Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Winner
Poll ended at Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:09 am
Lions: 15+ 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Lions: 8-15 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Lions: 1-7 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Draw 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Sharks: 1-7 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Sharks: 8-15 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Sharks: 15+ 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
handyman wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Nkosi on the bench :thumbdown:


Why? Both van Wyk and Mapimpi have proved themselves, Nkosi still has to

Van Wyk's defence is awful.


Maybe but he was one of the few guys in the Sharks team last year who could actually break the line and get past defenders

van Wyk (1012min) vs Nkosi (491min)

20 Good Passes 5
12 Linebreaks 4
11 Offloads 2
10 Tackle breaks 2

Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Sounds like some of our ex bok wingers from last year...except those ex bok wingers couldnt tackle either


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28291
#JensStats #SardyStats :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
saffer13 wrote:
#JensStats #SardyStats :thumbdown:

:lol:

Now that they are at Province you think they suddenly found arms to tackle


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Jensrsa wrote:
Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Quoted for prosperity. Looking forward to coming back to this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Quoted for prosperity. Looking forward to coming back to this one.


I hope he starts this weekend

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
saffer13 wrote:
#JensStats #SardyStats :thumbdown:


:lol:

What will be interesting though is to see how the Sharks changed their game since RdP Snr was instructed by his bosses to coach them to play more attractive rugby. I suspect the Sharks' defence is going to suffer compared to last year and that they're going to leak more tries. Happened to the stormers last year and initially to the Lions when they got back into SR. (previously the Lions defence was just plain kak - got it in first :) )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Quoted for prosperity. Looking forward to coming back to this one.


I hope he starts this weekend

:thumbup:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoGqu0BO8U

Here's a video of Nkosi, passing, offloading breaking the line and breaking tackles :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28291
His strength in and through tackles was something I remember as one of his best qualities last year. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
#JensStats #SardyStats :thumbdown:


:lol:

What will be interesting though is to see how the Sharks changed their game since RdP Snr was instructed by his bosses to coach them to play more attractive rugby. I suspect the Sharks' defence is going to suffer compared to last year and that they're going to leak more tries. Happened to the stormers last year and initially to the Lions when they got back into SR. (previously the Lions defence was just plain kak - got it in first :) )


robert said that the Sharks will play to their traditional strengths and concentrate on scoring more tries this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9742
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:
Van Wyk's defence is awful.


Bosch will cover any missed tackles van Wyk lets through.

The complete team 8)

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
assfly wrote:
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Quoted for prosperity. Looking forward to coming back to this one.


I hope he starts this weekend

:thumbup:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoGqu0BO8U

Here's a video of Nkosi, passing, offloading breaking the line and breaking tackles :lol:

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
handyman wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:
Van Wyk's defence is awful.


Bosch will cover any missed tackles van Wyk lets through.

The complete team 8)

:lol:


Don't laugh.... This guy is loved by Dick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
assfly wrote:
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Nkosi don't pass, don't offload, don't break the line and don't break tackles.


Quoted for prosperity. Looking forward to coming back to this one.


I hope he starts this weekend

:thumbup:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoGqu0BO8U

Here's a video of Nkosi, passing, offloading breaking the line and breaking tackles :lol:


Anything against proper teams?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Jensrsa wrote:
Anything against proper teams?


:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10281
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
I sincerely hope that the Lions lose all their matches this year.

Arrogant buch of tossers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Anything against proper teams?


:roll:


The clip mainly shows his SA Schools tries when he was relatively strong against kids, some CC tries mainly against Griquas and Pumas and SR tries against the Sunwolves (who let in 96 tries) and the Stormers (who let in 61 tries). He isn't the "Junior Lomu" anymore, according to the Sharks web site he's about the same size as when he played for the Junior Boks two years ago - 1.82m and 97kg - not exceptional for a wing anymore.

I hope he can live up to the hype but if I was a Sharks fan I would go with van Wyk and Mapimpi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Jensrsa wrote:
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Anything against proper teams?


