Planet Rugby Forum
http://forum.planetrugby.com/

England Vs Wales B - OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread
http://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83805
Page 5 of 30

Author:  bessantj [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Mick Mannock wrote:
England to taunt Samson Lee
Image


Look how small his face is, you could sell advertising space on his forehead.

Author:  c69 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Tommy used to work down the Docks....

Author:  Mick Mannock [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

c69 wrote:
Tommy used to work down the Docks....


Is that Lee's nickname

Author:  Double [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Samson Lee's face gets me every time :lol:

cubby boi wrote:
Double wrote:
As nervous as I am about this match, I was going through the teams and struggling to pick Welsh players I'd have over English counterparts. Probably Halfpenny and Navidi, possibly Shingler and Williams? But I'm not seeing many Welsh caps in the combined XV.

Someone's going to come along and say AWJ, they're going to be wrong though.


Assuming you’re being serious, I think you could say exactly the same from the opposite perspective.

I think the front fives are very evenly matched. Wales flankers currently on top with England’s 8.

I think most would take Gareth Davies over Care and Ford over Patchell (if just for experience, as Patchell is playing extremely well)

Centres probably about all square.

Steff Evans and Watson both on fire. The opposite wingers and 15’s all solid and dependable.


See I'd have England's front 5 as pretty well ahead as a unit, and man-for-man. Scrumhalf is close, but I don't think fly-half is. England's wingers are more experienced, but I agree that it's close. Not sure how you arrived at Parkes being about equal with Farrell though.

Author:  c69 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Double wrote:
Samson Lee's face gets me every time :lol:

cubby boi wrote:
Double wrote:
As nervous as I am about this match, I was going through the teams and struggling to pick Welsh players I'd have over English counterparts. Probably Halfpenny and Navidi, possibly Shingler and Williams? But I'm not seeing many Welsh caps in the combined XV.

Someone's going to come along and say AWJ, they're going to be wrong though.


Assuming you’re being serious, I think you could say exactly the same from the opposite perspective.

I think the front fives are very evenly matched. Wales flankers currently on top with England’s 8.

I think most would take Gareth Davies over Care and Ford over Patchell (if just for experience, as Patchell is playing extremely well)

Centres probably about all square.

Steff Evans and Watson both on fire. The opposite wingers and 15’s all solid and dependable.


See I'd have England's front 5 as pretty well ahead as a unit, and man-for-man. Scrumhalf is close, but I don't think fly-half is. England's wingers are more experienced, but I agree that it's close. Not sure how you arrived at Parkes being about equal with Farrell though.

The game will be won by the forwards. England have the upper hand in the front 5 IMHO and on the wings. Ford and Farrell and JJ are a formidable midfield.
And Watson is the best wing in the NH atm IMHO.
England by 10 to 15.

Author:  Sissyfuss [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

I really think this game could go either way. On one hand England have pace and power. On the other, Wales have guile and cunning.

My head says Wales. My heart says England.

Author:  c69 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Eddie trash talking Patchell in the media. Shame.

Author:  Mick Mannock [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

c69 wrote:
Eddie trash talking Patchell in the media. Shame.


“Every time Jonathan Joseph looks up he’s going to see Rhys Patchell in his vision – it’s not a pretty sight,” Jones said. “Wales have to get the ball wide and Patchell hasn’t played much Test match rugby. He’s a young guy, he’s inexperienced and is their third-choice 10."

I don't see a problem

Author:  Sissyfuss [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

c69 wrote:
Eddie trash talking Patchell in the media. Shame.


I hope this is not true. While the man is obviously a gifted coach I do not understand why he feels the need to be such a see you next Tuesday.

Author:  happyhooker [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Sissyfuss wrote:
c69 wrote:
Eddie trash talking Patchell in the media. Shame.


I hope this is not true. While the man is obviously a gifted coach I do not understand why he feels the need to be such a see you next Tuesday.

He just doesn't like people who impersonate prince harry.

Author:  bessantj [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Mick Mannock wrote:
c69 wrote:
Eddie trash talking Patchell in the media. Shame.


“Every time Jonathan Joseph looks up he’s going to see Rhys Patchell in his vision – it’s not a pretty sight,” Jones said. “Wales have to get the ball wide and Patchell hasn’t played much Test match rugby. He’s a young guy, he’s inexperienced and is their third-choice 10."

I don't see a problem


Yeah well 3x10 is 30, that's right Patchell is rated 30/10 - Gatlandmaths.

Author:  ManInTheBar [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Nowhere near enough spite in the first 4 pages. Thank God for Eddie

Author:  tc27 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

The build up really is much more enjoyable with Henry about....anyone know whats happened to him?

Author:  Brazil [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

tc27 wrote:
The build up really is much more enjoyable with Henry about....anyone know whats happened to him?


Last I heard from him he was asking if there was a cabal for the England-Italy match to provide a nice rounding off/stay of execution for the previous five days on the piss.

