Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Back again this year for my annual capitulation.

I have set up a pool.

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ ... n/EWYSCM23

Pool Code: EWYSCM23
Pool Name: Planet Rugby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10977
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
I'm in

Looking to move from silver to gold this year

:smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6606
Location: Bloemfontein
Thanks Beaver

Tempe Tigers are ready for action :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Big Nipper wrote:
I'm in

Looking to move from silver to gold this year

:smug:

Nah bro. Marshall Banana has won this thing every year for the 6-7 years I've been playing. The bastard.

The rest of us will be playing for silver as usual. :proud:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Posts: 4352
Location: Stellenbosch
HaasHolle ready to prop up the bottom of the table.

Shot for starting Beaver!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Bump.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6606
Location: Bloemfontein
Quote:
Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, Dillon Hunt, Liam Squire, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Siate Tokolahi, Ash Dixon (co-captain), Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Aki Seiuli, Tyrel Lomax, Dan Pryor, Elliot Dixon, Kayne Hammington, Fletcher Smith, Matt Faddes.

Blues: Michael Collins, Matt Duffie, George Moala, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Bryn Gatland, Augustine Pulu (captain); Akira Ioane, Murphy Taramai, Glenn Preston, Scott Scrafton, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, James Parsons, Alex Hodgman. Reserves: Leni Apisai, Pauliasi Manu, Michael Tamoaieta, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sione Havili/Antonio Kiri Kiri, Jonathan Ruru, Daniel Kirkpatrick, Melani Nanai.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
I'm tearing my hair out trying to choose centres and outside backs.

And they are all very expensive. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6606
Location: Bloemfontein
Beaver_Shark wrote:
I'm tearing my hair out trying to choose centres and outside backs.

And they are all very expensive. :thumbdown:


My OBs and midfield is on fire 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Final bump.

11 in the pool so far. Not too bad, but I don't see MB?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10977
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Final bump.

11 in the pool so far. Not too bad, but I don't see MB?

FHHD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Posts: 4352
Location: Stellenbosch
For the Higgers fans:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/rugby/c ... der-charge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
I've made some rrally daft picks so far. x(

Tamanivalu currently sitting on -1 with 18min to go. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10977
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Beaver_Shark wrote:
I've made some rrally daft picks so far. x(

Tamanivalu currently sitting on -1 with 18min to go. :uhoh:

#MeToo

And I picked Higgenbotham

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Big Nipper wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
I've made some rrally daft picks so far. x(

Tamanivalu currently sitting on -1 with 18min to go. :uhoh:

#MeToo

And I picked Higgenbotham

:lol:

:lol: :lol:
I also had Higgers, but then realised that I could afford Hooper. So I changed him a few minutes before lockout. So you can imagine the jubilation when he got carded.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10977
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
I've made some rrally daft picks so far. x(

Tamanivalu currently sitting on -1 with 18min to go. :uhoh:

#MeToo

And I picked Higgenbotham

:lol:

:lol: :lol:
I also had Higgers, but then realised that I could afford Hooper. So I changed him a few minutes before lockout. So you can imagine the jubilation when he got carded.

Fudge you

:x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Nipper,

On my 'retirement': :lol:

I think it was way, way too easy to pick a strong side straight away.

You could pick 12-13 players that are guns. Players that you could ride out the season with.

No fun in that for me, so I didn't bother.

A 5m salary cap would have made things so much more enjoyable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10977
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Marshall Banana wrote:
Nipper,

On my 'retirement': :lol:

I think it was way, way too easy to pick a strong side straight away.

You could pick 12-13 players that are guns. Players that you could ride out the season with.

No fun in that for me, so I didn't bother.

A 5m salary cap would have made things so much more enjoyable.

You should join our fantasy rugby draft next season

It is epic

:nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Big Nipper wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Nipper,

On my 'retirement': :lol:

I think it was way, way too easy to pick a strong side straight away.

You could pick 12-13 players that are guns. Players that you could ride out the season with.

No fun in that for me, so I didn't bother.

A 5m salary cap would have made things so much more enjoyable.

