Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
Match thread to appease the whinging French

Who

Image

vs

Image


Where

BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Image

Image


When

Sunday 11th February 2018
Kick Off 3.00PM GMT
Live on BBC

Teams

Scotland

15. Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 56 caps
14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 40 caps
13 Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 12 caps
12. Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 29 caps
11. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 30 caps
10. Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) – 33 caps
9. Greig Laidlaw VICE CAPTAIN (ASM Clermont Auvergne) – 59 caps

1. Gordon Reid (London Irish) – 28 caps
2. Stuart McInally (Edinburgh Rugby) – 13 caps
3. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh Rugby) – 5 caps
4. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby) – 19 caps
5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 39 caps
6. John Barclay CAPTAIN (Scarlets) – 67 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 16 caps
8. Ryan Wilson VICE CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 33 caps

Substitutes
16. Scott Lawson (Newcastle Falcons) – 47 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) – 4 caps
18. Jon Welsh (Newcastle Falcons) – 12 caps
19. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh Rugby) – 8 caps
20. David Denton (Worcester Warriors) – 35 caps
21. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 12 caps
22. Chris Harris (Newcastle Falcons) – 2 caps
23. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) – uncapped

France
15 Geoffrey Palis (Castres Olympique) - 1 cap
14 Teddy Thomas (Racing 92) - 9 caps
13 Geoffrey Doumayrou (La Rochelle) - 2 caps
12 Remi Lamerat (Clermont Auvergne) - 17 caps
11 Virimi Vakatawa (Racing 92) - 16 caps
10 Lionel Beauxis (Lyon) - 20 caps
9 Maxime Machenaud (Racing 92) - 32 caps

1 Jefferson Poirot (Bordeaux Begles) - 15 caps
2 Guilhem Guirado (capt) (Toulon) - 57 caps
3 Rabah Slimani (Clermont Auvergne) - 42 caps
4 Arthur Itturia (Clermont Auvergne) - 2 caps
5 Sebastien Vahaamahina (Clermont Auvergne) - 29 caps
6 Wenceslas Lauret (Racing 92) - 13 caps
7 Yacouba Camara (Montpellier) - 7 caps
8 Marco Tauleigne (Bordeaux Begles) - 1 cap

Replacements:
16 Adrien Pelissie (Bordeaux Begles) - 1 cap
17 Eddy Ben Arous (Racing 92) - 19 caps
18 Cedate Gomes Sa (Racing 92) - 1 cap
19 Paul Gabrillagues (Stade Francais) - 3 caps
20 Louis Picamoles (Montpellier) - 68 caps
21 Baptiste Serin (Bordeaux Begles) - 16 caps
22 Anthony Belleau (Toulon) - 3 caps
23 Benjamin Fall (Montpellier) - 8 caps


Officials
Referee John Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant 1 Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant 2 Paul Williams (New Zealand)
TMO Rowan Kitt (England)

Last 6 games form
France LLLLDL
Scotland WLWLWL


Last edited by dargotronV.1 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20024
Location: balbriggan
Cripple fight :thumbup:

Lionel Beauxis retirement fund :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
What news of French injuries / replacements after the Ireland game?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:07 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20024
Location: balbriggan
dargotronV.1 wrote:
What news of French injuries / replacements after the Ireland game?

Beauxis Couillou and PICAMOLES in

Dupond season over
Jalibert out for the tournament
Gourdon out for 3 weeks

YONEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5610
France by 10+


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40856
Location: Dublin
I think Scotland will win. All depends on the conditions.

If it's dry, Scotland will run the legs off them.

The worst thing Scotland can do now is go completely the opposite way to how they have been playing and take on France in a forwards battle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13066
Looking forward to watching good running rugby by Scotland. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
Laurent wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
What news of French injuries / replacements after the Ireland game?

Beauxis Couillou and PICAMOLES in

Dupond season over
Jalibert out for the tournament
Gourdon out for 3 weeks

YONEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does Yonel mean?