Author:  openclashXX [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Everything Eddie has said is factually correct

Patchell is their 3rd choice 10. He is inexperienced. His inexperience means he hasn't had to start a test under the expectation of a good performance yet

Refreshing that in an era of fake news and misdirection Eddie is upholding the truth above all else :thumbup:

Author:  Rugby2023 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Author:  c69 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.

Author:  bessantj [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


Patchell is no snowflake though, when Jonny Gray was charging towards the line early in the Scotland game it was Patchell that brought him down.

Author:  P in VG [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?

Author:  100MileDad [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Amos is playing tomorrow night against Glasgow.

Author:  Rugby2023 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?

Lawes not all that powder-puff in fairness.

Author:  Double [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?


Probably the powder-puff backrow.

Image

Author:  P in VG [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?


Probably the powder-puff backrow.

Image


Putting in illegal hits? - Patchell is a big boy anyway, I'm sure he can handle it.....unlike your 10

Author:  A5D5E5 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?


Probably the powder-puff backrow.

Image


Putting in illegal hits? - Patchell is a big boy anyway, I'm sure he can handle it.....unlike your 10


I'm not sure it was penalised was it?

Author:  P in VG [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm not sure it was penalised was it?


So what if he wasn't? - it's still illegal = high, late & leading with the shoulder

Author:  Double [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?


Probably the powder-puff backrow.

Image


Putting in illegal hits? - Patchell is a big boy anyway, I'm sure he can handle it.....unlike your 10


Perfectly legal tackle, as the ref and video ref agreed. Plisson uninjured, getting up and playing on (only a little less flat to the line, and with a little more of the fear of God in him).

Author:  Double [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm not sure it was penalised was it?


So what if he wasn't? - it's still illegal = high, late & leading with the shoulder


That most notorious of tackling foul plays, leading with the shoulder.

Author:  A5D5E5 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm not sure it was penalised was it?


So what if he wasn't? - it's still illegal = high, late & leading with the shoulder


Trolling aside, my personal view is that it was marginally late (though slow motion makes it look worse). It wasn't high and as for "leading with the shoulder" - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Frodder [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

openclashXX wrote:
Everything Eddie has said is factually correct

Patchell is their 3rd choice 10. He is inexperienced. His inexperience means he hasn't had to start a test under the expectation of a good performance yet

Refreshing that in an era of fake news and misdirection Eddie is upholding the truth above all else :thumbup:



All true, what's the issue?

Author:  Openside [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm not sure it was penalised was it?


So what if he wasn't? - it's still illegal = high, late & leading with the shoulder

:lol: :lol: :lol: Have you played rugby?

Author:  Plato'sCave [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

I hope we all have a lovely time watching this game and also hope that it lets it help us all grow in peace, respect and friendship. :thumbup:

Author:  De Damp Slaphead [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Latest betting is England 6/1 on, Wales 4/1 against. The bookies are usually right..

Author:  Frodder [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Openside wrote:
P in VG wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'm not sure it was penalised was it?


So what if he wasn't? - it's still illegal = high, late & leading with the shoulder

:lol: :lol: :lol: Have you played rugby?



I'm sure he has Globus

Author:  DragsterDriver [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Leading with the shoulder? :|

Author:  bessantj [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

De Damp Slaphead wrote:
Latest betting is England 6/1 on, Wales 4/1 against. The bookies are usually right..


They do. I think most of the posts in this thread also reflect that.

Author:  c69 [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

bessantj wrote:
De Damp Slaphead wrote:
Latest betting is England 6/1 on, Wales 4/1 against. The bookies are usually right..


They do. I think most of the posts in this thread also reflect that.

The Bookies are almost always right. I predict a big win for the Saes.

Author:  Frodder [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

c69 wrote:
bessantj wrote:
De Damp Slaphead wrote:
Latest betting is England 6/1 on, Wales 4/1 against. The bookies are usually right..


They do. I think most of the posts in this thread also reflect that.

The Bookies are almost always right. I predict a big win for the Saes.


Same here......Saes by 15 - 20 by the end

Author:  Mick Mannock [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

P in VG wrote:
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
c69 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
I see what Eddie trying to do, but the last time he did this with a flyhalf (Sexton 2016) he was the stand-out player in the ensuing test. England still won but it would have been a hell of a lot easier without a highly motivated Sexton.

Patchell is no Sexton. I expect him to get roughed up.


By who? England's powder-puff backrow - or his colossus opposite number?


Probably the powder-puff backrow.

Image


Putting in illegal hits? - Patchell is a big boy anyway, I'm sure he can handle it.....unlike your 10


Nothing illegal about that. That would flatten Patchell too

Author:  bessantj [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Mick Mannock wrote:
Nothing illegal about that. That would flatten Patchell too


Give over, that wouldn't flatten Patchell's mother. There's a difference between knocking over a Frenchman and knocking over a rugby player.

Author:  fatcat [ Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: England Vs Wales OFFICIAL Six Nations Match Thread

Just put a tenner on Wales. Disappointed to only get 4/1, thought they might be about 15/1.

Page 5 of 30 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/