:roll:


The clip mainly shows his SA Schools tries when he was relatively strong against kids, some CC tries mainly against Griquas and Pumas and SR tries against the Sunwolves (who let in 96 tries) and the Stormers (who let in 61 tries). He isn't the "Junior Lomu" anymore, according to the Sharks web site he's about the same size as when he played for the Junior Boks two years ago - 1.82m and 97kg - not exceptional for a wing anymore.

I hope he can live up to the hype but if I was a Sharks fan I would go with van Wyk


:roll: but he does pass, offload, break the line and break tackles in the video, doesn't he?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Anything against proper teams?


:roll:


The clip mainly shows his SA Schools tries when he was relatively strong against kids, some CC tries mainly against Griquas and Pumas and SR tries against the Sunwolves (who let in 96 tries) and the Stormers (who let in 61 tries). He isn't the "Junior Lomu" anymore, according to the Sharks web site he's about the same size as when he played for the Junior Boks two years ago - 1.82m and 97kg - not exceptional for a wing anymore.

I hope he can live up to the hype but if I was a Sharks fan I would go with van Wyk


:roll: but he does pass, offload, break the line and break tackles in the video, doesn't he?


:lol: I quoted last year's SR stats. Big Boy rugby you know


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Jensrsa wrote:
assfly wrote:

:roll: but he does pass, offload, break the line and break tackles in the video, doesn't he?


:lol: I quoted last year's SR stats. Big Boy rugby you know


:roll: But he does pass, offload, break the line and break tackles in Super Rugby games in the video, doesn't he?

Seriously Jens, we've got plenty of mediocre players to pick on. This is one of the best up and coming players in SA that most people wanted to see in a Bok jersey.

But according to you he should not even be playing professional rugby as he is incapable of the most simple of tasks expected of winger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8904
Quote:
15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 11 Lionel Mapoe

Wouldn't swap any of these for Sbu Nkosi.

So, none of the potential starting Lions back three - a combination of the unwanted, unknown, and overrated - would even make the Sharks bench.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Nkosi NOT breaking a tackle against the Lions

Image

Nkosi NOT making a tackle against the Lions

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
assfly wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
assfly wrote:

:roll: but he does pass, offload, break the line and break tackles in the video, doesn't he?


:lol: I quoted last year's SR stats. Big Boy rugby you know


:roll: But he does pass, offload, break the line and break tackles in Super Rugby games in the video, doesn't he?

Seriously Jens, we've got plenty of mediocre players to pick on. This is one of the best up and coming players in SA that most people wanted to see in a Bok jersey.

But according to you he should not even be playing professional rugby as he is incapable of the most simple of tasks expected of winger.


You're blowing this way out of proportion. I merely said I would take van Wyk and Mapimpi to start ahead of him. And then pointed out that last year in SR van Wyk beat him in just about every attacking stat when someone commented that van Wyk can't tackle. His stats in SR isn't great, for whatever reason - game plan, instructions, etc. and showing me a clip full of schoolboy rugby isn't changing anything.

Is he a talent? Of course but he still has a lot to prove
Can he improve or do better this year? Of course, considering that from the media reports the Sharks will be playing a more attacking game and it's an extra year in senior rugby.


Last edited by Jensrsa on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28291
ox wagon wrote:
Quote:
15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 11 Lionel Mapoe

Wouldn't swap any of these for Sbu Nkosi.

So, none of the potential starting Lions back three - a combination of the unwanted, unknown, and overrated - would even make the Sharks bench.

I agree with the popped collar on this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
assfly wrote:
Nkosi NOT breaking a tackle against the Lions

Image

Nkosi NOT making a tackle against the Lions

Image
ox wagon wrote:
Quote:
15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 11 Lionel Mapoe

Wouldn't swap any of these for Sbu Nkosi.

So, none of the potential starting Lions back three - a combination of the unwanted, unknown, and overrated - would even make the Sharks bench.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I made an unbiased non-derogatory comment about three (3) Sharks players


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9591
Location: Kenya
Who were the other two? I'm still wiping the saliva from my screen :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28462
Location: Chickenrunning...
assfly wrote:

Nkosi NOT making a tackle against the Lions

Image


FFS my dead cat could tackle Coetzee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
assfly wrote:
Who were the other two? I'm still wiping the saliva from my screen :x


I only said I would play van Wyk and Mapimpi before Nkosi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
This weekend is going to be sweet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
Sandstorm wrote:
assfly wrote:

Nkosi NOT making a tackle against the Lions

Image


FFS my dead cat could tackle Coetzee.


