with God. Listen to me."
To his daughter
"I implore you, dont leave your husband if you find someone better."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArnoldVDH, beastofbrum, Beaver_Shark, Blake, Boomslang, Bowtie, comets, diarm, FullbackAce, Google Adsense [Bot], Gospel, grubberkick, I like haggis, JB1981, Jeff the Bear, Joost, Laurent, Leffe, lorcanoworms, maxbox, message #2527204, mr bungle, mr flaps, Mr. Very Popular, New guy, Nolanator, not_english, openclashXX, Plato'sCave, Southernscot, tabascoboy, Theflier, Turbogoat, unionfan, Wilson's Toffee, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group