Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm 

globus wrote:
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
Getting to be very repetitive Yeeb.

Get a Thesaurus and a life.

Parklife ?

Repetitive, Yeeb, again.

Try not to replicate posts others have put about me.

Find a new way. I'm streets ahead of you and you appear to be in a cul-de-sac.

Kerb this.

I will post as I like, Rhino hide

I only repeat in reaction to your repetitive, Omni present, self aggrandising, boring, inconsistent, largely irrelevant, and increasingly unlikely anecdotes. You seem sort of like the weird kid in the playground who is repeatedly told 'go away we don't like you', only to hand round even more. For someone as successful and rich and experienced, you don't half seem to waste a lot of time on here sprouting utter bollocks, why don't you go give the Management a nice back rub or something more useful & plausible ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm 

I'm going to forgive Yeeb. In the next few years or so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm 

backrow wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?

Coz they'll emasculated me. At least here I know I'm more manly than 50% of posters (maybe 35%) except Jeff the Bear.

and "Iron Mike" Mog McFighty

I'll back Mog all the way you cvnt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:38 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Witchfinder General wrote:
In the immortal words of Joe Stalin "forgive but never forget"

Or every woman out there.

and elephants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:50 pm 

I gave my sister in law a mini bollocking for being a whiny, demanding little bitch two years ago.

She was staying with us for the last week and it was icy. I'm open to talking to her, no problems there, but I can't see her ever dropping this.

As she was leaving she said goodbye to the dog, my son who was in my arms and just blanked me going out the door. Harsh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:55 pm 

Rumham wrote:
I gave my sister in law a mini bollocking for being a whiny, demanding little bitch two years ago.

She was staying with us for the last week and it was icy. I'm open to talking to her, no problems there, but I can't see her ever dropping this.

As she was leaving she said goodbye to the dog, my son who was in my arms and just blanked me going out the door. Harsh.

Wow. Two such incidents happened over Christmas.
Wife's cousins (two sisters) had a huge falling out but they always do.
My sister said a few things to me which pissed me off but I kept it quiet. I still talk to her but I've got over it. In fact it wont be easy. Forgive but never forget etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:57 pm 

Rumham wrote:

she wants to ride you :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:58 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
backrow wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?

Coz they'll emasculated me. At least here I know I'm more manly than 50% of posters (maybe 35%) except Jeff the Bear.

and "Iron Mike" Mog McFighty

I'll back Mog all the way you cvnt.

Mog would pimp slap yeeb so hard his eyes would go uncrossed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm 

SASP wrote:
People say life's too short to hold a grudge.
I think it's just long enough.

:lol: :lol: very good

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:01 pm 

nope, he's a short dumpy beardy who thinks 1 lesson makes him Bret Hart at wrestling - I've offered to fight him, and he declined, as he's a wuss. :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm 

Openside wrote:
SASP wrote:
People say life's too short to hold a grudge.
I think it's just long enough.

:lol: :lol: very good

:lol: :lol:
I am generally the forgiving type - I've got 4 sons after all - but I like that and will use it too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm 

I've recently let go of a long term "grudge" with my old best mate. We hang around with the same group of lads we have been mates with since school, so was a very awkward 5 or 6 years. We came to blows on a couple of occasions, ignored each other in group situations, tried to avoid inviting each other to things etc.

It's very, very liberating, best thing I've done for years. Things pretty close to being back to how it was.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Ian Botham and Ian Chappell still hold a grudge to this day. What caused it I don't know as they have their own version of events probably under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol.

Quote:
In my experience I still hold a grudge (secretly) against my FiL for an insulting speech on my wedding day, 11 yrs ago.

You will have to give us some information about what was said.

Ok, translated from Tongan.
"I'm so happy that my daughter married him coz he has no courage. In fact, he told me he'll take on our surname."
"A family should be with God, (looks at me and shouts) do you want your family to be with God. Listen to me."
To his daughter
"I implore you, dont leave your husband if you find someone better."

Sounds like a right plum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 pm 

slick wrote:
I've recently let go of a long term "grudge" with my old best mate. We hang around with the same group of lads we have been mates with since school, so was a very awkward 5 or 6 years. We came to blows on a couple of occasions, ignored each other in group situations, tried to avoid inviting each other to things etc.

It's very, very liberating, best thing I've done for years. Things pretty close to being back to how it was.

