Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
globus wrote:
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:
Getting to be very repetitive Yeeb.

Get a Thesaurus and a life.


Parklife ?

Repetitive, Yeeb, again.

Try not to replicate posts others have put about me.

Find a new way. I'm streets ahead of you and you appear to be in a cul-de-sac.

Kerb this.


I will post as I like, Rhino hide

I only repeat in reaction to your repetitive, Omni present, self aggrandising, boring, inconsistent, largely irrelevant, and increasingly unlikely anecdotes. You seem sort of like the weird kid in the playground who is repeatedly told 'go away we don't like you', only to hand round even more. For someone as successful and rich and experienced, you don't half seem to waste a lot of time on here sprouting utter bollocks, why don't you go give the Management a nice back rub or something more useful & plausible ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46685
Location: Oundle
I'm going to forgive Yeeb. In the next few years or so.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
backrow wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?

Coz they'll emasculated me. At least here I know I'm more manly than 50% of posters (maybe 35%) except Jeff the Bear.


and "Iron Mike" Mog McFighty

I'll back Mog all the way you cvnt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14518
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK
Sandstorm wrote:
Witchfinder General wrote:
In the immortal words of Joe Stalin "forgive but never forget"


Or every woman out there.


and elephants


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 6111
I gave my sister in law a mini bollocking for being a whiny, demanding little bitch two years ago.

She was staying with us for the last week and it was icy. I'm open to talking to her, no problems there, but I can't see her ever dropping this.

As she was leaving she said goodbye to the dog, my son who was in my arms and just blanked me going out the door. Harsh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
Rumham wrote:
I gave my sister in law a mini bollocking for being a whiny, demanding little bitch two years ago.

She was staying with us for the last week and it was icy. I'm open to talking to her, no problems there, but I can't see her ever dropping this.

As she was leaving she said goodbye to the dog, my son who was in my arms and just blanked me going out the door. Harsh.

Wow. Two such incidents happened over Christmas.
Wife's cousins (two sisters) had a huge falling out but they always do.
My sister said a few things to me which pissed me off but I kept it quiet. I still talk to her but I've got over it. In fact it wont be easy. Forgive but never forget etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
Rumham wrote:
I gave my sister in law a mini bollocking for being a whiny, demanding little bitch two years ago.

She was staying with us for the last week and it was icy. I'm open to talking to her, no problems there, but I can't see her ever dropping this.

As she was leaving she said goodbye to the dog, my son who was in my arms and just blanked me going out the door. Harsh.


she wants to ride you :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11364
CrazyIslander wrote:
backrow wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Why don't you just join Mumsnet and be done with it, CI?

Coz they'll emasculated me. At least here I know I'm more manly than 50% of posters (maybe 35%) except Jeff the Bear.


and "Iron Mike" Mog McFighty

I'll back Mog all the way you cvnt.

Mog would pimp slap yeeb so hard his eyes would go uncrossed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40210
SASP wrote:
People say life's too short to hold a grudge.
I think it's just long enough.

:lol: :lol: very good


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16117
nope, he's a short dumpy beardy who thinks 1 lesson makes him Bret Hart at wrestling - I've offered to fight him, and he declined, as he's a wuss. :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6607
Openside wrote:
SASP wrote:
People say life's too short to hold a grudge.
I think it's just long enough.

:lol: :lol: very good

:lol: :lol:
I am generally the forgiving type - I've got 4 sons after all - but I like that and will use it too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6683
I've recently let go of a long term "grudge" with my old best mate. We hang around with the same group of lads we have been mates with since school, so was a very awkward 5 or 6 years. We came to blows on a couple of occasions, ignored each other in group situations, tried to avoid inviting each other to things etc.

It's very, very liberating, best thing I've done for years. Things pretty close to being back to how it was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2883
CrazyIslander wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Ian Botham and Ian Chappell still hold a grudge to this day. What caused it I don't know as they have their own version of events probably under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol.

Quote:
In my experience I still hold a grudge (secretly) against my FiL for an insulting speech on my wedding day, 11 yrs ago.


You will have to give us some information about what was said.

Ok, translated from Tongan.
"I'm so happy that my daughter married him coz he has no courage. In fact, he told me he'll take on our surname."
"A family should be with God, (looks at me and shouts) do you want your family to be with God. Listen to me."
To his daughter
"I implore you, dont leave your husband if you find someone better."


Sounds like a right plum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
slick wrote:
I've recently let go of a long term "grudge" with my old best mate. We hang around with the same group of lads we have been mates with since school, so was a very awkward 5 or 6 years. We came to blows on a couple of occasions, ignored each other in group situations, tried to avoid inviting each other to things etc.

It's very, very liberating, best thing I've done for years. Things pretty close to being back to how it was.

I see it as the promise land for most damaged relationships. It's funny that it's our own selves that's the obstacle. How well do we know ourselves? Would we recognise ourselves in a crowd? I doubt it. I think 99% of the time we look outwards. What happens when we look back?
Frightening is one word.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2071
I'm not sure I could forgive someone who didn't really give a shit. I think forgive if they "repent" (can't think of a better term).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:05 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
Rowdy wrote:
I'm not sure I could forgive someone who didn't really give a shit. I think forgive if they "repent" (can't think of a better term).

