Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next

Who is going to win?
England 65%  65%  [ 61 ]
Wales 23%  23%  [ 22 ]
Gav 12%  12%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 94
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2116
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4515
bessantj wrote:
fatcat wrote:


Jesus, it's not hard to see why England won 27-13 x(


Could be worse, the 62-5 game is in the related videos.

Glad I never watched this one, looks like it was shite.

Edit: How on earth did they decide that wasn't a knock on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27456
matta25 wrote:
Image


Hence my:

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Remember when Scott William had genuine pace. :((


Quote from earlier. Hadleigh Parkes is quicker than him these days!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1128
fatcat wrote:
Just got a ticket for the game. :smug:


Bugger!!.... As usual I'm have no luck in getting a ticket for Twickenham.

Pisses me off as a guy I know who loves Chelsea and has never been to a rugby game in his life is going......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2581
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7377
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

How frightened is Eddie?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46862
Location: In the Centre/left wing
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11893
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


They were hardly 'distasteful' comments. A bit 'pratish' maybe.

Not sure the Welsh really need winding up for an encounter with England - but Eddie just likes to make absolutely sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19843
c69 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.

Aw, bless.

:::ruffles hair:::


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11893
c69 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.


Funny how the Welsh on here keep claiming that they are massive underdogs - yet when they compare their players, man for man, with the English, they rate them just as highly.

I'm not falling for it - and neither will the Gods of the Mockers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7377
ovalball wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


They were hardly 'distasteful' comments. A bit 'pratish' maybe.

Not sure the Welsh really need winding up for an encounter with England - but Eddie just likes to make absolutely sure.

If he was confident he'd be making the 'respect the opposition, no easy games' bollocks, but trying to sow seeds of doubt in the opposition suggests that he has a few of his own.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2581
ovalball wrote:
c69 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.


Funny how the Welsh on here keep claiming that they are massive underdogs - yet when they compare their players, man for man, with the English, they rate them just as highly.

I'm not falling for it - and neither will the Gods of the Mockers.


Just looking at the hard evidence oval.

World rankings, bookies’ odds, England unbeaten at home in the 6N in 6 years.

It doesn’t look great for us.


Last edited by MaccTaff on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4143
Location: Newport, Gwent
ovalball wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


They were hardly 'distasteful' comments. A bit 'pratish' maybe.

Not sure the Welsh really need winding up for an encounter with England - but Eddie just likes to make absolutely sure.


But will Patchell care about what he says? I don't think I would, I'd be too busy preparing for such a big game to care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11893
Gwenno wrote:
ovalball wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


They were hardly 'distasteful' comments. A bit 'pratish' maybe.

Not sure the Welsh really need winding up for an encounter with England - but Eddie just likes to make absolutely sure.

If he was confident he'd be making the 'respect the opposition, no easy games' bollocks, but trying to sow seeds of doubt in the opposition suggests that he has a few of his own.


I agree - it's a bit like the Welsh team keep on saying they aren't scared of England at Twickers....... Sort of suggests that being scared is in their minds.

Still, with Gatland's track record, Wales can hardly complain about Eddie playing mind games.

It's all a bit daft.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11893
MaccTaff wrote:
ovalball wrote:
c69 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.


Funny how the Welsh on here keep claiming that they are massive underdogs - yet when they compare their players, man for man, with the English, they rate them just as highly.

I'm not falling for it - and neither will the Gods of the Mockers.


Just looking at the hard evidence oval.

World rankings, bookies’ odds, England unbeaten at home in the 6N in 6 years.

It doesn’t look great for us.


Yeah, yeah - as you keep reminding us - you knocked us out of our own RWC less than 3 years ago, when we were also huge favourites.

We should start as favourites, at home - but it means nothing once the sides get out on the pitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 1264
ovalball wrote:
you knocked us out of our own RWC less than 3 years ago, when we were also huge favourites.



That will remain a dark stain on my underpants for many a year. However, I think we [braying cnuts] went into that game desperately anxious about the selection and game plan. No, that's not hindsight, we feared it was sh1t and were proved right.

On the spite note - it's interesting that Farrell has inherited the Chris Ashton Memorial 'Universally Hated Englishman'* Award

Interesting cos neither of them are typical hoity toity silver-spoon inheriting, plummy-voiced, royalty-redacted-for-legal-reasons knobs like Capt.Bumface.

Also, apart from having quite a punchable face Farrell seems like a nice lad. A 'winner' for sure and maybe a bit of little-man syndrome but hell even if he IS a cnut he is our cnut. And he's a lot better in all senses than Biggar who is just rough.

*Null and void during Lions tours


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22328
One tweet about Eddie Jones comments that made me laff

Quote:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Hywel‏
@HywelV2
Follow Follow @HywelV2

Is Eddie Jones totally thick? He’s playing mind games with Rhys Patchell. Can’t he see? Patchell is a ginger! He’s been teased from birth. These amateur attempts will just bounce off...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22328
ovalball wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
ovalball wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


They were hardly 'distasteful' comments. A bit 'pratish' maybe.