Says something about French depth when you can bring in Picamoles FFS

Having said that Gourdon is a handy player and had a good game v us last year so you'll miss him

For us, really don't think we'll be as bad this weekend (saying that with 25% hope, 75% expectation) but it all depends on our selection in the back row and centres. Get those right and I'll back us to win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 5046
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Scotland by 12. Some line-up changes, home advantage and a kick up the arse should see them home


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7569
Have you seen the weather forecast!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
slick wrote:
Have you seen the weather forecast!

Cold, wet, breezy

x( might have to pack my thermals


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20024
Location: balbriggan
dargotronV.1 wrote:
Laurent wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
What news of French injuries / replacements after the Ireland game?

Beauxis Couillou and PICAMOLES in

Dupond season over
Jalibert out for the tournament
Gourdon out for 3 weeks

YONEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does Yonel mean?

Says something about French depth when you can bring in Picamoles FFS

Having said that Gourdon is a handy player and had a good game v us last year so you'll miss him

For us, really don't think we'll be as bad this weekend (saying that with 25% hope, 75% expectation) but it all depends on our selection in the back row and centres. Get those right and I'll back us to win.


Lionel Beauxis AKA YONEL

LEGRANDISSE :thumbup:
http://boucherie-ovalie.org/2017/10/24/ ... implement/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6124
Location: Darkest deepest northwest
iarmhiman wrote:
I think Scotland will win. All depends on the conditions.

If it's dry, Scotland will run the legs off them.

The worst thing Scotland can do now is go completely the opposite way to how they have been playing and take on France in a forwards battle.


Although Ireland looked a little toothless in attack I thought France looked like they'd really worked on their defence, and won't be as porous as they were previously. Scotland survived against the Wales scrum but I think France will look to destroy them there, and it could be a very long day for their front five.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19640
Location: Yemen
yonel :o

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7513
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 1415
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Of course we won't. We're not Irish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40856
Location: Dublin
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Whinge?? We won the match.

Are you accusing us of being sore winners?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"

Jolindien, denied. The Irish do a good enough job on their own of Irishing a thread without yours or my help


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4442
Location: Adopted Lion - Jon Davies
dargotronV.1 wrote:
What news of French injuries / replacements after the Ireland game?


Thy have them planned for the 60 and 70 minute mark, with an HIA or two thrown in to slow the game down and fiddle who can come back on, depending on how the match is going for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7569
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
Azlan Roar wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
What news of French injuries / replacements after the Ireland game?


Thy have them planned for the 60 and 70 minute mark, with an HIA or two thrown in to slow the game down and fiddle who can come back on, depending on how the match is going for them.

VG :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 965
Quote:
Last 6 games form

Scotland WLWLWL


France are in trouble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14336
Location: Best country in the world.
clydecloggie wrote:
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Of course we won't. We're not Irish.


No, you certainly aren't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16050
France are going to get pumped, the backlash is going to be of biblical proportions - and fuck the mockers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6259
slick wrote:
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


French and Italian matches are my favourites by a long way. Last French game at Murrayfield was one of the best atmospheres I can remember with both sets of supporters giving it laldy even though Scotland were pretty well beaten.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16050
Edinburgh01 wrote:
slick wrote:
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


French and Italian matches are my favourites by a long way. Last French game at Murrayfield was one of the best atmospheres I can remember with both sets of supporters giving it laldy even though Scotland were pretty well beaten.


Eh, last game at Murrayfield against the French we won. Taylor played his best game in a Scotland shirt...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 1415
Edinburgh01 wrote:
slick wrote:
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


French and Italian matches are my favourites by a long way. Last French game at Murrayfield was one of the best atmospheres I can remember with both sets of supporters giving it laldy even though Scotland were pretty well beaten.


Probably because the French were happy they had Scotland well beaten and the Scots were happy they were winning the match?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6259
BTW, you know the Scotland revival is on when my wife and older son are coming to games. Mrs W has not been to a game in at least 8 years, my older son something similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19714
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
slick wrote:
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


French and Italian matches are my favourites by a long way. Last French game at Murrayfield was one of the best atmospheres I can remember with both sets of supporters giving it laldy even though Scotland were pretty well beaten.