I see it as the promise land for most damaged relationships. It's funny that it's our own selves that's the obstacle. How well do we know ourselves? Would we recognise ourselves in a crowd? I doubt it. I think 99% of the time we look outwards. What happens when we look back?
Frightening is one word.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:55 pm 

I'm not sure I could forgive someone who didn't really give a shit. I think forgive if they "repent" (can't think of a better term).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:05 pm 

Rowdy wrote:
I'm not sure I could forgive someone who didn't really give a shit. I think forgive if they "repent" (can't think of a better term).

Repentance can be so cheap coz they don't pay the price their victims paid.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm 

I'm very forgiving to a certain point. Once that point has been reached the only way I am letting go of that grudge is to serve an ice cold dish of revenge. Since I believe an eye for an eye leaves the world blind though I'm carrying a lot of anger and bitterness. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm 

I find it hard to hold a grudge longer than a few hours, I'm sure there's things I wouldn't be able to forgive but nothing I've encountered yet. Came across this quote a while back which I think sums up the situation people find themselves in when holding a grudge:

Quote:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:16 pm 

Kahu wrote:
I'm very forgiving to a certain point. Once that point has been reached the only way I am letting go of that grudge is to serve an ice cold dish of revenge. Since I believe an eye for an eye leaves the world blind though I'm carrying a lot of anger and bitterness. :lol:

Can I introduce you to the New Testament?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 pm 

I have read the new testament a couple of times and I feel that is part of why I am forgiving as what I am. The thing is if you keep forgiving those who do you wrong they tend to mistake your kindness for weakness and continue to attempt to exploit it. Right now I'm pretty close to ending a long friendship because I can no longer tolerate my friend's actions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:30 pm 

CM11 wrote:
I find it hard to hold a grudge longer than a few hours, I'm sure there's things I wouldn't be able to forgive but nothing I've encountered yet. Came across this quote a while back which I think sums up the situation people find themselves in when holding a grudge:

Quote:

So true man. I think most people agree on this buuuutttttt... how can you eliminate that anger from your heart? Buddhism? Hindi? Christianity?
I'm Christian, all my life. I cant beat my own hate. It's not scientific is it? I actually believe Jesus is the answer. I can see the path. I can measure, photograph and count it. I'm at the start!!.. but I can't seem to step forward. Is it because I'm weak or strong? Weak that I can't control my feelings or strong that I'm steadfast? I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 pm 

Location: The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead..Peasants..
Have recently dropped a previous emplyer in the shit big time with Customs and Excise, he had a no brew enforcement order on him at my old brewery, he kept me brewing, I kept all brew logs and sales on a stick. ..Nuff said, bloke was a twunt of the highest order...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.

Ask Oxbot about how Mallet treated his beloved Gary Teichman. :uhoh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just see his florid face flushing reading that...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:58 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Quote:

So true man. I think most people agree on this buuuutttttt... how can you eliminate that anger from your heart? Buddhism? Hindi? Christianity?
I'm Christian, all my life. I cant beat my own hate. It's not scientific is it? I actually believe Jesus is the answer. I can see the path. I can measure, photograph and count it. I'm at the start!!.. but I can't seem to step forward. Is it because I'm weak or strong? Weak that I can't control my feelings or strong that I'm steadfast? I don't know.

Don't know. I was brought up Catholic, educated by the Jesuits, and I'm now agnostic at best. I just think most people are good and mistakes happen. But I've lived a sheltered life if I'm being honest and I can't say I've been exposed to many hard to forgive situations.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.

Ask Oxbot about how Mallet treated his beloved Gary Teichman. :uhoh:

I can just see his florid face flushing reading that...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:04 pm 

globus wrote:
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

Imprisoned in St Valery Sur Somme.

But you redeemed yourselves for taking care of the little napoleon fvcker :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 pm 

lexpat wrote:
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

Imprisoned in St Valery Sur Somme.

But you redeemed yourselves for taking care of the little napoleon fvcker :thumbup:

Nah. Good bloke.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:56 pm 

I forgive the New Zealand nation for their lack of repentence and collective responsibility for the pre meditated off the ball assault on BOD

I will never forget their communal monumental waaaaaaa of hypocrisy at a much milder tackle on Richie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:15 pm 

You should forgive your FIL CI. Rise above It, be the bigger man etc. My in laws are always being plums but I just accept it and largely ignore it. It keeps the peace and keeps my wife happy. Getting offended and argumentative wouldn't be good for anybody.