Not sure the Welsh really need winding up for an encounter with England - but Eddie just likes to make absolutely sure.

If he was confident he'd be making the 'respect the opposition, no easy games' bollocks, but trying to sow seeds of doubt in the opposition suggests that he has a few of his own.


I agree - it's a bit like the Welsh team keep on saying they aren't scared of England at Twickers....... Sort of suggests that being scared is in their minds.

Still, with Gatland's track record, Wales can hardly complain about Eddie playing mind games.

It's all a bit daft.


Which is why Gatland is framing it as "I've always had a great record at Twickenham". I think it is to get into the English minds as well, weaken their home comforts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22985
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


What exactly do you find distasteful?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22985
ovalball wrote:
c69 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.


Funny how the Welsh on here keep claiming that they are massive underdogs - yet when they compare their players, man for man, with the English, they rate them just as highly.

I'm not falling for it - and neither will the Gods of the Mockers.

Every year an individual Wal v Eng player comparison leads to the Welsh giving their players higher marks. They then explain that they will lose anyway because one of their players (the Cuthbert argument) is total shit, or some inexperience, or the bench is weak. So England will win due to strength in depth due to population size, or so on.


Last edited by Mick Mannock on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46862
Location: In the Centre/left wing
happyhooker wrote:
c69 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.

His comments about our nations captain are even worse.
He needs to have some decorum he is sounding like a soccer manager atm.
But hey Eddie's gets the job done an disaster record speaks for himself.
As long as we play well, give our best shot an d don't get beaten by too much I'll be happy against the 2nd best team in the World.
Its about perspective. I remember when we would by 30 plus to this sort of ranked team.

Aw, bless.

:::ruffles hair:::

Gets step ladder to give to HH to allow him to ruffle hair.
Perhaps you can tickle my balls whilst ruffling my hair.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2581
Mick Mannock wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


What exactly do you find distasteful?


It’s personal and unnecessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22985
MaccTaff wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


What exactly do you find distasteful?


It’s personal and unnecessary.


He only said Patchell was inexperienced, and third choice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Listening to SCW on Talksport this morning, he says this is all tounge in cheek banter from Gats and Jones and should be enjoyed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 1264
100MileDad wrote:
Listening to SCW on Talksport this morning, he says this is all tounge in cheek banter from Gats and Jones and should be enjoyed.


Does ANYONE do what SCW tells them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1950
Location: Dublin
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27456
I see Eddie's witterings as a massive sign of respect. He usually gives it the 'I'm the coach of England mate" when asked about the other team, and tbf, he's accurately picked out Wales' two most important players...so I reckon it's a sign that he's a bit worried.

Reminds of when England were dicking the Aussies downunder. He once again picked the most important person in their camp (Cheika) and targeted him for his verbal barbs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1128
Mick Mannock wrote:
Every year an individual Wal v Eng player comparison leads to the Welsh giving their players higher marks. They then explain that they will lose anyway because one of their players (the Cuthbert argument) is total shit, or some inexperience, or the bench is weak. So England will win due to strength in depth due to population size, or so on.


Faaaark..... I hope Eddie doesn’t figure out the onfield tactics as well as this.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1261
Bit disappointed that when Eddie was banging on about Alun Wyn intimidating referees and bringing in behaviour from other sports, that a hack didn't point out that only one of the captains on Saturday has been red-carded and banned for calling a ref a "f*cking cheat".

That might have stemmed his flow somewhat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6971
Saturnine wrote:
Bit disappointed that when Eddie was banging on about Alun Wyn intimidating referees and bringing in behaviour from other sports, that a hack didn't point out that only one of the captains on Saturday has been red-carded and banned for calling a ref a "f*cking cheat".

That might have stemmed his flow somewhat.


Good, honest rugby chat that...not like the perfidious actions of a captain asking a ref to look at an incident.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3292
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
ovalball wrote:
Eddie having a little pop at Alun Wyn Jones - suggesting he needs to respect the referee and stop acting like a footballer.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/0208/939399-england-jones-complaint/


He's 100% correct. That's what AWJ does. He did the same thing after the Scarlets scored a last minute winner v Ospreys on boxing day. Tried to prevent the conversion with his mate Biggar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1261
Kid A wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Eddie having a little pop at Alun Wyn Jones - suggesting he needs to respect the referee and stop acting like a footballer.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/0208/939399-england-jones-complaint/


He's 100% correct. That's what AWJ does. He did the same thing after the Scarlets scored a last minute winner v Ospreys on boxing day. Tried to prevent the conversion with his mate Biggar.


Nothing wrong with wanting to know a try has been legitimately scored. I'm sure the Turks wouldn't have wanted to win if the try wasn't legal. It's not going to stop a genuine try, just remove all the post match whinging if a poor decision is made.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3292
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
Saturnine wrote:
Nothing wrong with wanting to know a try has been legitimately scored. I'm sure the Turks wouldn't have wanted to win if the try wasn't legal. It's not going to stop a genuine try, just remove all the post match whinging if a poor decision is made.