Repentance can be so cheap coz they don't pay the price their victims paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 749
Location: NZ
I'm very forgiving to a certain point. Once that point has been reached the only way I am letting go of that grudge is to serve an ice cold dish of revenge. Since I believe an eye for an eye leaves the world blind though I'm carrying a lot of anger and bitterness. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48349
I find it hard to hold a grudge longer than a few hours, I'm sure there's things I wouldn't be able to forgive but nothing I've encountered yet. Came across this quote a while back which I think sums up the situation people find themselves in when holding a grudge:

Quote:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:16 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
Kahu wrote:
I'm very forgiving to a certain point. Once that point has been reached the only way I am letting go of that grudge is to serve an ice cold dish of revenge. Since I believe an eye for an eye leaves the world blind though I'm carrying a lot of anger and bitterness. :lol:

Can I introduce you to the New Testament?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 749
Location: NZ
I have read the new testament a couple of times and I feel that is part of why I am forgiving as what I am. The thing is if you keep forgiving those who do you wrong they tend to mistake your kindness for weakness and continue to attempt to exploit it. Right now I'm pretty close to ending a long friendship because I can no longer tolerate my friend's actions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
CM11 wrote:
I find it hard to hold a grudge longer than a few hours, I'm sure there's things I wouldn't be able to forgive but nothing I've encountered yet. Came across this quote a while back which I think sums up the situation people find themselves in when holding a grudge:

Quote:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

So true man. I think most people agree on this buuuutttttt... how can you eliminate that anger from your heart? Buddhism? Hindi? Christianity?
I'm Christian, all my life. I cant beat my own hate. It's not scientific is it? I actually believe Jesus is the answer. I can see the path. I can measure, photograph and count it. I'm at the start!!.. but I can't seem to step forward. Is it because I'm weak or strong? Weak that I can't control my feelings or strong that I'm steadfast? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2909
Location: The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead..Peasants..
Have recently dropped a previous emplyer in the shit big time with Customs and Excise, he had a no brew enforcement order on him at my old brewery, he kept me brewing, I kept all brew logs and sales on a stick. ..Nuff said, bloke was a twunt of the highest order...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8613
Sandstorm wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.


Ask Oxbot about how Mallet treated his beloved Gary Teichman. :uhoh:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just see his florid face flushing reading that...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48349
CrazyIslander wrote:
CM11 wrote:
I find it hard to hold a grudge longer than a few hours, I'm sure there's things I wouldn't be able to forgive but nothing I've encountered yet. Came across this quote a while back which I think sums up the situation people find themselves in when holding a grudge:

Quote:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

So true man. I think most people agree on this buuuutttttt... how can you eliminate that anger from your heart? Buddhism? Hindi? Christianity?
I'm Christian, all my life. I cant beat my own hate. It's not scientific is it? I actually believe Jesus is the answer. I can see the path. I can measure, photograph and count it. I'm at the start!!.. but I can't seem to step forward. Is it because I'm weak or strong? Weak that I can't control my feelings or strong that I'm steadfast? I don't know.


Don't know. I was brought up Catholic, educated by the Jesuits, and I'm now agnostic at best. I just think most people are good and mistakes happen. But I've lived a sheltered life if I'm being honest and I can't say I've been exposed to many hard to forgive situations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
sorCrer wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
I don't think I'm over the way John Mitchell treated Tana Umaga and Christian Cullen but aside from that I'm pretty forgiving.


Ask Oxbot about how Mallet treated his beloved Gary Teichman. :uhoh:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just see his florid face flushing reading that...

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3774
Location: le Bayou
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

Imprisoned in St Valery Sur Somme.

But you redeemed yourselves for taking care of the little napoleon fvcker :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11981
lexpat wrote:
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:
I am very forgiving but those fuckers will pay for what they did to Jeanne d'Arc.

Imprisoned in St Valery Sur Somme.

But you redeemed yourselves for taking care of the little napoleon fvcker :thumbup:

Nah. Good bloke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23167
I forgive the New Zealand nation for their lack of repentence and collective responsibility for the pre meditated off the ball assault on BOD

I will never forget their communal monumental waaaaaaa of hypocrisy at a much milder tackle on Richie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 4953
You should forgive your FIL CI. Rise above It, be the bigger man etc. My in laws are always being plums but I just accept it and largely ignore it. It keeps the peace and keeps my wife happy. Getting offended and argumentative wouldn't be good for anybody.

Just my 2 cents. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:23 pm
Posts: 555
CrazyIslander wrote:
mikeyboy123 wrote:
I don't hold grudges against people, but then i don't think anything has happened to me to warrant bearing a grudge, luckily.

I've got no problem severing ties with someone though. It's not a case of holding any ill will against them, it's just a decision to move on and exclude someone from my life who is having a net negative impact on it.


A relatively recent example was my best man. He was always a bit self centred, but we were great friends at one point. As time went by he became more and more flaky and selfish and always wanted things on his terms. I asked him to be my best man and he was better for a while after that, but then just reverted to his old self. In the end, I just got fed up of being let down and taken for granted and stopped contacting him.