Yep, that's why he was #10 in Linebreaks and #3 in Tackle breaks in SR last year :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
assfly wrote:

Nkosi NOT making a tackle against the Lions

Image


FFS my dead cat could tackle Coetzee.


Yep, that's why he was #10 in Linebreaks and #3 in Tackle breaks in SR last year :lol:


But that was in school rugby and against sides like the Kings and Stormers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
Sards wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

FFS my dead cat could tackle Coetzee.


Yep, that's why he was #10 in Linebreaks and #3 in Tackle breaks in SR last year :lol:


But that was in school rugby and against sides like the Kings and Stormers


And the Sharks 3x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7288
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Passive aggressive Sardy is a little too Bling blang for me...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
houtkabouter wrote:
Passive aggressive Sardy is a little too Bling blang for me...


Ja, he's trying too hard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Passive aggressive Sardy is a little too Bling blang for me...


Ja, he's trying too hard


It only looks like that because posting and interest in this thread is as bad as CP. A couple of posts a day.

I am not interested in the Lions at all beyond the points against


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
Ref: Glen Jackson (NZ)
ARs: AJ Jacobs (SA) and Cwengile Jadezweni (SA)
TMO: Marius Jonker (SA)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7288
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Sards wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Passive aggressive Sardy is a little too Bling blang for me...


Ja, he's trying too hard


It only looks like that because posting and interest in this thread is as bad as CP. A couple of posts a day.

I am not interested in the Lions at all beyond the points against


Dude.

You’re still being passive aggressive. It’s a bit like a woman in a divorce talking about the new wife.

Man the fudge up before you start throwing cous cous around the place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15378
Quote:
The Sharks' new assistant coach, former Springbok assistant coach Dick Muir, believes the Lions will target their back three in the rarified air of Johannesburg in the season opener.

That is why the experience and aerial skills of seasoned Springbok Lwazi Mvovo will come in handy at Ellis Park.

Muir admitted it will be a "difficult choice" between Mvovo and Garth April for the fullback starting berth.

"Lwazi is very good under the high ball and he has been working hard on his kicking game," Muir told a media briefing in Durban, as the Sharks stepped up their preparations for Round One.

"The balance is what is really important here - particularly [amongst] the back three," Muir added.

"I think the Lions will look to target us from a kicking perspective, which will be good."

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/83269-audio-sharks-expect-aerial-bombardment-from-lions

Interesting. Not sure why he thinks the Lions will kick more though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32702
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
The Sharks' new assistant coach, former Springbok assistant coach Dick Muir, believes the Lions will target their back three in the rarified air of Johannesburg in the season opener.

That is why the experience and aerial skills of seasoned Springbok Lwazi Mvovo will come in handy at Ellis Park.

Muir admitted it will be a "difficult choice" between Mvovo and Garth April for the fullback starting berth.

"Lwazi is very good under the high ball and he has been working hard on his kicking game," Muir told a media briefing in Durban, as the Sharks stepped up their preparations for Round One.

"The balance is what is really important here - particularly [amongst] the back three," Muir added.

"I think the Lions will look to target us from a kicking perspective, which will be good."

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/83269-audio-sharks-expect-aerial-bombardment-from-lions

Interesting. Not sure why he thinks the Lions will kick more though



Probably watched the Springbok matches .....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9742
Wasn't Mvovo useless under the high ball just a few seasons ago?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, Andalu, bimboman, Bing [Bot], booze, camroc1, Chips, danny_fitz, DiscoHips D'Arcy, Dork Lard, Dubh01, Ewinkum, fatcat, Flametop, Flockwitt, frankster, Gavin Duffy, guy smiley, hornets, Jeff the Bear, jolindien, Kiwias, LandOTurk, Leinster in London, Nobleman, P in VG, Plato'sCave, Saint, SamShark, Sefton, Still Playing, TranceNRG, True Blue, WoodlandsRFC, YOYO and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group