Just my 2 cents. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:23 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
mikeyboy123 wrote:
I don't hold grudges against people, but then i don't think anything has happened to me to warrant bearing a grudge, luckily.

I've got no problem severing ties with someone though. It's not a case of holding any ill will against them, it's just a decision to move on and exclude someone from my life who is having a net negative impact on it.

A relatively recent example was my best man. He was always a bit self centred, but we were great friends at one point. As time went by he became more and more flaky and selfish and always wanted things on his terms. I asked him to be my best man and he was better for a while after that, but then just reverted to his old self. In the end, I just got fed up of being let down and taken for granted and stopped contacting him.

I get snippets of info about him every now and then and I wish him well, but just didn't want to continue trying to make the friendship work.

Shame, but that's life.

Isn't that a grudge. It's the same for me hence the thread. I haven't cut off him FiL but I dont talk to him one on one, pretty much only if it cannot be avoided. Obviously a totall cut off cannot happen coz I'm married to his daughter.

I don’t see it as a grudge, but maybe the difference between my situation and yours is that I could just move on whereas you are stuck with you fil. I think of a grudge as being a lasting animosity toward someone and that is certainly not how I feel towards my best man. I wish him well, but I have just left him behind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 pm 

CM11 wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Quote:

Don't know. I was brought up Catholic, educated by the Jesuits, and I'm now agnostic at best. I just think most people are good and mistakes happen. But I've lived a sheltered life if I'm being honest and I can't say I've been exposed to many hard to forgive situations.

Every single word of both of your posts holds true for me as well (even the Jesuits :lol: )

I’m not religious and haven’t been for some time, but I really do believe Christianity gave me the basis to err on the side of forgiveness in virtually all situations.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 pm 

I had quite a grudge against this one guy so I became his best friend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm 

CI,

If you want to be a tad more cynical, you also could say that forgiveness puts the “power” back in your hands (which I believe is kind of the underlying psychological appeal of Christian morality anyway), whereas otherwise he holds the “power” over you by embedding himself in your brain with his douchebaggery. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:48 pm 

mikeyboy123 wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
mikeyboy123 wrote:
I don't hold grudges against people, but then i don't think anything has happened to me to warrant bearing a grudge, luckily.

I've got no problem severing ties with someone though. It's not a case of holding any ill will against them, it's just a decision to move on and exclude someone from my life who is having a net negative impact on it.

A relatively recent example was my best man. He was always a bit self centred, but we were great friends at one point. As time went by he became more and more flaky and selfish and always wanted things on his terms. I asked him to be my best man and he was better for a while after that, but then just reverted to his old self. In the end, I just got fed up of being let down and taken for granted and stopped contacting him.

I get snippets of info about him every now and then and I wish him well, but just didn't want to continue trying to make the friendship work.

Shame, but that's life.

Isn't that a grudge. It's the same for me hence the thread. I haven't cut off him FiL but I dont talk to him one on one, pretty much only if it cannot be avoided. Obviously a totall cut off cannot happen coz I'm married to his daughter.

I don’t see it as a grudge, but maybe the difference between my situation and yours is that I could just move on whereas you are stuck with you fil. I think of a grudge as being a lasting animosity toward someone and that is certainly not how I feel towards my best man. I wish him well, but I have just left him behind.

Yeah, that's not a grudge - you just don't get along with him any longer - so the friendship has ended.

And, just because you forgive someone - it doesn't mean you have to like them or be particularly friendly to them. Especially if they've never really apologised for any hurt they've caused.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 pm 

In 100 years we will all be dead. Nothing is worth holding on to.

Most of the time arseholes get hung by their own stupidity or nastiness anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:01 pm 

Hard to forgive my son’s mother who abandoned her child. Hopefully he will.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm 

I may be a rubbish forumer and swarmist but don’t you dare say it to me, because what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop slagging me off now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Hope you got it. Apart from that have a nice life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:11 pm 

YOYO wrote:
I may be a rubbish forumer and swarmist but don’t you dare say it to me, because what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop slagging me off now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm 

ovalball wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Good luck.

I’m not sure whether I should hunt you down or not. Bit of quandary. I’ll take it as a compliment. :x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next