I get snippets of info about him every now and then and I wish him well, but just didn't want to continue trying to make the friendship work.

Shame, but that's life.

Isn't that a grudge. It's the same for me hence the thread. I haven't cut off him FiL but I dont talk to him one on one, pretty much only if it cannot be avoided. Obviously a totall cut off cannot happen coz I'm married to his daughter.


I don’t see it as a grudge, but maybe the difference between my situation and yours is that I could just move on whereas you are stuck with you fil. I think of a grudge as being a lasting animosity toward someone and that is certainly not how I feel towards my best man. I wish him well, but I have just left him behind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1500
Location: St. Louis
CM11 wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
CM11 wrote:
I find it hard to hold a grudge longer than a few hours, I'm sure there's things I wouldn't be able to forgive but nothing I've encountered yet. Came across this quote a while back which I think sums up the situation people find themselves in when holding a grudge:

Quote:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

So true man. I think most people agree on this buuuutttttt... how can you eliminate that anger from your heart? Buddhism? Hindi? Christianity?
I'm Christian, all my life. I cant beat my own hate. It's not scientific is it? I actually believe Jesus is the answer. I can see the path. I can measure, photograph and count it. I'm at the start!!.. but I can't seem to step forward. Is it because I'm weak or strong? Weak that I can't control my feelings or strong that I'm steadfast? I don't know.


Don't know. I was brought up Catholic, educated by the Jesuits, and I'm now agnostic at best. I just think most people are good and mistakes happen. But I've lived a sheltered life if I'm being honest and I can't say I've been exposed to many hard to forgive situations.


Every single word of both of your posts holds true for me as well (even the Jesuits :lol: )

I’m not religious and haven’t been for some time, but I really do believe Christianity gave me the basis to err on the side of forgiveness in virtually all situations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2133
Location: Newport, Gwent
I had quite a grudge against this one guy so I became his best friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1500
Location: St. Louis
CI,

If you want to be a tad more cynical, you also could say that forgiveness puts the “power” back in your hands (which I believe is kind of the underlying psychological appeal of Christian morality anyway), whereas otherwise he holds the “power” over you by embedding himself in your brain with his douchebaggery. Just a thought.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10678
mikeyboy123 wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
mikeyboy123 wrote:
I don't hold grudges against people, but then i don't think anything has happened to me to warrant bearing a grudge, luckily.

I've got no problem severing ties with someone though. It's not a case of holding any ill will against them, it's just a decision to move on and exclude someone from my life who is having a net negative impact on it.


A relatively recent example was my best man. He was always a bit self centred, but we were great friends at one point. As time went by he became more and more flaky and selfish and always wanted things on his terms. I asked him to be my best man and he was better for a while after that, but then just reverted to his old self. In the end, I just got fed up of being let down and taken for granted and stopped contacting him.

I get snippets of info about him every now and then and I wish him well, but just didn't want to continue trying to make the friendship work.

Shame, but that's life.

Isn't that a grudge. It's the same for me hence the thread. I haven't cut off him FiL but I dont talk to him one on one, pretty much only if it cannot be avoided. Obviously a totall cut off cannot happen coz I'm married to his daughter.


I don’t see it as a grudge, but maybe the difference between my situation and yours is that I could just move on whereas you are stuck with you fil. I think of a grudge as being a lasting animosity toward someone and that is certainly not how I feel towards my best man. I wish him well, but I have just left him behind.


Yeah, that's not a grudge - you just don't get along with him any longer - so the friendship has ended.

And, just because you forgive someone - it doesn't mean you have to like them or be particularly friendly to them. Especially if they've never really apologised for any hurt they've caused.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45250
In 100 years we will all be dead. Nothing is worth holding on to.

Most of the time arseholes get hung by their own stupidity or nastiness anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12346
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16514
Hard to forgive my son’s mother who abandoned her child. Hopefully he will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13222
I may be a rubbish forumer and swarmist but don’t you dare say it to me, because what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop slagging me off now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Hope you got it. Apart from that have a nice life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10678
YOYO wrote:
I may be a rubbish forumer and swarmist but don’t you dare say it to me, because what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop slagging me off now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Hope you got it. Apart from that have a nice life.


Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13222
ovalball wrote:
YOYO wrote:
I may be a rubbish forumer and swarmist but don’t you dare say it to me, because what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop slagging me off now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Hope you got it. Apart from that have a nice life.


Good luck.


I’m not sure whether I should hunt you down or not. Bit of quandary. I’ll take it as a compliment. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, Ajfro74, assfly, bessantj, Big Nipper, Blake, Cartman, Chips, CrazyIslander, danny_fitz, Deadtigers, earl the beaver, Gazzamonster, Geek, Google Adsense [Bot], Jensrsa, jethanger, Keith, Kiwias, lorcanoworms, Mog The Almighty, Mustapha, Nobleman, penguin, P in VG, plastic frog, Rinkals, Sards, shereblue, Shrekles, Sissyfuss, Smutley, The Sun God, Thomas, Yer Man, Zakar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group