Agreed. But trying to prevent the match from going ahead is taking it a stage further. Unfortunately, the tv coverage didn't show it as they were showing replays of the try but the rest of the Ospreys team were behind the posts - AWJ and Biggar were infront of the ball, harranguing the referee making TMO signs trying to stop Patchell(?) take the conversion.

I realize Eddie's motives on this. But he is not wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1261
Kid A wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Nothing wrong with wanting to know a try has been legitimately scored. I'm sure the Turks wouldn't have wanted to win if the try wasn't legal. It's not going to stop a genuine try, just remove all the post match whinging if a poor decision is made.


Agreed. But trying to prevent the match from going ahead is taking it a stage further. Unfortunately, the tv coverage didn't show it as they were showing replays of the try but the rest of the Ospreys team were behind the posts - AWJ and Biggar were infront of the ball, harranguing the referee making TMO signs trying to stop Patchell(?) take the conversion.

I realize Eddie's motives on this. But he is not wrong.


As long as they're not getting in the referee's face (and despite what Eddie says, AWJ was hardly hectoring the ref in the Jock game, just checking with him that he was going upstairs) they'd be daft not to stand in a place that prevents the kicker taking it quickly.

As you said, the TV coverage of the O's v Turks didn't show this, so I'll have to take your word for it. I think AWJ sets a good standard for his interaction with refs. He's a long way from Parisse. (and of course, the aforementioned ref-abusing Hartley)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2981
Location: European City of Rugger Trophies
Edward Jones should take a long hard look at himself in the mirror.

If this man is let anywhere near the Lions job I will be absolutely seething. He is a boorish oik he has no understanding of rugger ethos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1275
MaccTaff wrote:
Eddie’s comments about Patchell aren’t getting any more tasteful after a second examination.


Is it any different from the comments Gatland made about Dylan Hartley a few years ago?

Quote:
“He always seems to have a lot to say for himself,” Gatland said. “He was responsible with some of the evidence for Richie being banned for a long period.”

Gatland was also quick to criticise the Saints hooker over a confrontation with his Blues counterpart Gareth Williams at Franklins’ Gardens.

The players exchanged a few words as they left for the sin-bin before the end of the Saints’ 23-15 victory. Williams, who was pitched against Hartley when England won 30-17 at Twickenham 12 months ago, was clearly unhappy with Hartley.

Gatland said: “He was not prepared to step outside to the back of the stand with Gareth Williams when he was invited to, so we will see how he fronts up against us.

“England’s line-out imploded a bit against South Africa in the autumn and a couple of weeks ago Hartley went to pieces playing for Northampton at Leicester. Kiwis have been known to crack under pressure and choke. So let’s hope he does on Feb 4.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18200
ovalball wrote:
Eddie having a little pop at Alun Wyn Jones - suggesting he needs to respect the referee and stop acting like a footballer.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/0208/939399-england-jones-complaint/


Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle a fûcking cheat. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22985
Kid A wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Nothing wrong with wanting to know a try has been legitimately scored. I'm sure the Turks wouldn't have wanted to win if the try wasn't legal. It's not going to stop a genuine try, just remove all the post match whinging if a poor decision is made.


Agreed. But trying to prevent the match from going ahead is taking it a stage further. Unfortunately, the tv coverage didn't show it as they were showing replays of the try but the rest of the Ospreys team were behind the posts - AWJ and Biggar were infront of the ball, harranguing the referee making TMO signs trying to stop Patchell(?) take the conversion.

I realize Eddie's motives on this. But he is not wrong.



He is totally correct


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 3105
Kid A wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Nothing wrong with wanting to know a try has been legitimately scored. I'm sure the Turks wouldn't have wanted to win if the try wasn't legal. It's not going to stop a genuine try, just remove all the post match whinging if a poor decision is made.


Agreed. But trying to prevent the match from going ahead is taking it a stage further. Unfortunately, the tv coverage didn't show it as they were showing replays of the try but the rest of the Ospreys team were behind the posts - AWJ and Biggar were infront of the ball, harranguing the referee making TMO signs trying to stop Patchell(?) take the conversion.

I realize Eddie's motives on this. But he is not wrong.



Which part of "you can not check if a try is legally awarded or not, once a conversion has been taken"? To me, a team rushing to take a conversion, shows that they might have some doubt about it`s authenticity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22322
Location: Centre of the Universe
Sissyfuss wrote:
Edward Jones should take a long hard look at himself in the mirror.

If this man is let anywhere near the Lions job I will be absolutely seething. He is a boorish oik he has no understanding of rugger ethos.



Um, Gatland ... ???


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, AD345, backrow, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Bogbunny, Boobs not Moobs, booji boy, camroc1, Clive Simms, earl the beaver, easyray, Flametop, HighKingLeinster, iarmhiman, IBWT, Jensrsa, johnstrac, Keith, Leinster in London, Lemoentjie, Mick Mannock, Nolanator, panamax, Plato'sCave, SamShark, Steve_GT, Theflier, Turbogoat and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group