Eh, last game at Murrayfield against the French we won. Taylor played his best game in a Scotland shirt...

I presume that false memory is caused by 'giving it laldy'. Whatever that is


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6259
clydecloggie wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
slick wrote:
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


French and Italian matches are my favourites by a long way. Last French game at Murrayfield was one of the best atmospheres I can remember with both sets of supporters giving it laldy even though Scotland were pretty well beaten.


Probably because the French were happy they had Scotland well beaten and the Scots were happy they were winning the match?


Oooops :blush: It was the September RWC warm up match I was thinking of.

I was even at the 6N games Scotland won.

Age is a terrible thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4232
Lorthern Nights wrote:
France are going to get pumped, the backlash is going to be of biblical proportions - and fuck the mockers

that's the spirit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16050
Edinburgh01 wrote:
clydecloggie wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
slick wrote:
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the French supporters arriving in Edinburgh for the weekend. Always good for a laugh and we could all do with a smile after the weekend.

I suspect come Sunday we will be past disappointment and fired up for a decent display so hopefully Murrayfield will be jumping.

Love the French. But no trying to chat up my wife while I'm standing next to her like you always do.


French and Italian matches are my favourites by a long way. Last French game at Murrayfield was one of the best atmospheres I can remember with both sets of supporters giving it laldy even though Scotland were pretty well beaten.


Probably because the French were happy they had Scotland well beaten and the Scots were happy they were winning the match?


Oooops :blush: It was the September RWC warm up match I was thinking of.

I was even at the 6N games Scotland won.

Age is a terrible thing.

:lol:

It was still one of the best matches i have ever been to, the first experience for my girls at Murrayfield who have yet to see Scotland lose (live)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4275
iarmhiman wrote:
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Whinge?? We won the match.

Are you accusing us of being sore winners?


No, just c.unts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40856
Location: Dublin
Heymans wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Whinge?? We won the match.

Are you accusing us of being sore winners?


No, just c.unts.


I hope your players are not like you. If you don't get over our match Scotland will win. Time to move on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4275
iarmhiman wrote:
Heymans wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Whinge?? We won the match.

Are you accusing us of being sore winners?


No, just c.unts.


I hope your players are not like you. If you don't get over our match Scotland will win. Time to move on.


I hope you players are not like you either, although they look like a pack of c.unts too alright.

I don't give a shit about the scotland game, and you can f.uck off with your pretend concern.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13066
BokJock wrote:
Quote:
Last 6 games form

Scotland WLWLWL


France are in trouble


Not to worry, ours are LLLLXL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35093
Location: Hut 8
Akkerman wrote:
yonel :o

Spoiler: show
Image

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40856
Location: Dublin
Heymans wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Heymans wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
jolindien wrote:
OP : to make it a grand thread, could you please also add a poll with : "Will the scots whinge as much as the irish ?"


Whinge?? We won the match.

Are you accusing us of being sore winners?


No, just c.unts.


I hope your players are not like you. If you don't get over our match Scotland will win. Time to move on.


I hope you players are not like you either, although they look like a pack of c.unts too alright.

I don't give a shit about the scotland game, and you can f.uck off with your pretend concern.


Calm down. You're embarrassing yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3791
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4275
iarmhiman wrote:
Heymans wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Heymans wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Whinge?? We won the match.

Are you accusing us of being sore winners?


No, just c.unts.


I hope your players are not like you. If you don't get over our match Scotland will win. Time to move on.


I hope you players are not like you either, although they look like a pack of c.unts too alright.

I don't give a shit about the scotland game, and you can f.uck off with your pretend concern.


Calm down. You're embarrassing yourself.


The irony of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 8dog, Bert, Bing [Bot], dam0, de_Selby, Diego, Google [Bot], Laurent, Margin_Walker, Sandstorm, Stjudes, The Native, Toddyno7, UncleFB, Wilson's Toffee, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group