You should join our fantasy rugby draft next season

It is epic

:nod:


Damn - that would have been sweet. Next year then...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
My bench centre Dyantyi on 86 with 20min to go. :((

Tamanivalu finished on 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
:lol:

He was the obvious bench candidate. I think a lot of people will be in the boat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24154
Location: Middle East
Marshall Banana wrote:
:lol:

He was the obvious bench candidate. I think a lot of people will be in the boat.


Dammit, seeing how poorly some of my actual picks did, leaving 94 points (and counting) on the bench is painful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1572
Location: Suburgatory
Some questions:

What's up with the "League to be rescheduled" thing?

Why aren't the points posted?

How come there's 2 PR Leagues? (the other one, which I'm also in, appears to be working fine)

That's all I wanted to say. Back to LURK_ONLY mode.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12172
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
Hmmmm this is going to be another long season for Bustanut :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12440
Speed Racer wrote:
Some questions:

What's up with the "League to be rescheduled" thing?

Why aren't the points posted?

How come there's 2 PR Leagues? (the other one, which I'm also in, appears to be working fine)

That's all I wanted to say. Back to LURK_ONLY mode.

I set one up without seeing this one, I'll delete my league when I figure out how.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Looks like the points are in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10977
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Looks like the points are in.

Don't remind me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Am I the only one that can't see the ranking for this league? Wtf :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Guys. I may have fcuked up.

Turns out that the league I created was a head 2 head league. :shock: :blush: :blush:

So we have effectively lost out on 2 rounds due to my incompetence.

I have created a new open league:

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ ... n/WXUDT5MV

Code: WXUDT5MV


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5159
Location: The Lonesome Cabal
well im at least gonna get 2nd at the moment.

ill need all the help i can get as I continue my ability to select players that dont make the park. BBBR stiffed me this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Guys. I may have fcuked up.

Turns out that the league I created was a head 2 head league. :shock: :blush: :blush:

So we have effectively lost out on 2 rounds due to my incompetence.

I have created a new open league:

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ ... n/WXUDT5MV

Code: WXUDT5MV


No doubt you had a shit round first up? :lol:

So weak...

Where's the EF league gone?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Code for EF's league: SRKDNUVS

Still works?

EDIT: Does for me, but I can't leave - so I guess my Ninja stealth days are over... All that effort on a fake retirement speech as well. :lol:

I can't see anyone else's team anyway, though. :uhoh:

The website is buggy as all shit this year. Absolute mess.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Posts: 4352
Location: Stellenbosch
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So we have effectively lost out on 2 rounds due to my incompetence.


Everyone's total points will still reflect, so it shouldn't make a difference.

Marshall Banana wrote:
The website is buggy as all shit this year. Absolute mess.


It gets worse every year. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox stops running this comp very soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
It's a huge mess alright. I should probably kill the head to head one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
If I had made 0 trades this week I'd be at least 30 points better off...

Should have stayed retired.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Jordan Uelese's hamstring strain really fucked me up.

Brodie is gonna drop 100. :lol: :x

I can't even get him in next week if I want to put out a full team... He's up against the Sunwolves - so I gotta get him in!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Robert du Preez sitting on 65pts on the bench.

Sopoaga on 2 :uhoh: :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Robert du Preez sitting on 65pts on the bench.

Sopoaga on 2 :uhoh: :(


That was funny - but then I saw this:

Image

And I lost it! :lol:

EDIT: Oh shit, the math doesn't add up... You've bought Kerevi or some cheap Jag, haven't you?

Damnit.

I got really lucky with Fulool's injury - Akira + JLdP took priority over him this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Picking Lam over Naiyaravoro was so very, very dumb.

He's gonna drop 110+... :uhoh:

I thought the big man would only play 50 minutes - but he's gone the whole game! Bastard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Marshall Banana wrote:
Picking Lam over Naiyaravoro was so very, very dumb.

He's gonna drop 110+... :uhoh:

I thought the big man would only play 50 minutes - but he's gone the whole game! Bastard.

I picked him but misread the fixtures and thought the Tahs would play after the Chiefs. So I went with DMac as VC.

He's on 89 as we speak.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBC 2, Chilli, Flockwitt, Google Adsense [Bot], JB1981, shortbutlong, Stjudes, Tehui, UncleFB, Wilderbeast, Wilson's Toffee and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group